Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:01:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 [263] 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh)  (Read 466748 times)
redwhite037

Activity: 560
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 02:23:54 AM

Yay, Cryptonick posted, the price is bound to rise again.  Grin

gotta love that FUD juju! Always works against you haha!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
lamden

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2017, 02:36:42 AM

Ok, sweet. How are you going to prove that someone is legitimately producing solar power and not faking it? I don't see much tech here.
corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 05:01:03 AM

Ok, sweet. How are you going to prove that someone is legitimately producing solar power and not faking it? I don't see much tech here.

A lot of it is in French.

redwhite037

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 04:48:59 PM

There is a verification process. When you apply for solarcoin grants, you must upload: Third Party Generator Facility Documentation Proof of Use (Must Show Facility Address, Nameplate Capacity and Claimant Name. This is used to verify the existence and to assign a unique ID to the location.) Additionally, you need to submit a link to the website of the solar facility monitoring software.
redwhite037

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 05:39:38 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwqAEPRt3kA
Vyazhan

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 08:36:20 PM

This coin is very much alive Check us out here.

Join Solarcoin Slack
https://solarcoin.org/en/solarcoin-forum

As noted a few pages before, I can't find the INVITE link there, only the login link...

I can send you an invite just pm your email.

Can't you guys fix the link on the website instead so everyone interested can participate in the future without needing to ask for permission? Smiley Or is this to not have any scammers join?
CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 12:03:32 AM

Not meant as FUD, SolarCoin is one of my favorite coins. If Bitcoin goes to 1 million and SLR goes to 1 Sat then this means FIAT has a slim chance to recover. This puts SLR at 1 penny per coin and SLR is 25 cents right now. That is only a small drop at that point and completely recoverable by any investor by hedging at 1 sat, then it can move up later.  Also you have the capability for Bitcoin to go to 2 million as Hyperinflation will ravage economies that did not get in to Bitcoin soon enough. The value of all currency starts pouring into Bitcoin and all Alt coins will not be able to sustain other than artificially pumping as people sell out and groups retain them and pump. So SLR could boost also and not stay at 1 Satoshi. I hope you realize that ETH must pump since it is paired with FIAT at Coinbase. Do you think someone will give you 1 Dollar real money and not retain the value for what they paid? Anyone buying at $300 paid for the banks to offset their expenditure.

The problem comes from needing to sell to FIAT. There needs to be a Magic number and it should be the Wholesale cost of Power. This is where the market should actually be at but there is no reason to buy SLR and sustain it there along with the leaky ceiling of Claims that can rain down on the market. If the coin were to leave the economy as Bitcoin there is no reason to buy SLR other than trying to take profit and this will always do the dead cat bounce especially when the top end is the actual cost of Power vs the draining of the leaky ceiling leaving to Bitcoin.

By Pegging the Coin at Wholesale Power and allowing people to spend their coin at that level by trading it internally would allow an economy to grow and real value to sustain.

Granted Bitcoin going to a million seems far-fetched, but with the looming Bank Bail-In's from a Quadrillion dollar call on the Derivative market you can see the Sands of time are pouring to match the quadrillion grains of market gains banks wish to take from the world.
passionsurf

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 02:14:06 AM

Not meant as FUD, SolarCoin is one of my favorite coins. If Bitcoin goes to 1 million and SLR goes to 1 Sat then this means FIAT has a slim chance to recover. This puts SLR at 1 penny per coin and SLR is 25 cents right now. That is only a small drop at that point and completely recoverable by any investor by hedging at 1 sat, then it can move up later.  Also you have the capability for Bitcoin to go to 2 million as Hyperinflation will ravage economies that did not get in to Bitcoin soon enough. The value of all currency starts pouring into Bitcoin and all Alt coins will not be able to sustain other than artificially pumping as people sell out and groups retain them and pump. So SLR could boost also and not stay at 1 Satoshi. I hope you realize that ETH must pump since it is paired with FIAT at Coinbase. Do you think someone will give you 1 Dollar real money and not retain the value for what they paid? Anyone buying at $300 paid for the banks to offset their expenditure.

The problem comes from needing to sell to FIAT. There needs to be a Magic number and it should be the Wholesale cost of Power. This is where the market should actually be at but there is no reason to buy SLR and sustain it there along with the leaky ceiling of Claims that can rain down on the market. If the coin were to leave the economy as Bitcoin there is no reason to buy SLR other than trying to take profit and this will always do the dead cat bounce especially when the top end is the actual cost of Power vs the draining of the leaky ceiling leaving to Bitcoin.

By Pegging the Coin at Wholesale Power and allowing people to spend their coin at that level by trading it internally would allow an economy to grow and real value to sustain.

Granted Bitcoin going to a million seems far-fetched, but with the looming Bank Bail-In's from a Quadrillion dollar call on the Derivative market you can see the Sands of time are pouring to match the quadrillion grains of market gains banks wish to take from the world.

You said it yourself "bitcoin going to a million seems far-fetched." And it seems even more far-fetched to see solarcoin go to 1 sat, EVEN if bitcoin does hit a million. Your assumption therefore is based on MULTIPLE far-fetched occurrences, the likelihood of both occurring is very very very small.
passionsurf

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 02:22:00 AM

This coin is very much alive Check us out here.

Join Solarcoin Slack
https://solarcoin.org/en/solarcoin-forum

As noted a few pages before, I can't find the INVITE link there, only the login link...

I can send you an invite just pm your email.

Can't you guys fix the link on the website instead so everyone interested can participate in the future without needing to ask for permission? Smiley Or is this to not have any scammers join?

It used to be open invite, not sure why or when it changed, but my guess is that it might be to help keep the spammers out. I have seen a couple spam posts on the slack recently about unrelated ICO's.
corather
Legendary

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 07:49:30 AM
Last edit: October 01, 2017, 10:16:44 AM by corather

Not meant as FUD, SolarCoin is one of my favorite coins. If Bitcoin goes to 1 million and SLR goes to 1 Sat then this means FIAT has a slim chance to recover. This puts SLR at 1 penny per coin and SLR is 25 cents right now. That is only a small drop at that point and completely recoverable by any investor by hedging at 1 sat, then it can move up later.  Also you have the capability for Bitcoin to go to 2 million as Hyperinflation will ravage economies that did not get in to Bitcoin soon enough. The value of all currency starts pouring into Bitcoin and all Alt coins will not be able to sustain other than artificially pumping as people sell out and groups retain them and pump. So SLR could boost also and not stay at 1 Satoshi. I hope you realize that ETH must pump since it is paired with FIAT at Coinbase. Do you think someone will give you 1 Dollar real money and not retain the value for what they paid? Anyone buying at $300 paid for the banks to offset their expenditure.

Bitcoin will not rise to a million dollars in our lifetime or our children's lifetimes. That would put Bitoin at a 116 trillion dollar market cap, how in the world is that even possible, that's nearly 10 times the GDP of the United States. And nearly the GDP of the entire world. The likelihood of that happening is next to zero in the short, medium and even long term.

SLR represents 1 MW/h of solar energy produced, but it doesn't represent 1 MW/h of available stored solar energy. It's original sole (if you'll excuse the pun) intent is to prove that solar energy is being produced and rewarded for producing clean energy. The rewards value is partially based on this feedback loop, it doesn't require any fiat like backing.

metalron

Activity: 122
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 06:41:51 AM

SLR has become such a shitcoin. Every pump ends in a even bigger dump. I should have listened to cryptonick when I had the chance.
Don't get too exited for nothing.
Someone has been buying and selling his own stash for years now on bittrex.
I actually feel really bad for whoever is doing this. If you watch the market closely you can see how he buys his own stash to increase the volume.
In reality whoever is doing this is just giving away fees to bittrex. There is no other winner. This guy must be the worst trader ever lol.
And once he realises how much he has lost on fees, and decides to finally dump his stash, the price will most probably crash to nearly nothing. I'm glad I got out and I hope this serves as a warning to most people here.

Seems like your analogy is only I think only considering SLR against BTC? have you put any thought about people comparing it to USD prices? or their actual BTC buy in points? I have seen a bunch of people look at things negatively but wasn't SLR hovering for a long time at 1500-3k sat when BTC was at the 400-700 USD range? and now we are at SLR and BTC being much higher. Regardless of how great a project might seem, it's also wise to cash out some profits Cheesy Always factor the unexpected variable, like a new tech that maybe makes BTC look really small in comparison; like how BTC makes fiat look? or like an alien invasion this afternoon that would probably make all markets crash instantly unless the aliens start trading BTC or something Cheesy
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 02:17:25 PM

Solarcoin has many things in the works. The wallet upgrade will make way for Copay integration. Then they can reach out to the monitoring companys to set up there customers.

And once lykke is approved in the USA Solarcoin will be in reach of many people who currently are shut out. Most people not vast in crypto knowledge do not want to mess with Bittrex as they feel its to complicated.
CryptoNick
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 08:11:47 PM

You said it yourself "bitcoin going to a million seems far-fetched." And it seems even more far-fetched to see solarcoin go to 1 sat, EVEN if bitcoin does hit a million. Your assumption therefore is based on MULTIPLE far-fetched occurrences, the likelihood of both occurring is very very very small.

You are thinking of 1 million dollars as being expensive. When currencies collapse 1 million dollars is nothing, especially when it takes wheel barrels full to buy a loaf of bread. So currencies have never collapsed in your opinion making this Far-Fetched. This is why it seems that way to you. It doesn't to me. Did you realize there was a Quadrillion dollar call on the open derivative market?
CryptoNick
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 08:28:35 PM

Not meant as FUD, SolarCoin is one of my favorite coins. If Bitcoin goes to 1 million and SLR goes to 1 Sat then this means FIAT has a slim chance to recover. This puts SLR at 1 penny per coin and SLR is 25 cents right now. That is only a small drop at that point and completely recoverable by any investor by hedging at 1 sat, then it can move up later.  Also you have the capability for Bitcoin to go to 2 million as Hyperinflation will ravage economies that did not get in to Bitcoin soon enough. The value of all currency starts pouring into Bitcoin and all Alt coins will not be able to sustain other than artificially pumping as people sell out and groups retain them and pump. So SLR could boost also and not stay at 1 Satoshi. I hope you realize that ETH must pump since it is paired with FIAT at Coinbase. Do you think someone will give you 1 Dollar real money and not retain the value for what they paid? Anyone buying at $300 paid for the banks to offset their expenditure.

Bitcoin will not rise to a million dollars in our lifetime or our children's lifetimes. That would put Bitoin at a 116 trillion dollar market cap, how in the world is that even possible, that's nearly 10 times the GDP of the United States. And nearly the GDP of the entire world. The likelihood of that happening is next to zero in the short, medium and even long term.

SLR represents 1 MW/h of solar energy produced, but it doesn't represent 1 MW/h of available stored solar energy. It's original sole (if you'll excuse the pun) intent is to prove that solar energy is being produced and rewarded for producing clean energy. The rewards value is partially based on this feedback loop, it doesn't require any fiat like backing.

There was a Quadrillion dollar call on the open derivative market. It may be closer to 2 Quadrillion now. 22 Times Global GDP. Do you think it will just go away? I suppose if you didn't know about the derivatives you would be in the dark on how this could occur globally.

The production of energy is the wholesale cost of power. 1MW is produced so the Wholesale PEG would be relative to reward SLR users at that level.

Fiat is always backing if SLR is paired to Bitcoin. This is the only loop that makes it worth something to anyone and why they would claim. If the Claimer just sells their SLR to get Bitcoin they say thanks and goodbye to the SLR economy. Do you think they will sell and buy back in higher? So why would anyone BUY SLR? It is only meant to claim inside your feedback loop. So there must be some Altruistic visionary people with a lot of money who grant their Bitcoin to give to claimers. There is no reason to buy inside this feedback loop you talk about.

Like I said before, Bitcoin is the Tow-Truck spewing black exhaust doing 100MPH on the freeway towing the SLR Hybrid that ran out of energy trying to keep up.
bgmc

Activity: 145

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 09:59:22 PM

Solarcoin has many things in the works. The wallet upgrade will make way for Copay integration. Then they can reach out to the monitoring companys to set up there customers.

And once lykke is approved in the USA Solarcoin will be in reach of many people who currently are shut out. Most people not vast in crypto knowledge do not want to mess with Bittrex as they feel its to complicated.

This is all good news for the future of Solarcoin. I'm excited to see what happens over the next few quarters!
bgmc

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 10:11:38 PM

@ CryptoNick, you've said you already sold all your solarcoin so why bother continuing to post in this thread? You are already out and done with this coin, so what do you hope to accomplish by posting here? Give it a rest. We don't need your negativity around here, especially for a project that is attempting to do some good for humanity.
corather
Legendary

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 10:14:01 PM

There was a Quadrillion dollar call on the open derivative market. It may be closer to 2 Quadrillion now. 22 Times Global GDP. Do you think it will just go away? I suppose if you didn't know about the derivatives you would be in the dark on how this could occur globally.

The production of energy is the wholesale cost of power. 1MW is produced so the Wholesale PEG would be relative to reward SLR users at that level.

Fiat is always backing if SLR is paired to Bitcoin. This is the only loop that makes it worth something to anyone and why they would claim. If the Claimer just sells their SLR to get Bitcoin they say thanks and goodbye to the SLR economy. Do you think they will sell and buy back in higher? So why would anyone BUY SLR? It is only meant to claim inside your feedback loop. So there must be some Altruistic visionary people with a lot of money who grant their Bitcoin to give to claimers. There is no reason to buy inside this feedback loop you talk about.

Like I said before, Bitcoin is the Tow-Truck spewing black exhaust doing 100MPH on the freeway towing the SLR Hybrid that ran out of energy trying to keep up.

Hyperinflation is not going to occur on a global level, there are too many stop gaps in place for that to ever happen. Cash will always be king, because it works when nothing else does. Your idealism is just that.

CryptoNick
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 10:45:58 PM

@ CryptoNick, you've said you already sold all your solarcoin so why bother continuing to post in this thread? You are already out and done with this coin, so what do you hope to accomplish by posting here? Give it a rest. We don't need your negativity around here, especially for a project that is attempting to do some good for humanity.

Ok I will stop posting positive solutions too. Take care and best of luck to Solarcoin.
bgmc

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 12:54:50 AM

Ok I will stop posting positive solutions too. Take care and best of luck to Solarcoin.

I admit that you did have some interesting ideas that you posted over a month ago, but the last week or two all of those ideas went down the drain as you started calling this coin a shitcoin that is going to 1 satoshi. I'm sorry you've become frustrated. But this is a 40-year project and it is still in the early stages. There are many of us here that are still believing for a bright future with this project. It is one of the very few coins from the 2014 altcoin boom that is still alive and growing.
redwhite037

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 03:39:46 AM

Here is a recent article about Solarcoin for the Spanish-speakers:
http://www.lacapital.com.ar/economia/la-economia-circular-y-un-nuevo-modelo-energetico-n1479642.html
Pages: « 1 ... 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 [263] 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 »
  Print  

Jump to: