Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:19:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 [155] 156 157 158 159 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [~1000 GH/sec] BTC Guild - 0% Fee Pool, LP, SSL, Full Precision, and More  (Read 379025 times)
phorensic

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 13, 2011, 05:34:12 AM

Maybe the DDoS on the pools is to spike the difficulty down in the last 100-200 blocks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sadpandatech

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 13, 2011, 01:00:44 PM

Maybe the DDoS on the pools is to spike the difficulty down in the last 100-200 blocks.

Though possible I don't think they are that dumb. It has had only a marginal effect on the time until next dif change. Bumped it up by a whole 6 hours from what it was. And it would be just as easy for that to have happened anyhows with a few long rounds from the large pools.  I think its more likely that they are jsut pissed they can't mine with a pre setup pool with their botnet and are nerd raging. One would think if they are smart enough to get all those bots to connect to a pool they could just make their own damn pool and leave everyone else alone. ;p

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
eleuthria (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 13, 2011, 02:00:28 PM

Artificially lowering the difficulty is not really effective.  They have to extend the higher difficulty in order to force the next one lower, so it really isn't going to be this massive gain in profitability.

This is just a pissed off botnet, the same one that took us offline in July, and probably the same one that took all 3 major pools down back in June.

RIP BTC Guild, April 2011 - June 2015
Jezzz

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2011, 02:02:14 PM

We'd love to have some extra miners while the issues here get resolved. 
eleuthria (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 13, 2011, 04:47:07 PM

Looks like the attacks are dying down on all fronts.  This morning the pool was having up/down connectivity for about 50% of the pool [one node was overloaded from direct connections+sticky load balancing].

I don't think any pool op is ready to say its over and things are back up and running like usual, but things are looking much better right now.

RIP BTC Guild, April 2011 - June 2015
AniceInovation
Donator

Activity: 446
Merit: 262

Interesting.

View Profile
October 14, 2011, 10:23:16 AM

Confirmed Rewards seems to be ok now, thanks.
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 14, 2011, 08:07:51 PM

Well i had this long rant typed out but i erased it.

I decided to come back to btcguild after a month of good sailing at deepbit.

I left btcguild because my miners were not getting work reliably as they should.
A month later, my miners are still not getting work as reliably as deepbit provides.

I see failed to connect errors, disconnected from server, work queue empty, etc...
More then deepbit ever gave me. Seriously.

I am a net eng. I actually control the full path of my packets right to my gigE connection
with level3 which carries my packets to the IP addresses btcguid.com resolves to in Germany.
I can detect a network problem. There aint one. No dropped packets via ping while i watch
miners go idle. The problem happens randomly to miners on different boxes, different cards, etc..

Things go well for an hour and then a couple of miners go idle.. get some work.. go idle.. get some
work.. go idle.. then finally stabilize again.

Something just ain't right. Am I the only one? I doubt it based on comments I read in other threads
over time.. and here is the same problem again. I was thinking it was due to new blocks being announced
with a slight delay but the timing is just not right and other miners chug right along.

I am about to switch back. Maybe other users can comment? Maybe the admin knows of the problem but
has decided this is as good as it gets?

I dunno.

Nesetalis

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2011, 09:09:56 PM

what miner are you using?

ZOMG Moo!
fcmatt
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2011, 09:24:56 PM

that was in my longer rant.

Quite recent poclbm and phoenix with recent guiminer on 3 different machines all windows 7 64 bit.
several cards mining at the moment. 4x5830, 1x5850, 2x6950.
i switched to deepbit already and it is rock solid. Have not seen a blip since switching
over the last hour. GPU usage graph stays pegged at 99-100%.

I really want to use btcguild. I even set my donation to 2.5% this time around. (I was cheap before).
But with all the idles/disconnects/cannot connect and what not I have to wonder if the real cost of using btcguild compared to deepbit is 4 plus percent if you consider lost BTC due to idles if most everyone else operates fine
and keeps throwing up shares while i get nothing.

I am almost positive this is not just happening to me. I have read in other threads of people saying
the same thing and have switched to other pools.
cablepair

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2011, 11:19:03 PM

We'd love to have some extra miners while the issues here get resolved. 

sorry but that was lame.  Grin Grin
ancow

Activity: 373
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2011, 02:59:07 AM

that was in my longer rant.

Quite recent poclbm and phoenix with recent guiminer on 3 different machines all windows 7 64 bit.
several cards mining at the moment. 4x5830, 1x5850, 2x6950.
i switched to deepbit already and it is rock solid. Have not seen a blip since switching
over the last hour. GPU usage graph stays pegged at 99-100%.

I really want to use btcguild. I even set my donation to 2.5% this time around. (I was cheap before).
But with all the idles/disconnects/cannot connect and what not I have to wonder if the real cost of using btcguild compared to deepbit is 4 plus percent if you consider lost BTC due to idles if most everyone else operates fine
and keeps throwing up shares while i get nothing.

I am almost positive this is not just happening to me. I have read in other threads of people saying
the same thing and have switched to other pools.

I use cgminer, and whenever there is a problem ("pool not providing work fast enough" for my measly 60MH/s) it automatically gets some work from my backup pool, so I don't get idles.
If you don't want to switch miners, you could always try the "different instance with lower priority on backup pool" trick to avoid idles. At least if you want to mine here bad enough... Wink

BTC: 1GAHTMdBN4Yw3PU66sAmUBKSXy2qaq2SF4
Nesetalis

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 03:04:06 AM

on phoenix i set it to -q 2
that reduces all the "waiting for works" though i get a few disconnects occasionally.

ZOMG Moo!
iamapi

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 05:31:02 AM

Looks like the attacks are dying down on all fronts.  This morning the pool was having up/down connectivity for about 50% of the pool [one node was overloaded from direct connections+sticky load balancing].

I don't think any pool op is ready to say its over and things are back up and running like usual, but things are looking much better right now.
much better!
mitchel

Activity: 22

View Profile
October 16, 2011, 01:29:39 PM

I left btcguild because my miners were not getting work reliably as they should.
A month later, my miners are still not getting work as reliably as deepbit provides.

I see failed to connect errors, disconnected from server, work queue empty, etc...

I am a net eng. I actually control the full path of my packets right to my gigE connection
with level3 which carries my packets to the IP addresses btcguid.com resolves to in Germany.
I can detect a network problem. There aint one. No dropped packets via ping while i watch
miners go idle. The problem happens randomly to miners on different boxes, different cards, etc..

Things go well for an hour and then a couple of miners go idle.. get some work.. go idle.. get some

Something just ain't right. Am I the only one? I doubt it based on comments I read in other threads
over time.. and here is the same problem again. I was thinking it was due to new blocks being announced
with a slight delay but the timing is just not right and other miners chug right along.

I am about to switch back. Maybe other users can comment? Maybe the admin knows of the problem but

I dunno.

I am having the exact same issue as you.  I use Phoenix with phatk2 for all my miners and there are 16 of them.  My donation is also set to 2.5%..... Sad

Does the pool operator know whats going on and is working on a fix?  i have actually sent a few emails to the support link on the website but have never received a reply....
Nesetalis

View Profile
October 16, 2011, 02:03:11 PM

as I said, add -q 2 to phoenix miner, and that should help.

ZOMG Moo!
Druas

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 16, 2011, 05:45:41 PM

I dunno.

I am having the exact same issue as you.  I use Phoenix with phatk2 for all my miners and there are 16 of them.  My donation is also set to 2.5%..... Sad

Does the pool operator know whats going on and is working on a fix?  i have actually sent a few emails to the support link on the website but have never received a reply....
I am not trying to be an asshole, but if only two people have a problem then it might not be a high priority fix. I am sure Eleuthria monitors the servers and when there is an issue on his end where a huge chunk of the pool is having issues connecting/idles, he works his ass off to fix it the best he can. It really sounds like in order to fix your individual problems he would basically have to sit down with you one on one and try to troubleshoot. There is no guarantee that this will work though, because sometimes you run out of ideas when things look like they should work on both ends.
mitchel

Activity: 22

View Profile
October 16, 2011, 05:53:20 PM

I dunno.

I am not trying to be an asshole, but if only two people have a problem then it might not be a high priority fix. I am sure Eleuthria monitors the servers and when there is an issue on his end where a huge chunk of the pool is having issues connecting/idles, he works his ass off to fix it the best he can. It really sounds like in order to fix your individual problems he would basically have to sit down with you one on one and try to troubleshoot. There is no guarantee that this will work though, because sometimes you run out of ideas when things look like they should work on both ends.

Understandable...but if one does not post then one will never find out...hence my questions about the issue that I'm experiencing.
Druas

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 16, 2011, 06:25:19 PM

Understandable...but if one does not post then one will never find out...hence my questions about the issue that I'm experiencing.
I guess it was more directed at fcmatt, but he won't give up.
fcmatt
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2011, 06:29:11 PM

I dunno.

The golden rule of debugging things. If one or two people complain of a problem more then likely the problem is much more wide
spread then you think. I am going to guess 100s of miners have already left and are probably never going to come back. Thus why
the pool speed, before the price of BTC hit such lows, kept shrinking to "about" what you see today.

I have already had two people private message me complaining of the same thing but they did not want to post about it in the
open and perhaps cause more of a problem for the admin. (As in drive away traffic. They think the admin is a nice guy).

If the admin feels the pool is working well enough for most people... I am just waiting for him to say it. Thus I will know this
pool is probably never going to work for me and some others. I am going to guess many other miners have very little idea this
is happening to them as much as they realize. I am going to guess there is a problem on the servers where they cannot handle
all the requests they are getting for a few moments in time which happens repeatedly over the day.

But hey.. i am trying to give constructive criticism here. It is up to the owner to decide what to do with it. I know I appreciate
when my customers tell me when something is wrong. Quite often they are right and it was NOT them.
fcmatt
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2011, 06:32:01 PM

I guess it was more directed at fcmatt, but he won't give up.

posting about experiences with this pool is the whole fucking point of this thread.
i am annoyed with you.
Pages: « 1 ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 [155] 156 157 158 159 »
  Print  

Jump to: