April 20, 2024, 04:29:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: No Current Poll
NA - 0 (0%)
NA - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... 109 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FoldingCoin - MINE FOR MEDICINE- PHASE 2.0  (Read 473620 times)
SalimNagamato
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 02:50:10 AM

want to go back to folding, didn't fold more a week
mining other altcoins feels empty and useless
my mining partner finally helped bringing a new PSU, so one of my AMD GPU computers is already back to Folding.

other problem:

Win7, GTX980. after power outage F@H can't find the GPU slot
trying to add a GPU slot (with FAHControl) fails with error that it can't find a GPU
other mining software (ccminer) are working but F@H still can't find GPU.

tried to reinstall NVidia driver, installed newer driver, reinstalled F@H. same result as above...
tried with an older driver version, same results.

any advises ?

what is the best Linux distro/version for F@H (to meet F@H dependencies, might not work with newest ubuntu version?)
also what is the best temperatures monitoring and fan control software for Nvidia for Linux ?

not hashing, folding and curing (check FLDC merged-folding! reuse good GPUs)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 10:00:09 AM

Okay, I understand your decision but in my opinion it would be easier first to integrate into existing platforms  Undecided

Foldingcoin is almost one year old. I am wondering if we could get a cooperations with BOINC or WorldCommunityGrid in any way?
Have you tried to contact those projects?

We have had discussions about this and it is not off the table, but right now we want to get FAH working perfectly before integrating other services
SalimNagamato
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 02:33:55 PM

trying to add a GPU slot (with FAHControl) fails with error that it can't find a GPU

tried to reinstall NVidia driver, installed newer driver, reinstalled F@H. same result as above...

any advises ?

this problem solved following http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/434854-foldinghome-no-gpu-found-gtx-970/?p=5850266
by editing GPUs.txt
strange why this happens, GPUs.txt was empty

back to folding  Cool
ati r9 980x, and nvidia gtx 980. ppd to moon

xandry
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3961

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2015, 04:42:22 PM

right now we want to get FAH working perfectly before integrating other services
Whether there are at you any plans on the mobile client for android to work with foldingcoin project? Now it can be connect only with Google ID (to collect stats on Google Play Games service).
I mean this application -> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sonymobile.androidapp.gridcomputing

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Mah-Jongg

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 07:57:07 PM

---We would love to do this and that is what Jonas current focus is. After the marketplace is at a good spot i will be helping in the adovcation as well. I have some ideas floating around but any sort of strategies onto how we get more adoption would be helpful Cheesy

Hi, I'm going to reply to the rest soon, lost what I had already written...

I just have to quickly write about this idea as it comes.

I got introduced to Bitcoin originally by Max Keiser whose financial reportage show on RT can be seen on YouTube.
I've been really digging it every now and then as it's really the only financial news show that calls bankers sheisters, lmao!  Cheesy

He has been interviewing some promising crypto projects every now and then including Ethereum and MAIDSAFE guys.
Max is super pro cryptos and sees them as a big promise for future.
Probably needs no introduction even.

I'm quite damn sure that he would be interested in FoldingCoin if you got a hold of him.
FoldingCoin (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 08:06:01 PM

Okay, I understand your decision but in my opinion it would be easier first to integrate into existing platforms  Undecided

Foldingcoin is almost one year old. I am wondering if we could get a cooperations with BOINC or WorldCommunityGrid in any way?
Have you tried to contact those projects?

We have had discussions about this and it is not off the table, but right now we want to get FAH working perfectly before integrating other services

One of the big issues with not integrating now is the fact that BOINC can be a little intimidating to those that are not tech savvy, even though FAH can be as well it is far better at "plug and play" when comparing it to BOINC. Another issue was we looked into many of the BOINC projects and though many are developed regularly, we see the team at FAH as being developed a lot heavier and producing more results then the other projects. The final reason is if we incorporate BOINC, we will be incorporating all of the projects on them and this could lead to malicous coders to create bad projects that will actually use the power for wrongful reasons, so we need to develope a way to black list them.

Before we integrate BOINC and other grid computing projects, we will need to have our Windows All in One installation package ready to go Cheesy

want to go back to folding, didn't fold more a week
mining other altcoins feels empty and useless
my mining partner finally helped bringing a new PSU, so one of my AMD GPU computers is already back to Folding.

other problem:

any advises ?

what is the best Linux distro/version for F@H (to meet F@H dependencies, might not work with newest ubuntu version?)
also what is the best temperatures monitoring and fan control software for Nvidia for Linux ?

Have you tried watching this video? I use Ubuntu when folding on linux as it seems to be the easiest, but i have heard Mint is just as good https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRsemKHzT-Y

any advises ?

this problem solved following http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/434854-foldinghome-no-gpu-found-gtx-970/?p=5850266
by editing GPUs.txt
strange why this happens, GPUs.txt was empty

back to folding  Cool
ati r9 980x, and nvidia gtx 980. ppd to moon

nice Cheesy Glad you solved it

right now we want to get FAH working perfectly before integrating other services
Whether there are at you any plans on the mobile client for android to work with foldingcoin project? Now it can be connect only with Google ID (to collect stats on Google Play Games service).
I mean this application -> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sonymobile.androidapp.gridcomputing

At this time no, that will depend on if FAH allows one to have a username on the mobile, but the problem with that is all the mobiles work together. So lets say you start a fold on your phone, once you close the app or unplug the phone, the work that you started simply jumps to the next phone accepting work. So there is not a real good way to track who completed what yet, so this will depend on stanford, but if they allow usernames that is all we really need them to do in order to reward you for folding on a phone.

---We would love to do this and that is what Jonas current focus is. After the marketplace is at a good spot i will be helping in the adovcation as well. I have some ideas floating around but any sort of strategies onto how we get more adoption would be helpful Cheesy

Hi, I'm going to reply to the rest soon, lost what I had already written...

I just have to quickly write about this idea as it comes.

I got introduced to Bitcoin originally by Max Keiser whose financial reportage show on RT can be seen on YouTube.
I've been really digging it every now and then as it's really the only financial news show that calls bankers sheisters, lmao!  Cheesy

He has been interviewing some promising crypto projects every now and then including Ethereum and MAIDSAFE guys.
Max is super pro cryptos and sees them as a big promise for future.
Probably needs no introduction even.

I'm quite damn sure that he would be interested in FoldingCoin if you got a hold of him.

That is actually not a bad idea, i will tweet out to him to see if he would be interested in featuring us on his show, thanks for the idea Cheesy

Robert Ross - FoldingCoin Inc Administrator, Board Member -
FLDC Twitter: @foldingcoin - Skype: foldingcoin - Email: rross@foldingcoin.net - Join the Discord: Join Link My handle is @pooktwo#7260
SalimNagamato
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 03:29:49 PM

when monthly meeting ?

Mah-Jongg

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 05:06:37 PM

Hi Everyone! I will answer everything here:

I have been supporting Folding coin for some time now. This project is one of the most constructive in the ecosystem since it really contributes to scientific research. Folding coin is proof that PoW can be used by for something really useful

True that!

I've been following FLDC since last February and if I would recommend a crypto to invest asap for somebody it would definitely be FoldingCoin.

There are couple things I'd like to point out.

As the back-end gets solid needing less active human maintenance (already done work) and the marketplace gets done, there might be some time left over to expand. In that case maybe it could be a good thing to also start bringing folding@home into a wider awareness, once the "preparing" stages are complete.

I've understood that folding@home is somewhat semi-official for Stanford, but not completely (yet?)...
I'd think that if you guys could get a more official status for the project, it could be noted in the radar of science publications, magazines, medical professionals etc. audiences rather directly. In this way FLDC is sort of a flagship at the moment.

---I am not sure exactly what you mean here, but to clarify, FLDC is not a part of Stanfords FAH, we are simply an extension to it to help create adoption. Though we do talk with Stanford on occasion (not often), there is no partnership and Stanford cannot directly support something like this due to their internal rules and legal limitations

Quite many people have at least heard of Bitcoin these days too and FLDC has tons of legitimate say of making the mining (folding) process useful.
The timing starts to be right on alt footsteps.

Also alternatively so many are apathetic how corrupted and inefficient fiat world is, therefore it's not a long stretch to become inspired with the idea that it's possible to make currency do beneficial tasks on it's own instead of trusting some magical invisible hand acting for the favour of... well, humanity.
Right now it looks like a fist pounding in the face of near everyone.

There I definitely see a future where the kind of money you use itself is a direct "vote", an direct action (instead of having a machine made of people with no accountability i.e. bank+govt's) towards what you want to achieve with your money in super forward fashion.

That being said, FoldingCoin, as a project and an operation might seem small, but it wears big shoes.

FLDC in principle is very understandable for non-tech people in it's mission - using it to find cures for diseases.
This is serious issue for even the good projects with the typical Bitcoin 2.0 functionality... Try understand that as an outsider! Cheesy or rather  Sad

---And also to add to that note, when you try and explain bitcoin to someone, they want to understand immideately how mining works because to them it sounds like a scam, with FAH they kind of just take your word for it. Probably because curing cancer hits home more for folks then a new money system.

I see the whole issue of cryptos kind of the same as Nokia vs. Apple.
Nokia was there long before Apple got into phones, but Nokia kept itself a sort of more engineer bias company. Therefore in the critical time when there were TONS of different phones on the market, Apple came out of the woodworks with a very simple solution that did what most used a phone for. Nokia almost plummeted completely. They forgot that to the casual end user a kind of no-brain simplicity is utmost of importance.
The gadgetry most cryptos try to do is somewhat futile in the big scheme likewise.
Engineers/Technicians pitfall - Creating to your peers instead of realising that if an average person is dumb, half of them are even dumber. Technically speaking of course  Grin
Therefore, if you trust your end user to be technically proficient the table is never turned towards you until someone with more simple (or stupid) will guide attention away. It's very simple, but almost impossible for countlessly many programmers and developers to see.

I'm going to this direction because even as a somewhat tech oriented person, I found the act of starting to fold just a tad bit too difficult with the lack of time (and laziness) I usually have. Many people lack any kind of confidence whatsoever in any under the hood situation and give up the instant the page they are supposed to read seems too long and technical. That's where most people will drop the ball. And will never return.

Hence, given the potential burst of new users once the silent period is over, I'd love to see a dummiest way possible to fold in the future as well as the current one for (tech peeps). I'd mentally benchmark easy usability as a somewhat non techie being able to start folding and get rewards going (normal delay of receiving allowed!) within the same burts of first inspiration. People rarely come back after the first excitement, but they also can't hold their excitement (and sharing it to the world) if they can do it on the first go.

---This is a problem we have been trying to fix since very early on. We have had two different devs come and go saying that they would love to help build a all in one installation application for windows to make the process easier, but we have not had much communication with either of those devs anymore. That being said we are still looking for someone that has visual basic skills to build this, as currently there is no one on the roster with that programming skillset.

There's also a scenario where folding@home would find a cure...
That event would open floodgates and then it would be highly beneficial to have it super simple.

As you can see, I already see a lot of mainstream break (read: getting mentioned) potential with FLDC as it's a very sensible project.
And damn... Such enthusiastic, devoted and friendly attitudes you guys have + the people in this thread!
Thumbs up!

---Thank You so much! The idea is great and the community is there, now its time to get the others Cheesy

PS. Yes to the vote for rewarding long term folders. No brainer decision if there are no reasonable (or at all) objections!

Looks like I’ve been a bit ignorant of how developed the project actually is, which is exciting to hear!

About the possible simplified app:
Having little Ruby background, I’m assuming the simplified app wouldn’t be that difficult to pull off rather quickly even.
It’s always work, but pseudocode of existing program is easy to simplify especially for someone who has done intuitive & simplistic UI design.
Also all systems the program would interact with are running smooth already so it’s almost a kind of programmer plug and play, no? Tongue

If a willing person cannot be found soon enough, there is an always option to use a small part of that 100M FLDC for it.
There’s high upmarket potential being paid in FLDC now too. Just a suggestion, though.

Also… There's a chance anyone in the community could find a suitable Visual Basic programmer at this point too, right?
By asking around colleagues, irc rooms, message boards, social media platforms… etc. and if interested, pointing those parties to be in contact with you.

Speaking of visibility, I’d see it generally a good strategy to produce a well developed, versatile and low maintenance presence online - the modern equivalent for a press kit. Rather than reading in deeply, many people, media included perhaps especially, will just google articles, publications, gauge the website really quickly for credentials for initial trust… Such as media mentions, organisation memberships, partners, the mere existence of scientific texts.
It’s good to have a well developed set of these “credibility indicators” that give a congruent, affirmative overall content aligning the core mission to confirm that the project is wort investing more time with.

Maybe it would be good addition to have couple speeches more in scientific conventions as well as getting interviewed a lot in general:

One special thing about FLDC is that it can reach out *much* further out than just crypto familiar crowds, where almost every other 2.0 project is pretty much forced to stay at. Every crypto enthusiast is likely to equally find content matching results from any outside world mention regarding a crypto project -  when searching or sharing content it makes not much difference. However when it comes to the people completely outside crypto currency interests a message closer brought to them of a “project being able to program money to find cures for diseases” is definitely going to peak some interest way beyond most alt projects ever can. The

I’m not suggesting to neglect the crypto world!
Knowing somewhat how markets work and the given market situation, a bit of an exposure explosion could be on it’s way even if you weren’t already coming out of the dev lab. The market at this moment will become reactive to new developments quickly.

For communicating there, it’s the familiar route of Polo Trollbox sessions, radio channel visitations etc. every now and then to keep the larger community up to date and thus reaching a bit for new folder base from within the crypto world. I really appreciate your market independent attitudes. A green flag for most investors so the trade remains stable after high.

When it comes to the markets if after next big peak of interest it stabilises with a lot of exchange still going on long after the peak, that’s usually great for projects that can handle the scale increase towards their back end systems well and more requests from the front. You've done just the right kind of work to be able to step on the next attention/volume(trade) level - Good luck guys!

PS. A TEDx speech could become within the realm of possibilities at some point. The project is a perfect fit for the TED format.

PPS. Is the coming marketplace first ever ebay type (so I remember) online shop for cryptocurrencies? If so, “shopping and curing diseases” would be double first! Cheesy
Jonesd
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 08:38:32 PM

when monthly meeting ?

Sunday next week as I am currently on holiday. Smiley

Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Block Bastards
SalimNagamato
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 08:39:26 AM

just something i though about

don't know if you know about Synereo AMP token (suppose to be distributed social network)
it is a Token using mastercoin

since AMP is using Bitcoin blockchain, and also FLDC is using Bitcoin's blockchain (XCP).
maybe you can contact them to distribute some AMPs to folders

can be a nice POW phase for the AMP token and maybe will promote folding@home

actually anything using bitcoin bockchain can be distributed used FLDC merge foldings. including color coins and mastercoin assets ?
as long as the folder have access to his private key (not using an exchange wallet)

FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 01:14:44 PM

Hi Everyone! I will answer everything here:

I have been supporting Folding coin for some time now. This project is one of the most constructive in the ecosystem since it really contributes to scientific research. Folding coin is proof that PoW can be used by for something really useful

True that!

I've been following FLDC since last February and if I would recommend a crypto to invest asap for somebody it would definitely be FoldingCoin.

There are couple things I'd like to point out.

As the back-end gets solid needing less active human maintenance (already done work) and the marketplace gets done, there might be some time left over to expand. In that case maybe it could be a good thing to also start bringing folding@home into a wider awareness, once the "preparing" stages are complete.

I've understood that folding@home is somewhat semi-official for Stanford, but not completely (yet?)...
I'd think that if you guys could get a more official status for the project, it could be noted in the radar of science publications, magazines, medical professionals etc. audiences rather directly. In this way FLDC is sort of a flagship at the moment.

---I am not sure exactly what you mean here, but to clarify, FLDC is not a part of Stanfords FAH, we are simply an extension to it to help create adoption. Though we do talk with Stanford on occasion (not often), there is no partnership and Stanford cannot directly support something like this due to their internal rules and legal limitations

Quite many people have at least heard of Bitcoin these days too and FLDC has tons of legitimate say of making the mining (folding) process useful.
The timing starts to be right on alt footsteps.

Also alternatively so many are apathetic how corrupted and inefficient fiat world is, therefore it's not a long stretch to become inspired with the idea that it's possible to make currency do beneficial tasks on it's own instead of trusting some magical invisible hand acting for the favour of... well, humanity.
Right now it looks like a fist pounding in the face of near everyone.

There I definitely see a future where the kind of money you use itself is a direct "vote", an direct action (instead of having a machine made of people with no accountability i.e. bank+govt's) towards what you want to achieve with your money in super forward fashion.

That being said, FoldingCoin, as a project and an operation might seem small, but it wears big shoes.

FLDC in principle is very understandable for non-tech people in it's mission - using it to find cures for diseases.
This is serious issue for even the good projects with the typical Bitcoin 2.0 functionality... Try understand that as an outsider! Cheesy or rather  Sad

---And also to add to that note, when you try and explain bitcoin to someone, they want to understand immideately how mining works because to them it sounds like a scam, with FAH they kind of just take your word for it. Probably because curing cancer hits home more for folks then a new money system.

I see the whole issue of cryptos kind of the same as Nokia vs. Apple.
Nokia was there long before Apple got into phones, but Nokia kept itself a sort of more engineer bias company. Therefore in the critical time when there were TONS of different phones on the market, Apple came out of the woodworks with a very simple solution that did what most used a phone for. Nokia almost plummeted completely. They forgot that to the casual end user a kind of no-brain simplicity is utmost of importance.
The gadgetry most cryptos try to do is somewhat futile in the big scheme likewise.
Engineers/Technicians pitfall - Creating to your peers instead of realising that if an average person is dumb, half of them are even dumber. Technically speaking of course  Grin
Therefore, if you trust your end user to be technically proficient the table is never turned towards you until someone with more simple (or stupid) will guide attention away. It's very simple, but almost impossible for countlessly many programmers and developers to see.

I'm going to this direction because even as a somewhat tech oriented person, I found the act of starting to fold just a tad bit too difficult with the lack of time (and laziness) I usually have. Many people lack any kind of confidence whatsoever in any under the hood situation and give up the instant the page they are supposed to read seems too long and technical. That's where most people will drop the ball. And will never return.

Hence, given the potential burst of new users once the silent period is over, I'd love to see a dummiest way possible to fold in the future as well as the current one for (tech peeps). I'd mentally benchmark easy usability as a somewhat non techie being able to start folding and get rewards going (normal delay of receiving allowed!) within the same burts of first inspiration. People rarely come back after the first excitement, but they also can't hold their excitement (and sharing it to the world) if they can do it on the first go.

---This is a problem we have been trying to fix since very early on. We have had two different devs come and go saying that they would love to help build a all in one installation application for windows to make the process easier, but we have not had much communication with either of those devs anymore. That being said we are still looking for someone that has visual basic skills to build this, as currently there is no one on the roster with that programming skillset.

There's also a scenario where folding@home would find a cure...
That event would open floodgates and then it would be highly beneficial to have it super simple.

As you can see, I already see a lot of mainstream break (read: getting mentioned) potential with FLDC as it's a very sensible project.
And damn... Such enthusiastic, devoted and friendly attitudes you guys have + the people in this thread!
Thumbs up!

---Thank You so much! The idea is great and the community is there, now its time to get the others Cheesy

PS. Yes to the vote for rewarding long term folders. No brainer decision if there are no reasonable (or at all) objections!

Looks like I’ve been a bit ignorant of how developed the project actually is, which is exciting to hear!

About the possible simplified app:
Having little Ruby background, I’m assuming the simplified app wouldn’t be that difficult to pull off rather quickly even.
It’s always work, but pseudocode of existing program is easy to simplify especially for someone who has done intuitive & simplistic UI design.
Also all systems the program would interact with are running smooth already so it’s almost a kind of programmer plug and play, no? Tongue

If a willing person cannot be found soon enough, there is an always option to use a small part of that 100M FLDC for it.
There’s high upmarket potential being paid in FLDC now too. Just a suggestion, though.

Also… There's a chance anyone in the community could find a suitable Visual Basic programmer at this point too, right?
By asking around colleagues, irc rooms, message boards, social media platforms… etc. and if interested, pointing those parties to be in contact with you.

Speaking of visibility, I’d see it generally a good strategy to produce a well developed, versatile and low maintenance presence online - the modern equivalent for a press kit. Rather than reading in deeply, many people, media included perhaps especially, will just google articles, publications, gauge the website really quickly for credentials for initial trust… Such as media mentions, organisation memberships, partners, the mere existence of scientific texts.
It’s good to have a well developed set of these “credibility indicators” that give a congruent, affirmative overall content aligning the core mission to confirm that the project is wort investing more time with.

Maybe it would be good addition to have couple speeches more in scientific conventions as well as getting interviewed a lot in general:

One special thing about FLDC is that it can reach out *much* further out than just crypto familiar crowds, where almost every other 2.0 project is pretty much forced to stay at. Every crypto enthusiast is likely to equally find content matching results from any outside world mention regarding a crypto project -  when searching or sharing content it makes not much difference. However when it comes to the people completely outside crypto currency interests a message closer brought to them of a “project being able to program money to find cures for diseases” is definitely going to peak some interest way beyond most alt projects ever can. The

I’m not suggesting to neglect the crypto world!
Knowing somewhat how markets work and the given market situation, a bit of an exposure explosion could be on it’s way even if you weren’t already coming out of the dev lab. The market at this moment will become reactive to new developments quickly.

For communicating there, it’s the familiar route of Polo Trollbox sessions, radio channel visitations etc. every now and then to keep the larger community up to date and thus reaching a bit for new folder base from within the crypto world. I really appreciate your market independent attitudes. A green flag for most investors so the trade remains stable after high.

When it comes to the markets if after next big peak of interest it stabilises with a lot of exchange still going on long after the peak, that’s usually great for projects that can handle the scale increase towards their back end systems well and more requests from the front. You've done just the right kind of work to be able to step on the next attention/volume(trade) level - Good luck guys!

PS. A TEDx speech could become within the realm of possibilities at some point. The project is a perfect fit for the TED format.

PPS. Is the coming marketplace first ever ebay type (so I remember) online shop for cryptocurrencies? If so, “shopping and curing diseases” would be double first! Cheesy

Everything you said above I 100% agree with, and many of those goals we have been reaching for:

- You are 100% correct, our system is different then other crypto systems in which we can reach ANYONE as for Bitcoin and crypto is only interesting to the early pioneers just like the internet. I have done many talks at local Indianapolis events especially in the first half of the year when i was full time FLDC, but starting back in June i had to work again so i only put about 30 hours in FLDC now per week and getting to talks is hard. But doing a TED talk would be EXTREMELY beneficial, and i have been waiting until the Marketplace is finished, so that way when the question comes up on "what do you do with it" we have an answer

- The Marketplace would not be the first, awhile back there was a website called bitmit.net, but they have been out of business for a couple years now, so we would be the only one that i know of that is still active

- Finding developers is easy, finding developers who want to build it is hard. We have had so many conversations, and they have come and gone. James has been the only consistant Developer and he deals with PHP, MySQL, HTML, a little Java and Javascript, ext... but he does not know ruby or visual basics which you have described. I would absolutely love for you to help us with that if you had an interest, and you are correct, the 100 million FLDC would be perfect to pay people in and that is what we will intend to do with it

- I would love for you to join our public meeting this upcoming sunday to discuss these points if you are interested, it would be extremely helpful to talk about these topics in the open and start cherning ideas out. You can always email rross@foldingcoin.net if you would like to disucss this further in private

- I have been on the road traveling now each week Monday-Thursday and a majority of my time comes on weekends which is why during the week it has been hard for me to respond. Also on that note, thats why the distributions are also twice weekly, I just started the distribution for the last four days and i have been doing them thursday mornings and sundays mornings

Thank you for the great post!!!!!! Cheesy

FLDC Twitter: @foldingcoin - Skype: foldingcoin - Email: rross@foldingcoin.net - Join the Discord: Join Link My handle is @pooktwo#7260
FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 01:16:28 PM

just something i though about

don't know if you know about Synereo AMP token (suppose to be distributed social network)
it is a Token using mastercoin

since AMP is using Bitcoin blockchain, and also FLDC is using Bitcoin's blockchain (XCP).
maybe you can contact them to distribute some AMPs to folders

can be a nice POW phase for the AMP token and maybe will promote folding@home

actually anything using bitcoin bockchain can be distributed used FLDC merge foldings. including color coins and mastercoin assets ?
as long as the folder have access to his private key (not using an exchange wallet)

That is an interesting idea, and it is for sure possible. As long as the token is on the Bitcoin Blockchain we could distribute it, however, unless its a counterparty token the mastercoin or colored coin project would need to have their own custom way of mass distribution as the LTB distributor only works for CP tokens.

I will reach out to them though to see what they think Cheesy

SalimNagamato
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 06:59:44 PM

latest payout report come empty
http://stats.foldingcoin.net/platformReports/FLDC/20150910-payoutReport.html
please check

FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 03:35:28 PM

Thank you, I will look into this right away

Jonesd
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 06:10:14 PM

Monthly meeting September
Hey guys,

The monthly meeting is starting in an hour. I will post the links once they become available, so you can join the meeting if you want. Smiley

Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Block Bastards
FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 06:32:09 PM

Monthly meeting September
Hey guys,

The monthly meeting is starting in an hour. I will post the links once they become available, so you can join the meeting if you want. Smiley
Event page - https://plus.google.com/events/c3tgperddtr8lgmlffdqdmurtfk
YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6Qc2tSjKlY

To join the call please email me rross@foldingcoin.net and i will send you the join URL, or request it in the chatroom during the call, see you there!

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 04:05:03 PM

Hello, I have:

Points earned

number looks big Tongue. Now i am asking how can i withdraw those points to wallet?
im folding as 18Uu1V8DcAENf6Sfxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.Anonymous in Team 226728.
thank you for help
xandry
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3961

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2015, 12:14:51 PM

Hello, I have:

Points earned

number looks big Tongue. Now i am asking how can i withdraw those points to wallet?
thank you for help
Grin

You need to setup elementary settings first. Try to go to first post of this topic and read attentively section "How to start Folding".

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
K210

Activity: 1568
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 02:19:42 PM

Hello, I have:

Points earned

thank you for help
Hi 1211

foldingcoin are paid out to your counterwallet address twice a week - on Wednesdays and sundays. Therefore you should already have been paid fldc to the address which you use to fold.
FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 04:12:39 PM

Hello, I have:

Points earned

thank you for help
Hi 1211

foldingcoin are paid out to your counterwallet address twice a week - on Wednesdays and sundays. Therefore you should already have been paid fldc to the address which you use to fold.
Correct, and I am about to send out today's distribution, and last wekk was a little crazy for me so i missed the wed distribution because I was on the road. I will be more precise on announcing that here when it happens, sorry Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... 109 »
  Print  

Jump to: