Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:48:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 [281] 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh)  (Read 466757 times)
terciops

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 07:42:25 PM

Solarcoin Slack Now Has 1,500 members! Congrats!

https://solarcoin-group.slack.com

And another milestone - however transitory...

SLR went to 6920 as of writing = US$1.15.  There is the dollar breakthrough.  Long may it last.

Actually we have seen a lot of the weak knees 'players' flushed out of the SLR pool over the past few months.  There is a fairly steep SELL wall at 7000 sat, so that will be the next group of 'day traders' cashing in.

Even as I write that wall was flushed and now stands at 7500 sat.  This is probably a P&D but interesting to watch.  Certainly unless we have a large defector the P&D traders will be buying / selling to themselves.  More profit for Bitrex.

Pass the popcorn Smiley

T

SLR - 8dNrncD6mBWzPPQLMRqmk9oCxoC9N7Xfev

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
biodieselchris

Activity: 579
Merit: 500

CoinQuacker

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2018, 09:06:02 PM

solarcoin is doing well. This has been a good coin for several years now. If the names "rockrabbit" and/or "fabula" mean anything to you, then you know how far back that goes...

Grin Wink

we need more solar in the world and the rate we need to be adding it needs to accelerate greatly.

dejan_p

Activity: 132
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 09:43:02 PM

i think that it's investors going through charts looking for decent coins that haven't been pumped, with a small market cap, etc..
anyways it's a good thing for solarcoin - can't wait to see what will happen in few years when solar energy becomes even more popular
sylph93

Activity: 546

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 10:59:02 PM

Congratulation! SolarCoin community.
Now, SLR just has passed the gravity zone and entered 1$ level successfully.
To the Sun!  Grin

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
daniobg

Activity: 232
Merit: 105

Solarcoin.org

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2018, 03:24:04 AM

haha nice on redwhite037! Called that like a boss. Im glad i dumped all of mine. no bad feelings. fuck this coin lol

solarcoin will never go over 10000sat again!

Where are you now u little piece of sh*t???

SolarCoin – A Global Rewards Program For Solar Electricity Generation       ElectriCChain – The Solar Energy Blockchain Project Site For Climate Change
Solcrypto – A Future Powered By Solar Energy                  

Feel free to tip me!  BTC: 1EGsKEd9gxGVnNKg6hkXREHqGVbirqAUYr   SLR: 8GnTPXj9fAH5xe1247c4MaQxMiQEP5MD7d
corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 05:32:47 AM

Be professional guys. Please.

javkot

Activity: 113
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 05:54:48 AM

have to admit, daniobg posted my thoughts exactly, but I didn't want to be the one to gloat. I think all of us have won some and lost some in market, and none of us REALLY knows what is going to happen ... other than the FACT that solarcoin IS going to hit 50000 sat, but other than that I DONT know what will happen haha!
sylph93

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 06:48:20 AM

Yes, arbitrage between Bittrex and Lykke thing is professional.
When SLR on the bull run, the price gap between exchanges makes good chance to arbitrage.
I'm waiting for spread!!!  Grin

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
terciops

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 06:23:32 PM

When SLR on the bull run, the price gap between exchanges makes good chance to arbitrage.
I'm waiting for spread!!!  Grin

Concur in full.  

Up to $2 this morning and every sign of some stability.  A good amount of movement, so some wallets are unloading, but that is a good thing when done with moderation.

SLR is a thin market and can be easily ramped both ways.  However having more wallets is definitely a good thing, so this increased activity with a relentless ramp up is as good as it gets.  However, beware the Ides of Hubris (to mortally mangle a metaphor).

Enjoy the ride and by all means savour that uniquely private sensation of Schadenfreude (that only works in German) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schadenfreude, but never, ever, gloat.   Victory is its' own reward.  

T

javkot

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 07:15:35 PM
Last edit: January 07, 2018, 09:54:46 PM by javkot

Concur in full.  

Up to $2 this morning and every sign of some stability.  A good amount of movement, so some wallets are unloading, but that is a good thing when done with moderation.

SLR is a thin market and can be easily ramped both ways.  However having more wallets is definitely a good thing, so this increased activity with a relentless ramp up is as good as it gets.  However, beware the Ides of Hubris (to mortally mangle a metaphor).

Enjoy the ride and by all means savour that uniquely private sensation of Schadenfreude (that only works in German) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schadenfreude, but never, ever, gloat.   Victory is its' own reward.  

T

You make a good point. The SLR project seems to be built on a foundation of good will toward men, rather than on scorn toward the oppressors. Nick Gogerty has been especially positive every step of the way and sets a good example for all of us to follow.
babbey

Activity: 21

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 01:02:39 AM
Last edit: January 08, 2018, 01:42:23 AM by babbey

Hi everyone,

With the recent activity on the exchanges, I thought I had better check on the little laptop in my roof that was staking away for my wallet. Turns out that it hasn't been staking away since early September, and is almost past being usable, so I thought I would put the wallet on another retired laptop. Seems like it's struggling to gain connections after the following steps:

• installed & ran the freshly downloaded wallet
  • exited the wallet
  • copied wallet.dat from the old laptop
  • pasted it onto the new laptop in the AppData\Roaming\Solarcoin folder, replacing the newly created one

I remembered some discussions earlier in the thread regarding peers.dat and solarcoin.conf; there was no solarcoin.conf file so I created one with addnode=162.243.214.120 as the only line. I've tried reloading the blockchain and rescanning the wallet, but the best I get is 1 connection, and most of the time it has none.

Not sure how relevant this is, but my holdings also increased by roughly 5000 SLR without any new transactions coming in... Could possibly be staking revenues but that doesn't make a lot of sense without any transactions. Any ideas? I just wanted to get staking again, and hoped it would be a bit simpler than this... Smiley

Cheers

babbey

[EDIT] - The more I think about it, the more it feels like way back when the wallets forked, and we received massive amounts of coins from staking. I think I got over 73,000 coins at one point - if only I'd been on the right chain! Smiley

I think I'll have to fire up the old machine when I get home from work tonight & try to convince the wallet to start up properly; there's a chance that I may just have been a bit impatient with a very slow machine, maybe with enough time the wallet will come up properly and I can use the 'Backup Wallet' and 'Export Keys' commands.
javkot

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 02:33:38 AM

backup wallet should work fine, it can take a while. On occasion, some people have had to hit the "reload blockchain" under the "file" menu. The extra 5000 coins may be due to interest earned even though you haven't actively staked. I'm not sure how the algo works exactly, but from my experience you seem to earn interest whether or not you stake. My wallet was offline by accident for about four weeks and when I got it back online to start staking again, my block rewards were initially A LOT higher for a few days. So I speculate that even though I wasn't staking for a month, my overall accrued interest seemed unchanged.
lfloorwalker

Activity: 224
Merit: 150

solcrypto.com

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 02:39:22 AM

Concur in full.  

T

You make a good point. The SLR project seems to be built on a foundation of good will toward men, rather than on scorn toward the oppressors. Nick Gogerty has been especially positive every step of the way and sets a good example for all of us to follow.

Concur in full, and a good example for this project.

|Solcrypto|ElectriCChain| SLR Tips: 8Hocu8s8u8FFAyh5ev2qsNmLZYgeiVToHi
lfloorwalker

Activity: 224
Merit: 150

solcrypto.com

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 02:44:51 AM

To the Sun!  Grin

I am getting calls from a solar installer that has always ignored my crypto ramblings to them about SolarCoin since 2014.
Now they say WOW! An extra $2/ MWh for us! It makes a small but meaningful difference to our project profit margins!

Amazing work guys! Well done

Cheers, to Orion via the Sun.

-lfloorwalker

|Solcrypto|ElectriCChain| SLR Tips: 8Hocu8s8u8FFAyh5ev2qsNmLZYgeiVToHi
sylph93

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 03:03:27 AM

To the Sun!  Grin

I am getting calls from a solar installer that has always ignored my crypto ramblings to them about SolarCoin since 2014.
Now they say WOW! An extra $2/ MWh for us! It makes a small but meaningful difference to our project profit margins!

Amazing work guys! Well done

Cheers, to Orion via the Sun.

-lfloorwalker

A lot of crypto currency depend on POW which consume enormous electricity. However, SolarCoin is supporting green energy generation.
If we fail to prevent the earth from deadly climate change, then coins and tokens have no meaning.
That's why I love this coin.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
babbey

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 03:33:09 AM

backup wallet should work fine, it can take a while. On occasion, some people have had to hit the "reload blockchain" under the "file" menu. The extra 5000 coins may be due to interest earned even though you haven't actively staked. I'm not sure how the algo works exactly, but from my experience you seem to earn interest whether or not you stake. My wallet was offline by accident for about four weeks and when I got it back online to start staking again, my block rewards were initially A LOT higher for a few days. So I speculate that even though I wasn't staking for a month, my overall accrued interest seemed unchanged.

Can't remember the figures, but IIRC the staking rewards are based on an annual interest assuming the wallet was staking all year. When it goes offline for a while, the next interest payment(s) will be higher to 'catch up' to the annual rewards... or something. lol

Just a bit confused that there is no record of the transaction in my history, and there are no coins in my staking amount either. Does anyone have access to peers.dat and solarcoin.conf for comparison?

Cheers for the help!
sylph93

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 04:46:51 AM

Can't remember the figures, but IIRC the staking rewards are based on an annual interest assuming the wallet was staking all year. When it goes offline for a while, the next interest payment(s) will be higher to 'catch up' to the annual rewards... or something. lol

Just a bit confused that there is no record of the transaction in my history, and there are no coins in my staking amount either. Does anyone have access to peers.dat and solarcoin.conf for comparison?

Cheers for the help!

You'd better go to SolarCoin Slack. There is #solarcoin_blockchain channel.
There are people who can help you.

solarcoin-group.slack.com

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
babbey

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 05:58:14 AM

Thanks sylph - looks like you just gave me the reason that I needed to jump in to the slack group! Smiley

Cheers

babbey
terciops

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 06:29:55 PM

Cheers for the help!

AFAIK (but I haven't had enough motivation to look at the code that closely) what happens is that if your wallet is offline for a period your coins 'recover' from being staked and 'freshen', if you will.  When the wallet gets back online, all those 'fresh' coins are valid for staking.  So until all those 'fresh' coins have their moment in the sun (stake pool) - and generate staking rewards - you get a one time boost.  Once a coin has been staked, it then goes back in the pot to be freshened again.  The only thing that makes this 'freshening' happen is time. 

If you are really bored and have some free time from watching paint dry, grass grow etc, you can see this happening on the 'staked' line of the wallet home page.  This is also apparent if you bring up a second copy of the wallet with a 'old/unused for a time' copy of the wallet.dat.  There is a surge in POS rewards that are never actually validated (and eventually disappear) as the extra copy generates rewards from what it thinks are 'fresh' coins.  The blockchain knows better though and rejects them as duplicates?.  This is a 'nice' (in the proper sense) piece of code in the wallet core.  It is also the reason that it doesn't help running a second copy of the same wallet.

That is my understanding at least.  If anyone has a better explaination I would be keen to read it.   

T

javkot

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 07:25:43 PM

I've always wondered, if I have two separate wallets each with 100k SLR and compare that with a single wallet with 200k SLR, will the block reward/ overall interest accrued be approximately identical? OR is there an overall reward advantage to bundling all of your SLR into the same wallet?
Pages: « 1 ... 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 [281] 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 »
  Print  

Jump to: