Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:48:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 ... 302 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh)  (Read 466758 times)
solarcoiner

Activity: 445
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 04:46:50 PM

Corather has a better sense (from experience) what staking tends to be like. Perhaps he will chime in.

Time will speed up as more 2.03 wallets come on-line.

Great, thank you Smiley  I'd love an explanation for ''earning stake time'', but i'm pretty sure i just have to wait until the next block is found.
it's still a bit weird because I have never had to ''earn''some time before.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 04:55:27 PM

Has anyone else noticed upon restarting the client it doesn't always start staking right away.
Now my wallet says IN SYNC, EARNING STAKE TIME.
I assume I have to wait until the next block is found until it starts staking? or why does it say that. I would have thought I don't need to ear stake time since I have already been staking since a few hours

I think it would start making more sense to us if we could get to the 1 block per minute stage. When the blocks are taking two hours each, it's hard to get a full picture. I have a feeling it is using older coins in your wallet to stake first, not just the whole stack at once. Kind of like easing into it or something. I'm really not sure. Corather has a better sense (from experience) what staking tends to be like. Perhaps he will chime in.

Not sure what's going on. There are new blocks being found and it appears it's all on one chain. I haven't found a block since the first one, but I see more blocks being found as the days progress. The staking process appears to be functional, slow as it is.

solarcoiner

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 05:59:24 PM

Again i would like to express how disappointed I am that we cannot get a fully functional POST release.
How hard can it be to test things before releasing them?
I have to say i'm pretty pissed! My wallet won't stake anymore and I would like to know what's going on.

vipgelsi, look what happens when we rush things!
I don't want to cause drama here , that's probably the last thing I want to do.
Solarcoin is all about trust and I have got to say i'm slowly losing the trust that has been built up over the last two years.
I'm very very dissapointed

corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 06:04:14 PM

Again i would like to express how disappointed I am that we cannot get a fully functional POST release.
I have to say i'm pretty pissed! My wallet won't stake anymore and I would like to know what's going on.

Solarcoin is all about trust and I have got to say i'm slowly losing the trust that has been built up over the last two years.

You're the only one. Things often need tweaks and adjustments before they work properly. Quit whining and have a little patience.

solarcoiner

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 06:05:47 PM

You're the only one. Things often need tweaks and adjustments before they work properly. Quit whining and have a little patience.

I guess you're right, lets see what happens by tomorrow.
solarcoiner

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 06:10:17 PM

Has anyone else noticed upon restarting the client it doesn't always start staking right away.
Now my wallet says IN SYNC, EARNING STAKE TIME.
I assume I have to wait until the next block is found until it starts staking? or why does it say that. I would have thought I don't need to ear stake time since I have already been staking since a few hours

I think it would start making more sense to us if we could get to the 1 block per minute stage. When the blocks are taking two hours each, it's hard to get a full picture. I have a feeling it is using older coins in your wallet to stake first, not just the whole stack at once. Kind of like easing into it or something. I'm really not sure. Corather has a better sense (from experience) what staking tends to be like. Perhaps he will chime in.

Not sure what's going on. There are new blocks being found and it appears it's all on one chain. I haven't found a block since the first one, but I see more blocks being found as the days progress. The staking process appears to be functional, slow as it is.

alright thx
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 07:04:41 PM

We would of had these issues if we waited just like how we waited months and months for PoST and had issues

Now we can work the kinks out.

Relax and enjoy the show  Wink
mazzaneo

Activity: 300

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 07:27:19 PM

Question, Can you have the wallet open on 2 separate computers at the same time?

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Your Digital Network | 10MB Blocks
Algo: XEVAN | DK3 | Masternodes
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
CoinPayments | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
vipgelsi
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 09:09:01 PM

The missing Question 4 is still expecting the answer to 3.

Question 8:
With version 2.0.1 around, having been downloaded and available for installation, if anyone wants to get on the Lottery-Winning-Train, do they just install 2.0.1 and start staking millions of SLR? Which blockchain should they stick to for better results - the main 1.5 PoW blockchain, or the forked 2.0.3? With no blockchain explorer around, I bet the 2.0.1 version is the way to go if anyone wants to get into the billions of SLR within a day or two, without being noticed.
So here is my question 8:
8. DO YOU GET IT NOW?

Cool Edit: Any further code changes to PoST implementation MUST FIRST ensure 2.0.1 will not be allowed to stake on the blockchain.

FYI: current SLR main (PoW) blockchain block height: 837905

Just want to keep this post from disappearing. So more people can "get it".  Kiss

Nice sunglasses by the way.

Is any of this possible?
nickgogerty

Activity: 365

Making things better with better things.

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2015, 09:45:05 PM

Strongly recommend suspension running wallet 1.5. 

The value of Solarcoin is driven like all forms of currency by 2 economic functions.

1. a speculative utility function. This is users estimated utility in the future a mix of user demand and anticipated supply shifts. Speculative utility is ideally a de-minimus factor, we aren't interested in high volatility and pump and dump models. This is a 40 year project.

2. a Transactional utility function. i.e. the more participants in a currency network (those accepting the currency for buying, selling or holding), the greater the utility function.

The largest source of future value for SolarCoin will come from the growth in solarcoin Claimants. Example BTC has an estimated 1.3-1.5 million participants supporting a $3.4billion network (market cap).  Each participant represents >$2,000 in utility. Most currencies including gold average $200-$3,000 in value per participant.

So in regards to SLR participation.

2.0.3 and subsequent 2.0.4 will be the chains used for granting coins and growing the network utility function.  The economics strongly suggest those interested in supporting the Foundation's mission and their own economic interests should either suspend temporarily running a 1.5 wallet or running the latest version of the wallet.  1.5 may be an orphan chain with significantly lesser value going forward.

Solarcoin (§ SLR) are like airmiles. Each 1 Mhw generated gets you §1 free. Solarcoins can purchase what others will trade: USD,BTC, Soy candles..etc.
nickgogerty

Activity: 365

Making things better with better things.

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2015, 09:59:56 PM

The value of Solarcoin is driven like all forms of currency by 2 economic functions.

1. a speculative utility function. This is users estimated utility in the future a mix of user demand and anticipated supply shifts. Speculative utility is ideally a de-minimus factor, we aren't interested in high volatility and pump and dump models. This is a 40 year project.

2. a Transactional utility function. i.e. the more participants in a currency network (those accepting the currency for buying, selling or holding), the greater the utility function.

The largest source of future value for SolarCoin will come from the growth in solarcoin Claimants. Example BTC has an estimated 1.3-1.5 million participants supporting a $3.4billion network (market cap).  Each participant represents >$2,000 in utility. Most currencies including gold average $200-$3,000 in value per participant.

2.0.3 and subsequent 2.0.4 will be the chains used for granting coins and growing the network utility function.  The economics strongly suggest those interested in supporting the Foundation's mission and their own economic interests should either suspend temporarily running a 1.5 wallet or running the latest version of the wallet.  1.5 may be an orphan chain with significantly lesser value going forward.

wallet version 2.0.4 will likely be released this evening.

Below is a summary of the 2.0.3 issues and solutions:

1) The calculation of "n" (average network stake time weight over 1 hour (60 blocks)) is taking up the majority of the CPU calculations.
2) With n being so low and the POW coin supply so high (34M), the  Interest Rate (I) = T * 34,100,000 / n will be stuck at 10 % for years.
3) Since n is being used in the calculation of  Interest Rate (I) and Inflation Rate (T) = 17* (log(n/20))/100, I recommend fixing the interest rate at our intended target of 2%. This will reduce two calculations using "n" and will free up CPU usage.
4) Th real innovation of POST , the Time active fraction (F =cos^2(pi*g/n), g= fraction coin age) will be preserved to incentivize active staking and protect against a 51% attack.

SUMMARY of changes:
1) Remove inflation calculation and fix the interest rate at 2%
2) Change Transaction confirmations from 10 to 6

Benefits.  better inflation targeting and reduced CPU load.

OnsightIT will post more details.

Solarcoin (§ SLR) are like airmiles. Each 1 Mhw generated gets you §1 free. Solarcoins can purchase what others will trade: USD,BTC, Soy candles..etc.
CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 11:42:12 PM
Last edit: September 28, 2015, 12:14:15 AM by CryptoNick

My 2.0.3 Windows wallet kept dumping the blockchain like everyone is stating, I had it staking and generated a 5 coin payout for 510 confirms. This is not listed in the unconfirmed reserve. My power shut off while staking so I reloaded the bootstrap and rescanned the wallet. I thought everything was synced up so I wanted to stop staking to test and see if I can transfer the 5 coins even though they are 500 confirms out.

So I loaded the Mac OS wallet fresh on a different computer and copied the address then pasted in the other computer and send 10,000 SLR. It has been about an hour and my 10,000 coins still haven't shown up. Glad I didn't send the other 60,000 since they would not release from staking. I will keep watching but I feel I am stuck now in limbo, can't get my coins to Bittrex and can't even transfer to other wallets.

My Windows wallet keeps popping up with Double the coin balance total but the addition is wrong from the listed transactions, I only have 70,000 coins not 130,000. This wallet will say it is synced and staking but no other coins were produced in 24 hours and it keeps dropping and reloading the block chain from 2500 blocks back.

I really like the PoST wallet and want PoST to succeed so I hope this info helps fix any problems. I have screen shots too.

EDIT: 10,000 Coins just showed up must be slow blocks so now to test and see if I can unstake my reward and send the rest...
vipgelsi
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 12:52:15 AM
Last edit: September 28, 2015, 01:04:41 AM by vipgelsi

Thanks all for the updates! looks like alot of hard work going on behind the scenes. We really appreciate it.

Just got home after 7 hours and restarted my wallet after no blocks found and guess what i found a block right after restart  Wink
lfloorwalker

Activity: 224
Merit: 150

solcrypto.com

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2015, 01:13:34 AM

Thanks all for the updates! looks like alot of hard work going on behind the scenes. We really appreciate it.

Just got home after 7 hours and restarted my wallet after no blocks found and guess what i found a block right after restart  Wink

I am "In sync" at block 835,291 and "Earning stake time".

|Solcrypto|ElectriCChain| SLR Tips: 8Hocu8s8u8FFAyh5ev2qsNmLZYgeiVToHi
vipgelsi
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 01:25:38 AM

i concur. Also now 6 people running 2.0.1 wallet looks like someone is trying to pool a fast one with those lottery coins... Hopefully it is not possible.

I was at my mothers house today to update her wallet to the current 2.0.3 wallet from 2.0.1 and she had over 10 million in interest by the time i got to check it.
y_virtual

Activity: 377
Merit: 251

Note to self: it's not you doing it, it's us.

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 01:45:45 AM

i concur. Also now 6 people running 2.0.1 wallet looks like someone is trying to pool a fast one with those lottery coins... Hopefully it is not possible.

I was at my mothers house today to update her wallet to the current 2.0.3 wallet from 2.0.1 and she had over 10 million in interest by the time i got to check it.

That is the reason I will keep running 1.5 until all testing is finished and questioned answered and BlockChain explorer working and in sync, all Exchanges having updated their wallets and only then the main 1.5 blockchain transitioned the right way to a new PoST version in which all current issues have been solved.

This is the only possible way to have a legitimate upgrade from PoW to PoST.

The current fork is a really good way to test ongoing development and issues solution, but other than the "live" test function, it's not legit.
lfloorwalker

Activity: 224
Merit: 150

solcrypto.com

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2015, 01:48:58 AM

My 2.0.3 Windows wallet kept dumping the blockchain like everyone is stating, I had it staking and generated a 5 coin payout for 510 confirms. This is not listed in the unconfirmed reserve. My power shut off while staking so I reloaded the bootstrap and rescanned the wallet. I thought everything was synced up so I wanted to stop staking to test and see if I can transfer the 5 coins even though they are 500 confirms out.

So I loaded the Mac OS wallet fresh on a different computer and copied the address then pasted in the other computer and send 10,000 SLR. It has been about an hour and my 10,000 coins still haven't shown up. Glad I didn't send the other 60,000 since they would not release from staking. I will keep watching but I feel I am stuck now in limbo, can't get my coins to Bittrex and can't even transfer to other wallets.

My Windows wallet keeps popping up with Double the coin balance total but the addition is wrong from the listed transactions, I only have 70,000 coins not 130,000. This wallet will say it is synced and staking but no other coins were produced in 24 hours and it keeps dropping and reloading the block chain from 2500 blocks back.

I really like the PoST wallet and want PoST to succeed so I hope this info helps fix any problems. I have screen shots too.

EDIT: 10,000 Coins just showed up must be slow blocks so now to test and see if I can unstake my reward and send the rest...

How did it go?
I think it is due to the slow block rate.

Ver2.0.3
On the wallet balance column it seems that "Spendable" was zero. "Staking" has increased to "Original balance Total +5.71 coins" in the last two days. The wallet is stable. The "+5.71 coins" turned up in a transaction
I turned off my wallet also and restarted just to test. Now it is "staking" and before I restarted it was "In sync".

Now "Spendable" = "Original wallet balance"
"Staking" = Original wallet balance +5.71 coins

But "Total" = Spendable + staking

Just to confirm that this is normal wallet behaviour for staking?
It seems that the +5.71 coins will show up in another 500 blocks before they can be spent as the generated coins must mature.

|Solcrypto|ElectriCChain| SLR Tips: 8Hocu8s8u8FFAyh5ev2qsNmLZYgeiVToHi
solarcoiner

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 02:18:23 AM

I am "In sync" at block 835,291 and "Earning stake time".

Same here, I have earning stake time since hours now, while blocks are being found by others with no problem... I don't understand
I have restarted several times but that doesn't help
y_virtual

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 02:19:39 AM

That is the reason I will keep running 1.5 until all testing is finished and questioned answered and BlockChain explorer working and in sync, all Exchanges having updated their wallets and only then the main 1.5 blockchain transitioned the right way to a new PoST version in which all current issues have been solved.

The current fork is a really good way to test ongoing development and issues solution, but other than the "live" test function, it's not legit.

BTW: this is the ONLY possible way development and testing and issues resolution are being properly rushed for a proper transition to the much anticipated PoST.
y_virtual

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 02:21:57 AM

wallet version 2.0.4 will likely be released this evening.

Below is a summary of the 2.0.3 issues and solutions:

1) The calculation of "n" (average network stake time weight over 1 hour (60 blocks)) is taking up the majority of the CPU calculations.
2) With n being so low and the POW coin supply so high (34M), the  Interest Rate (I) = T * 34,100,000 / n will be stuck at 10 % for years.
3) Since n is being used in the calculation of  Interest Rate (I) and Inflation Rate (T) = 17* (log(n/20))/100, I recommend fixing the interest rate at our intended target of 2%. This will reduce two calculations using "n" and will free up CPU usage.
4) Th real innovation of POST , the Time active fraction (F =cos^2(pi*g/n), g= fraction coin age) will be preserved to incentivize active staking and protect against a 51% attack.

SUMMARY of changes:
1) Remove inflation calculation and fix the interest rate at 2%
2) Change Transaction confirmations from 10 to 6

Benefits.  better inflation targeting and reduced CPU load.

OnsightIT will post more details.

BTW: this is the ONLY possible way development and testing and issues resolution are being properly rushed for a proper transition to the much anticipated PoST.
Pages: « 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 ... 302 »
  Print  

Jump to: