Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:52:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 [287] 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh)  (Read 466756 times)
galio_ico

Activity: 190
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 05:28:50 PM

such a good coin, but some good news can do nothing in such a terrible time like this.
hope it reach the point in 2nd quarter.
I was expecting this to rise at least 30 times as this price. so still a good point to buy. but...this definitely a long term investment...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
javkot

Activity: 113
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 08:08:34 PM

https://solarcoin.org/en/news/affiliate_solcrypto_launches_blockchain_connected_datalogger_live_granting
javkot

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 09:58:37 PM
Last edit: February 26, 2018, 04:18:55 AM by javkot

This video is definitely worth watching, especially if you are interested in where energy and automotive technology is headed in the next 10-15 years. It also confirms that SLR is the BEST coin to HODL long term, because by the year 2030, we can expect that 100% of worldwide energy production will be solar!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b3ttqYDwF0
galio_ico

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 04:17:13 PM

This video is definitely worth watching, especially if you are interested in where energy and automotive technology is headed in the next 10-15 years. It also confirms that SLR is the BEST coin to HODL long term, because by the year 2030, we can expect that 100% of worldwide energy production will be solar!!!

I know renewable energy and electric vehicle are the future. but how far, how long Sad((
with such a small market like cryptocurrentcy (specially recently). it's too easy to control some small marketcap like SLR or some others.
so sad that ... even btc is being controlled.
anyway, Sad(, I really want this project to rise and wellknow, and success ofcouse. one of the very best idea out there.

javkot

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 07:08:35 PM

I know renewable energy and electric vehicle are the future. but how far, how long Sad((
with such a small market like cryptocurrentcy (specially recently). it's too easy to control some small marketcap like SLR or some others.
anyway, Sad(, I really want this project to rise and wellknow, and success ofcouse. one of the very best idea out there.

Maybe for now the price can be manipulated but that happens because the majority of SolarCoin owners are cryptocurrency day traders and NOT solar pv owners. But we KNOW that solar pv production is going to skyrocket in the coming years, and since SLR is free to pv owners, then that means that soon the majority of SLR holders will be the solar community and not the day trader community. And the solar community will have a much greater desire for the long-term success of SLR especially since they get ongoing regular grants twice a year. It is only a matter of time before the price is dictated predominately by the solar power community and not the day-trading gambling addicts who dump all their coins because either (1) they're bored or (2) they just found a new up-and-coming coin that they want to put all their money into.

Just be patient. Everyone I convince to buy SLR, I also convince them that this is a LONG-TERM buy and they should hold for 5-10 years or more (the year 2025 is the target I have in mind, especially in consideration of this Seba video). Long-term SLR is one of the BEST bets in the cryptocurrency world. SLR should see at least the $20-50 range 5-10 years from now, and very possibly it will be sooner than that!
benchb

Activity: 63

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 06:47:23 PM

Rewarding people for producing renewable energy and not for consume energy and financing the mining industry, like Bitcoin is a huge benefit.
Instead of dumping coins to finance the energy consumption, most solar power producer see the the real value of this coin and don't gonna dump it now.

I wish the project great success and a steady climb up the ladder.

CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:49:13 PM

Maybe for now the price can be manipulated but that happens because the majority of SolarCoin owners are cryptocurrency day traders and NOT solar pv owners. But we KNOW that solar pv production is going to skyrocket in the coming years, and since SLR is free to pv owners, then that means that soon the majority of SLR holders will be the solar community and not the day trader community. And the solar community will have a much greater desire for the long-term success of SLR especially since they get ongoing regular grants twice a year. It is only a matter of time before the price is dictated predominately by the solar power community and not the day-trading gambling addicts who dump all their coins because either (1) they're bored or (2) they just found a new up-and-coming coin that they want to put all their money into.

Just be patient. Everyone I convince to buy SLR, I also convince them that this is a LONG-TERM buy and they should hold for 5-10 years or more (the year 2025 is the target I have in mind, especially in consideration of this Seba video). Long-term SLR is one of the BEST bets in the cryptocurrency world. SLR should see at least the $20-50 range 5-10 years from now, and very possibly it will be sooner than that!

I take it you are new to this thread. Check my prior posts. The price will always be a day trader controlled. There is no other reason to buy SLR other than Profit, anyone claiming wants to sell to offset their Solar investment. Buy low sell high. Were the coin to get distributed then it would take off. One thing that could happen is what is called a Swap of Coin. 33 Million get reduced to 33,000 or 330K. The market cap stays the same. No difference in price just less coin. But now the claim coin is more intrinsic. It has much more power than the Market Cap. Since it can sell and crush the buy walls then any day traders must supplement the claimers now. It may lower the price for a while but this would incentivize people to claim since there are only 33K coins.

I listed other ways to make this go viral with Manufacturers selling their glut of old panels for SLR. Then people buy SLR to get old panels and the median price point now shifts to meet that demand. It may not be super high but it would be much higher and sustainable for sure.
javkot

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:46:47 PM
Last edit: February 28, 2018, 12:05:20 AM by javkot

I'm not so sure it will ALWAYS be daytrader controlled, because the definition of daytrading is buying a position that you expect to close within the same business day. I truly hope that the price will eventually be "investor" controlled rather than "daytrader" controlled. That was my point. I define "investors" as those who buy a position to hold for a somewhat long period (rather than sell within 8-12 hours), and most of these "investors" will likely come from the group of people who own solar pv and are receiving SLR grants. The expectation is that the people receiving SLR grants will be excited enough about it that they might go to an exchange to buy even more SLR. So when we have a million SLR users all receiving SLR grants, then the amount of SLR "investors" will far outweigh the quick-profit daytraders. Hopefully anyway.

And 98 billion does not seem to be too many. The founder of bitcoin had a small vision with only 21 million coins and bitcoin has far outgrown that vision and now it is getting squashed with overpriced transaction fees among other problems. 98 billion total SLR envisions the whole world to be using solar power. Limiting the SLR total supply to only 1 billion limits this vision especially when one considers that there are about 1.5 billion households in the world. Dream big!
CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 04:49:26 AM

I'm not so sure it will ALWAYS be daytrader controlled, because the definition of daytrading is buying a position that you expect to close within the same business day. I truly hope that the price will eventually be "investor" controlled rather than "daytrader" controlled. That was my point. I define "investors" as those who buy a position to hold for a somewhat long period (rather than sell within 8-12 hours), and most of these "investors" will likely come from the group of people who own solar pv and are receiving SLR grants. The expectation is that the people receiving SLR grants will be excited enough about it that they might go to an exchange to buy even more SLR. So when we have a million SLR users all receiving SLR grants, then the amount of SLR "investors" will far outweigh the quick-profit daytraders. Hopefully anyway.

And 98 billion does not seem to be too many. The founder of bitcoin had a small vision with only 21 million coins and bitcoin has far outgrown that vision and now it is getting squashed with overpriced transaction fees among other problems. 98 billion total SLR envisions the whole world to be using solar power. Limiting the SLR total supply to only 1 billion limits this vision especially when one considers that there are about 1.5 billion households in the world. Dream big!

Only the 33 Million would be Swapped out. 98B could stay the same.

Well trading in general is the problem. I proposed a Magic number. Guess what that was... The wholesale cost of power. If the PEG were to be used in transactions then people would realize they can trade for things that their panels generated. People giving a product may take the face value of the Trade even if used. Kind of like getting back money they lost to depreciation.

Investors vs Traders are like Bull and Bear markets. The markets were meant for liquidity to get costs out of goods sold. How can you do business with SLR at these levels? It just can't sustain. Yet anyone taking the risk now could be paid off later. Perhaps merchants with huge margins could get in. But the best option would be to INCENTIVIZE Solar. Manufacturer with a Glut of older product, they accept and create a market. People now buy SLR to use for purchasing outdated Solar. It still works and doesn't deplete their current market. Now it also raises the price of SLR to then incentivize their sales of NEW Solar panels. Claimers can SELL to BUYERS getting the old Panels. It is reciprocal. It incentivizes Solar which is what Solarcoin is about. Not incentivizing Profit takers...
javkot

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 06:26:01 PM

Only the 33 Million would be Swapped out. 98B could stay the same.

Well trading in general is the problem. I proposed a Magic number. Guess what that was... The wholesale cost of power. If the PEG were to be used in transactions then people would realize they can trade for things that their panels generated. People giving a product may take the face value of the Trade even if used. Kind of like getting back money they lost to depreciation.

Investors vs Traders are like Bull and Bear markets. The markets were meant for liquidity to get costs out of goods sold. How can you do business with SLR at these levels? It just can't sustain. Yet anyone taking the risk now could be paid off later. Perhaps merchants with huge margins could get in. But the best option would be to INCENTIVIZE Solar. Manufacturer with a Glut of older product, they accept and create a market. People now buy SLR to use for purchasing outdated Solar. It still works and doesn't deplete their current market. Now it also raises the price of SLR to then incentivize their sales of NEW Solar panels. Claimers can SELL to BUYERS getting the old Panels. It is reciprocal. It incentivizes Solar which is what Solarcoin is about. Not incentivizing Profit takers...

Aww, I see, very intriguing! And I've read some of your older posts, you have some very interesting ideas Smiley Well then we have to find a way to get manufacturers to accept SLR in payment. Essentially that would be them "investing" in SLR.
javkot

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 01:07:50 AM
Last edit: March 02, 2018, 01:48:19 AM by javkot

I found this directory of organizations connected with SolarCoin. It's a great idea to compile it all in one place:
http://www.community.solar/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/SolarCoinDirectory2018Q1.pdf

ACWA Power - http://www.acwapower.com
Community.Solar - https://www.community.solar/coin
ekWateur - https://ekwateur.fr
ExelSolar - http://www.exelsolar.com
Lykke - https://www.lykke.com
Narec Distributed Energy - http://www.narecde.co.uk
Smappee - https://www.smappee.com/uk/home
SolarAid - https://solar-aid.org/can-solarcoin-help-light-africa
SolarLux - https://www.solarlux.energy
SolarPower Europe - http://www.solarpowereurope.org
Solcrypto - https://www.solcrypto.com, www.solarcoin.or.jp
The Sun Exchange - https://thesunexchange.com
ZUP Energy Assets - https://zupenergyassets.com

In might also be worth adding:
Com-Guard.com and TGI Solar Power Group
galio_ico

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 12:29:35 PM

I take it you are new to this thread. Check my prior posts. The price will always be a day trader controlled. There is no other reason to buy SLR other than Profit, anyone claiming wants to sell to offset their Solar investment. Buy low sell high. Were the coin to get distributed then it would take off. One thing that could happen is what is called a Swap of Coin. 33 Million get reduced to 33,000 or 330K. The market cap stays the same. No difference in price just less coin. But now the claim coin is more intrinsic. It has much more power than the Market Cap. Since it can sell and crush the buy walls then any day traders must supplement the claimers now. It may lower the price for a while but this would incentivize people to claim since there are only 33K coins.

I listed other ways to make this go viral with Manufacturers selling their glut of old panels for SLR. Then people buy SLR to get old panels and the median price point now shifts to meet that demand. It may not be super high but it would be much higher and sustainable for sure.

yep, I'm might be the new, (can you give me your prior post link? couldn't find it)
but price seem not to be always controlled by trader, it's controlled by invester. included trader and long term holer.
and yes, the only reason some invest on this is profit. but there're few more reasons, just like me cause I hope this project to be well known, so renewable can be wide spread, might help the world gets better, might be....
in my point of view, just dream big ^^

sunnydmd

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 12:39:46 PM

Hope everyone here chose the right bet Smiley)))
5 years seem to be a really long time for me.
I always scare that I made wrong choice, this might got a great idea, might be the first but just the community can decide it alive or not.
I'm learning electrical engineering ( setting up kind of renewable systems) and I know how the situation's going on in my country. hope the future would be different due to this kind of project

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  [   CRYPTOS⚫LARTECH    ]  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  White Paper    ||  BLOCKCHAIN & ENERGY FOR A BETTER WORLD  ||    One Pager 
Telegram  Facebook  Twitter  [[   TOKEN SALE is LIVE   ]]  Medium  Youtube  Reddit
nhanmt

Activity: 79

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 12:49:10 PM

I found this directory of organizations connected with SolarCoin. It's a great idea to compile it all in one place:
http://www.community.solar/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/SolarCoinDirectory2018Q1.pdf

ACWA Power - http://www.acwapower.com
Community.Solar - https://www.community.solar/coin
ekWateur - https://ekwateur.fr
ExelSolar - http://www.exelsolar.com
Lykke - https://www.lykke.com
Narec Distributed Energy - http://www.narecde.co.uk
Smappee - https://www.smappee.com/uk/home
SolarAid - https://solar-aid.org/can-solarcoin-help-light-africa
SolarLux - https://www.solarlux.energy
SolarPower Europe - http://www.solarpowereurope.org
Solcrypto - https://www.solcrypto.com, www.solarcoin.or.jp
The Sun Exchange - https://thesunexchange.com
ZUP Energy Assets - https://zupenergyassets.com

In might also be worth adding:
Com-Guard.com and TGI Solar Power Group
Nice collection! I have put them into my bookmark for later use. Your collection will save lot of my time later when I need to found news, information, update related to Solarcoin project. Thanks very much.
javkot

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 04:41:30 PM

Hope everyone here chose the right bet Smiley)))
5 years seem to be a really long time for me.
I always scare that I made wrong choice, this might got a great idea, might be the first but just the community can decide it alive or not.
I'm learning electrical engineering ( setting up kind of renewable systems) and I know how the situation's going on in my country. hope the future would be different due to this kind of project

In terms of cryptocurrency, 5 years most definitely seems like a super long time, especially considering that most coins peak and die within a few months to a year. There are very few coins that I am holding with a 5+ year goal in mind. Ok, actually I'm wrong. There is only one, SLR. I don't trust any of the coins for a duration of 5 years, maybe BTC or ETH, but I really doubt that either of those will increase by 40x over the next 5 years. Short-term, I have invested in a lot of different coins with sell orders on all of them. But long term, I'm hodling SLR. The SolarCoin Foundation as already "proven" themselves that they are in it for the long haul, for 40 years. And with SLR, the number of users will only continue to increase as more and more people invest in solar panels. Since SLR grants are given out every six months, then the users who join the network will stay in the network. This means the network will only continue to grow over time. SLR is the best coin to hodl long term.
rafaelloyo

Activity: 50

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 09:49:51 AM

I have a question about YoBit.Net whether it is the same name (SOLAR) as (SLR) SOLARCOIN because I have doubts on other exchanges the price is above 0.4 USD and on yoobit.net is so low what is it caused?
Nakasoshi

Activity: 156

Empowering crypto w/ sustainable energy

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 09:59:07 AM

to be honest i dont know the excat reason aswell but maybe most of the dumpers are using one of the ´bigge´excahnge cause there is more volume to sell the coins ? Huh

rafaelloyo

Activity: 50

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 10:03:55 AM

OK, but is this the same coin (SOLAR) and (SLR)
denam

Activity: 896
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 10:08:31 AM

This is true in this space talking about years holding seems funny but if the project is designed for real usage in physical life then it is all good. I am talking about Solar coin since the energy demand will be on increase this should be added in ones portfolio with decent amount for long term. This is my strategy for few coins/tokens with huge potential.
Catsoul

Activity: 32

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 10:46:36 AM

OK, but is this the same coin (SOLAR) and (SLR)

not the same
Pages: « 1 ... 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 [287] 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 »
  Print  

Jump to: