Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:18:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 302 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh)  (Read 466757 times)
CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 06:44:56 AM

I tried to come up with better solutions not involving a Solar Farm with a Buy Wall, and there is no way around it and create stability. You will never have demand for something unless it derives worth.

Once ROI is met the Solar Production is free and the Power Company would be supporting the coin. It is like placing worth to the money you bought in with and always pays back, and it could grow exponentially. The coin could even be ran on trust since the buys could be there before a transaction transpires.

The only thing I could see happening without a Solar Farm Buy Wall would be to create a pass through and the Solar Claims make transaction fees. Where they don't Claim the actual Coin but Claim and generate the Staking and PoS to Send Transactions. They make the fees for the transactions and a set percentage possibly.

It is like PayPal at that point. The money coming in goes right back out instantly, no need for exchanges other than to change from FIAT to SolarCoin.

Again, it makes no sense for anyone just to buy in and change their money into SLR just to buy a product which has to then go back to FIAT or at least BitCoin.

This is why the Solar Farm works and turns everything else on its head. You could have people buy a Solar Panel to invest, it gets hooked up to a large array better cost and efficiency. Or in a better producing zone. So someone in a low zone can participate in a high zone. Then they use the output to either buy from a merchant or sell and gain the money they would normally get on their produced electricity. I guess this boils down to trusting the Farm. If it were a Publicly Traded Company all Profit and Loss go in the books.

But thinking all of this through I give up. Since most of the people wanting these coins to succeed are just looking to Profit. The only coins which will succeed have services behind them. Like Storj coin, so you pay to get something and if you earn it is because you gave something of worth to the buyers and in this case it isn't even a material good just storing your files encrypted. I think this is where Crypto is headed now since smart people will not just buy a coin and gamble to get out.
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 02:19:49 PM

Price moving up... Volume almost 3 btc...
nickgogerty

Activity: 365
Merit: 250

Making things better with better things.

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2015, 07:05:59 PM

Price moving up... Volume almost 3 btc...

This would be a nice gateway for spending SLR on lots of places.  https://gourl.io/voting-slr-now.html

voting encouraged.

Solarcoin (§ SLR) are like airmiles. Each 1 Mhw generated gets you §1 free. Solarcoins can purchase what others will trade: USD,BTC, Soy candles..etc.
CryptoNick
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 12:19:58 PM

Would this idea be good enough to implement?

Set amount of Claim Coin, 98 Billion etc.
First Solar Claimers get to make the first PoS to be sold, they don't claim minted coin but will PoS the amount they can claim as a Token.
There would be Claim Tokens that can not be sold on exchanges, this equals the amount of claim coin.
This would create demand for claiming since first claims in would make the most PoS according to the next rule.
As the PoS is created it will Burn Claim Tokens. So there are less to claim, creating more demand for Solar Claims to be made.

You could set the Claim Coin accordingly to whatever seems right to balance and create demand. So if every possible solar claimer claimed from Day One it would create the most amount of long term PoS but distributed through every possible claim and never eroded. If early adopters get in they will reduce the amount of claims later with their PoS and make the most money from generating PoS as a small increment but the overall economy would need this increment to be worth more. Maybe there are more creative ideas to turn this into an even better scenario for Claimers.

This would also mean that the economy is only as big as the Claimers since they will only PoS what they Claim as Tokens but they may sell higher priced as coin since there is more demand and nobody else seems to want to claim so they make more profit.

So this could drive a demand for claims and pay off for the claimers since we can attach a buy precedent in that it is also Rare Coin since only PoS is sold openly.

Then to protect the buyers of the coin they also know that there is only so much PoS created so when they Buy a product it will equalize better for the Merchants, no dumping of coin on them. The equalization is the internal economy created which would meet the price point for selling. The PoS would equal the output but since that output is smaller needing a larger economy this means it won't equal $90MWH it will equal the internal Market Cap of the Solar Claimers more easily. Solar Farm claim investments are millions to create a trickle of PoS, and as more claim in the more PoS is created but that is only to equalize demand which could be thousands of people buying the coin. Boosting the price up even though more coin is created. This emphasizes demand because claimers see no reason to not join in and make more for their claim.

The only reason more claims would make the price go higher is that there would be more demand for coin if Claimers see the money and jump in, but also now there is another lets say 5 acres of solar claim to the internal market cap which is 2.5 Million in approx worth. The Claimers can only sell so much coin too and if the Merchants only sell to get back their costs then the Merchants will make the most money long term. Plain and simple they need to support the coin as much as possible to be a part of the internal economy too.

So how to create buyers now. Since the Buyers are creating extra money for the Solar Claimers they are boosting the payout past the costs power companies usually pay. Any amount would be more than what they are paid for their power actually.

Or perhaps this is all backwards and people can buy Tokens to Claim any Solar Company that is out there. If that Solar Company wants to buy their claim later they must shell out money to do so. Since they bought Tokens to make Coin they could trade the Tokens to any wallet and trade open on a market or exchange. The Tokens never break into Coins only a representation of an amount of Claim that goes away from the actual amount of Solar Farms out there. A set price to buy a claim which will be high and the coin created based on demand which will self perpetuate.

Hey this may actually work, since we have a set price for a claim and output equaling PoS percentage and the PoS is created making it worth something to the Buyer of the Token to create the PoS.

Well there you have it. I just thought this up real time so that is why the last part was what I think will make it work. Oh wait, since the actual costs to create the coin will be more, this could be where the money to buy in is used to create a Solar Farm and the output buys back coin and burns any coin that sells to it, boosting market cap again. There can only be so many sells but burning coin means there is now less coin, effectively stabilizing Market Cap and always allowing the price to go up only. So the buyers have a Token to create coin equal to the amount the Solar Farm produces, if no one buys the coin for more then it makes sense to burn it anyways and just sell to the buy wall. So price will always be more than the buy wall or wholesale cost of Electricity.

Maybe someone has something else they can add to this to make it more cohesive. But this way we would have a race to buy and build coin and a way to pay out always. If we raised $2.5 Million that is only 5 Acres and $200,000 a year payout for Merchants to sell to. People could take a chance on the coin, just think about it. 10,000 people spending $250 gets a 5 Acre Solar Farm and always has backing to their structure, and only time would tell if trust is earned. But once it was earned then you build on that trust since most of these investors are paid back and now hold coin to PoS. Each Token holder could also gain admittance to the Solar Farm and have a special output section online with multiple cams around the complex.

So if you Buy a Token to create PoS you get a place in the Solar Farm with output to the Buy Wall. If you just buy coin you have to pay more on the sell wall which will also have supply to it since some groups of people may not sell out and use it internally. If the Buy Wall gets eroded this will be the only time people could possibly get a lower price, but the buy wall always replenishes and if the volume of sells never reaches a certain amount then the buy wall could buy lower possibly. It would be mathematically controlled so it is set in stone. No one gets to profit huge amounts from the coin they just get to use it.
sunny-boy

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 02:52:20 PM

"Hello,

I can't add much to this debate relative to what has already been said. I am reaching out to our developers and website affiliate asking them to post in this forum with their own opinions, positive negative etc. Some of our developers have asked for anonymity which we accept.

I will speak for myself in saying I believe SolarCoin is a very interesting project. It has high optionality, meaning for a fairly small upfront cost, a large collective project can be launched.  The project is 100% voluntary and welcomes criticism, encouragement and support. 

Like many long-term ambitious projects, there is no guarantee of success. We welcome the thoughts concerns and ideas that may help make SolarCoin work better. It is inevitable that over the coming years there will be differences of opinion about many things. My hope is that those differences, ideas, enthusiasm and energy create a net contribution directly or indirectly to the production of more solar energy globally.

best,

Nick Gogerty"

Hi all,

We've been very busy working on the French SolarCoin version. It is now up and running - Dutch should be coming up in the next days as well and we'll be following with German. Goal is to be uploaded when POSv is up.

Some add-ons to the English version : we've added a "how to invest" in SLR faq as well as a "how to use a slr wallet" faq.

I trust SLR has indeed a high optionality and believe the SLR Community should now get focused on contacting installers and solar field as well as home owners.

Regs,

SunnyBoy
vipgelsi
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 03:03:22 PM

Best thing anyone can do for this coin is just get the word out especially to people who have solar panels on there roof. Its very easy to spot  Wink
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 04:22:43 PM

Best thing anyone can do for this coin is just get the word out especially to people who have solar panels on there roof. Its very easy to spot  Wink

For the umpthteenth time, why is doing that in any way, shape or form positive for this project? Do you REALLY believe anyone will be interested in "collecting" a few cents they wouldn't bother to pick up on the street if they were lying on the floor? I didn't think so. Regular people -as opposed to stupid loser nutcases- are quite busy doing something called LIVING to waste their valuable time on something only jerkoffs engage on.
vipgelsi
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 04:59:37 PM

For the umpthteenth time, why is doing that in any way, shape or form positive for this project? Do you REALLY believe anyone will be interested in "collecting" a few cents they wouldn't bother to pick up on the street if they were lying on the floor? I didn't think so. Regular people -as opposed to stupid loser nutcases- are quite busy doing something called LIVING to waste their valuable time on something only jerkoffs engage on.

Did you sell at the bottom? Sorry for your luck.

So people who paid .005 cents for bitcoins in 2009 where losers also? I bet you would pick those up off the ground today.
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 05:10:41 PM

So people who paid .005 cents for bitcoins in 2009 where losers also? I bet you would pick those up off the ground today.

At least they could buy pizza for like 30k of them or something.  It was SOMETHING. There's absolutely nothing you can buy with SLR that you cannot buy with any and all of the more than 500 altcoins somehow active today.

But you still refuse to answer the far more important question: why any and all jerkoffs claiming coins would in any way, shape or form benefit slr?

Dont fell sorry for me. I haven't lost a single cent on this utopy. I am "ahead" .... by at least us $0.10...
corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 05:22:31 PM

At least they could buy pizza for like 30k of them or something.  It was SOMETHING. There's absolutely nothing you can buy with SLR that you cannot buy with any and all of the more than 500 altcoins somehow active today.

But you still refuse to answer the far more important question: why any and all jerkoffs claiming coins would in any way, shape or form benefit slr?

Dont fell sorry for me. I haven't lost a single cent on this utopy. I am "ahead" .... by at least us $0.10...

I do feel sorry for you, but for other reasons.

vipgelsi
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 03:37:29 AM

Haters are in full force on this coin must mean good times ahead!
CryptoNick
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 05:54:55 AM

Solar backing is a great idea, it is just structured wrong, if that means people who hate being taken advantage of is a good thing for this coin then I guess you have success! But this is Crypto too, many people come in thinking they will strike it rich and then get pummeled by reality. Only PnD groups make money or Devs who mined coin and slowly sell to anyone who comes along. Since most people don't buy from the Sell sheets they place low bids thinking buy low sell high but most graphs just don't pan out for people in the long run.

Actually SLR is structured right to hold and hope to make huge profits allowing anyone to simply compare it to BitCoin. But when you consider that BitCoin is also manipulated you gotta really wonder why any of these coins exist. It is to make money from unsuspecting people who dream big and want to topple the powers that be in FIAT. Dream on...
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 09:48:09 AM

I do feel sorry for you, but for other reasons.

And that in its own way tells everything about you right there.
vipgelsi
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 01:19:09 PM

How many accounts do you have we got the point the first time?

Just move on. Since you have nothing possitive to add here.

And no cheap solar for you.  I guess it upsets you that you are not in control of the price.

Peace.  Welcome to ignore.
mazzaneo

Activity: 300
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 07:28:11 AM

People on this forum have already bought Natural Soy Wax Candles from Candlelit Day with SolarCoin. If you are interested www.candlelitday.com.

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Your Digital Network | 10MB Blocks
Algo: XEVAN | DK3 | Masternodes
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
CoinPayments | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
vipgelsi
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 04:12:26 PM

People on this forum have already bought Natural Soy Wax Candles from Candlelit Day with SolarCoin. If you are interested www.candlelitday.com.

Yup this is true.
sunny-boy

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 04:51:39 PM

And no cheap solar for you.  I guess it upsets you that you are not in control of the price.

Yes, that's the Spirit :-)

And getting the word out will do the rest now. POSv is just around the corner.
lfloorwalker

Activity: 224
Merit: 150

solcrypto.com

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 01:45:15 AM

Yes, that's the Spirit :-)

And getting the word out will do the rest now. POSv is just around the corner.

Agreed with Sunnyboy

We are on the positive frontier now. ;-)

|Solcrypto|ElectriCChain| SLR Tips: 8Hocu8s8u8FFAyh5ev2qsNmLZYgeiVToHi
lfloorwalker

Activity: 224
Merit: 150

solcrypto.com

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 02:09:18 AM

It is all about what people consider to value.

I can tell you a short story. It might explain why I value our planet.
I grew up in the countryside. Each morning I would spend many hours (possibly 2-3 hours everyday) just playing in the small stream, we would try to catch crayfish, dig in the mud, we would look for small bugs, the stream was flowing, it was healthy. And it was amazing experience, for a 4 year old!
This was 25+ years ago.

Fast forward to today, I return to my countryside home, the creek has not flowed for more than 10 years, maybe a few little trickles of water every year. There is no environment to play in for kids. It is half concreted over by the local government in an effort to increase water flow, and quite depressing really. Ask the neighbors, and they mention the kids haven't caught any crayfish or anything from that environment maybe in a long time. Maybe even in 20 years. Kids don't even WANT to play in the smelly dirty concrete place. They are losing the VALUE of their natural environment.

We cannot link any specific climatic event to climate change, but we can look at overall trends.
The overall trend here is the fact that the climate around that town has changed a lot.

There are millions of stories just like this, maybe you even know some as well.
Grassroots, people want to help. People want to value ways to improve human civilizations longevity. They don't know how. They already VALUE an atmosphere with less CO2 in it.

The value is within a lot of people. This value can be translated into a buy-in into SolarCoin, or more claimants. Then the network effect and POSv can also help. Other providers make it easy to transfer and change SolarCoin into other things other people value.

Thanks
lfloorwalker

|Solcrypto|ElectriCChain| SLR Tips: 8Hocu8s8u8FFAyh5ev2qsNmLZYgeiVToHi
vipgelsi
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 03:40:36 AM

Great story!
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 302 »
  Print  

Jump to: