Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 10:28:07 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Black Arrow 28nm 100Ghash Bitcoin ASIC from $0.49/GH/s  (Read 96767 times)
goozman96

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 10:17:07 PM

My hypothesis - and anyone can disagree - is that they secretly decided to go with 20nm instead of 28nm because they couldn't reach their targets with 28nm. That's why bobsag3 said that stuff under NDA are "specifics" for tapeout, etc.
That's the "surprise" and they don't want KNC/Cointerra/etc to know about it until they've successfully produced it.

BTC: 19DKtsdGfQyFzNiEze9KuFQrWGiLDvg6F1 | LTC: LbV6UGyjYbVP49NvQFmuAnkADcaFYvNagK | NMC: NDCdMJmTmGH54Cezmo3CwSxAC7grAoZJbj
Pentax

Activity: 700

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 10:35:02 PM

My hypothesis - and anyone can disagree - is that they secretly decided to go with 20nm instead of 28nm because they couldn't reach their targets with 28nm. That's why bobsag3 said that stuff under NDA are "specifics" for tapeout, etc.
That's the "surprise" and they don't want KNC/Cointerra/etc to know about it until they've successfully produced it.

that would be nice.

Right now I'll be surprised if I see the X-3's I've ordered before Q3.  

if they make this new deadline and the UPS man shows up by May 1 I'll be just as surprised as if Ed McMahon rang my doorbell and threw confetti at me while bobsag, matt et. al. walked it up the driveway while singing 'working in the coal mine'

OleOle

Activity: 532

Are you like these guys?

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 10:46:17 PM

that would be nice.

Right now I'll be surprised if I see the X-3's I've ordered before Q3.  

if they make this new deadline and the UPS man shows up by May 1 I'll be just as surprised as if Ed McMahon rang my doorbell and threw confetti at me while bobsag, matt et. al. walked it up the driveway while singing 'working in the coal mine'

Don't forget Jimmothy, BA's number one cheerleader, they'd be there singing and dancing telling people to ignore their loses, that BA really are a fantastic company and that the delays, loss of earnings and dissatisfaction is "only caused by a few fudsters" and is all in our minds.

If third party comments on an internet forum cause delays to their deliveries, what kind of halfwits are we dealing with?

Pfffff.

Angry

Pentax

Activity: 700

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 10:57:34 PM

In all seriousness you can't hold BA accountable for not guaranteeing a profit (according to your calculations which are 99% wrong).

You can however hold them accountable to deliver hardware that meets advertised specs. Delays are unfortunate but not uncommon (Historically just about every asic manufacturer has experienced delays).

they can be held accountable for not delivering on time.  people made their buying decisions based on the timetable set out.  it was as much a factor, if not more, as the price of the unit. 

Who buys this thing in November/December for batch 1 if they're going to get it in May, or later, but could instead order from Cointerra, who is already shipping, and get their unit in Feb/March?  Pretty much no-one is my guess.

the fact that others have been late is irrelevant.  manufacturers need to keep up their end of the bargain, and that includes on time delivery for a time critical application, or be held accountable for losses suffered as a result of their own failure.

goozman96

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 03:16:37 AM

So, blackarrow has been online multiple times since I sent my PM (twice) and since I've posted here multiple times too. So much for better communication.

BA:
You guys said that you would not be affected by the CNY, care to comment why "most of the staff" had off when you previously said it wouldn't affect you guys?

BTC: 19DKtsdGfQyFzNiEze9KuFQrWGiLDvg6F1 | LTC: LbV6UGyjYbVP49NvQFmuAnkADcaFYvNagK | NMC: NDCdMJmTmGH54Cezmo3CwSxAC7grAoZJbj
goozman96

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 03:58:16 AM

So, blackarrow has been online multiple times since I sent my PM (twice) and since I've posted here multiple times too. So much for better communication.

BA:
You guys said that you would not be affected by the CNY, care to comment why "most of the staff" had off when you previously said it wouldn't affect you guys?

Because they lied? Please do not act surprised... I mean these guys are so shady that we don't even know who is running this so called enterprise. Makes me wonder what I was thinking when I ordered from them (serious lapse in judgement on my part obviously).
Seems to be the case. I'm pondering on whether or not to request a refund from bobsag3 now. If blackarrow isn't competent enough to answer a simple question, especially after they said they'd try to improve in the communication department, then I don't trust them to make a working miner. At least man up and admit you made an incorrect judgement call/lied to us.

goozman96

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:10:13 AM

Please send me a PM and I'll do the best I can to help you. We are very sorry for the inconvenience and the long response times we have at the moment.
Lol, seriously? When are you not sorry about the long response times? Why don't you just publicly answer the question?
And there's no way you're the new "press officer" cuz you've been on their forums for months now.

goozman96

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:24:10 AM

Please send me a PM and I'll do the best I can to help you. We are very sorry for the inconvenience and the long response times we have at the moment.
Lol, seriously? When are you not sorry about the long response times? Why don't you just publicly answer the question?
And there's no way you're the new "press officer" cuz you've been on their forums for months now.

My interpretation of their original 'CNY won't impact our delivery date' was that they had never planned to work during CNY, but had capacity before and after to assemble the units and make their date. Obviously with everything else going out the window that did too. So it (according to my theory) isn't that they were originally going to work through CNY, but that they had originally accounted for it in their project plan.

But who knows, just a guess.
Well that'd be a great explanation - if only it came from blackarrow themselves.

OT: I wouldn't be recommending EarthVPN:
http://www.wipeyourdata.com/other-data-erasing/no-logs-earthvpn-user-arrested-after-police-finds-logs/

goozman96

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:38:59 AM

It may not look that way to you but I actually do my very best to get to the bottom of things, and get as much information as possible. However like I have said before, not everything can be released and that is not up to me. If there are people having problems with orders, shipping and other tickets I can look into what is happening there and why it hasn't been resolved yet. And that's not the person I am talking about.
Okay, so now we have multiple Alexes. My trust in this company is growing by the minute. /s
You still haven't addressed my concern. What would you have said to me in PM? You can post it here publicly. Or just PM me yourself.

goozman96

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:44:02 AM

Well I haven't had time to read the entire thread here, so forgive me if I'm wrong. Is your concern about the Chinese New Years or is it about something different?
Chinese New Year.

goozman96

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:54:05 AM

Well TinkerTom mainly explained it. With the initial plans we had taken into account that everybody, or almost everybody, would be away. This was before the redesigning of the chips to achieve the better power efficiency. Because the redesign was not planned it did not fit into the schedule with the Chinese New Year. So the Chinese New Year wasn't supposed to affect us, but it did with the changes.
Answer me something: are all of you guys located in Europe? Because I know you are.

goozman96

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:12:48 AM

I can assure you that that isn't me on hackforums. For one why would I want to bring down a high school website? Also if I wanted to bring down a website, do you think I would post that under my account.
So you could get out of a test.
Yes, you would, cuz you were in high school and didn't know any better.
Here's a question for you: why should I believe you?

goozman96

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:14:58 AM

This is what happens when a company decides not to be public; people do their own digging. And whether or not some stuff is true or some stuff is false will fall on deaf ears because y'all chose to be as private and secretive as possible.

goozman96

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:23:27 AM

This is what happens when a company decides not to be public; people do their own digging. And whether or not some stuff is true or some stuff is false will fall on deaf ears because y'all chose to be as private and secretive as possible.

What made them lose your trust? Giving updates about delays? You ordered from a private company and because they had delays you want them to transform into a public company?

They have responded to nearly all of the questions (most retarded/unhelpful like yours) in this thread so I don't know how that makes them as secretive as possible.

I am almost starting to think this is just a PG alt account
The fact that I have posted that question about CNY multiple times, PMed BA multiple times and it's been ignored.
And oh, looks like BA is online.. let's see if he'll post...

OleOle

Activity: 532

Are you like these guys?

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:40:56 AM

I'm not the new PR representative. I've been very busy the past while, but now I have finally found some extra time for the bitcointalk forum.

It's about time you asked Corporal Black Adder to make a guest appearance here and answer some questions.

goozman96

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 05:44:48 AM

Nope, too late. Blackarrow signed off.

DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 06:27:12 AM

OK, well if they were planning to be gone during the CNY, then tapeout needed to happen 2 weeks earlier than we have been saying, (in order to have everything done and no work being done for 2 weeks).  So, that puts original tape out 2 weeks earlier, which brings us back to why weren't the customers informed until January?

So, I am not sure of the new guys name, what do you do for BA?  It seems that there are many PR people that we are meeting, Blackarrow, BAMatt, New guy, Bobsag, plus future PR person we are being promisee.  Everytime one of these people have stepped forth to "deliver" information, we end up getting nothing, becoming frustrated, and then the cycle of getting promised a new PR person comes from BA.  There seems to be a lot of people at BA brought on for no reason.  None of the people we talk to ever have any information, or seen to even be on the same continent as the engineers. So whats next?  We still have to wait for that PR person?

We were told that you would evaluate the number of people who wanted refunds and decide if they can be given.  When is the cutoff for that?  Certainly there has to be a date that I need to let MS know I want a refund before you do your evaluation to see if you have the money to refund us?  Please let me know when that is so I can make up my mind.

Are we done evaluating other compensation plans?  Or is this still happening?  I need to facts in order to make an informed decision to request a refund or keep my order.  Is 25% extra all we are getting?  I understand that 25% is all you could possibly swing right now, could we add discounts for future purchases of products then?  And if so what kind of discount are we talking?

Your original post says that 70% of production costs are already paid for.  So if you needed our pre order money, to pay wafer manufacturing costs, probably a couple millions dollars by my estimate (lets say 2M), which is only 30% of production costs, otherwise you would have money on hand, your saying that total costs to bring this chip to market are almost 10 million dollars?  Just a thought I had while writing the rest of this, but I think a comment would help with your transparency.

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 11:32:31 AM

If the vapourware condenses into magic silicon crystals on the 20th then the product will be available on the 24th in some sense of the word. I hope BA's intentions are honest and that everybody gets to enjoy an ROI.

On a side note:

Magic the Gathering online exchange, seriously?
DebitMe
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 01:23:40 PM

As it seems that he is doing his best to mislead our customers by claiming that we're are not genuine, we have asked Phinnaeus Gage to contact VeriSilicon to confirm if we are doing the Bitcoin mining ASIC with them. He has refused twice. As he has posted more than 170 messages here (all deleted by us) and he is replying every few seconds shows that he has a lot of spare time and writing an email to VeriSilicon would not be a time issue for him. The refusal to check if we are legit leads us to suspect that he might have a hidden agenda.

Please find below a snapshot which supports our comments:

Re: Rolla, MO is a small town...
« Sent to: blackarrow on: Today at 11:12:41 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote  ReplyReply  Remove this messageDelete 
Quote from: blackarrow on Today at 11:01:27 AM

In order to resume conversation with us, please paste the reply you've got from Verisilicon regarding our chip.

Regards!

Obviously, you have lost your fuckin' mind! I didn't contact Verisilicon because I believe there is no fuckin' way they should be releasing information about Black Arrow due to an NDA. The onus is on you to request of them to post publicly the relationship you two have with one another, along with the status and why the delay of the chip.

What I provided you has nothing to do with Verisilicon, and everything to do with who you've vetted as your resellers. You seriously don't have a clue as to how this revelation and your failure to act is going to put Black Arrow in a pickle due to cancellations of orders, do you?

Please PM me the information to do this, I will contact Verisilicon and confirm they are working on a product for you. I will then leave a write up of my experiences.  I will need phone number and any information that is needed to verify your claims.

DebitMe
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 02:08:19 PM

Bobsag, please confirm that the extra 2 months and 10% discount is also available for people who bought from MinerSource, thanks

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 139 »
  Print  

Jump to: