Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:08:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 128 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people hate islam?  (Read 220961 times)
Dende

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 01:19:35 AM

Hate of people may be bigotry. But hate of their religion might be appropriate and right, if that is the way you feel about it.

The idea of Christianity is to love all people, but to hate anything that turns the people away from the true God.

It is true that hatred of anything corrupts the person and weakens his life. But, it still happens.

Smiley
If you are preaching hate on a religion you are also sowing hatred to the people that believe in it.
Show me in the bible where it states it is allowed to hate other religions. I had a conversation with a couple of Jehovah Witnesses about 3 weeks ago and it was one of the friendliest conversations for one and a half hour I have had with strangers. I did not feel any hatred from them and they even gave me a copy of a bible for free.

Surely:

Assassinations:

Narrated Al-Bara bin Azib: Allah's Apostle sent a group of persons to Abu Rafi. Abdullah bin Atik entered his house at night, while he was sleeping, and killed him.
Sahih Bukhari 5:59:370

Robbery:

Abu Sufyan and the horsemen of the Quraysh were returning from Syria following the coastal road. When Allah’s Apostle heard about them he called his companions together and told them of the wealth they had with them and the fewness of their numbers. The Muslims set out with no other object than Sufyan and the men with him. They did not think that this raid would be anything other than easy booty.
Al-Tabari, Vol. 7, p. 29

Barbaric torture and killings:

Narrated Anas: The Prophet cut off the hands and feet of the men belonging to the tribe of 'Uraina and did not cauterise (their bleeding limbs) till they died.
Sahih Bukhari 8:82:795

Mercilessness to the disabled:

When a blind Jew became aware of the presence of the Messenger and the Muslims he rose and threw dust in their faces, saying, ‘Even if you are a prophet, I will not allow you into my garden!’ I was told that he took a handful of dirt and said, ‘If only I knew that I would not hit anyone else, Muhammad, I would throw it in your face.’ Sa’d rushed in and hit him on the head with his bow and split the Jew’s head open.
Al-Tabari, Vol. 7, p. 112, See Also Ishaq:372

Need more? There are THOUSANDS! Muhammad was but a violent psychopath suffering from schizophrenia.
As I said in my first post in this thread my knowledge is very limited but I will try to clarify this matter with some information I found on the net. I will only touch on the hadeeths from authentic sources such as Sahih Bukhari and Sahih Muslim. And on Al-Tabari:
Tareekh at-Tabari was a voluminous text compiled by Imam Ibn Jarir at-Tabari (may Allah be pleased with him). Imam at-Tabari followed the classic methodology of early Islamic historians, a process which differed greatly from modern day historical writers. Islamic historians would simply compile all the known narrations about a certain event, regardless of how authentic or reliable each of those narrations were. They would copy the Isnads (chains of transmitters) into their books, in order that the Muhaditheen (scholars of Hadith) could determine which narration was Sahih/Hasan (authentic/good) and which was Dhaeef (weak) or even Mawdoo (fabricated). In other words, the historians compiled the narrations, and the Muhaditheen authenticated them.
Source and more information below:
http://thefactsaboutislam.blogspot.de/2010/08/islamophobes-think-before-you-quote.html
Well as it said in the url, think before you quote his work.

In the first hadeeth above, read the next hadeeths for the reason of the assassination.
http://www.sahih-bukhari.com/Pages/Bukhari_5_59.php
Further explanation in the first paragraph below
http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=-ppPqzawIrIC&pg=PA204#v=onepage&q&f=false

As for the second hadeeth above
http://www.islamic-life.com/forums/quran-hadith-prophet-muhammad/refutation-uraina-tribe-men-killed-shepherd-allahs-messenger-2792

I hope that would give better understanding of the hadeeths.

You are claiming there are thousands hadeeths that says the prophet is violent, well bring at least one thousand more.
Since you are using hadeeths to make this claim, below are collection of hadeeths that describes the character of the prophet.
http://www.iqra.net/Hadith/sifat.php
And see what western scholars have written about Muhammad (peace be upon him)
http://www.imamreza.net/eng/imamreza.php?id=6054

========================================================================

Sure, but you can do this because you read the book.

Isn't it said that Muslims should only read the "Holy Book" in the original language, which most do not know.  They memorize and recite verses that the cannot understand, because they do not know the language.  Since they must not read the book in other languages, the only actual knowledge they would have of it is from the local mullah?

This seems to be an extremely problematic premise for a culture.  It is very reminiscent of the "Latin Mass" of Catholics, now abandoned.

That would make a population very subject to the whim and caprice of a bad mullah.
While it is true that a Muslim should always consult people that are more knowledgable in the issue of religion, every Muslim must make an effort to read the Quran with understanding. God has given human beings with the capacity of reason to apply them in our lives and to understand His revelations, to take lessons and to apply them. Although many Muslims do not speak arabic but there are translation of the Quran in many languages available. There is nothing in Islam that limit understanding of the Quran only through arabic language, only in our prayers must one recite the Quran in arabic.
Another important source of knowledge for Muslims is the Sunnah which means way of the prophet. In the Quran it is commanded for every Muslim to pray and the details of prayer such as times of prayer, how to pray etc. are found in the Sunnah. Through the Sunnah, Muslims are also thought how to lead everydays lives such as how to conduct with people, manners, patience and so on.
Putting an effort to study Quran and Sunnah by oneself can avoid a Muslim from following a bad mullah or imam or fall into deviant teachings.

That's a very nice excuse, EXCEPT that what we call "Arabic" wasn't invented up to IX Century in current Yemen.
So the excuse that you should read a book, originally written in Assyrian, dictated by the VII Century in Arabic is a bold point.
Huh
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classical_Arabic
The Quran itself has a claim that it was sent in arabic.
"Indeed, We have sent it down as an Arabic Qur'an that you might understand" (12:2)
http://quran.com/12/2

========================================================================

i think we are not hate that religion , but we hate bad people / organization who hide behind that religion to make a mess in this world

I hate religion. No, let me rephrase that. I hate organized religion. A belief system held to oneself or imediate family that harms no other, I got no real problem with. Even if it's anti reality or just plain silly, it harms me not. Or as Thomas Jefferson said it neither picks my pocket nor breaks my legs.

But when two nasty elements come together, as they do in relgious organization(s), it gets ugly. Those elements being the lust for power and the claim of ultimate authority. Most religions, I daresay all religious organizations, have a greater or lesser degree of these elements. I actually tend to single out Christianity as it has had the greatest personal detriment to me. Islam is no different in that.

The most rabid fundamentalist is harmless without backers, followers, and sycophants. Religion breeds 'em like rabbits.
I hope you can give religion a second chance. I would argue there are also organized groups that are not influenced by any religion have made many corruption and brought destruction to this earth. Lets start in the early 20th century, since this is Bitcointalk I want to mention the feds and banks. No religion was involved in the establishment of the feds just pure greed. The same goes for the banks both are stealing wealth from the majority and give it to a few. The reason usury was forbidden in many religion because it is an opressive tool, it sucks wealth from the poor and give it to the rich. And world wars, no religion involved there. Hiroshima, Nagasaki and Vietnam war, pure atrocities. There are still people effected by agent orange in Vietnam. Many more issues in the recent years that do not have any religious influence over it. And of course, not denying also crazy people that made a mess and use religion as justification.

Human beings can be the best and the worst. My believe is that Islam can bring the best out of a person. In Islam we believe in absolute accountability, if you are not judged for what you have done in this world, you will be judged in the next life.
"That Day, the people will depart separated [into categories] to be shown [the result of] their deeds. So whoever does an atom's weight of good will see it, And whoever does an atom's weight of evil will see it." (99:6-8)
http://quran.com/99
If people really take this to heart, people will really try to be the best they can. And there are guidance and lessons in the Quran to nurture a person to be the best they can.
"We have certainly created man in the best of stature" (95:4)
http://quran.com/95/4

But important question remains, is Islam the truth?
For anybody with Jewish or Christian background, MisGod’ed is a good book to start with.
Bold in its premise and masterful in its execution, MisGod’ed by author, physician, and ordained minister Laurence B. Brown teases common threads in the complex world of organized religion from the tangled mass of religious misdirection. An earnest search for truth, this text unveils both the corruptions and commonalities of Judaism, Christianity, and Islam to fill the current void of intellectual discourse on the subject. For those readers who are intrigued but skeptical of organized religion, especially strict, literal interpretation of the Bible, this book articulates many of the questions readers have about religion, and poses others of its own. It provides a comprehensive, historically based analysis of documents, traditions and institutions. The central theme is to examine Judaism, Christianity, and Islam for truth in revelation, and trace the chain of revelation to its logical conclusion. Solicitous and precise, this text captures the essence of what it means to be a person of God.
The book is available free for download.
http://leveltruth.com/?p=1214
And the second book in the series, God’ed studies the case for Islam as the completion of Revelation. Also available free for download.
http://leveltruth.com/?p=1219

As for atheists or agnostics, maybe this story can give you something to think about.
http://www.haqislam.org/imam-abu-hanifah-and-the-atheist/
If there is nothing that can convince you that there is god, it is rational to assume that there is afterlife. For if there is nothing after death you have nothing to lose or gain but if there is afterlife, what will be your fate on that time? And if Islam is the truth, the life after death will be for eternity.
I hope it would give you some motivation in the search for the truth.

May Allah guide you all.
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 02:06:10 AM

As always Muslims find every barbaric deed of Muhammad "justified". Ever wonder that we don't have the other side of the story, mainly because Muhammad killed them?
And how is camel urine and milk working for medicine? Good?...  Grin

Often, specially with Western born Muslims, we see some "Jesus-Muhammad" link at their heads. They say about a murderous warlord things like "he suffered a lot"... yeah right! That just sounds like a lawyer defending his client with "he had a difficult childhood".

About Al-Tabari, you will find the same or similar texts at Bukhari or Muslim.

For if there is nothing after death you have nothing to lose or gain but if there is afterlife, what will be your fate on that time?

Actually anything is better than your notions of "Paradise"...
Make Paradise HERE, don't get lured by the ultimate scam, the scam you will just find out you were scammed once you are dead and nothing can be done about it.

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 09:22:28 AM

If you are preaching hate on a religion you are also sowing hatred to the people that believe in it.
Show me in the bible where it states it is allowed to hate other religions. I had a conversation with a couple of Jehovah Witnesses about 3 weeks ago and it was one of the friendliest conversations for one and a half hour I have had with strangers. I did not feel any hatred from them and they even gave me a copy of a bible for free.

Hating a religion isn't necessarily preaching hate on the people of that religion. But it might be.

Consider the Revelation where Jesus says to the church in Ephesus, "But you have this in your favor: You hate the practices of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate."

Perhaps St. Paul never said, "I hate such and such religion." But he certainly showed it by vigorously trying to convert people from all other religions to Christianity. Barely did he preach against a particular religion. Probably never did he use the words, "I hate ...," but you can't get much stronger hate for religions at the same time there was love and hope for the people of those religions. His actions showed it.

Further, when the people of any religion that is not the truth, will not turn from the falsehood, they have become a part of it. So, it is not the people that are being hated. It is the religion in them that is being hated.

Consider war... Vietnam. Our guys finally hated "them" because they were killing our guys. Perhaps we were not justified in being there, but there was hate on both sides. The creed of the soldier is to do what it takes to win the goal. This is very much like the theme of every religious creed. The fact that their are friendships made between enemies at times, and the fact that there are peaceful negotiations being done at times, doesn't lessen the hate at other times.

Christianity has been at war with Islam for hundreds of years. Many Muslims have converted to Christianity. There is no hate for them. It is for the religion that there is hate. But if they persist ...

Smiley

EDIT: Jehovah's Witness is a Christian denomination, not a separate religion.

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
SecureExchange

Activity: 47

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 10:06:47 AM

1 word: ISIS

should I say more ?
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 12:44:15 AM
Last edit: October 10, 2014, 12:56:36 AM by Spendulus

should I say more ?
It will always return to this with Islam.  If not the 1984 Israeli murders in the Olympics, if not the 1993 attempt to bomb the World Trade Center, if not a copilot of a 747 yelling "Allah Akbar" as he drove that jet into the sea, if not the 2001 atrocities, if not the beheadings, if not a "Soldier of Allah" killing at Ft. Hood, Texas, if not yet another "Muslim convert" beheading a woman in Oklahoma, if not ISIS.....

Over and over and over.  This becomes the theme, the central narrative of Islam.  

I don't HATE Islam, but in the absence of strong and near unanimous FATWAs from the religious leaders against these barbarians in their midst, I cannot respect it one bit.   It is unworthy of respect.  Does not matter if some believe it is good, the best, the word of god, blah blah blah.

Certainly many consider that these minority violent fragments of Islam are quietly and passively tolerated by the greater societies of Islam, and are often funded under the table by many who would not openly admit it.  

Evidence points in that direction.  We know many in Saudi Arabian supported the 911 hijackers, we know Pakistanis celebrated with street parties at 911, we know that ISIS and many other violent groups are supported monetarily by other Muslims.

Putting an effort to study Quran and Sunnah by oneself can avoid a Muslim from following a bad mullah or imam or fall into deviant teachings.
The historical evidence does not show that the Muslim religion contains sufficient clarity to adequately safeguard against what you call "deviant teachings."  That is I think what others on this thread have been trying to explain to you.  The books themselves can and do support the "deviant teachings".

To adequately comprehend the problem, it is best that a Muslim discuss such a matter with reasonably knowledgeable non-Muslims, whether they be Christian or atheist or something else.  In many cases they will be far less biased than your own mullahs and such and will see things clearly.
Dende

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 10:25:37 PM

As always Muslims find every barbaric deed of Muhammad "justified". Ever wonder that we don't have the other side of the story, mainly because Muhammad killed them?
And how is camel urine and milk working for medicine? Good?...  Grin

Often, specially with Western born Muslims, we see some "Jesus-Muhammad" link at their heads. They say about a murderous warlord things like "he suffered a lot"... yeah right! That just sounds like a lawyer defending his client with "he had a difficult childhood".

For if there is nothing after death you have nothing to lose or gain but if there is afterlife, what will be your fate on that time?

Actually anything is better than your notions of "Paradise"...
Make Paradise HERE, don't get lured by the ultimate scam, the scam you will just find out you were scammed once you are dead and nothing can be done about it.
"Ever wonder that we don't have the other side of the story, mainly because Muhammad killed them?"
Wow! Such speculation! There is speculation subforum in Bitcointalk you know.
I am still waiting for the thousands hadeeths that you claim telling the prophet was a violent person.

Camel milk and urine do not sound medicinal today but 1430 years ago people dont have much to go by and Muslims believe anything that Allah or Muhammad (peace be upon him) has commanded to do is for our own good. We know the benefits of milk but camel urine, maybe site below can clarify
http://islamqa.info/en/83423

I do not understand what you mean by "Jesus-Muhammad" link. Jesus or Isa (peace be upon him) was one of the messenger of Allah and Muhammad (peace be upon him) was the final messenger of Allah.
And no need to involve lawyer here, just read his life story. Site below is a very concise seerah if you dont have time.
http://www.inter-islam.org/Seerah/iSeerah.html

Show me where the two narrations that you quoted before from Al-Tabari can be found in Sahih Bukhari or Muslim.

I did not mention paradise and certainly I am not trying to scam anybody. If what Quran is saying is the truth then the truth will reveal itself, I am just trying to give people motivation to read it, try to understand and be open minded. Forcing anybody to accept any religion is prohibited in Islam.
"There shall be no compulsion in [acceptance of] the religion. The right course has become clear from the wrong. So whoever disbelieves in Taghut and believes in Allah has grasped the most trustworthy handhold with no break in it. And Allah is Hearing and Knowing." (2:256)
http://quran.com/2/256
And how can the world that is contained within it corruption, destruction, injustice, and evil be paradise?

Hating a religion isn't necessarily preaching hate on the people of that religion. But it might be.

Consider the Revelation where Jesus says to the church in Ephesus, "But you have this in your favor: You hate the practices of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate."

Perhaps St. Paul never said, "I hate such and such religion." But he certainly showed it by vigorously trying to convert people from all other religions to Christianity. Barely did he preach against a particular religion. Probably never did he use the words, "I hate ...," but you can't get much stronger hate for religions at the same time there was love and hope for the people of those religions. His actions showed it.

Further, when the people of any religion that is not the truth, will not turn from the falsehood, they have become a part of it. So, it is not the people that are being hated. It is the religion in them that is being hated.

Consider war... Vietnam. Our guys finally hated "them" because they were killing our guys. Perhaps we were not justified in being there, but there was hate on both sides. The creed of the soldier is to do what it takes to win the goal. This is very much like the theme of every religious creed. The fact that their are friendships made between enemies at times, and the fact that there are peaceful negotiations being done at times, doesn't lessen the hate at other times.

Christianity has been at war with Islam for hundreds of years. Many Muslims have converted to Christianity. There is no hate for them. It is for the religion that there is hate. But if they persist ...

Smiley

EDIT: Jehovah's Witness is a Christian denomination, not a separate religion.
From what I can understand, I dont see the verse saying it is allowed to hate any religion. Firstly it says "practices" and not "every practice". Maybe it was just referring to bad practices. Secondly even if it was saying hate to their religion that does not mean one can hate other religion as well. I would assume there were many other religions at that time and that verse only referring to one group. Find me a verse that clearly says "hate other religion except for christianity" or similar.

Preaching with love and hate at the same time? I dont see how that is possible. And does this St. Paul refers to Paul the Apostle? If yes, I have one questions about him. He was born after the time of Jesus but why did he have so much authority on the bible? The bible is supposed to be the teachings of Jesus but 14 books out of 27 are attributed to Paul.

"Further, when the people of any religion that is not the truth, will not turn from the falsehood, they have become a part of it."
What is the point of preaching if people will not turn from falsehood?

"The creed of the soldier is to do what it takes to win the goal. This is very much like the theme of every religious creed."
Woah, that is not in Islam belief.

"But if they persist ..."
What will happen?

This may just be me, but your hate preaching is not bringing a good picture of christianity.

I made that distinction because I always see people putting Jehovah Witness under bad light but they were friendly to me. When people say bad things about one group it builds up negative preconception people have on that group, the same thing is happening to Islam today in the media. If any Muslim does bad thing, Islam comes up. You rarely see this happening with other religions or beliefs. Now we have some new voculabularies such as "islamist", "jihadist", and so on that are used when some Muslims do atrocities, even when people hearing the word "terrorist" they will think of an arab with beard and turban fledging ak-47. The media keeps on doing this to damage peoples view on Islam.

should I say more ?
1 verse from the Quran
"Because of that, We decreed upon the Children of Israel that whoever kills a soul unless for a soul or for corruption [done] in the land - it is as if he had slain mankind entirely. And whoever saves one - it is as if he had saved mankind entirely. And our messengers had certainly come to them with clear proofs. Then indeed many of them, [even] after that, throughout the land, were transgressors." (5:32)
http://quran.com/5/32
Killing of one innocent person irregardless of religion, belief, gender or race is forbidden in Islam and it is equivalent to killing the whole of mankind according to the verse above.
More verses from the Quran on this topic
http://english.islammessage.com/ArticleDetails.aspx?articleId=931
So dont hate Islam for atrocities of some Muslim groups as Islam clearly forbids anything that involves killing of innocent persons.

should I say more ?
It will always return to this with Islam.  If not the 1984 Israeli murders in the Olympics, if not the 1993 attempt to bomb the World Trade Center, if not a copilot of a 747 yelling "Allah Akbar" as he drove that jet into the sea, if not the 2001 atrocities, if not the beheadings, if not a "Soldier of Allah" killing at Ft. Hood, Texas, if not yet another "Muslim convert" beheading a woman in Oklahoma, if not ISIS.....

Over and over and over.  This becomes the theme, the central narrative of Islam.  

I don't HATE Islam, but in the absence of strong and near unanimous FATWAs from the religious leaders against these barbarians in their midst, I cannot respect it one bit.   It is unworthy of respect.  Does not matter if some believe it is good, the best, the word of god, blah blah blah.

Certainly many consider that these minority violent fragments of Islam are quietly and passively tolerated by the greater societies of Islam, and are often funded under the table by many who would not openly admit it.  

Evidence points in that direction.  We know many in Saudi Arabian supported the 911 hijackers, we know Pakistanis celebrated with street parties at 911, we know that ISIS and many other violent groups are supported monetarily by other Muslims.

The historical evidence does not show that the Muslim religion contains sufficient clarity to adequately safeguard against what you call "deviant teachings."  That is I think what others on this thread have been trying to explain to you.  The books themselves can and do support the "deviant teachings".

To adequately comprehend the problem, it is best that a Muslim discuss such a matter with reasonably knowledgeable non-Muslims, whether they be Christian or atheist or something else.  In many cases they will be far less biased than your own mullahs and such and will see things clearly.
Killings of innocent persons is not Islam as Quran verse above tells. Dont need any fatwa to tell that. Unfortunately some people take just some verses from the Quran without proper understanding of the context to justify their actions.

"This becomes the theme, the central narrative of Islam."
If you are following mainstream media you will likely only hear this because it sells, unfortunately. And second, put your tinfoil hat on. Mass media has agendas against Islam and large portion of them are being controlled by jews.
http://theunjustmedia.com/Media/Six%20Jewish%20Companies%20Control%2096%25%20of%20the%20World%E2%80%99s%20Media.htm
As an example, if you watched US mainstream news about Israel and Palestine, Israel is potrayed as victim and Palestinian as terrorist. Thankfully, internet has given people more access to alternative news source.

It is nice to hear that you do not hate Islam. There are fatwas against groups such as ISIS but they are not heard of because of the reason above. There is also a book, Fatwa on Terrorism which condemn act of terrorism and suicide bombing.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatwa_on_Terrorism

"Certainly many consider that these minority violent fragments of Islam are quietly and passively tolerated by the greater societies of Islam, and are often funded under the table by many who would not openly admit it."
I have never met any Muslim that tolerate these violent groups. "often funded under the table" I dont know about that, if you have reliable source please share.

"Evidence points in that direction.  We know many in Saudi Arabian supported the 911 hijackers, we know Pakistanis celebrated with street parties at 911, we know that ISIS and many other violent groups are supported monetarily by other Muslims."
I dont know any of that, please give some sources if you have.

Allah has sent the Quran as guidance for human beings but there are some people with corruption in their hearts that want to deviate from the guidance of Quran for their own gain, status, ego, agendas, desires, etc. One likely cannot understand fully the message of the Quran and a more knowledgeable person is needed to clarify it. It happens that the person that one can only refer to belongs to a deviant teaching. As such one must put effort in understanding the religion by oneself to avoid following it and also Muslims are commanded by Allah to ask Him for help and guidance everytime we make prayer.
"It is You we worship and You we ask for help. Guide us to the straight path -" (1:5-6)
http://quran.com/1

I agree with the last point, dialogue between Muslim and non-Muslim can broaden up perspective in search of solutions to the problems that we are seeing today and working together is better than by oneself. Moreover it can also relieve tensions and misunderstandings between different people of different religions.
BCEmporium
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 10:46:37 PM
Last edit: October 10, 2014, 11:27:17 PM by BCEmporium

So much effort into defending Islam...  Roll Eyes
Defend what has no defense is a hard task, isn't it, Mr. Imam?

And how can the world that is contained within it corruption, destruction, injustice, and evil be paradise?

So let's corrupt, destruct, add sectarian justice and spread more evil? Is that your goal?
Making a Paradise here relies on all of us, not in your imaginary friend.

Edit:

I also see you didn't understand what I said.
When I refer to the strange "Jesus-Mo" link, I'm referring to such a stupid statement as "Muhammad suffered", this is hijacking Jesus' legend, Muhammad suffered nothing, made others suffer.
And the lawyer part, is that you SOUND like a lawyer defending a psychopath with the usual "he had a difficult childhood" argument.

Then this:

We know the benefits of milk but camel urine, maybe site below can clarify

Let me clarify to you; urine is a known "treatment" to psoriasis and other skin problems in topic application: this means directly in the affected skin. It does absolutely nothing, but nausea and spikes of salt in the system, to drink it.
Camel milk has absolutely no effect on healing anything, is just a plain regular milk, the only thing it "heals" is hunger. Your claims are pure snake oil.

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 11:58:54 PM
Last edit: October 11, 2014, 12:34:05 AM by Spendulus

I agree with the last point, dialogue between Muslim and non-Muslim can broaden up perspective in search of solutions to the problems that we are seeing today and working together is better than by oneself. Moreover it can also relieve tensions and misunderstandings between different people of different religions.
And don't forget those who are of no religion, such as I, those whom do not qualify as "people of the book", those who are utter infidels, kafir, by the tenets of your creeds, and all of what that means, to the various sects and subdivisions of your religion.

There is very little misunderstanding on my part on these matters, but I do agree with you that there is in the world much misunderstanding, central to it is your animosity toward your traditional and historical enemies, those evil Jooooeees.  Much misunderstanding is fomented and much hate is kept alive by selectively using parts of old religious tracts, often about this or that piece of land being "holy".  That is of course total nonsense, there is no piece of land with attributes holier than another, because there is no such thing as "holy".

It is a hollow shell, with no meaning whatsoever.  Oh, and by the way, neither Christians nor Jews have any comparable evil to your splintered sects which follow Sayd Qutb.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 12:38:33 AM

.... urine is a known "treatment" to psoriasis and other skin problems in topic application: this means directly in the affected skin. It does absolutely nothing, but nausea and spikes of salt in the system, to drink it.
Camel milk has absolutely no effect on healing anything, is just a plain regular milk, the only thing it "heals" is hunger. Your claims are pure snake oil.
I think I prefer hunger.  But it would not be wise to critique ancient medical claims, since in the past, religious knowledge often encapsulated such things.  I guess they are maintained to this day as a cultural tradition, more than as a religious law.  We eat pork, they don't.  But the reasons are no longer the issues of disease transmission through pork which originally caused such rules to be included in religious creeds.  The reasons now are simply tradition.
BCEmporium
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 12:52:22 AM

Ancient medical claims made by Muhammad... it means he was medically ignorant, and actually overall ignorant like his peers, because Allah said nothing, Allah is equally ignorant, and if Allah is ignorant then everything Mo said is attached to his own limited knowledge and not to any divine inspiration.

To the end, the most funny thing about it, is to see Arabs following so blindly a white guy, and they gave relevance enough for we to know he was white up to write it down. They should be worshiping Europeans, Europeans are of Muhammad's race, they aren't.

|

|
BCEmporium
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 01:07:21 AM

Was just reading an interesting text about Islam. Deception on Islam, a sort of dictionary. After a terrorist attack you may listen Muslims saying things like "Islam doesn't support the killing of innocents" or "Islam doesn't support terrorism"... well... if you can interpret this as a Muslim they aren't lying, if you interpret this as a rational human being, they are casting big fat lies.

So how come they are lying but telling the truth?

A: They twist the meaning on secondary words.

When they say "Islam doesn't support the killing of innocents", they are talking about their own definition of innocents, not the one you usually give. For innocents they actually mean Muslims, as all non-Muslims are Kaffir and therefore not innocent. And even within Muslims they may mean their own sect of Islam, as they consider other Muslims heretic for some reason.

When they say "Islam doesn't support terrorism", goes around the same. They don't interpret "terrorism" as we do, for them it is "Jihad", "fighting in the ways of Allah".

|

|
Vortex20000

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

sucker got hacked and screwed --Toad

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2014, 03:26:51 AM

I am here to just say one thing? Why do YOU hate islam? and you should really give a valid reason not a shitty one that says 'Because media'
and Yes, I am a muslim for those who ask, just tell me, come out of your shell and say why you HATE it, and I could be here to clarify things to you.
Also here is something that most people mistake about islam is that "Islam hates other religions" for this I say, Islam does not hate ANY religion, but it suggests to 'invite' them to islam, as slowly, and peacefully, even if they refuse, you can try and try, until it's their choice, you stop. and for all the wars that happened, it's because the other religions decided to come into war on Islam.

If you need anything clarified, I am here to answer you, don't be scared, I won't be offended by anyone, also haters, you can reply, I won't care Wink
Who says I hate Islam? I'm Christian but I see no problem with people carefully considering every single ****ing (see, not perfect, I swear) religion.

Vortex20000

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

sucker got hacked and screwed --Toad

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2014, 03:27:21 AM

I am here to just say one thing? Why do YOU hate islam? and you should really give a valid reason not a shitty one that says 'Because media'
and Yes, I am a muslim for those who ask, just tell me, come out of your shell and say why you HATE it, and I could be here to clarify things to you.
Also here is something that most people mistake about islam is that "Islam hates other religions" for this I say, Islam does not hate ANY religion, but it suggests to 'invite' them to islam, as slowly, and peacefully, even if they refuse, you can try and try, until it's their choice, you stop. and for all the wars that happened, it's because the other religions decided to come into war on Islam.

If you need anything clarified, I am here to answer you, don't be scared, I won't be offended by anyone, also haters, you can reply, I won't care Wink
Who says I hate Islam? I'm Christian but I see no problem with people carefully considering every single ****ing (see, not perfect, I swear) religion.
In fact, where I live, Islamic followers are 10x as fervent as we Christians.

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 04:03:30 AM

Was just reading an interesting text about Islam. Deception on Islam, a sort of dictionary. After a terrorist attack you may listen Muslims saying things like "Islam doesn't support the killing of innocents" or "Islam doesn't support terrorism"... well... if you can interpret this as a Muslim they aren't lying, if you interpret this as a rational human being, they are casting big fat lies.

When they say "Islam doesn't support the killing of innocents", they are talking about their own definition of innocents, not the one you usually give. For innocents they actually mean Muslims, as all non-Muslims are Kaffir and therefore not innocent. And even within Muslims they may mean their own sect of Islam, as they consider other Muslims heretic for some reason.

When they say "Islam doesn't support terrorism", goes around the same. They don't interpret "terrorism" as we do, for them it is "Jihad", "fighting in the ways of Allah".

Yes, I had already noticed the syntactical anomalies and understood their use.  Grammar is key, and when used with carefully selected and defined words, creates lofty phrases with purpose, but no meaning, except obedience.

RE the medical claims made by Mo, clearly, those who are immersed in a culture and a life which requires reverence would somehow rationalize those claims, and those who were outside that mindset would see them quite clearly.  I don't attach any deep significance either way to that.  Certainly, the great truths and great lies of human existence are not such as these small wrong assertions.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 03:04:11 PM

If peace-ability is the benchmark for a religion then there is only one true religion and the Buddha is his prophet.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Dende

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 01:18:22 AM

So much effort into defending Islam...  Roll Eyes
Defend what has no defense is a hard task, isn't it, Mr. Imam?
Every Muslim has the responsibility of delivering the message of Islam to others. Some may accept, some may not, and some dont even want to consider it. Of course it is not going to be easy.

Since I joined this thread you have been making wild claims and I am putting them here just for my reference and other readers. List below is ordered chronologically.

1 ) Claiming I dont know the history of prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him)
You DON'T know the History and defend Mo just because you were told to.

2 ) Claiming so many quotes in Hadeeth and Quran telling prophet is a violent person
Where do you get your story that says the prophet is a violent person?

I would fill this thread with so many quotes that the database would crash!
Just read the Hadeeth and Quran...  Roll Eyes

3 ) Claiming Islam condone terrorism
Don't get fooled by "just terrorists", Islam DOES condone with such practices. And you can count by the fingers of a single hand how many Muslims are against those violent actions...
There are 2 billion Muslims on this earth, good luck with that. See last point for islamic view on terrorism.

4 ) Claiming there are thousands of hadeeths that say prophet is violent person
Need more? There are THOUSANDS! Muhammad was but a violent psychopath suffering from schizophrenia.
"Need more?" Well yes, I am still waiting.
I am still waiting for the thousands hadeeths that you claim telling the prophet was a violent person.

5 ) Claiming Quran was not written in arabic and claiming arabic was invented in 9th century
That's a very nice excuse, EXCEPT that what we call "Arabic" wasn't invented up to IX Century in current Yemen.
So the excuse that you should read a book, originally written in Assyrian, dictated by the VII Century in Arabic is a bold point.
Arabic has existed well before 7th century
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classical_Arabic
The Quran itself has a claim that it was sent in arabic.
"Indeed, We have sent it down as an Arabic Qur'an that you might understand" (12:2)
http://quran.com/12/2

6 ) Claiming narrations from Al-Tabari can be found in Sahih Bukhari or Muslim
While this may be true for authentic hadiths but the wording seems to say every narration in it can be found in Sahihs.
And so my response which I have not recieve answers to.
Show me where the two narrations that you quoted before from Al-Tabari can be found in Sahih Bukhari or Muslim.
Info on Al-Tabari:
http://thefactsaboutislam.blogspot.de/2010/08/islamophobes-think-before-you-quote.html
Well as it said in the url, think before you quote his work.

7 ) Claiming Muhammad (peace be upon him) suffered nothing and made others suffer. Also claiming "hijacking Jesus' legend".
When I refer to the strange "Jesus-Mo" link, I'm referring to such a stupid statement as "Muhammad suffered", this is hijacking Jesus' legend, Muhammad suffered nothing, made others suffer.
For anyone who is open minded and want to have more understanding of Islam and the prophet Muhammad (peace be upon) please read history of the prophet. And a very concise version of this you can find in link below.
http://www.inter-islam.org/Seerah/iSeerah.html
And see what non-Muslims that have actually studied the history of prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) have written
https://www.alislam.org/library/links/eyes.html

8 ) Claiming Muhammad (peace be upon him) to be ancestor of europeans
To the end, the most funny thing about it, is to see Arabs following so blindly a white guy, and they gave relevance enough for we to know he was white up to write it down. They should be worshiping Europeans, Europeans are of Muhammad's race, they aren't.

9 ) Claiming Muslims are lying. Well this is just convenient, anything Muslims say you can easily refute them by calling them a liar.

Being a liar is one way to get to hell according to Hadith below
"'Abdullah reported Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) as saying: Truth leads one to Paradise and virtue leads one to Paradise and the person tells the truth until he is recorded as truthful, and lie leads to obscenity and obscenity leads to Hell, and the person tells a lie until he is recorded as a liar." (Sahih Muslim)
http://sunnah.com/muslim/45/134
And below was my post of Islams' stance on killing of innocents.
1 verse from the Quran
"Because of that, We decreed upon the Children of Israel that whoever kills a soul unless for a soul or for corruption [done] in the land - it is as if he had slain mankind entirely. And whoever saves one - it is as if he had saved mankind entirely. And our messengers had certainly come to them with clear proofs. Then indeed many of them, [even] after that, throughout the land, were transgressors." (5:32)
http://quran.com/5/32
Killing of one innocent person irregardless of religion, belief, gender or race is forbidden in Islam and it is equivalent to killing the whole of mankind according to the verse above.
More verses from the Quran on this topic
http://english.islammessage.com/ArticleDetails.aspx?articleId=931
So dont hate Islam for atrocities of some Muslim groups as Islam clearly forbids anything that involves killing of innocent persons.
I put bold for emphasis. There are also other passages in the Quran and Hadeeths that condemn acts of terrorism. Please refer Fatwa on Terrorism for more.
Fatwa on Terrorism and Suicide Bombings is a 600-page (Urdu version), 512-page (English version) Islamic decree by scholar Muhammad Tahir-ul-Qadri which demonstrates from the Quran and Sunnah that terrorism and suicide bombings are unjust and evil, and thus un-Islamic
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatwa_on_Terrorism
Download link
http://www.spittoon.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/FATWA-on-Terrorism-and-Suicide-Bombings.pdf
And literal meaning of jihad is 'struggle'.
Dende

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 01:18:57 AM

So let's corrupt, destruct, add sectarian justice and spread more evil? Is that your goal?
Making a Paradise here relies on all of us, not in your imaginary friend.

Edit:

I also see you didn't understand what I said.
And the lawyer part, is that you SOUND like a lawyer defending a psychopath with the usual "he had a difficult childhood" argument.

Then this:

We know the benefits of milk but camel urine, maybe site below can clarify

Let me clarify to you; urine is a known "treatment" to psoriasis and other skin problems in topic application: this means directly in the affected skin. It does absolutely nothing, but nausea and spikes of salt in the system, to drink it.

About paradise it seems we have different understanding about it. In Islam, paradise does not contain any of the four things mentioned. There is where one will have absolute peace and contentment, no backbiting and no jealousy. There are many descriptions of paradise that can be found in Quran and Hadith, this is one of them.
"Gardens of perpetual residence, which they will enter, beneath which rivers flow. They will have therein whatever they wish. Thus does Allah reward the righteous -" (16:31)
http://quran.com/16/31
But of course it is not for free, this world is a test and only who passes it is worthy of paradise.
"Or do you think that you will enter Paradise while such [trial] has not yet come to you as came to those who passed on before you? They were touched by poverty and hardship and were shaken until [even their] messenger and those who believed with him said,"When is the help of Allah ?" Unquestionably, the help of Allah is near." (2:214)
http://quran.com/2/214
Doing corruption, destruction, injustice and evil are against teachings of Islam and who does any of them will only help one reach hell instead of paradise.

As for the last point I stand with my explanation, you dont have to agree if you dont want to.
Camel milk and urine do not sound medicinal today but 1430 years ago people dont have much to go by and Muslims believe anything that Allah or Muhammad (peace be upon him) has commanded to do is for our own good. We know the benefits of milk but camel urine, maybe site below can clarify
http://islamqa.info/en/83423

And don't forget those who are of no religion, such as I, those whom do not qualify as "people of the book", those who are utter infidels, kafir, by the tenets of your creeds, and all of what that means, to the various sects and subdivisions of your religion.

There is very little misunderstanding on my part on these matters, but I do agree with you that there is in the world much misunderstanding, central to it is your animosity toward your traditional and historical enemies, those evil Jooooeees.  Much misunderstanding is fomented and much hate is kept alive by selectively using parts of old religious tracts, often about this or that piece of land being "holy".  That is of course total nonsense, there is no piece of land with attributes holier than another, because there is no such thing as "holy".

It is a hollow shell, with no meaning whatsoever.  Oh, and by the way, neither Christians nor Jews have any comparable evil to your splintered sects which follow Sayd Qutb.
Of course, including atheists as well. And the meaning of the term kafir below
The Qur'an uses the word kufr to denote people who cover up or hide realities. The Qur'an uses this word to identify those who denied Allah's favors by not accepting His Dominion and Authority. Kufr thus is an antonym for iman or disbelief in Allah and a kafir is a non-believer.
Source and more info
http://sunnahonline.com/library/beliefs-and-methodology/87-types-of-kufr-disbelief
Kafir is not a word one can easily be thrown around, it is like saying a person is not going to paradise. Whether a person deserves heaven or hell, that is not for humans to decide. And saying kafir to another Muslim is not to be taken lightly as shown in Hadith below.
"Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said, "If a man says to his brother, O Kafir (disbeliever)!' Then surely one of them is such (i.e., a Kafir). " (Sahih Bukhari)
http://sunnah.com/bukhari/78/130

"central to it is your animosity toward your traditional and historical enemies"
What I wrote does not entail any animosity to the Jews at all. I just mentioned that so people would try to look into news source outside of the mass media.

"Oh, and by the way, neither Christians nor Jews have any comparable evil to your splintered sects which follow Sayd Qutb."
If you want to point to Al-Qaeda, what they did to US during 9/11 attack that caused almost 3000 death of innocents was wrong and is condemned. I dont know what measurement that you use for "evilness", if the number of death of innocents in a single event to be the measurement then what US did to either Hiroshima or Nagasaki was far more evil. 90,000–166,000 and 39,000–80,000 estimated deaths caused by the nuclear bombs in Hiroshima and Nagasaki respectively.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atomic_bombings_of_Hiroshima_and_Nagasaki
And now which religion had influenced on this atrocity? certainly not Islam. I dont think Christianity or Judaism has anything to do with this either.

=============================================================

If peace-ability is the benchmark for a religion then there is only one true religion and the Buddha is his prophet.
I would argue if there is a god which created this whole universe and maintain it, it is natural to think god has much higher authority than us to decide what religion anybody should have. I would argue more that god has the upmost authority to decide over anything.
The issue is that there are a lot of different religions out there that claim what they believe in is the true religion that came from god.
If there is a god and if there is a true religion out of the many, what do you think the criteria that should be taken in picking out the right religion?

And if you have time please watch this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5eXu2yZZuk
The two speakers go through intellectual thought process to arrive at the existence of god and discuss about the purpose of life.
I thought about this video while writing response to you, they provide in the video much better arguments, have much broader perspective compared to me and will give much better explanation than I ever could.
BCEmporium
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 01:31:26 AM

There's absolutely no evidence that thing you call "Allah" is a God or the creator of anything. So he has no will, doesn't choose anything and, most likely, doesn't exist at all.
So all your violence for what you call "trial", is nothing but ruthless and senseless violence.

I referred nothing of the paradise, those 4 things were your statement. My point is easy: Make it HERE on Earth. Screw the void promises of afterlife and imaginary friends, the only ones concerning about your "afterlife" are the worms that will eat your body.

Doing corruption, destruction, injustice and evil are against teachings of Islam and who does any of them will only help one reach hell instead of paradise.

No they aren't. Those words have a wide meaning, you would need to treat EVERYBODY, and consider EVERYBODY, Muslim or not, as equal for them to have validity. Islam preaches for the corruption and destruction of others, so all it does is sectarian justice (which is injustice btw), spreading evil and violence.

|

|
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 02:11:08 AM

There's absolutely no evidence that thing you call "Allah" is a God or the creator of anything. So he has no will, doesn't choose anything and, most likely, doesn't exist at all.
So all your violence for what you call "trial", is nothing but ruthless and senseless violence.

I referred nothing of the paradise, those 4 things were your statement. My point is easy: Make it HERE on Earth. Screw the void promises of afterlife and imaginary friends, the only ones concerning about your "afterlife" are the worms that will eat your body.

No they aren't. Those words have a wide meaning, you would need to treat EVERYBODY, and consider EVERYBODY, Muslim or not, as equal for them to have validity. Islam preaches for the corruption and destruction of others, so all it does is sectarian justice (which is injustice btw), spreading evil and violence.

I quoted this because I don't have the desire to go point by point as the guy you're answering did, and I agree with you for the most part.

I want to address a couple of things in this, to both posts and the subject in general.

One, I agree. Try to build "paradise" on earth, or abandon the concept. I have no belief in an afterlife, or any gods. I was once a Christian, and I greatly regret that, as to be Christian (or Muslim, or most any religion) is to be a hypocrite, whether you realize it at that time or later. I don't like hypocrisy, and thus hated myself to a great degree before I woke up and realized that most of the religion was hokum. The few parts that are valid have to do with how you relate to your neighbors, regardless of their beliefs, and are the underpinnings of all civil society. Those things are common to all extant religions and most historical ones, including laVeyan Satanism. It's the stuff added on top that differentiates them, and that stuff is either absurd, which doesn't affect me, or a breeding ground for dangerous lunatics.

I can, based upon my knowledge of the bible, justify ANY action I choose with scripture. It is my experience that Muslims can do the same, if they have sufficient knowledge of the Q'uran. This is often referred to as "cherry picking" by those who deride it, and those same individuals will claim that you must look at the book as a whole. Thus the hypocrisy, because in the case of the bible for certain, and the Q'uran as far as I have determined, looking at it as a whole is an exercise in contradiction. For instance, the bible clearly states in absolute terms that there is and is not an after life. The concept of humans going to heaven is a late addition, the existence of heaven is not. But in the early writings, heaven was the abode of Yahweh and his more powerful servants. (not just angels, the scriptures and jewish tradition list a whole plethora of beings under Yahweh).

This is just one example. And in itself, for the non believer, it is trivial. If you don't believe in an afterlife, the threat of hell (the christian's favorite weapon) or the promise of heaven (Christianity's greatest carrot) are frankly meaningless. Thus when the Christian tells me I'm going to hell, I will laugh in his face because he has not convinced me that such a place exists. Falling back on his contradictory and often violent fairy tale is not helpful. On science, it occasionally gets it right and often is so far off base as to be ludicrous.

For me, what it comes down to is this: We're on our own. If there is a god, I'm simply not arrogant enough to believe that such a being would greatly care about a little rock orbiting around a minor star on the southeastern fringe of a minor galaxy far from the center of the universe. And I'm pretty arrogant! Further, in the event that I'm not arrogant enough, then said god would make it OBVIOUS that it wishes to be worshipped. If it can create the universe, it can create unambiguous proof of it's existence and rules, rather than setting up a universe that to all RATIONAL appearance looks to have evolved from a massive explosion into a new reality some few billion years ago.

Religion tends to divide brother against brother. Theistic religions, such as Christianity, Judaism, Islam and their ilk, are more egregious than secular relgions such as communism, fascism, social democracy and their ilk in the long run because the claim is not subject to disproof. Now, it can be argued that the secular religions have made a bigger body count, and I can't deny that. I can't prove it either, but prior to the 20th century, Christianity held the record. Now, it seems radical Islam wants to catch up, and all the arguments of Muslims who believe otherwise do not hold against the reality that the people waging a shadow war against civilization claim to be either Muslim or Christian. In both cases, they're completely wrong, but justified in their hearts because they can use their scriptures to justify their actions and feel they are doing right.

As an atheist and anarchist, I cannot stoop to such moral lows. I have no "god" to justify my actions, I only have the understanding of the consequences and the desire to build better humans via education and peaceable revolution. My actions or inactions will be judged by thinking people solely on their merits, not whether they conform to some mythical being's words.

I'm often asked if I would kill for my beliefs, and derided when I answer in the negative. Yet I am true to my belief! It is simply WRONG to kill over a difference of opinion. I am not a pacifist nor would I roll over and die were I and mine invaded. I would fight, and I would kill. But it's not to defend my BELIEF, it's to defend my PERSON and that of my neighbors. Frankly, this is one of the things that disgusts me about religion, and thankfully the vast majority of the religious are decent people despite their beliefs, but if you have to KILL because a man holds a different opinion than you, that is in and of itself an admission that your belief is false! If it will not withstand scrutiny, then it is not worthy of existence.

You want peace? Learn self reliance. You want an end to poverty and inequity? Learn to cooperate. You want an end to tyranny? Don't promote one form of it over another. A peaceable man is a warrior, but not a soldier. He follows his heart, but leads with his brain. If a thing seems false to him, he investigates. If he proves to be wrong, he changes direction based upon FACTS and RESULTS, not BELIEF.

I long ago washed my hands of religious bullshit, and it was the single best decision I ever made. To the OP, Muslims, Christians, whatever, I invite you to look in the mirror and take a LONG talk with yourself. (you might call it praying, for all I care. It's the same thing.) Ask yourself WHY you believe what you do. If, as was the case for me and is the case for the vast majority of the religious, the answer is "this is the religion of my Fathers", then you have to ask yourself if that's good enough. If it is, your world is small, but that's ok. It's your life. But if it's not, there's a whole universe out there just crying out for us to learn it's secrets. Which you can never do if you already "have all the answers".
awesome31312

Activity: 826
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 03:24:06 AM

Just ask the people they've beheaded recently.

Hard to ask headless people anything, unless you're interviewing a Fox host

If you can find these headless people, I don't see what would be so hard about asking them anything. I wouldn't expect much of an answer, though. 

Smiley

How would they talk if they're headless

Account recovered 08-12-2019
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 128 »
  Print  

Jump to: