Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:46:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Diablo Mining Company  (Read 96157 times)
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 10:11:05 PM

So bottomline is that people who bought DMC shares with cash at IPO have lost the bulk of their investment, but those who got them from trading with you have broken even or made a profit?

IF the people who bought at 1.0 BTC agreed for you sell/trade more at far lower prices then they only have themselves to blame for having the value of their shares diluted down by over 90%.  Agreeing to that was sheer lunacy on their part(if they did - I wasn't watching at the time so never checked for votes on GLBSE).

The people who bought at full price fit into two categories. 1) They believe the original plan is sound and want to invest in DMC 2.0, 2) They didn't agree with the discount plan and sold out early in the 0.90s.

GLBSE motions didn't work right yet at that time, so this was an informal motion. Almost all the original shareholders I personally knew on IRC, so it was easy to get done.

Ones who sold out at  0.9 are the smart lucky ones. Rest of them got fucked and lost over 98% share price.  
BTW, if I recall, DMC lost more of its value than defaulted scammer Trendon Shavers pass through crap (before GLBSE closed).
Why don't you buy that crap back from me at price you sold it to me?

You've refused to list a sell order on the exchange for that price, and you also have demanded to get ahead in line. Shares will be bought back according to what price they are being sold at. You threw a hissy fit on IRC because you think you should get preferential treatment over other shareholders.

You have tried to claim that 1.00 (the IPO price) to 0.03 (the floor during the nefario incident) means I lost 97% of the money put into DMC. Since virtually all shares were never even sold at full IPO price due to trading, this claim is false. The mid-mortem I wrote up above details approximately how much was put in, how much was paid out, and approximately how much the assets are valued.

When DMC finally buys back all the shares, we will most likely break even. If the minimum of 1691 BTC went in, 1105 + 90 BTC have been paid out, and our assets are at least worth 496 BTC, we break even. If the maximum of 1966 BTC went in, 1105 + 90 BTC have been paid out, and our assets are worth at least 771 BTC, we break even.

I want to make sure the remaining shareholders get as much out of these assets as possible. Neither ASICMINER nor BTCMC can be sold yet, and Namworld is still fighting amazingrando on BTC-MINING so that might not be a complete loss.

Let me make you a really simple "painting" of what has happened   

100 shares, assets are 100 lollipops - NAV 1 lollipop per share so for this game, lets say the NAV is 1 lp

Now, if you take 10 lollipops, and stick them up your arse, those lollipops are bad... not good now. Understand it?
So you have 100 shares, 90 lollipops and your shares NAV is .. lets say it all together ... yes, wipe that drool off your chin... and lets say it together now: "0.9" . Good boy.  Lets move on.
Right. So you managed to waste 10 lollipops and your shareholders are not happy.
No problem dear D3, you just take another 50 lollipops and flush those down the toilet. Do not worry, you can blame that on this Other Guy.
And so on and on,  until you have 0.03 fkn lollipops per share. 
If you sold shares later at 0.11 and bought that shit back.... SO FKN WHAT! You fucked everyone, who was supporting your from the day one.
And now you are asking coin for 2.0? Really?

How about you tell us all, what is it exactly you are going to do with more coin?
Maybe you can introduce us to your business plan? You know what, forget the business plan. You can not write it up any ways and its just a big fkn "guess" of what will happen. Lets make it easier (and more fun) so everyone can understand your new business - how about a small description of your business model?

You have no idea what business model is? No problem, here it is Definition of 'Business Model' - The plan implemented by a company to generate revenue and make a profit from operations. The model includes the components and functions of the business, as well as the revenues it generates and the expenses it incurs.   

Lets make it fun and easy! Fun is good!
Now, lets not allow you to fuck this up. Let me help you out here and list some key "questions" you must be able to answer. Use that as guide to describe us your fabulous business model:

* Key activities
(you write your stuff here)

* Key partners

* Your Key resources

* What your Cost Structure looks like

* Revenue stream

* Your Customer Segments

* Customer Relationships

* and Channels (communication obviously)

And now, the most interesting one:

* Value proposition

Can you do that? 
Sure, you can start whining how this tool is shit and you hate it....
Read up http://www.slideshare.net/techdude/business-model-generation  and have fun.

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DiabloD3 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1162

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2013, 10:40:35 PM

So bottomline is that people who bought DMC shares with cash at IPO have lost the bulk of their investment, but those who got them from trading with you have broken even or made a profit?

IF the people who bought at 1.0 BTC agreed for you sell/trade more at far lower prices then they only have themselves to blame for having the value of their shares diluted down by over 90%.  Agreeing to that was sheer lunacy on their part(if they did - I wasn't watching at the time so never checked for votes on GLBSE).

The people who bought at full price fit into two categories. 1) They believe the original plan is sound and want to invest in DMC 2.0, 2) They didn't agree with the discount plan and sold out early in the 0.90s.

GLBSE motions didn't work right yet at that time, so this was an informal motion. Almost all the original shareholders I personally knew on IRC, so it was easy to get done.

Ones who sold out at  0.9 are the smart lucky ones. Rest of them got fucked and lost over 98% share price.  
BTW, if I recall, DMC lost more of its value than defaulted scammer Trendon Shavers pass through crap (before GLBSE closed).

You've refused to list a sell order on the exchange for that price, and you also have demanded to get ahead in line. Shares will be bought back according to what price they are being sold at. You threw a hissy fit on IRC because you think you should get preferential treatment over other shareholders.

You have tried to claim that 1.00 (the IPO price) to 0.03 (the floor during the nefario incident) means I lost 97% of the money put into DMC. Since virtually all shares were never even sold at full IPO price due to trading, this claim is false. The mid-mortem I wrote up above details approximately how much was put in, how much was paid out, and approximately how much the assets are valued.

When DMC finally buys back all the shares, we will most likely break even. If the minimum of 1691 BTC went in, 1105 + 90 BTC have been paid out, and our assets are at least worth 496 BTC, we break even. If the maximum of 1966 BTC went in, 1105 + 90 BTC have been paid out, and our assets are worth at least 771 BTC, we break even.

I want to make sure the remaining shareholders get as much out of these assets as possible. Neither ASICMINER nor BTCMC can be sold yet, and Namworld is still fighting amazingrando on BTC-MINING so that might not be a complete loss.

100 shares, assets are 100 lollipops - NAV 1 lollipop per share so for this game, lets say the NAV is 1 lp

Now, if you take 10 lollipops, and stick them up your arse, those lollipops are bad... not good now. Understand it?
So you have 100 shares, 90 lollipops and your shares NAV is .. lets say it all together ... yes, wipe that drool off your chin... and lets say it together now: "0.9" . Good boy.  Lets move on.
Right. So you managed to waste 10 lollipops and your shareholders are not happy.
No problem dear D3, you just take another 50 lollipops and flush those down the toilet. Do not worry, you can blame that on this Other Guy.
If you sold shares later at 0.11 and bought that shit back.... SO FKN WHAT! You fucked everyone, who was supporting your from the day one.

This is partly why no one takes you seriously.

Lets say I have 3 shares. I sell 1 share for 10 lollipops. With permission of the first shareholder, I sell the next share for 5, and the next for 2. I have a total of 17. According to your math, I have instantly lost 13 lollipops, even though they never actually existed.

I then hand back 10, 5, and 2 lollipops to the original investors, respectively. I have handed back a total of 17 lollipops, the original number I was handed.

You're the guy with 6 who thinks he should get more than he originally put in, even though neither the guy with 10 or the guy with 2 are getting more than they put in.

Monster Tent

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 11:40:49 PM

This is partly why no one takes you seriously.

Lets say I have 3 shares. I sell 1 share for 10 lollipops. With permission of the first shareholder, I sell the next share for 5, and the next for 2. I have a total of 17. According to your math, I have instantly lost 13 lollipops, even though they never actually existed.

I then hand back 10, 5, and 2 lollipops to the original investors, respectively. I have handed back a total of 17 lollipops, the original number I was handed.

You're the guy with 6 who thinks he should get more than he originally put in, even though neither the guy with 10 or the guy with 2 are getting more than they put in.

The main problem is you did a bait and switch during your IPO and instead of a mining company that would build its own datacentre and hold assets you turned it into an ETF which destroyed more value than a hooker getting AIDS.

There was no motion to change the original business plan into an ETF which you chose to do all by yourself.

Deprived

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 12:12:41 AM

Problem with that is that shares are fungible.  So you can't give back based on what people put in.  In your example all three of the guys would get 5.667 lollipops meaning the one who put in 10 lost out to the ones who put in 5 and 2.

Everyone's meant to pay the same amount of lollipops - that's where you made a basic mistake.  Some adjustment of the price is unavoidable - but to go from putting in 10 lollipops to putting in 0.2 is just silly.

I haven't suffered any personal loss - the bunch of DMC I now hold were bought at just over 0.02 each on average.  But my profit when I convert those to ASIC-MINER and sell them hasn't come (as it should have) from great management of the fund.  It's come from massive dilution of share value, coupled with investors totally losing confidence - meaning my profit is really coming from other investors who invested earlier.  And that's not a success for DMC, no matter how you spin it.

I bought those shares when they were heavily undervalued.  I'm puzzled why all these people you think want to invest in DMC 2 weren't snapping them up - just the ASICMINER were plainly worth more than the price I managed to buy at.  Actually I lie - I'm not puzzled at all : you should figure out the reason for it and what it tells you.
Monster Tent

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 18, 2013, 12:19:25 AM

Problem with that is that shares are fungible.  So you can't give back based on what people put in.  In your example all three of the guys would get 5.667 lollipops meaning the one who put in 10 lost out to the ones who put in 5 and 2.

Everyone's meant to pay the same amount of lollipops - that's where you made a basic mistake.  Some adjustment of the price is unavoidable - but to go from putting in 10 lollipops to putting in 0.2 is just silly.

I haven't suffered any personal loss - the bunch of DMC I now hold were bought at just over 0.02 each on average.  But my profit when I convert those to ASIC-MINER and sell them hasn't come (as it should have) from great management of the fund.  It's come from massive dilution of share value, coupled with investors totally losing confidence - meaning my profit is really coming from other investors who invested earlier.  And that's not a success for DMC, no matter how you spin it.

I bought those shares when they were heavily undervalued.  I'm puzzled why all these people you think want to invest in DMC 2 weren't snapping them up - just the ASICMINER were plainly worth more than the price I managed to buy at.  Actually I lie - I'm not puzzled at all : you should figure out the reason for it and what it tells you.

That fine till he trades away all the ASICMINER shares for worthless shares in other companies in the same way he gave away all the bitcoins he raised in  the IPO to other companies .

If he still had the bitcoins hes supposed to have the shareholders would be on their way to having actual assets to show for the investment.

DiabloD3 (OP)
Legendary

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2013, 02:50:10 AM

The main problem is you did a bait and switch during your IPO and instead of a mining company that would build its own datacentre and hold assets you turned it into an ETF which destroyed more value than a hooker getting AIDS.

There was no motion to change the original business plan into an ETF which you chose to do all by yourself.

Except I never changed it into an ETF. I was using mining bonds to fulfill the mining part of the plan until the datacenter was constructed and mining equipment could be placed into it. At no time was the datacenter taken off the table.

DMC 2.0 is going to continue pursuing the original plan.

DiabloD3 (OP)
Legendary

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2013, 02:57:18 AM

You're right, its a little messy because people aren't getting paid back what they originally put in because they want their money now instead of when they'd normally get it. That is their choice, however, I am not forcing them to sell their shares for less than they purchased them for.

I never claimed DMC was a success. I should have accepted USD investments as well as BTC, except DMC just wasn't ready for that yet. It would have raised money much faster and we could be already on our way to accept customers. DMC 2.0 probably will accept USD investments as well.

Also, I do agree that I shouldn't have listened to early shareholders and sold IPO shares at less than 1.0. At the time, their arguments sounded like a good idea, however none of them had any actual business expertise and I should have realized it was a bad idea. I want to believe they had their hearts in the right place, though.

DiabloD3 (OP)
Legendary

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2013, 02:58:55 AM

That fine till he trades away all the ASICMINER shares for worthless shares in other companies in the same way he gave away all the bitcoins he raised in  the IPO to other companies .

If he still had the bitcoins hes supposed to have the shareholders would be on their way to having actual assets to show for the investment.

Read the mid-mortem report. Before nefario decided to shit all over the community, DMC was turning a profit before the mvp was completed.

novusordo

Activity: 800
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 07:42:50 AM

I've reconsidered your request for the trade. I'll trade 11 DMC for 1 ASICMINER

Would you do 8 ASICMINER shares for 83 DMC shares?

No, but I'll do it for 88. The shares are cheap on Bitfunder, get them while you still can.

77 for 7 then. Let me know how I should proceed.

I'm going to keep a list of trade offers. ASICMINER prices could peak above 1 BTC, so this is a great deal.

Scratch my previous trade offer, I just realized I have 88, not 83. I'll trade 88 DMC for 8 ASICMINER.

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
EskimoBob
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 09:35:48 AM

How's the promised buy-back going?

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
DiabloD3 (OP)
Legendary

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2013, 09:39:54 AM

ASICMiner should be issuing their first dividend soon.

EskimoBob
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 09:43:22 AM

Can you answer the question?

https://bitfunder.com/asset/DMC

Asset Name   DMC
Asset Issuer   Diablo-D3
Shares Total   11,579
Shares Issued   11,579
Pays Dividends   Yes
Issuer may Increase Shares:   No

DiabloD3 (OP)
Legendary

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2013, 09:49:54 AM

Asset Name   DMC
Asset Issuer   Diablo-D3
Shares Total   11,579
Shares Issued   11,579
Pays Dividends   Yes

I answered your question.

EskimoBob
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 10:14:56 AM

Asset Name   DMC
Asset Issuer   Diablo-D3
Shares Total   11,579
Shares Issued   11,579
Pays Dividends   Yes

Let me rephrase that: How many shares have been bought back after the DMC relisting on bitfunder?
How many shares did you list on bitfunder to begin with?

DiabloD3 (OP)
Legendary

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2013, 10:42:59 AM

Asset Name   DMC
Asset Issuer   Diablo-D3
Shares Total   11,579
Shares Issued   11,579
Pays Dividends   Yes

Let me rephrase that: How many shares have been bought back after the DMC relisting on bitfunder?
How many shares did you list on bitfunder to begin with?

0, 11579. Your original question implied you cared about actually getting it done.

EskimoBob
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 11:09:15 AM

0, 11579. Your original question implied you cared about actually getting it done.

So you have done exactly nothing!? Your "I am buying back shares blaa blaa blaa" is just "blaa blaa blaa" as expected.
DiabloD3, you can stfu now.

DiabloD3 (OP)
Legendary

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2013, 11:18:10 AM

So you have done exactly nothing!? Your "I am buying back shares blaa blaa blaa" is just "blaa blaa blaa" as expected.
DiabloD3, you can stfu now.

You do realize BTCMC and ASICMiner dividends are funding the buy back, right? BTCMC pays dividends once a month, ASICMiner has not paid its first dividend yet.

DiabloD3 (OP)
Legendary

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2013, 05:02:51 AM
Last edit: March 02, 2013, 06:09:59 AM by DiabloD3

Active shares: 11,393
Dividends paid out today: 23.63967749 BTC
Dividends per share paid out today: 0.00207493  BTC

Dividends paid out for all time: 114.02708295 BTC
Dividends paid out for all time per share: 0.0292967163171353 BTC

Assets held:
106 BTC-MINING
1000 BTCMC
1000 ASICMINER

Dividends:
15.00 BTC from BTCMC
23.54454 BTC from DMC's ASICMINER shares
8.73502434 BTC from my ASICMINER shares

Progress:
1691 to 1966 BTC paid into DMC
1015 BTC returned for 9,330 shares
8.95 BTC returned for 186 shares
114.02 BTC dividends paid

553.03 to 828.03 BTC still owed

Deprived

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 02, 2013, 06:26:47 AM

Assets held:
106 BTC-MINING
1000 BTCMC
1000 ASICMINER

Dividends:
15.00 BTC from BTCMC

Progress:

What's the remaining wallet balance?  I notice you've paid some of the received dividends out and bought back shares with some - but some is, as yet, unused/unaccounted for.
DiabloD3 (OP)
Legendary

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2013, 07:32:14 AM

Assets held:
106 BTC-MINING
1000 BTCMC
1000 ASICMINER

Dividends:
15.00 BTC from BTCMC

Progress:

What's the remaining wallet balance?  I notice you've paid some of the received dividends out and bought back shares with some - but some is, as yet, unused/unaccounted for.

Approximately 5.96 BTC is currently in reserve.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  

Jump to: