Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:42:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 [233] 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 ... 302 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh)  (Read 466757 times)
solarcoiner

Activity: 445
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 06:33:27 PM

Tried sending slr to bittrex and although the wallet is supposedly up and running it doesnt seem to be showing.

Anyone know whats up?

Please hold off sending any SLR until the syncing issues are resolved. Thanks!

I am fully synced and on the correct fork, any ideas or is it just a case of wait and it will all resolve itself?

If you're fully synced and on the correct chain then your coins aren't lost. Its probably a problem with bittrex's wallet. They will appear in your account once they fix the problem with their wallet
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Scalextrix

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 06:34:18 PM

I seem to be back on the long chain again, so far so good

SolarCoin Address: 8cESoZyjFvx2Deq6VjQLqPfAwu8UXjcBkK    Gridcoin Address: SAuPu8zarzQykWLGwxc6JRvW3imM8YU9wc
Pinkcoin Address: 2GTnp7oRn2i6KnuwfGaFh1Ps7RZFyDe6nH    MannaCurrency Address: GXDwi6W888jbQZ7a79GTaStxiQsYehisfi
solarcoiner

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 06:48:54 PM

Just installed the new update and reloading blockchain. I will post the results
onsightit

Activity: 308

truth=(true?true:false);

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2016, 06:57:57 PM

2.1.7.1 is ready to go.  Help->Check for Update, then let me know if you are still having issues.  Thanks, again, everyone.

-Steve

VRC: VMTMcvFjZHAshmVNLY5KYVHCTqcfEnH6Bd  SLR: 8W7D6D7rortYp51BK9MSrfripSoZWyVPVr  BTC: 1LbgAsTDtyWEGjiSaguJhJbaHBPgcMnHfP  BCC: 1Ta39PK67VXTD2xnmPNo5J9KJyBVHdYmy
solarcoiner

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 07:15:36 PM

2.1.7.1 is ready to go.  Help->Check for Update, then let me know if you are still having issues.  Thanks, again, everyone.

-Steve

I'm currently doing a completely fresh install. Will let everyone know once it's done and staking
nickgogerty

Activity: 365

Making things better with better things.

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2016, 07:39:15 PM

-Steve

I'm currently doing a completely fresh install. Will let everyone know once it's done and staking

just updated. node is now 2.1.7.1 20 connections, staking, blockheight matches and in sync with explorer.  Thanks Steve.

Solarcoin (§ SLR) are like airmiles. Each 1 Mhw generated gets you §1 free. Solarcoins can purchase what others will trade: USD,BTC, Soy candles..etc.
y_virtual

Activity: 377
Merit: 251

Note to self: it's not you doing it, it's us.

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 07:41:52 PM
Last edit: November 12, 2016, 08:10:10 PM by y_virtual

2.1.7.1 is ready to go.  Help->Check for Update, then let me know if you are still having issues.  Thanks, again, everyone.

-Steve

Now it doesn't even try to catch up - it's In Sync right after downloading the bootstrap. I will post a screenshot and a text file with the getpeerinfo. I am connecting from a cellular IP (random within the provider's range).

EDIT: will repeat the bootstrap download, just to be sure it got right.
EDIT2: Now it works! This time it did sync up to the current Explorer block height, and keeps on syncing. Will now go on to upgrade all wallets.
Thank you Steve!
onsightit

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2016, 08:11:58 PM
Last edit: November 12, 2016, 08:22:12 PM by onsightit

2.1.7.1 is ready to go.  Help->Check for Update, then let me know if you are still having issues.  Thanks, again, everyone.

-Steve

Now it doesn't even try to catch up - it's In Sync right after downloading the bootstrap. I will post a screenshot and a text file with the getpeerinfo. I am connecting from a cellular IP (random within the provider's range).

EDIT2: Now it works! This time it did sync up to the current Explorer block height, and keeps on syncing. Will now go on to upgrade all wallets.
Thank you Steve!

Yeah, I created a fresh bootstrap.zip from the master node about an hour ago so you would be almost in sync after bootstrapping.

EDIT: I'm doing some post mortum, and even have a node syncing from the genesis block. That will take a while, but I'll post anything that comes up.

EDIT2: Thanks for the tip, whoever that was. Smiley

VRC: VMTMcvFjZHAshmVNLY5KYVHCTqcfEnH6Bd  SLR: 8W7D6D7rortYp51BK9MSrfripSoZWyVPVr  BTC: 1LbgAsTDtyWEGjiSaguJhJbaHBPgcMnHfP  BCC: 1Ta39PK67VXTD2xnmPNo5J9KJyBVHdYmy
corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 08:22:38 PM

-Steve

Thank you Steve!

Yeah, I created a fresh bootstrap.zip from the master node about an hour ago so you would be almost in sync after bootstrapping.

EDIT: I'm doing some post mortum, and even have a node syncing from the genesis block. That will take a while, but I'll post anything that comes up.

Just sent you a 100 SLR tip Steve, thank you for your dedication.

solarcoiner

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 08:33:19 PM

-Steve

Thank you Steve!

Just sent you a 100 SLR tip Steve, thank you for your dedication.

Just reloaded and its still not working. This is starting to piss me off. 4 days of my time wasted.
solarcoiner

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 08:34:39 PM

-Steve

Thank you Steve!

Mine wont sync although it says in sync. Im missing about 20 blocks.
y_virtual

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 08:49:04 PM
Last edit: November 12, 2016, 09:30:31 PM by y_virtual

-Steve

Thank you Steve!

When I got back from the cellular IP to my regular LAN/WAN setup, syncing stopped altogether - it does say "In Sync" (with a new empty wallet) and would apparently start staking with a non-empty wallet. As per Steve, my regular IP may have been banned for up to 24 hours, but shouldn't it be trying to sync during the ban, instead of staying In Sync and staking at the wrong block height? This time I need to post a snapshot - back here in a few minutes.

EDIT: uploading snapshot and getpeerinfo.txt, will post links in next edit. In this case it synced up to the lowest (as of the connection time) block height of all current connections. Or may be it has been doing exactly so in my previous observations, too? In any case, it's not (even trying to) syncing to the highest current block height.
EDIT2:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/b0my1o5ots6wcll/NotUpToDateButInSync.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xgmpb3srp8flfkk/getpeerinfo.txt?dl=0

btw looks like there is already a fork from 1456166 on... it's now at 1456176

onsightit

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2016, 09:10:55 PM

-Steve

Thank you Steve!

When I got back from the cellular IP to my regular LAN/WAN setup, syncing stopped altogether - it does say "In Sync" (with a new empty wallet) and would apparently start staking with a non-empty wallet. As per Steve, my regular IP may have been banned for up to 24 hours, but shouldn't it be trying to sync during the ban, instead of staying In Sync and staking at the wrong block height? This time I need to post a snapshot - back here in a few minutes.

Let me delete the peers.dat on the master node and see if that helps some of you that may be banned.  I'll edit this post when done...

EDIT: Done.

solarcoiner, can you PM me your debug.log file?

y_virtual

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 09:47:23 PM
Last edit: November 12, 2016, 10:05:56 PM by y_virtual

-Steve

Thank you Steve!

Let me delete the peers.dat on the master node and see if that helps some of you that may be banned.  I'll edit this post when done...

OK, I will try it now, but this current logic would still leave the possibility for any IP that gets banned to fork since it will stay In Sync & Staking instead of just hanging in a Syncing state until the ban expires. Or may be that would't be an issue later on? Still the possibility remains that anyone newly connected and syncing will have the (bad) chance to sync to a banned IP and join that fork.

EDIT: Just re-loaded the blockchain from the bootstrap, synced to 1456166... took it a while waiting for 94 more blocks, but eventually decided it's In Sync at 1456166.
onsightit

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2016, 10:16:14 PM

-Steve

Thank you Steve!

OK, I will try it now, but this current logic would still leave the possibility for any IP that gets banned to fork since it will stay In Sync & Staking instead of just hanging in a Syncing state until the ban expires. Or may be that would't be an issue later on? Still the possibility remains that anyone newly connected and syncing will have the (bad) chance to sync to a banned IP and join that fork.

EDIT: Just re-loaded the blockchain from the bootstrap, synced to 1456166... took it a while waiting for 94 more blocks, but eventually decided it's In Sync at 1456166.

While I am currently researching the problem (I believe there are still too many forked 2.1.7 nodes, even though 2.1.1 is being successfully blocked), could everyone that is not on the block displayed by CryptoID do the following:

1. Shutdown your wallet.
2. Delete peers.dat.
3. Verify that solarcoin.conf only has the master node: addnode=162.243.214.120
4. Restart the wallet.
5. Reload the Blockchain.

I have just created a fresh bootstrap from the master node.  The reason you stop several blocks short of the longest chain is because the fork you are on is not generating blocks, or doing so slowly.  If you can get past that chain, you should be good.

-Steve

EDIT: 2.1.7 still outnumbers 2.1.7.1 almost 5 to 1, so we need to get more nodes to update.

solarcoiner

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 10:21:25 PM

I'm done for tonight. Already shut down my PC. Unfortunately I need to get up early tomorrow.
I have tried everything I can like 5x already. On top of that it takes twice as long on the intel pc stick so it's really annoying to have to uninstall/install the Wallet and delete/download the blockchain...
The Wallet won't even let me reload the blockchain from the bootstrap now for some reason.

When I have time tomorrow I will try again and I will PM you my debog.log file.

Thank you for your efforts
onsightit

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2016, 10:25:07 PM

I'm done for tonight. Already shut down my PC. Unfortunately I need to get up early tomorrow.
I have tried everything I can like 5x already. On top of that it takes twice as long on the intel pc stick so it's really annoying to have to uninstall/install the Wallet and delete/download the blockchain...
The Wallet won't even let me reload the blockchain from the bootstrap now for some reason.

Thanks for hanging in there.   No need to reinstall, just stop, delete peers.dat, restart, and reload blockchain.

But if you don't mind, please shutdown your wallet if it is forked. Thanks.

PS: You may have been trying to reload the blockchain while it was being created.

solarcoiner

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 10:40:25 PM

Thanks for hanging in there.   No need to reinstall, just stop, delete peers.dat, restart, and reload blockchain.

PS: You may have been trying to reload the blockchain while it was being created.

Giving it one last try right now since I was probably trying to reload while you updated the bootstrap like you said. I deleted all the blockchain data and its reloading now. If it doesn't work I will obviously shut it off before I got to sleep.

Thanks for the effort and hope to get this resolved soon

Edit: Just one last question:

For some reason I try to reload from the bootstrap and the window just randomly disappears so now it's loading from scratch... Can I let it load like this or do I need the bootstrap? (I only have the master node in my config file)

onsightit

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2016, 10:46:53 PM

Giving it one last try right now since I was probably trying to reload while you updated the bootstrap like you said. I deleted all the blockchain data and its reloading now. If it doesn't work I will obviously shut it off before I got to sleep.

Thanks for the effort and hope to get this resolved soon

Edit: Just one last question:

For some reason I try to reload from the bootstrap and the window just randomly disappears so now it's loading from scratch... Can I let it load like this or do I need the bootstrap? (I only have the master node in my config file)

Sometimes, if the PC is under load, it appears that the window just suddenly disappears without completing the extraction, but the wallet should restart fine.

solarcoiner

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 10:47:59 PM

My wallet doesnt seem to be updating with new blocks. When i scroll over the icon at the bottom right it says : xxxxx bocks downloaded out of 1456310 (But new blocks are rolling in on the block explorer). My wallet is still syncing but it doesn't seem to update with the blockchain. It basically says that the block height is at 1456310 and its not updating

Edit: It just updated to 1456312
Can anyone confirm that this is the correct chain?
Pages: « 1 ... 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 [233] 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 ... 302 »
  Print  

Jump to: