Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 11:13:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GEMZ] GetGems - Social Messaging App That Pays - Live on Android, iOS, Web  (Read 597136 times)
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 10:14:23 PM

So if the Android version is built on Telegram and the iOS version is not...  How will people on iOS chat with users of Android?

it's like saying whatsapp people can chat with people on Viber or Facebook messenger.... lol

Cause both are being built on Telegram?
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 10:18:52 PM
Last edit: December 25, 2014, 02:50:02 PM by peled1986

So if the Android version is built on Telegram and the iOS version is not...  How will people on iOS chat with users of Android?
it's like saying whatsapp people can chat with people on Viber or Facebook messenger.... lol
Cause both are being built on Telegram?

Yes. Both Android and iOS versions are being built on Telegram, allowing both apps to communicate with each other.
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 10:53:47 AM
Last edit: December 23, 2014, 02:19:36 PM by peled1986

The gems currency is powered by Counterparty. Every GEMS user automatically gets his own wallet, protected by the passphrase chosen on registration. The social network username is an alias to the gems address, making sending & receiving gems and bitcoins between users as easy as possible. Gems Android App Showcase: https://twitter.com/getgemsorg/status/547336851678191617

Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 11:46:16 AM
Last edit: December 23, 2014, 07:44:06 PM by Netnox

The layout looks lovely, very clean and elegant combined with a revolutionary technology, wish Gems to replace Whatsapp. Sending Gemz was so freaking easy, it actually makes it fun to make transactions this way.

yoyoamigo

Activity: 622
Merit: 504

Your only Amigo, in the World of Crypto

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2014, 03:04:28 PM
Last edit: December 23, 2014, 03:15:54 PM by yoyoamigo

Just came back to check on how things are going for GEMS. Glad to see that the thread is back on track and making much needed progress to get those changes done.

So basically, just for the Messaging Platform, the GEMS Team has decided to stop developing its own "skeleton" and has decided to use Telegram's "skeleton" and all its nerves [network]. okay cool. Just make sure all the meat and muscles [the features that you have told us before] and appearance [how the app looks like as shown in the video] will be there and gets built onto Telegram's skeleton and nerves.

Glad to know Bitcoin Technology is still part of this GEMS project. i never really understood how the GEMS App was going to be totally build on Bitcoin Techonology. But I guess now the GEMS Team can work on getting those features done earlier, think about further improving those features in the near future and perhaps think of implementing new amazing features, since they no longer need to develop their own messaging app.  

Oh and i was well-informed enough to know that the GEMS app wasn't going to be fully done with all the meaty features by end December. Because of the initial plan to rollout certain features at a later date AFTER the android version gets released, only then will those features kick in - you know the airdrop and other different ways to get XGEMS Token. So i have no idea how some other people didn't know that. As for the crowdfunding campaign, i thought it was like for investors or for those who want to support GEMS. Since when was it "Oh, GEMS has hit 3000BTC or 1500BTC, so much funds yet where the hell are all the features???". Misinformed? Low Situation-Awareness? a mixture of both plus some other factors like not reading properly? Possible.  

I do agree that such change is certainly unwelcoming and demoralizing during this phase and not earlier, especially when it is a change to one of the cores of the GEMS Project. a major change. no doubt about that. BUT it was necessary and for the better of everyone and for the project. During the development phase of any project, there will always be certain things that we may fail to foresee or may have overlook. the GEMS Team had to make a critical decision and they handled it well enough if not perfect. Not forgetting, it was also THANKS TO US, those who invested and supported. Hence, the GEMS Team took our feedback into consideration and make the change without any serious compromise. At least it wasn't something done completely out of their own will. If its a change for the better...for the best...do it. But make sure of it first.

I am one of those who wants GEMS to succeed and not lose out to other competitors due to long-time development. i am one of those who wants the Android version to be out early and not have to wait 5-6 months for it. And i am glad that now those issues have been addressed. BUT of course, the GEMS Team still has to deliver all the stuff they have told us before. And it would be best if they can deliver more.

The only thing for us now is...to wait. As for the GEMS Team, deliver as what you have promised. If all's well, then it ends well. Do what you must do...GEMS Team. So far, i got to say...Keep up the good work. Grin.

Oh and if you don't mind, maybe you can take a Team Photo to show us some GEMS Spirit for the Christmas Festive season or maybe for the New Year's. Cheers! Cool  

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 03:13:21 PM

The gems currency is powered by Counterparty. Every GEMS user automatically gets his own wallet, protected by the passphrase chosen on registration. The social network username is an alias to the gems address, making sending & receiving gems and bitcoins between users as easy as possible. Gems Android App Showcase: https://twitter.com/getgemsorg/status/547336851678191617

Damn that sending system is a beautiful thing. What if you want to just write Gems? Smiley Is sending BTC the same, just type "Bitcoin"? 

Someone mentioned GEMZ as sending currency, I think you should definetly use "gems", why over complicate things if the app is called Gems is my thinking.
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 03:17:05 PM

Damn that sending system is a beautiful thing. What if you want to just write Gems? Smiley Is sending BTC the same, just type "Bitcoin"?  

Someone mentioned GEMZ as sending currency, I think you should definetly use "gems", why over complicate things if the app is called Gems is my thinking.

Thank you for the feedback.
Sending BTC works the same way (the "send logo" on the right changes to "bitcoin logo")
you can type the amount you want to send and than gems or gemz, both will work.
Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 03:23:43 PM
Last edit: December 23, 2014, 04:42:21 PM by Netnox

Good question, what if i want to say 'can you send me 10 gems?' The app shouldn't send it in this case.
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 03:29:50 PM

Thank you for the feedback.
Sending BTC works the same way (the "send logo" on the right changes to "bitcoin logo")
you can type the amount you want to send and than gems or gemz, both will work.

Seriously Daniel I don't do ass kissing and I still have my doubts people are going to want crypto as much as we think they want it BUT well done Daniel, really great job.
reRaise

Activity: 868

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 06:57:32 PM

Nice one Gems, hope your Twitter account gets verified at one point which will be pretty big if Gems gets that badge.
Youghoor

Activity: 1036
Merit: 275

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 07:06:24 PM

Twitter account verification is necessary,as gems will be spread more then.
TomKoinify

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 07:26:36 PM

I am also very impressed with the Android release. We don't get any special information / early access, and I was blown away when I saw that video.

Great job team Gems. Daniel grabbed the reins of this beast, and is driving it into the glory land of success.

Excited for the app launch, when we can all chat with each other!
Altcoin Agent

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 10:35:27 PM

I'm going to go ahead and post this one more time since it's such an effective campaign to spread the video. Sorry for the spam, and thanks to all who have retweeted this so far !

Want to get 1200 Gems for free ( 0.1 BTC worth ) ?

Check out this tweet.

.The DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.300% APY on USDT Deposits.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
tokyosilver

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 05:45:59 AM

Is this bullish for GEMS?

"Thailand’s Government Claims It Can Monitor The Country’s 30M Line Users"
http://techcrunch.com/2014/12/23/thailand-line-monitoring-claim/

For your info, LINE's overall user base is very small (170 million Monthly Active Users (MAU)) but they have top market share in Japan,Taiwan and Thailand.
"【Corporate Announcement】LINE Corporation Announces 2014 Q3 Earnings"
http://linecorp.com/ja/pr/news/en/2014/862
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 06:34:21 AM

For your info, LINE's overall user base is very small (170 million Monthly Active Users (MAU)) but they have top market share in Japan,Taiwan and Thailand.

Line and Kakao talk I believe should be the model not Whatsapp or Telegram. Asia is a big market and shouldn't be overlooked. Asians like cute stuff which Gems fits well.
Papcio77

Activity: 841
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 12:33:41 PM

The main objective 1BTC =1GEMS = parity!
Netnox
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 12:37:41 PM

Line and Kakao talk I believe should be the model not Whatsapp or Telegram. Asia is a big market and shouldn't be overlooked. Asians like cute stuff which Gems fits well.

This was posted by Gems Japan Twitter, i really would like to know what it says, especially the last picture.

komatsu

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 06:42:39 PM

Hello Netnox.
I'm Japanese Game Programmer.
This picture drew me. Wink It's meaning..

[1]
Social media is popular now. Much is this ad.
"I live by love by Youtube"
[2]
There are a lot of services. Popular person is getting the revenue with them.
[3]
But a lot of people with no popular can not be obtained revenue. Profit of many users that support services are deprived in service operator. It is now structured.
"Is not reduced the profit most people"
[4]
GEMS to eliminate this issue.
[5]
There is a virtual currency that can be used within the service in GEMS. Its name is GEMZ. There is a need for GEMS to companies advertise in GEMS. Therefore companies buy GEMZ. Service users receive GEMZ by the amount of advertising that was accepted. GEMZ can buy things or service, can be exchanged to other virtual currency  by rating.
[6]
This Importantly, the total amount of GEMZ are determined and one hundred million GEMZ. Because GEMZ total amount has been determined I go up the value of GEMZ about service users increases. This means that the initial thing of service user benefit.
"Total fixed"
[7]
GEMS has a wallet function of the virtual currency. This function is to transmit and receive at the touch of a button the GEMZ. Of course, other virtual currency. Between service users can exchange virtual currency(GEMZ to Bitcoin or Litecoin or Repple etc).
[8]
There are things interesting for other functions. It's a function to pay consideration to the appointment (time of people). This function is to charge a fee to speak to call people. This feature use to the counseling,  use to the interview to celebrity.
[9]
There are other many features. Please look forward to the future of GEMS.
"New information I have originated @getgems_jp. Please follow."

This was posted by Gems Japan Twitter, i really would like to know what it says, especially the last picture.

http://i57.tinypic.com/288vc4g.png
Youghoor

Activity: 1036
Merit: 275

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 06:47:12 PM

Hello Netnox.
I'm Japanese Game Programmer.
This picture drew me. Wink It's meaning..

[1]
Social media is popular now. Much is this ad.
"I live by love by Youtube"
[2]
There are a lot of services. Popular person is getting the revenue with them.
[3]
But a lot of people with no popular can not be obtained revenue. Profit of many users that support services are deprived in service operator. It is now structured.
"Is not reduced the profit most people"
[4]
GEMS to eliminate this issue.
[5]
There is a virtual currency that can be used within the service in GEMS. Its name is GEMZ. There is a need for GEMS to companies advertise in GEMS. Therefore companies buy GEMZ. Service users receive GEMZ by the amount of advertising that was accepted. GEMZ can buy things or service, can be exchanged to other virtual currency  by rating.
[6]
This Importantly, the total amount of GEMZ are determined and one hundred million GEMZ. Because GEMZ total amount has been determined I go up the value of GEMZ about service users increases. This means that the initial thing of service user benefit.
"Total fixed"
[7]
GEMS has a wallet function of the virtual currency. This function is to transmit and receive at the touch of a button the GEMZ. Of course, other virtual currency. Between service users can exchange virtual currency(GEMZ to Bitcoin or Litecoin or Repple etc).
[8]
There are things interesting for other functions. It's a function to pay consideration to the appointment (time of people). This function is to charge a fee to speak to call people. This feature use to the counseling,  use to the interview to celebrity.
[9]
There are other many features. Please look forward to the future of GEMS.
"New information I have originated @getgems_jp. Please follow."

Game programmer , welcome to the alt coin world.
tokyosilver

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 04:30:01 AM

Maybe I should do something like this for GEMS in Japanese. Tokyo GEMS News! (This was filmed in Jan 2014)

http://youtu.be/Z_jUCC1v09k
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: