Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:44:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Continue Anniversary Giveaway in spite of delays?
yes - 33 (76.7%)
no - 10 (23.3%)
Total Voters: 43

Pages: « 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 [124] 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 ... 203 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANN: [OPAL] | POS | Secure Messaging |NO ICO  (Read 383377 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (1 post by 1+ user deleted.)
bassguitarman

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 04:42:12 AM

Bold stance, to be applauded.  Wonder if this was a unanimous decision of the team?

After what occurred at Mintpal with Moolah past performance is absolutely no indication of future direction when a change in leadership occurs.

Unanimous decision of our team that isn't on Holliday Smiley
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
siampumpkin

Activity: 420
Merit: 260

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 05:18:55 AM

Hopefully more coins follow suit. Congrats to Opal, LTC and Doge for requesting delisting from Coin-Swap/GAW

Buy a Trezor and Protect all your Crypto Currencies from hackers.
If I was helpful please tip me BTC: 3Bt4E78XjcEhCLEQUB6R1ujiQG58DXaazg  ETH: 0xc6541E163A7C513580f4C1897297452c71b44909
coinfello
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

FLAT OUT!!!

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 11:11:58 AM

This morning it came to our attention that Coin-Swap.net had been purchased by GAWMiners, which disturbed me a bit to say the very least.  Coin-Swap’s past owner, Ian, was and is still a great friend of the Opal Team, and we congratulate him that he was able to profit from his exchange, as he deserves it.  However, over the past few days it has come to our attention that Paycoin may not be everything it was claimed to be.  There are multiple reasons people have called Paycoin a scam, and while it is unclear at this point, there are too many red flags for the Opal Team to trust GAW with our communities Opal, no matter how large or small.  These red flags include:

- A promise to the community to purchase Paycoin’s at $20/coin (https://i.imgur.com/OVQdmym.png), which is four times the current price of Paycoin.  GAW has tried to hide this promise (https://archive.today/W3OTH), and has shown they cannot be trusted.

- In an audit by Opal’s lead dev, Whit Jack, he discovered that special addresses stake at a rate up to 350%, which was never publicly disclosed, again proving they are not trustworthy.  This has been verified by other users.

These reasons, plus a few more have caused us to request Coin-Swap delist Opal, as both a protection for our community, and as a stand against GAW and other companies that prey on cryptocurrency users.

~The Opal Team

superb  Grin
opal all the way!!
i knew not to buy paycoin, for the simple reason it was was over inflated in price compared to the total supply lol
q327K091
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 02:26:53 PM

This morning it came to our attention that Coin-Swap.net had been purchased by GAWMiners, which disturbed me a bit to say the very least.  Coin-Swap’s past owner, Ian, was and is still a great friend of the Opal Team, and we congratulate him that he was able to profit from his exchange, as he deserves it.  However, over the past few days it has come to our attention that Paycoin may not be everything it was claimed to be.  There are multiple reasons people have called Paycoin a scam, and while it is unclear at this point, there are too many red flags for the Opal Team to trust GAW with our communities Opal, no matter how large or small.  These red flags include:

- A promise to the community to purchase Paycoin’s at $20/coin (https://i.imgur.com/OVQdmym.png), which is four times the current price of Paycoin.  GAW has tried to hide this promise (https://archive.today/W3OTH), and has shown they cannot be trusted.

- In an audit by Opal’s lead dev, Whit Jack, he discovered that special addresses stake at a rate up to 350%, which was never publicly disclosed, again proving they are not trustworthy.  This has been verified by other users.

These reasons, plus a few more have caused us to request Coin-Swap delist Opal, as both a protection for our community, and as a stand against GAW and other companies that prey on cryptocurrency users.

~The Opal Team

superb  Grin
opal all the way!!
i knew not to buy paycoin, for the simple reason it was was over inflated in price compared to the total supply lol

integrity will get you very far
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2015, 04:00:10 PM

~The Opal Team

Add this:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=912442

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
0bert

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 08:40:15 PM

Hey all, i have a little problem with my wallet and some missing/lost opals/transactions.
I did my last back up yesterday in the evening before i went to bed, same as usual. Wink

This morning i looked at my wallet and found it with an error. So i closed the wallet an opened it, but it crashed again, don't know why... anyhow i decided to create a new wallet with my last backup.
Blockchain is now complete and i have almost all coins back, but i miss a few stakes and most important my last withdraw from Bittrex which was about 680 Opal.
These missing stakes and my withdraw are my last transactions, from 02.01.2015 and they are marked as collides/conflict ?

My wallet backup is newer, but i am not able to get my last missing coins back.
If someone could help and explain, thanks a lot! Maybe i can get my last coins back...

Greets 0bert
bassguitarman

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 08:45:22 PM

Hey all, i have a little problem with my wallet and some missing/lost opals/transactions.
I did my last back up yesterday in the evening before i went to bed, same as usual. Wink

This morning i looked at my wallet and found it with an error. So i closed the wallet an opened it, but it crashed again, don't know why... anyhow i decided to create a new wallet with my last backup.
Blockchain is now complete and i have almost all coins back, but i miss a few stakes and most important my last withdraw from Bittrex which was about 680 Opal.
These missing stakes and my withdraw are my last transactions, from 02.01.2015 and they are marked as collides/conflict ?

If someone could help and explain, thanks a lot! Maybe i can get my last coins back...

Greets 0bert

Go to console and type repairwallet.  If you need help, pm me
0bert

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 08:48:04 PM
Last edit: January 04, 2015, 03:11:52 AM by 0bert

Greets 0bert

Go to console and type repairwallet.  If you need help, pm me
Did it:

"wallet check passed" : true

Nothing changed.

Update:
I have all my Opals back, all confirmed!  Smiley

First i did a(nother) fresh reload of blockchain just with my last wallet.dat backup and opalcoin.conf. Received all my coins, except of some stakes and my last withdraw from trex.
Deleted everything again, except wallet.dat and config, reload again and wow: all coins confirmed!  Wink Cheesy
Don't know what i did wrong before, but know it's all good!
Also thanks to bassguitar!  Smiley

Greets 0bert
mafort1469

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 03:38:51 AM

Greets 0bert

Did it:

Nothing changed.

Update:

First i did a(nother) fresh reload of blockchain just with my last wallet.dat backup and opalcoin.conf. Received all my coins, except of some stakes and my last withdraw from trex.
Deleted everything again, except wallet.dat and config, reload again and wow: all coins confirmed!  Wink Cheesy

Greets 0bert

Dude you will not find a better team of devs than OPAL. They are by far the best devs out there and actually CARE about what happens to us. Round of applause for OPAL!!! Thank you OPAL TEAM!
0bert

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 03:54:59 AM

Greets 0bert

Did it:

Nothing changed.

Update:

Greets 0bert

Dude you will not find a better team of devs than OPAL. They are by far the best devs out there and actually CARE about what happens to us. Round of applause for OPAL!!! Thank you OPAL TEAM!

Dude i feel you!  Grin
Opal team is great, technical as social!  Smiley
bassguitarman

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 05:54:14 AM

The ONLY Opal Multipool
Has been updated with auto switching profit switching ports. This means you can rest easy knowing your hash power is mining the most profitable coin on the pool at any given time.
We have also recently added TITAN supported ports so you can use your large scrypt miners as well. Cheesy
If you havent visited us yet we would love for you to come by.
http://multi.altnuts.com

Thanks for this!  Thanks for supporting opal
CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 07:43:11 AM

The ONLY Opal Multipool
Has been updated with auto switching profit switching ports. This means you can rest easy knowing your hash power is mining the most profitable coin on the pool at any given time.
We have also recently added TITAN supported ports so you can use your large scrypt miners as well. Cheesy
If you havent visited us yet we would love for you to come by.
http://multi.altnuts.com

Very simple setup! I already found 2 CANN blocks in the first 10 minutes mining for fun. I like how you use the Signed Message, but I don't need to use it since I am just trading to OPAL. Gonna take a while to gain into OPAL though I am at 3 CANN I usually make less in other pools though since they are stacked at 2GH.

I will mine for a while and see how it goes... Thanks!
aragoon

Activity: 295

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 09:39:41 AM
Last edit: January 04, 2015, 10:02:55 AM by aragoon

I just launched my Opal wallet and Malwarebytes gave this warning.  Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

Malicious website blocked.
IP   89.248.160.238
port 50990
Inbound
Opalcoin.qt

Anyone seen like this?
This not the compromised wallet. This was a wallet from Opal web page.

COME ON GUYS. THIS COULD BE BAD NEWS FOR PEOPLE HERE>
CHECK YOUR WALLETS  Huh Huh Huh

Gets worse. I sent 10000 Opal to Poloniex and got 11 confirmations but they never arrived at Polo. There seems to be some hijack going on.

Anyone out there today?
altcoin.center

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 10:00:21 AM

I just launched my Opal wallet and Malwarebytes gave this warning.  Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

IP   89.248.160.238
port 50990
Inbound
Opalcoin.qt

Anyone seen like this?

CHECK YOUR WALLETS  Huh Huh Huh

This seems very much like a false alarm.

Malwarebytes appears to be reacting to the incoming connection as it was an attack while it is actually just a normal incoming wallet P2P connection.

- Jyri
--
Altcoin.Center

Altcoin.Center - Hard Core Crypto Professionals: https://altcoin.center/
Ridiculously Secure - The Ultimate Crypto Wallet Vault: https://altcoin.center/ridiculous/
Crypto Shop: Only the highest quality - only with cryptos! https://cryptoshop.altcoin.center/
aragoon

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 10:12:23 AM

Malwarebytes is repeatedly warning. It may be as you say but meantime the 10000 Opal I was sending to Polo seem to have gone astray. Maybe nothing but coincidence but just giving a heads up in case.
altcoin.center

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 10:20:55 AM

Malwarebytes is repeatedly warning. It may be as you say but meantime the 10000 Opal I was sending to Polo seem to have gone astray. Maybe nothing but coincidence but just giving a heads up in case.

It would be wonderful if you could report this to Malwarebytes so they could add the necessary rules to their database to stop the software from raising false alarms. =)

50990 is the standard P2P port of Opalcoin so it is perfectly normal that incoming connections are being made to that port.

The infamous coin stealing trojaned wallet did it's trick "internally" - from within the wallet.

I'm 99,9% convinced the coins you sent are on the way just as they should, and will appear at Polo any moment. =)

- Jyri
--
Altcoin.Center

P.S. Thanks for the heads-up anyways! It's always good to keep one's eyes open. =)

Altcoin.Center - Hard Core Crypto Professionals: https://altcoin.center/
Ridiculously Secure - The Ultimate Crypto Wallet Vault: https://altcoin.center/ridiculous/
Crypto Shop: Only the highest quality - only with cryptos! https://cryptoshop.altcoin.center/
Jeffersondk

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 10:23:57 AM

IP   89.248.160.238
port 50990
Inbound
Opalcoin.qt

Anyone seen like this?

CHECK YOUR WALLETS  Huh Huh Huh

Gets worse. I sent 10000 Opal to Poloniex and got 11 confirmations but they never arrived at Polo. There seems to be some hijack going on.

Anyone out there today?

I used to get those messages aswell. With the wallet i downloaded in like november, it's just that malwarebytes lets you know theres in inbound connection. I never ever had any problems and I'm almost sure that has nothing to do with the coins you send to polo.

aragoon

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 10:28:08 AM
Last edit: January 04, 2015, 12:55:58 PM by aragoon

Thanks. I will be sure to contact Malwarebytes whom I trust. I lost so much the last time I simply wanted to give people a chance to be safe not sorry. I'll be sure also to post when the Opal turn up just to confirm. It's hard to keep up with what clever thieves can do. I hope a degree of paranoia can be excused.  Cheesy

Follow up. The Opal have finally turned up. Relieved  Grin
Moving on to next crisis....... Grin
Poly#Crypto

Activity: 910
Merit: 508

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 01:01:25 PM

Hopefully more coins follow suit. Congrats to Opal, LTC and Doge for requesting delisting from Coin-Swap/GAW

GAIA will do the same.

We have asked Coinswap to de-list GAIA as a show of support for the community at large.
This is by no means directed at Ian, Jared, and Jeremy, as we hold a lot of respect for them.
This is a message to GAW, that we will not stand by and watch people lose their life savings on
false promises without us making our voice heard. How this drama unfolds remains to be seen,
please always be vigilant when making investments and do proper research. We hope GAW does
something to stop the bleeding, but I am afraid the damage is already done.

Congratulations to the OPAL team and all other honest Devs.
0bert

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 01:21:49 PM

Oh no, don't know why but my Opal wallet crashed again over night... it's the same like yesterday. (All my other wallets didn't crashed, why my Opal...  Undecided)

I just restarted it now and the blockchain sync stucks at block 1915... i will wait some minutes too see what happens.
It is weird...
Pages: « 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 [124] 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 ... 203 »
  Print  

Jump to: