Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 04:38:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which video you like the most for LitecoinDark?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njZCeOibh_Y&feature=youtu.be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftKAUxwX7TQ&feature=youtu.be
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fb8ixDXwqQs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USuLSFUVY7E

Pages: « 1 ... 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 [403] 404 405 406 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [LTCD] LitecoinDark.com ★ Scrypt ★ Difficulty Shield ★ Multipool ★ Fast  (Read 368505 times)
mikeymillie

Activity: 370
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 08:26:19 PM

since we're talking about devs, i am still wondering something and want to clear this up for myself.
was Troll the only dev developping the coins code or is litecoindark dev also coding?
It felt that only Troll was coding but I could be wrong ofcourse.

I'm not for sure but think Litecoindark dev started the core and Trollbyfire was rewriting codes for the 2.0. Someone else may know more about this.

I'm just wondering why he can't implement/improve/continue Trolls work, why do they need another dev to implement stuff, for example the stealth/POS/anon msg'ing and now prolly the 2.0 stuff.
Unless i'm completly overlooking something?

This coin is a scammy, noob-bait name, that is all.  It's got nothing to do with either LiteCoin nor Dark.  Sounds like something a stoner made up to make himself have a giggle fit.  Whooooa dude, what if there was "LiteCoin"  but it was.. like  "Dark" too.  Mystical!  whoaaa  

There wasn't and still isn't a designated lead dev who is an actual coder, the "dev"  who started it cannot code past a high school level and needs others to finish the job for him/her.  This results in chaos, revolving door "development"  and real devs stay far away from here because they know its a waste of time at best.    All you see going on is pumps from people trying to get out of their coins with as minimal loss as possible, trying to entice bots and suckers who don't bother to read the forums to see that there is no "there" there.  If people want to see it hit 1000 sats, let alone 3000,  then someone who has a lot of stake in this coin (1m +) and the most to gain / lose, needs to approach coders on other projects who know what they are doing.  Screw the whitepaper marketing scam, everyone knows that is all that is now.  Website can be minimal, nobody really cares as long as its not a 404 page.  Get 2.0 done.   But I am wasting my keyboard's lifetime here. This is about as likely to happen as a resurrection of Mt.Gox.  

jahl

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 08:35:22 PM

since we're talking about devs, i am still wondering something and want to clear this up for myself.
was Troll the only dev developping the coins code or is litecoindark dev also coding?

I'm not for sure but think Litecoindark dev started the core and Trollbyfire was rewriting codes for the 2.0. Someone else may know more about this.

I'm just wondering why he can't implement/improve/continue Trolls work, why do they need another dev to implement stuff, for example the stealth/POS/anon msg'ing and now prolly the 2.0 stuff.
Last I heard was that we had a Dev that was trying to, but wasn't familiar with the 2.0, Think that when Trollbyfire announ that he was willing to help and clean up code and help new dev with 2.0. Just going by what I saw on the forum. Vic maybe able to answer question better, but I think he was up late working on the project. He's been real good about answering question, sure he be in soon.

yes i saw that too, thats why i started thinking why can't litecoindarkdev work on this instead of the new dev (whoever that is).
I mean, he did started the coin, so he must have had plans for it at some point.
It feels odd that he has to hire a new dev to implement stuff/code.
In Troll case, I understand why he wanted him aboard because he obviously has skills, but it can't have been the plan from the beginning to hire ppl for every change to the coin?
Or do I have an incorrect view on what a dev is.

Its like starting a compagny right?
Selling your work, and then hire more people along the way to help as the compagny expands and cannot be handled anymore by one single person due to too much work having to be done.
In this case its like outsourcing all the work that has to be done.
Hamuki
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 08:42:55 PM

This coin is a scammy, noob-bait name, that is all.  It's got nothing to do with either LiteCoin nor Dark.  Sounds like something a stoner made up to make himself have a giggle fit.  Whooooa dude, what if there was "LiteCoin"  but it was.. like  "Dark" too.  Mystical!  whoaaa  

There wasn't and still isn't a designated lead dev who is an actual coder, the "dev"  who started it cannot code past a high school level and needs others to finish the job for him/her.  This results in chaos, revolving door "development"  and real devs stay far away from here because they know its a waste of time at best.    All you see going on is pumps from people trying to get out of their coins with as minimal loss as possible, trying to entice bots and suckers who don't bother to read the forums to see that there is no "there" there.  If people want to see it hit 1000 sats, let alone 3000,  then someone who has a lot of stake in this coin (1m +) and the most to gain / lose, needs to approach coders on other projects who know what they are doing.  Screw the whitepaper marketing scam, everyone knows that is all that is now.  Website can be minimal, nobody really cares as long as its not a 404 page.  Get 2.0 done.   But I am wasting my keyboard's lifetime here. This is about as likely to happen as a resurrection of Mt.Gox.  

You do realize that no one is forcing you to stay..
And to be honest, you are the only one who sounds like a "stoner".

Nothing that looks like Litecoin?
Litecoin = Scrypt
LitecoinDark = Scrypt
Litecoin =  PoW
LitecoinDark = PoW
Litecoin = No more dev work.
LitecoinDark = New devs that are getting for PoS, they are trying to learn how to make the 2.0 and getting things moving.

But since you complain so much, then why not use time yourself on making a coin, using 14 months on getting 2.0 gen code written and implomented.
What about you use 5-12 hours a day on working for the coin and making sure the community is happy?

Remember you also have a family, a job and a shit ton of other IRL stuff to deal with at the same time.

Now, go cry in a corner about the money you lost because you have weak hands and cant wait for something to happen.

mikeymillie

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 08:49:42 PM

You do realize that no one is forcing you to stay..
And to be honest, you are the only one who sounds like a "stoner".

Nothing that looks like Litecoin?
Litecoin = Scrypt
LitecoinDark = Scrypt
Litecoin =  PoW
LitecoinDark = PoW
Litecoin = No more dev work.
LitecoinDark = New devs that are getting for PoS, they are trying to learn how to make the 2.0 and getting things moving.

But since you complain so much, then why not use time yourself on making a coin, using 14 months on getting 2.0 gen code written and implomented.
What about you use 5-12 hours a day on working for the coin and making sure the community is happy?

Remember you also have a family, a job and a shit ton of other IRL stuff to deal with at the same time.

Now, go cry in a corner about the money you lost because you have weak hands and cant wait for something to happen.

>Litecoin = Scrypt
>LitecoinDark = Scrypt
>Litecoin =  PoW
>LitecoinDark = PoW

You are seriously comparing the coins based on traits they both share with 100 other shitcoins?  You are better off comparing them based on their names.

The claim stands.  "LiteCoinDark"  is and always has been nothiing more than a feebleminded attempt to cash in on the fad of tacking "Dark"  on to a generic shitcoin and hoping people don't look very closely. 

It actually worked for a while, which is impressive only in how it reveals how easily gamed the simpleminded thought process of the average altcoin trader is.  But even the dimmest bulbs laugh at this coin these days.  I guess that's a kind of fame, maybe positioning it as being a joke "on purpose" could get it back to 300 sats.   lol.  not. 
xX_otto_Xx

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 08:50:33 PM

Sounds like your Mad now ( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=760143.msg9623635#msg9623635  ) When the shit was going down where were you. What side are you on, whole time you were saying how great things are, now ur flip flopping. I think maybe ur part of a pump and dump team. when things wasn't being done right, you had no comment. Now that they are trying to get the coin and the development back on track, you screaming scam. Back the fudge off! We been thou this already, give the guys a break, are you reading any of the replys.
Martin958

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 08:57:29 PM

Yes I was going to post the same thing. If Troll had a problem working with Robbert developing 2.0 then why can't he re-join the new dev team since they have replaced him?

Vic Velcro is far more responsive as is bad bit operated boy. Couldn't Troll try with them instead?

And if 2.0 is so ground-breaking, why would he just pass his unique idea onto someone else take over?
mikeymillie

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 08:59:37 PM

Sounds like your Mad now ( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=760143.msg9623635#msg9623635  ) When the shit was going down where were you. What side are you on, whole time you were saying how great things are, now ur flip flopping. I think maybe ur part of a pump and dump team. when things wasn't being done right, you had no comment. Now that they are trying to get the coin and the development back on track, you screaming scam. Back the fudge off! We been thou this already, give the guys a break, are you reading any of the replys.

Once upon a time I thought there was something happening with this community, and I didn't realize TrollByFire was hired help,  thought he was the main dev from the beginning.  Later on I figured out the story and now the non-progress completely makes sense.   Nobody has enough to gain by helping to dev this coin, and its already a joke that went much farther than it should have, so that reputation just adds baggage to the weight already there from lack of progress.   I am here to point out the obvious, and in case ppl come by wondering whats up with the coin,  they can see how a supporter turned into  a critic by the dev process being such a mess.  I'm long out of this coin,  just here as a cautionary tale.
xX_otto_Xx

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 09:08:48 PM

Yes I was going to post the same thing. If Troll had a problem working with Robbert developing 2.0 then why can't he re-join the new dev team since they have replaced him?

Vic Velcro is far more responsive as is bad bit operated boy. Couldn't Troll try with them instead?

And if 2.0 is so ground-breaking, why would he just pass his unique idea onto someone else take over?

If you read back Trollbyfire said he didn't have time to do a big project and he will be here to help other devs. Last I heard Trollbyfire invest in buying coins too. The fall out between the Devs, I don't know. Something they will have to work out. Maybe someday it will come out. But not our business. You guys are panicking, I'm sure Vic be in later to answer your question, or you can PM him. Trollbyfire knows where people too, and I don't think he was here to scam anyone, he just didn't have time to do it all on his own. Atleast there will be new devs and trollbyfire will be there to help out, he just can't be fulltime.
xX_otto_Xx

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 09:11:27 PM

Once upon a time I thought there was something happening with this community, and I didn't realize TrollByFire was hired help,  thought he was the main dev from the beginning.  Later on I figured out the story and now the non-progress completely makes sense.   Nobody has enough to gain by helping to dev this coin, and its already a joke that went much farther than it should have, so that reputation just adds baggage to the weight already there from lack of progress.   I am here to point out the obvious, and in case ppl come by wondering whats up with the coin,  they can see how a supporter turned into  a critic by the dev process being such a mess.  I'm long out of this coin,  just here as a cautionary tale.

So in other words you sold out of the coin and now your trying to buy back cheap.
vicvelcro

Activity: 196

WARNING: I say "F*CK". A Lot.

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 09:22:21 PM

I was awake for 38 hours in one long stretch. I had a good several hours of sleep. Now I am awake but still drinking my first cup of coffee.

I see that there have been plenty of posts. Some relevant questions have been asked and some boldly stated discontent expressed.

Give me an hour or so to get myself awake and alert.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Hamuki
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 09:25:41 PM

I was awake for 38 hours in one long stretch. I had a good several hours of sleep. Now I am awake but still drinking my first cup of coffee.

I see that there have been plenty of posts. Some relevant questions have been asked and some boldly stated discontent expressed.

Give me an hour or so to get myself awake and alert.

Good morning, im about to head to bed..

Have fun working today Tongue

Any news on 2.0 in a official matter?
And how will we get back on track? (Get more community members, get investors and other good stuff)

Talk to ya tomorrow, ill be reading this when I wake up Smiley

jahl

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 09:30:55 PM

If you read back Trollbyfire said he didn't have time to do a big project and he will be here to help other devs. Last I heard Trollbyfire invest in buying coins too. The fall out between the Devs, I don't know. Something they will have to work out. Maybe someday it will come out. But not our business. You guys are panicking, I'm sure Vic be in later to answer your question, or you can PM him. Trollbyfire knows where people too, and I don't think he was here to scam anyone, he just didn't have time to do it all on his own. Atleast there will be new devs and trollbyfire will be there to help out, he just can't be fulltime.

I never claimed that Troll has scammed anyone, let this be clear  Smiley
xX_otto_Xx

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 09:35:25 PM

I never claimed that Troll has scammed anyone, let this be clear  Smiley

I was just saying what I thou, Vic in now, I was just trying to answer question as best as I can. Good Morning Vic, I turn it over to you, lol. Later guys...
Martin958

Activity: 232

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 09:37:17 PM

No panic here, I just want to get to the root of things and form a workable plan. This coin has more momentum than most new alts and can still do well.

When Vic wakes up we'll have more directional pointers.
rastuss

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 09:43:42 PM

Why can't people just let the new team crack on?

What this coin was, and the previous guys who were involved are now pretty much irrelevant to it's success or increase in price. The only thing that's going to make a difference now is new developments to the coin delivered in a professional constructive manner. The new team obviously know this, so just let them get on with it, and place a bit of trust in them.
Snippets of this or rumours of that are damaging at best, and only official announcements should carry any weight.

Those here to dis what's going on now are plainly pissed at having sold & lost a stack of cash on this in its previous life or just generally negative gits, both of which this coin doesn't need anymore.

Vic - I don't know you from Adam, but crack on lad, I'm an investor and I have genuine faith in the new squad.

Nuff said.
jahl

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 09:53:43 PM

What this coin was, and the previous guys who were involved are now pretty much irrelevant to it's success or increase in price. The only thing that's going to make a difference now is new developments to the coin delivered in a professional constructive manner. The new team obviously know this, so just let them get on with it, and place a bit of trust in them.
Snippets of this or rumours of that are damaging at best, and only official announcements should carry any weight.

Those here to dis what's going on now are plainly pissed at having sold & lost a stack of cash on this in its previous life or just generally negative gits, both of which this coin doesn't need anymore.

Vic - I don't know you from Adam, but crack on lad, I'm an investor and I have genuine faith in the new squad.

Nuff said.

I think its better if ppl discuss concerns here, where devs can follow along and respond before they escalate.
travis72682

Activity: 168

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 10:38:21 PM

yes i saw that too, thats why i started thinking why can't litecoindarkdev work on this instead of the new dev (whoever that is).
I mean, he did started the coin, so he must have had plans for it at some point.
It feels odd that he has to hire a new dev to implement stuff/code.
In Troll case, I understand why he wanted him aboard because he obviously has skills, but it can't have been the plan from the beginning to hire ppl for every change to the coin?

Selling your work, and then hire more people along the way to help as the compagny expands and cannot be handled anymore by one single person due to too much work having to be done.

tbh I honestly think the intention of the coin was scam in the first place. The original dev "litecoindark" cant code anything.. There was early success that made him decide to milk it more long term imo. If it werent for trollbyfire ltcd would have been dead long ago imo... I have no idea he left until recently, but I wish I would have known he was leaving...

At this point Im just gonna hold the 15k  coins I have and hope the new devs are genuine and can turn it around.

@ xircom: You were mining early on if I remember correctly.. I have a feeling there is some exaggerating going on (dont think you are negative), but at this point what does it matter. As far as you keeping your 500k... You cant really act like you are doing charity with the price where it is... Im holding also, but its not because I support anyone. . .

Free coins for doing nothing https://qoinpro.com/d45ca89a36b0bfdd29925ca28760ef53
gimme free btc Tongue  :  14DsWStNquSGgJtekxd3CXZvnTsyLmGxeT
http://ribbit.me/?ref=mYUbs6r4OB  free coins or something
pimpcash:  PE4QF7MrgY6gvBuAiwFq2ckHyb7m2utTcF
vicvelcro

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 10:38:51 PM

@rastuss expressed a well thought point of view. @jahl makes a good rebuttal. It looks to me that both are mutually CORRECT.

Please everyone continue to discuss. Just keep it civilized.

My suggestion is to put more effort into looking forward and less effort into looking backward. Nitpicking what cannot be changed is useless at best and FUD from P&D shills at worst.

I am still reviewing the recent previous posts.

Nuff said.

I think its better if ppl discuss concerns here, where devs can follow along and respond before they escalate.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
vicvelcro

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 11:51:06 PM
Last edit: November 27, 2014, 02:13:52 AM by vicvelcro

Will the 2nd gen whitepaper be released so we know what we would have been waiting for since the beginning? Seriously i want to know.

When it is available to me, I will look it over. If Troll has no objection and if I find no faults with it, I will make it available.

A good start would be to make the nonsense name of this coin mean what it says.  The "Dark"  doesn't have anything to do with stealth or anon, the coin does not have these features at all. Is that supposed to be a joke?  This coin is the posterboy for what's wrong with the alt market.  Cheap talk everywhere, 5 or 6 dev who know what they are doing whose efforts are tarnished by 1000 wannabes who just finished high school computer class and learned how to download from Git and compile and want a quick buck.

To be honest: Most of your post is crap, in my opinion. It seems you have fabricated your own significance on everything in a manner that facilitates your bad-mouthing which seriously looks like FUD. If this is incorrect on my part, I suggest you do a better job composing your words in the future. You make insults, putdowns, have what appears to be a juvenile level of intellect applied to your own thoughts, and you employ general misdirection technique. Fix it or move along elsewhere. If you fix it, I will consider your opinions to be more valid and relevant.

My understanding of DEV is that it refers to the person(s) who make decisions about the overall development. DEV does not need to be a coder. The coder would be the person(s) who write the actual code (pretty obvious). The coder is not necessarily a DEV and a DEV does not necessarily have to be a coder.
My understanding is that the original code was provided by LitecoinDark and that the majority (if not the entirety) of subsequent code was provided by TrollByFire.
I could be mistaken.

My understanding indicates that you are correct.

Trolls work may be significantly different than what was originally done. The need for another DEV is due to the resignation of the previous team. Without them, there is nobody to make decisions or do anything at all. The new team is necessary for the continuance of the project.

Last I heard was that we had a Dev that was trying to, but wasn't familiar with the 2.0, Think that when Trollbyfire announ that he was willing to help and clean up code and help new dev with 2.0. Just going by what I saw on the forum. Vic maybe able to answer question better, but I think he was up late working on the project. He's been real good about answering question, sure he be in soon.

It does seem that the work done by Troll was so much different that the previous coder was out of his element to some extent. There was a post in which Troll did mention possibly being willing to consult and/or assist. I do not have the post in front of me, so I may not be perfectly accurate at this time.

Mmmmmm K...

There wasn't and still isn't a designated lead dev who is an actual coder, the "dev"  who started it cannot code past a high school level and needs others to finish the job for him/her.

How do you reach that conclusion? Prove it. Do you even know WHO it is you think you are talking about? I get the impression you are confusing your own self.

All you see going on is pumps from people trying to get out of their coins with as minimal loss as possible

Nope. It is an outside group. Confirmed it myself.

trying to entice bots and suckers who don't bother to read the forums to see that there is no "there" there.

People with similar motive to yours - posting FUD here for their/your own ulterior motives.

If people want to see it hit 1000 sats, let alone 3000,  then someone who has a lot of stake in this coin (1m +) and the most to gain / lose, needs to approach coders on other projects who know what they are doing.

Maybe true, maybe not. But that does look like a point of view that would only serve the wants of a P&D group or somebody who wants to sabotage the coin from the inside.

Screw the whitepaper marketing scam, everyone knows that is all that is now.

You know this how? Post the whitepaper that you have, which nobody else seems to have. Otherwise, you are talking sideways out of your ass. Prove that you possess anything with which to base your drivel upon.

But I am wasting my keyboard's lifetime here.

And 30 seconds of your life you will never get back.

Personal choice. If he wanted to do so, he would have. Whatever the reason, the reason is his.

Could be a lack of time, and wanted more hands on the job. Could be he reached the limit of his ability. I can think of other valid reasons. Pure speculation on my part, though.

That is the most reasonable and plausible perception, in my estimation.

If Troll had a problem working with Robbert developing 2.0 then why can't he re-join the new dev team since they have replaced him?

You would need to ask Troll. I suggest a PM and not a public call-out. He might be offended if he felt confronted.

We are trying to be as available and aware as possible. Troll would be welcome to contact me if and when he feels the desire to do so.

Maybe he's a nice guy. Maybe he wouldn't pass it on. Only he can say.

Once upon a time I thought there was something happening with this community, and I didn't realize TrollByFire was hired help

That was your own error. Don't pass the responsibility for your own lack of intellectual ability on to somebody else.

thought he was the main dev from the beginning.

Same as above.

Later on I figured out the story and now the non-progress completely makes sense.

There you go, then. You have taken a step forward. Uh, disregard. You've taken a step further backward.

I'm long out of this coin,  just here as a cautionary tale.

On behalf of the community, thank you for your concern. But I'm pretty sure we're all fine. It is so nice to see you leave. Bon Chance. Good bye. Good riddance. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out. kthanksbye.

You guys are panicking, I'm sure Vic be in later to answer your question, or you can PM him. Trollbyfire knows where people too, and I don't think he was here to scam anyone, he just didn't have time to do it all on his own. Atleast there will be new devs and trollbyfire will be there to help out, he just can't be fulltime.

You were right. Here I am. My PM box is available to anyone and everyone. Troll was short on time, he said so on at least a few occassions in posts he made to the forum.

Any news on 2.0 in a official matter?
And how will we get back on track? (Get more community members, get investors and other good stuff)

No news to announce today. But there will be news soon. I have 2.0 at the front of my mind and consider it to be a priority.
Plans for how to get back on track are currently being scribbled on a white-board and are in progress of being sorted. Too soon to post specifics, but there will be no delay when it *IS* time to post.

mikeymillie

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 12:23:48 AM

no going to requote vicvelcro's huge 100% content-free wall of excuses, "yeah buts" and reiterations. Vic, you put an admirable amount of effort into saying nothing. Enjoy the brownie points that got you with the rest of the HODLers, they will fade fast.  

Go ahead and get all the hopeful bagholders to come to your side, I know this will end with me being called a troll, fudster,  etc.  See also:  every single other shitcoin board when the emperor is shown to have no clothes.  It won't help your price.  

Only progress - not gaseous talk about maybe progress -  but actual progress, will help.    And nobody involved with this coin has the chops to accomplish that. Anyone who does is already busy working on non-joke coins with actual futures.
Pages: « 1 ... 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 [403] 404 405 406 »
  Print  

Jump to: