Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 07:22:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★★ MEMs LIST of GAMBLING SITES ★★★  (Read 134624 times)
DOH!

Activity: 784
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2012, 06:00:23 AM

It's true, I have screenshots to prove it. Plus he locked his own thread when people were getting fed up with his bullshit and calling him out.  Sack of shit incarnate.

It's worth mentioning though that you turned a small (10 BTC?) deposit into 300 BTC or so by playing on his site while doubling down and splitting were both free, probably due to a bug in his site.

I don't know if he has any T&C mentioning what he does in the event of a bug in the server software causing users to win more than is expected, but either way deleting your account and locking his thread doesn't seem like an appropriate response to me.

Why not visit his site and see what the tos page looks like for yourself? Here's a hint: it's 404'd.  It's also worth mentioning that he said in his thread that he WAS NOT going to take back the winnings, hell he bragged about me winning over 300 btc on Sept. 3, right on bitjack21.com

"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 06:21:23 AM

Can the warning in the OP regarding the bet with MNW be removed ... that's over.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

mem (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 07:43:04 AM

Hi mem,
when you have a chance can you please review our latest game: Rock Paper Scissors

Damn, that name is going to mess up my formatting Tongue, I'll read through wikipedia and find a good term for these type of games.

Can the warning in the OP regarding the bet with MNW be removed ... that's over.

done.

Hi mem,

i would be glad if you could find some time to review flipbitcoin.com.
We just launched it yesterday (public beta) and it is working quite well.

Its a simple coinflipping game, working with payout and a published hashes, as we do not like to get scammed too Wink

Official Thread here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=107867.0

Great site Smiley

Glad to have another to add to my list Smiley

It's true, I have screenshots to prove it. Plus he locked his own thread when people were getting fed up with his bullshit and calling him out.  Sack of shit incarnate.

It's worth mentioning though that you turned a small (10 BTC?) deposit into 300 BTC or so by playing on his site while doubling down and splitting were both free, probably due to a bug in his site.

I don't know if he has any T&C mentioning what he does in the event of a bug in the server software causing users to win more than is expected, but either way deleting your account and locking his thread doesn't seem like an appropriate response to me.

Why not visit his site and see what the tos page looks like for yourself? Here's a hint: it's 404'd.  It's also worth mentioning that he said in his thread that he WAS NOT going to take back the winnings, hell he bragged about me winning over 300 btc on Sept. 3, right on bitjack21.com

Shame to hear about bitjack, still thats what the scam / pending list is for.
I think about another week or so of this and I'll have no choice but to label it as a scam permanently.

mem (OP)

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 02:45:27 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=83673.0

bitcoinslots struck out (tired now, but will properly update list later).

mem (OP)

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 03:21:39 AM

tied up list, shifted known scams / offlines/ etc to their correct place.

Formatted some entries, corrected max bet for satoshiroulette and listed the new games.

dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 05:22:30 AM

I notice you list btcdice as "exact clone of satshidice".  That's not really true.  btcdice seems to be deliberately deceptive in the payouts they quote.  For example they say they payout "2x" for the "lessthan 32768" (50/50) bet.  Obviously nobody can afford to pay 2x on a 50/50 bet, or they'd never win any money.  It turns out they take off the house edge *after* working out the 2x.  This is in contrast to pretty much every other site out there.  It's standard practice to quote the actual multiplier the player gets.

Various people have tried to point this out to btcdice, but they refuse to quote their real payouts.

Read from this post to the end of the page for details.

I guess you should at least mark their listing as "misleading payout multipliers" if not some stronger words.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
mem (OP)

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 06:37:21 AM
Last edit: September 24, 2012, 02:28:24 PM by mem

I notice you list btcdice as "exact clone of satshidice".  That's not really true.  btcdice seems to be deliberately deceptive in the payouts they quote.  For example they say they payout "2x" for the "lessthan 32768" (50/50) bet.  Obviously nobody can afford to pay 2x on a 50/50 bet, or they'd never win any money.  It turns out they take off the house edge *after* working out the 2x.  This is in contrast to pretty much every other site out there.  It's standard practice to quote the actual multiplier the player gets.

Various people have tried to point this out to btcdice, but they refuse to quote their real payouts.

Read from this post to the end of the page for details.

I guess you should at least mark their listing as "misleading payout multipliers" if not some stronger words.

I saw that and hoped that it would rectify itself..... I guess not.

Frankly Id prefer to list it as a scam rather than give it a note or simply remove it from the list entirely since it does mislead players.
Misleading players removes you from my list, striking out now.

Id appreciate some feedback on either listing as scam or permanently shelving the game in unattended until the matter is resolved..

freeAgent

Activity: 240
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 11:56:28 AM

Yeah, I've also noticed the BTCDice payouts being lower than described.
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 06:26:30 PM

Id appreciate some feedback on either listing as scam or permanently shelving the game in unattended until the matter is resolved..

Well, it's certainly not unattended.  They're deliberately quoting the payouts like that, and actively defending the decision.  I think it's better not to remove any service from the list, since that may lead new players to think you just didn't review the service yet.  I'd say leave it on the list and mark it according to what you think of their service.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
freeAgent

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 02:37:01 AM

Well, it's certainly not unattended.  They're deliberately quoting the payouts like that, and actively defending the decision.  I think it's better not to remove any service from the list, since that may lead new players to think you just didn't review the service yet.  I'd say leave it on the list and mark it according to what you think of their service.

Yeah, I agree.  Definitely don't remove them from the list.  I would mark them as a scam with a note as to why.  It would be even better if there was a way to mark a game as "intentionally deceptive", but scam is close enough for me.  If they don't like it, they can change their payout claims.
mem (OP)

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 02:52:44 AM

BTCDice now marked as a scam.

dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 03:16:51 AM

If you're going to define SCAM as "No payouts and the admins do not respond to contact attempts" then the label of scam is inaccurate in this case.  They do pay, they just don't pay what most reasonable users would expect them to pay after reading their front page.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
mem (OP)

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 05:06:26 AM

If you're going to define SCAM as "No payouts and the admins do not respond to contact attempts" then the label of scam is inaccurate in this case.  They do pay, they just don't pay what most reasonable users would expect them to pay after reading their front page.

Dont read to much into it, a scam is a scam is a scam.
Description updated for clarity though.

mem (OP)

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 12:58:20 PM

New category added MISLEADING

relevant to btcdice: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=92829.msg1219373#msg1219373

BTCDice

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2012, 01:10:39 PM

relevant to btcdice: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=92829.msg1219373#msg1219373

Not relevant to BTCDice. I explain this to you quite clear. You are slandering me and my site for no reason.
mem (OP)

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 04:57:18 PM

Not relevant to BTCDice. I explain this to you quite clear. You are slandering me and my site for no reason.

the reasons have been explained to you repeatedly and quite clearly by myself and several other forum members.
I wont waste further energy on this, but please consider the following.

You achieve only 2 things advertising your payout multiplier in the fashion you do.

• Decieving new players who have not read the 'fine print' on your site.
  • Poor first impression with all clients when they wonder why their 50% payout was not actually 50%.

Good luck and I hope you find enlightenment elsewhere as I cannot give it to you.

mem (OP)

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 05:06:25 PM

Happy to announce that btc dice multipliers are now displayed in a fashion that gamblers are used to.

BTCDice issue resolved, I have noted this in its current listing and will bump it back into the main listing shortly (late night for me Wink )

Id also like to welcome another site to the list: https://dvc-lotto.com/ , site admin is a forum member Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=41776

I shall create a pending listing for this new game shortly, will fire off a few bets/entries tonight for a test.

freeAgent

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 06:08:24 PM

the reasons have been explained to you repeatedly and quite clearly by myself and several other forum members.
I wont waste further energy on this, but please consider the following.

You achieve only 2 things advertising your payout multiplier in the fashion you do.

• Decieving new players who have not read the 'fine print' on your site.
  • Poor first impression with all clients when they wonder why their 50% payout was not actually 50%.

Good luck and I hope you find enlightenment elsewhere as I cannot give it to you.

Great news.  It's the market at work Smiley
SRoulette

Activity: 364
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2012, 04:16:48 AM

Hi mem, we have added another game: Clone Dice.

It is a game inspired by fireducks satoshidice but with several adjustments.
Progressive Jackpots
Numbers are 1-100 not 0-65535 (easier for the user to calculate).
A cool retro 1995 styled web page Tongue

Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

What's a GPU?

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 12:17:08 AM

Thanks for the list, mem.

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  

Jump to: