Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:13:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 [275] 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh)  (Read 466757 times)
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 03:46:01 AM

Great job!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 06:28:40 AM

Big step forward for us today!
In our version 2 datalogger, we successfully KYD hashed the physical electrical measurement parameters of an in-line current sensor with the SLR blockchain in a concatenation anchor hash. This adds security to our datalogger at the grid edge. The datalogger is running 3 operating systems.

Many thanks!
Yours in the sun!
-lfloorwalker
[/quote]

I love this!

CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 01:17:27 PM

The only thing that keeps me from investing in this coin is the shitload of coins that is called 'total supply'. 98B? Really? Can someone give me 1 good reason why to buy? Price will keep going down when they release all the coins right?

Coins are released over time with claims, there's a 40 year timetable that we're about 3 years in right now.

The increase of circulation of coin is tied to increase of claimants. Growing network is source of value. There are people who called Solarcoin SCAM 3 years ago for the amount for premine. Do your own research.

...plus to further emphasize and clarify, that an increase of claimants = increase in value, thus as more coins are added to circulation, then the value of this coin actually increases (due to increasing number of users). This is vastly different than with bitcoin or litecoin because with these coins, it only takes a single user to mine/release ALL of the coins into circulation. But with solarcoin, the coins will only be substantially released when there is a substantial increase in the number of users, thus value inherently increases along with the increasing circulation. In other words, the only way we will ever see 98 billion SLR actually in circulation is if there are more users of Solarcoin then there are current users of bitcoin. And can you imagine what the SLR price might be by that point?

It goes so much further too. Just realize the power usage of Bitcoin vs power creation at 98B is staggering! Bitcoin drains power, Solarcoin helps generate power. Bitcoin controls Solarcoin but when Bitcoin becomes too controlled and centralized there are Alt coins ready to take its place. What if all Bitcoin flowed into one alt coin. Would be massive price adjustment. The profit taking would be astounding and could flow back into Bitcoin but if it stabilizes and stays in Solarcoin then it incentivizes Solar and gets people involved in Crypto and can sustain themselves off grid. Just by doing what they would normally do off grid but now linked to the Blockchain through Solarcoin.

If people took all the hardware they purchased to mine Bitcoin and had invested in Solar I think the entire world would be powered by the sun by now. lol

So now realize that the only way to really make money now in Bitcoin is Alt coins and you get in on the ground floor. What are you going to do buy more Bitcoin and wait for it to double? If you just got into Crypto you now are in a precarious position. Buy 1 Bitcoin at $8000 you must sell at $9000 and wait for it to go back to $8000 to rebuy. Then it goes to 10,000 instead. Maybe you held till 10,000. When will you sell? Wait for 20K? How is that going to work out if you just hold on to the coin? Maybe it goes up to a million just don't sell any time soon. But now with Solarcoin you back a network and get the chance to grow exponentially. If every holder of Bitcoin invested they would see how powerful alts can be, then they may not need to go back to Bitcoin.

The speculative flows of crypto as so insane and fast now. Yesterday I literally was doing a report and soldering, then I looked back at PIVX and the price moved 70-80% in about 1 hour. These PnD flows are very quick.
I think it might only get worse in the short term? What's your opinion on it cryptoNick?

Many thanks!
Yours in the sun!
-lfloorwalker

It will only get worse and larger swings. To sustain the marketcap of Bitcoin while allowing people to cash out created a crazy disparity of positions where some exit now others must hold long and hedge like mad when the large swing comes along. Funny how it is now at 10K and I wrote this a few days ago. Seems like the profits made from these swings are used to pump the BTC market.

It was great for merchants that accepted Bitcoin initially but those just getting in may hesitate to accept due to their costs of good and profits being eroded in an afternoon possibly. A business can't sustain this volatility unless they can also go long and have the reserves, or they have enough volume at each level to balance out. It is very finicky since you may have more volume at the higher levels than lower also. People hold for profit then spend for leverage.

BTC is now meant for storing value now at $10 per transaction. No way to buy a cup of coffee. So Alts will have their place always...

The MarketCap seems way too high for its useage right now. Can industry use Bitcoin to buy raw materials? I guess they could profit from it and buy sure. But most are locked into distro channels of Fiat. So how is this type of MarketCap even feasible? The Power consumption? ASIC Mining expenditure? Now on the other hand if the powers that be would just place their Bitcoin in a wall on the exchanges at 10K the market could stabilize and PEG. They could swing with inflation or smaller margins to make Bitcoin more like a currency. Then the math is easier too lol. The price could glide up then at a decent tick and mimic an excellent CD. Although this is possibly what is planned for when BTC is at 100K. It is going to be a crazy ride! Lets hope it is SLR powered by then!
terciops

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 12:34:30 AM

I drive a Prius - do I get coins?

I have 2 x Prius - one is an original 2001 model (NWH11) that is still going strong @ 270,000kms (albeit on its' second battery) - now named Lazarus ('cos it will not die Smiley)  The other is a much newer Prius C that is hardly used at the moment as the Memsahib and I try to run Lazarus into submission.

My day to day car that I love the most is a LEAF that I  charge with excess solar most days in the summer at least.  This is effectively free travel, but I am annoyed that I have to lift the bonnet every couple of weeks to add washer fluid Smiley

I also created a solar diverter  to fight back against the loss of FIT (Feed In Tariff) - PALADIN.  The hardware is relatively simple - the firmware / software - not so much.  But everyone needs a hobby ....

You can see PALADIN in operation in real time at my house on 'YouTube' by searching for ' PALADIN DESKTOP'.   There is an explanation of the AI / Autopilot element on there also.  (PALADIN.NZ) has more details.

I can make PALADIN write its' data stream to the SLR blockchain - but I don't really see the point at the moment.  Later it might well be a sensible way of combining the 'medium data' from an individual unit to 'huge data' from many, rather than use a server side process.  We shall see what the new wallet code looks like.

T

SLR - 8dNrncD6mBWzPPQLMRqmk9oCxoC9N7Xfev
Daluxx

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 09:07:17 PM

In our version 2 datalogger, we successfully KYD hashed the physical electrical measurement parameters of an in-line current sensor with the SLR blockchain in a concatenation anchor hash. This adds security to our datalogger at the grid edge. The datalogger is running 3 operating systems.

Many thanks!
Yours in the sun!
-lfloorwalker
[/quote]

Sounds really good, congrats! Keep your good work up. Community will support you.
lfloorwalker

Activity: 224
Merit: 150

solcrypto.com

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2017, 01:08:15 PM

Thanks, today we also realized that we can add a front end to the RPC calls.
But maybe people are already doing that with Raspberry Pi's? Or with the upcoming Copay wallet. Most welcome to join us on the telegram channel too for technical discussions.

Cheers.
-lfloorwalker

|Solcrypto|ElectriCChain| SLR Tips: 8Hocu8s8u8FFAyh5ev2qsNmLZYgeiVToHi
lfloorwalker

solcrypto.com

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2017, 01:09:20 PM

The only thing that keeps me from investing in this coin is the shitload of coins that is called 'total supply'. 98B? Really? Can someone give me 1 good reason why to buy? Price will keep going down when they release all the coins right?

Coins are released over time with claims, there's a 40 year timetable that we're about 3 years in right now.

The increase of circulation of coin is tied to increase of claimants. Growing network is source of value. There are people who called Solarcoin SCAM 3 years ago for the amount for premine. Do your own research.

...plus to further emphasize and clarify, that an increase of claimants = increase in value, thus as more coins are added to circulation, then the value of this coin actually increases (due to increasing number of users). This is vastly different than with bitcoin or litecoin because with these coins, it only takes a single user to mine/release ALL of the coins into circulation. But with solarcoin, the coins will only be substantially released when there is a substantial increase in the number of users, thus value inherently increases along with the increasing circulation. In other words, the only way we will ever see 98 billion SLR actually in circulation is if there are more users of Solarcoin then there are current users of bitcoin. And can you imagine what the SLR price might be by that point?

It goes so much further too. Just realize the power usage of Bitcoin vs power creation at 98B is staggering! Bitcoin drains power, Solarcoin helps generate power. Bitcoin controls Solarcoin but when Bitcoin becomes too controlled and centralized there are Alt coins ready to take its place. What if all Bitcoin flowed into one alt coin. Would be massive price adjustment. The profit taking would be astounding and could flow back into Bitcoin but if it stabilizes and stays in Solarcoin then it incentivizes Solar and gets people involved in Crypto and can sustain themselves off grid. Just by doing what they would normally do off grid but now linked to the Blockchain through Solarcoin.

If people took all the hardware they purchased to mine Bitcoin and had invested in Solar I think the entire world would be powered by the sun by now. lol

So now realize that the only way to really make money now in Bitcoin is Alt coins and you get in on the ground floor. What are you going to do buy more Bitcoin and wait for it to double? If you just got into Crypto you now are in a precarious position. Buy 1 Bitcoin at $8000 you must sell at $9000 and wait for it to go back to $8000 to rebuy. Then it goes to 10,000 instead. Maybe you held till 10,000. When will you sell? Wait for 20K? How is that going to work out if you just hold on to the coin? Maybe it goes up to a million just don't sell any time soon. But now with Solarcoin you back a network and get the chance to grow exponentially. If every holder of Bitcoin invested they would see how powerful alts can be, then they may not need to go back to Bitcoin.

The speculative flows of crypto as so insane and fast now. Yesterday I literally was doing a report and soldering, then I looked back at PIVX and the price moved 70-80% in about 1 hour. These PnD flows are very quick.
I think it might only get worse in the short term? What's your opinion on it cryptoNick?

Many thanks!
Yours in the sun!
-lfloorwalker

It will only get worse and larger swings. To sustain the marketcap of Bitcoin while allowing people to cash out created a crazy disparity of positions where some exit now others must hold long and hedge like mad when the large swing comes along. Funny how it is now at 10K and I wrote this a few days ago. Seems like the profits made from these swings are used to pump the BTC market.

It was great for merchants that accepted Bitcoin initially but those just getting in may hesitate to accept due to their costs of good and profits being eroded in an afternoon possibly. A business can't sustain this volatility unless they can also go long and have the reserves, or they have enough volume at each level to balance out. It is very finicky since you may have more volume at the higher levels than lower also. People hold for profit then spend for leverage.

BTC is now meant for storing value now at $10 per transaction. No way to buy a cup of coffee. So Alts will have their place always...

The MarketCap seems way too high for its useage right now. Can industry use Bitcoin to buy raw materials? I guess they could profit from it and buy sure. But most are locked into distro channels of Fiat. So how is this type of MarketCap even feasible? The Power consumption? ASIC Mining expenditure? Now on the other hand if the powers that be would just place their Bitcoin in a wall on the exchanges at 10K the market could stabilize and PEG. They could swing with inflation or smaller margins to make Bitcoin more like a currency. Then the math is easier too lol. The price could glide up then at a decent tick and mimic an excellent CD. Although this is possibly what is planned for when BTC is at 100K. It is going to be a crazy ride! Lets hope it is SLR powered by then!

Really good insights here!

lfloorwalker

solcrypto.com

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2017, 01:10:31 PM

Many thanks!
Yours in the sun!
-lfloorwalker

I love this!
[/quote]

Thanks sir! Wow has it been 3 years already in the amazing SolarCoin journey? Only 37 left...

Cheers,
-lfloorwalker

sylph93

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 04:06:05 AM

What is the newly added function or improvement of new version wallet? AFAIK, it is based on up-to-date BTC core.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Delphinus

Activity: 560
Merit: 112

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 12:19:58 PM

To bad Power Ledger took off and not SLR. It does show the potential  Smiley

redwhite037

Merit: 102

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 05:29:57 PM

To bad Power Ledger took off and not SLR. It does show the potential  Smiley

Power Ledger is brand new and exciting. All new and exciting coins take off at first, but then people start getting bored and looking for other coins. SLR has been around for years and has become relatively stable with consistent stable growth. If you're looking for a good long-term investment, SLR is a good choice.
bobq

Activity: 1148
Merit: 307

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 01:22:29 AM

Many thanks!
Yours in the sun!
-lfloorwalker
[/quote]

This looks really impressive! I am happy to have a few coins from 2014 when I have been mining it with my little GPU card... Smiley

sylph93

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 11:17:05 AM

SolarCoin had good marketing effect by PBC happening. In spite of big pump and dump last month, SLR is slowly and steady recovering its price momentum. The trading volume and price of Bittrex looks very healthy. I hope to see SLR over 10K sat again. Make SLR great again. Smiley

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
lfloorwalker

solcrypto.com

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2017, 12:59:09 AM

Looks great, but how do I use it??

The protocol? SolarCoin? Or Know-Your-Device (KYD) configuration?

Thanks
-lfloorwalker

p.s. meme contest for december is running, win 50 SLR sponsored by Solcrypto.

NickCrypto

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 01:40:28 AM

Great Chart Gallery of SolarCoin on BitScreener : https://bitscreener.com/coins/solarcoin/chart_gallery

Daluxx

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 03:54:00 PM

Looks great, but how do I use it??

The protocol? SolarCoin? Or Know-Your-Device (KYD) configuration?

Thanks
-lfloorwalker

p.s. meme contest for december is running, win 50 SLR sponsored by Solcrypto.

Could you tell me more about the Know your devise configuration? I read that today the first time. And what is the meme contest about? Where can I find such information about Solarcoin? Thank you in advance.
redwhite037

Merit: 102

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 02:09:54 AM

https://techcrunch.com/2017/12/04/the-sun-exchange-funds-solar-installations-with-micro-investments-and-bitcoin/

https://www.tradingview.com/chart/SLRBTC/Zfp43Uje-SLRBTC-ready-for-breakout/
solarcoiner

Activity: 445
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 10:40:58 AM

haha nice on redwhite037! Called that like a boss. Im glad i dumped all of mine. no bad feelings. fuck this coin lol
solarcoiner

Activity: 445
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 10:51:01 AM

solarcoin will never go over 10000sat again!
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 03:47:05 PM

haha nice on redwhite037! Called that like a boss. Im glad i dumped all of mine. no bad feelings. fuck this coin lol

I just wanted to thank you for your username it helps promote Solarcoin the more you bash.
Pages: « 1 ... 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 [275] 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 »
  Print  

Jump to: