Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:49:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 [164] 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 ... 2248 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KanoPool since 2014 🐈 - PPLNS and Solo 0.5% fee - Worldwide - 2436 blocks  (Read 5350202 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (50 posts by 3+ users deleted.)
tlhIlwI

Activity: 305
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 02:47:21 PM

Wow, I did a lot of solo mining this morning (failover while Kano is down)!  Unfortunately, I wasn't lucky.  I'm glad to see this pool up again!

The shifts in question look much better now BTW.

Subscribe to my Bitcoin Mining YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7eam9msr3I2qxzsCzRTuVQ

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kano (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4494
Merit: 1805

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 03:00:49 PM

Payouts 355952 and 355968 sent
1a40b42d2552f992117aa9f2f6138a58eec25428dadedc51aded9c895fc1c190
7f17f8a0d2f59292e58789ca70b53d8cb4e77d9670aae1bbea4ae6267d995f23
(not confirmed yet)

Yeah it's been havoc on the pool today - sorry about that Sad

I managed to cause all sorts of problem with the database that has only finally reloaded fully a few hours ago.
It would have been all OK but unfortunately, in the process of that I managed to kill the pool a number of times also by using up more than all the ram on the server (48GB Tongue)
The side effect of fixing those 3 shifts has, unfortunately, messed up a few shifts at the end, a number of hours ago, due to memory problems, killing ckpool too often and causing everyone to failover, locking up ckdb and disk space problems.

Glitches have now been sorted out.
There's a few commits to ckdb in git revolving around fixing the shift problem and also fixing problems caused by the changes.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
AJRGale

Activity: 767
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 03:11:57 PM

AWWWW....no freakin' way...oh, yes way...I just bricked my S3+. Crap...there goes my main miner. Sorry...gonna be in limp mode until I get a break-out board.

edit; not that I was top of the leader board anyway.

edit2; aww...crap, I think I really did it! Thought I'd try a trick...no luck. Switching to that forum...but I am screwed!!!

Ha! you know, my best miner threw a leg outa bed too, im back to running the crappy "new r-box" that cant get over 70GH/s, so you're not alone brother!
i think ive worked mine to be the usb to serial converter, im hoping i can talk to it via rs232, once i work out what the pinout is..
BlInK311

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 03:12:18 PM

Thank you for all of your hard work Kano.  We greatly appreciate it.  And thanks for sending payments out.
CapnBDL

Activity: 1064

MOBU

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2015, 03:39:36 PM
Last edit: May 12, 2015, 05:25:14 PM by CapnBDL

Thank you for all of your hard work Kano.  We greatly appreciate it.  And thanks for sending payments out.

Yes, many thanks kano...and what are your donation links? We know you and ck are hard at it. You should put those up from X2X. It's more beers for your beach cooler!! I'll take another. Can't do much until I get a break-out board so I can get this s3+ back up, so pass me a beer too. lol

Good work & good luck!!

▄██▄
████▄    ▄██████▄    ▄████
██████▄ ▀████████▀ ▄██████
▐███████▄ ▀████▀ ▄███████▌
▐█████████▄ ▀▀ ▄█████████▌
 ████ ▀█████▄▄█████▀ ████
 ████ ▄ ▀████████▀ ▄ ████
 ▐███ ██▄ ▀████▀ ▄██ ███▌
 ▐███ ████▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ███▌
  ███ ██████▄▄██████ ███
  ███ ██████████████ ███
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
   ██ ██████████████ ██
       ▀██████████▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
.M O B U.███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   The Investment Bank of the Future  
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
█▀

█▄
Facebook Medium
Whitepaper ANN
LinkedIn    Reddit
▀█

▄█

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████ ▀███████▀    ▀██████
 █████▌  ▀▀███        ▄█████
▐██████▄             ▐██████▌
▐█████▄               ██████▌
▐███████▄            ███████▌
 ███████▄          ▄████████
  ████████       ▄█████████
   █████▀   ▄▄▄███████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
 █████     ▄▄          █████
▐█████     ████▄▄      █████▌
▐█████     ████████    █████▌
▐█████     ████▀▀      █████▌
 █████     ▀▀          █████
  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
   ███████████████████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████████████████▀▀▀ ▐████
 ███████████▀▀▀  ▄█▀  ██████
▐█████▀▀▀      ▄█▀    ██████▌
▐███▄▄▄    ▄▄██▀     ███████▌
▐████████ ███▀       ███████▌
 ████████▌█          ███████
  ████████ ▄▄██▄    ███████
   ███████████████▄ ██████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
BlInK311

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 06:05:24 PM

For all of your hard work and dedication, I moved another 1TH over to this pool.  Partially in anticipation for our luck to swing back positive.
kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 10:42:50 PM

Yes, many thanks kano...and what are your donation links? We know you and ck are hard at it. You should put those up from X2X. It's more beers for your beach cooler!! I'll take another. Can't do much until I get a break-out board so I can get this s3+ back up, so pass me a beer too. lol

Good work & good luck!!
Ah no - I don't think a donation would be appropriate.

Firstly a tl;dr
I'm adding in 0.5% to the next payout to over compensate the shares lost in the  "4kooq felli" shift

(I was too tired to write this last night ... so it's here now)

Now the details for anyone who wants to know
I guess I should expand on what I said - the disk space issue in the middle of the last full reload took out about 2/3 of a shift of shares towards the end of the problems.
When ckdb reloads data it records the data all again in the disk logs.
So since I reloaded 1.5 days worth of data multiple times over a few hours it quickly spiralled up and filled the log disk.
In my exasperation dealing with the problems I caused doing such a large reload multiple times and making the pool restart so many times, I missed spotting that happening.
I have a daily process to deal with this, but it doesn't happen at the particular time I was doing the reloads.

Well, at least now the code can handle a reload of almost any size due to sorting out how to deal with that ram problem when it happened
(that's what the last commit solves with the 250000 check in it)
But I need to pay attention to the disk space if I ever do a reload that big again multiple times (it was OK the first time ...)

Anyway, what it effectively means is that about 2/3 of the shares in shift "4kooq felli" wont be in the next payout (you'll notice your total there is about 1/3 what it should be)
ckdb only writes summaries to the permanent DB, after a shift completes, so it can get them back on a restart, and then reloads from the logs all shares after the permanent DB contents
In this case I reverted (deleted) the DB shares back 1.5 days to make it redo the calculations - but all the 1.5 days of data was in the logs so that was ok to do - but the new data generated during the time of the "4kooq felli" shift never made it into the permanent DB nor the disk logs due to running out of ram and disk and having to be killed before ckdb finished the shift and wrote it to the DB (the DB disk never ran out of space)
What this means is that the next payout in the next blocks after that shift will probably include one extra shift back before the problem to make up the 5N (this of course will happen with any future blocks found up to 5N after the "4kooq felli" shift)
So the effect on the payouts will be that some will get a small fraction more due to that and some will get a small fraction less.
The amount more or less depends on the ratio of mining you did in that shift vs every other shift in the next payouts that includes that shift.
If your ratio is the same then your payout will be the same, if your ratio is higher in that one shift than all other shifts you've mined in, then your payout will be down a bit, and the reverse, if your ratio in that shift was lower than all other shifts you mine in then your payout will be up a bit.
Overall, it wont have a big affect on anyone unless they were unlucky enough to only mine in that shift and never in any other shift for the past week
(which I doubt would be anyone)

My fix for it will be that I will add my proportion of the pool fee (0.5% or ~0.125BTC) into the next reward and distribute it to everyone.
That should compensate the small adjustment loss for anyone who did actually lose anything and everyone who gained from the missing shift data will get a little bit more also (and I guess could call it thanks for sticking around during the problems yesterday and still mining)
The amounts involved will be very small but the amount I'm adding should more than compensate for it
At the moment a total shift is worth very roughly the amount I'm adding but (as I've said above) you wont actually lose a shift of reward you'll just have it distributed to your other shares and that distribution will either be a little bit more or a little bit less than you'd expect based on your ratio of shares in the "4kooq felli" shift vs your ratio of shares in the payout.

To give an over estimate example to show the difference:
If you average 10TH/s for the payout but for only for that "4kooq felli" shift did 11TH/s i.e. 10% extra mining only in that one shift
and assume 150 shifts in a payout (there's more than that)
The normal payout without the missing shares would be avg*reward/pool
What you should have got would be (avg*(1+(0.1/150))*reward/pool
So your reward should have been 0.07% higher if you had the outrageous bad luck of only mining 10% more in that single shift Smiley
... and just in case it wasn't obvious ... where did the missing 0.07% go?
To all the other miners - and that would only be a tiny positive effect for them.
If that 0.07% continued on for 5 payouts that's 0.35%
I'm adding in 0.5% to the next payout.
I doubt anyone would even be close to a 10% difference (I'd expect even less than 1% for everyone) and lowering the 10% number of course lowers the amount you missed out.

How I'll do it will be to simply increase the Miner Reward for the next payout.
So anyone not wanting it, you'll get it anyway since it's way easier to just make that one adjustment than trying to handle each miner differently.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
CapnBDL

Activity: 1064

MOBU

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2015, 11:17:42 PM

Really...now that's what I call a good pool op. Nice! Sounds like ya caused yourself more work. Sorry, but hey, it's part of the learning curve, right?

I'll still take that beer!

Thanks......cheers!

▄██▄
████▄    ▄██████▄    ▄████
██████▄ ▀████████▀ ▄██████
▐███████▄ ▀████▀ ▄███████▌
▐█████████▄ ▀▀ ▄█████████▌
 ████ ▀█████▄▄█████▀ ████
 ████ ▄ ▀████████▀ ▄ ████
 ▐███ ██▄ ▀████▀ ▄██ ███▌
 ▐███ ████▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ███▌
  ███ ██████▄▄██████ ███
  ███ ██████████████ ███
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
   ██ ██████████████ ██
       ▀██████████▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
.M O B U.███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   The Investment Bank of the Future  
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
█▀

█▄
Facebook Medium
Whitepaper ANN
LinkedIn    Reddit
▀█

▄█

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████ ▀███████▀    ▀██████
 █████▌  ▀▀███        ▄█████
▐██████▄             ▐██████▌
▐█████▄               ██████▌
▐███████▄            ███████▌
 ███████▄          ▄████████
  ████████       ▄█████████
   █████▀   ▄▄▄███████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
 █████     ▄▄          █████
▐█████     ████▄▄      █████▌
▐█████     ████████    █████▌
▐█████     ████▀▀      █████▌
 █████     ▀▀          █████
  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
   ███████████████████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████████████████▀▀▀ ▐████
 ███████████▀▀▀  ▄█▀  ██████
▐█████▀▀▀      ▄█▀    ██████▌
▐███▄▄▄    ▄▄██▀     ███████▌
▐████████ ███▀       ███████▌
 ████████▌█          ███████
  ████████ ▄▄██▄    ███████
   ███████████████▄ ██████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
thedreamer
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 11:52:43 PM

Reading through all that makes me WANT a beer. LOLOL.

I just am happy that you work on the issues and know what's going on. Staying active and involved with the system is all we can ask for .
I do the same with my sites and Firearms Forum, so I know what you go through. LOL

Thanks and try to get some sleep. (Where ever you live.)

Go Big or Go Home.
Mikestang
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 02:00:41 AM

Kudos to you for keeping our pool chugging along, and also for explaining the who/what/where/why to us all!
xZork

Activity: 1249
Merit: 506

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 07:26:18 AM

Kind of curious, how much disk space is required to run this pool?

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
SergES

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 08:47:49 AM

What is more important for profit Shares or Avg. share? For example 700 shares and 5300 Avg. share or 400 Shares and 8000 Avg. share?
kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 10:14:45 AM

Kind of curious, how much disk space is required to run this pool?
Well the data/log disk is only 1TB, everything is backed up and archived off to another server that has 2TB
(and to my home also ... that has a 5TB disk that stores that data)
All raid1 of course.
That 1TB I keep at around 90% (and compession of each day is about 3% down to about 0.4% plus I discard old ckdb logs since they are duplicate of the ckpool logs - but they are kept on the backups)
The main system disk is raid1 SSD 240GB that's still well under 50% and grows ever so slowly
The main server itself has 24 CPU threads, 0 is always busy, the rest are mostly idle. Total usage is close to 5%

I recently heard from another pool owner how they considered raid1 a waste of time ... but disks fail often and having to recover everything when that happens is time consuming and a PITA - of course you also have active backup - but that should be a 2nd choice, not the only choice if a disk fails.
With raid1, if one disk fails, it keeps running and then you need to follow up fast and replace the failed disk just in case it's pal decides to die on you also.
If both go down, then you have to rely on your backups. But if only one, then the system just keeps going until you do a quick shutdown/replace/reboot for the dead disk. Optimal would be to have a 3rd disk instead of just 2, (like I do now at home thanks the the generosity of pool members when I had my double raid1 failure back in january) but maybe I'll consider that if the pool ever gets a lot bigger and I can afford it Smiley
With 3 disks, you keep the 3rd as an active spare and can swap it in immediately if one of the other 2 fails, so you always have 2 except during the swap in. You keep the 3rd one as a spare so that it's not in use and thus will have completely different life characteristics to the others.

... and anyone watching the pool - I restarted ckdb 45 minutes ago when doing a system update - it updated the main DB (postgresql) and that shutdown, restarted so ckdb had to do the same.

kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 01:14:46 PM

What is more important for profit Shares or Avg. share? For example 700 shares and 5300 Avg. share or 400 Shares and 8000 Avg. share?
It doesn't matter, since they will produce the same result.
i.e. if you mine higher difficulty, you'll find fewer shares.
If you mine lower difficulty, you'll find more shares.
The result in both cases will be approximately the same (and you can't game it)
Just did a ckpool restart - no problems - just a restart to reinitialise it since it's been running since just before the end of the problems were solved.

SergES

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 05:03:52 PM

I asked for an optimal configuration asic's, only, better mining one better for all.
kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 09:43:23 PM

I asked for an optimal configuration asic's, only, better mining one better for all.
Well, it doesn't matter (usually)
The pool will set an optimal diff by default so you average a share every few seconds.
There are some bitmain firmwares that require certain diff settings - but I'm not sure of the versions.

... and we just found another block Smiley
... and the reward shows the unadjusted amount - I'll sort out that and regenerate it with the extra 0.5%
Our block was only 10s after the previous one - so quite small and not many fees in it ... but NOT zero transactions Smiley

stan258

Activity: 440
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 11:48:38 PM

My miners will be here on this pool until they are sold.  Thanks CK & Kano for the work that you do.
kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 11:56:38 AM

I restarted ckdb 15 minutes ago with some updates to allow adjusting a payout.
I've done the adjustment, so you should see it's all now 0.5045% higher for the block 356299 rewards - ready for when it comes due.

sorry2xs
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Dark Passenger Bitcoin miner 2013,Bitcoin node

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 12:44:01 PM

I've done the adjustment, so you should see it's all now 0.5045% higher for the block 356299 rewards - ready for when it comes due.
i would like to know if it is normal for my n diff. to go from 234.973M to 515 from the previous block the present block?

Please tip the Node 1MPWKB23NsZsXHANnFwVAWT86mL24fqAjF; KO4UX
THAT NO GOOD DO GOODER BAT!!!
kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 02:57:19 PM

i would like to know if it is normal for my n diff. to go from 234.973M to 515 from the previous block the present block?
Yep coz you only mined in one shift in the payout range of the block.

Block 356299 paid from (of course) the block shift
 "4kwcn darkchii 2015-05-13 20:59:23+00"
back to
 "4jrpb felli 2015-05-06 21:47:25+00"

If you check your Shifts page, you'll see that you didn't mine in that whole range except to submit 1 share in shift "4khm5 nodoka 2015-05-11 10:32:23+00" with a diff of 515
The rest are all zero

If you were mining to the pool, maybe you used another account, or mined to an address
(or were mining at some other pool for those 7 days?)

Pages: « 1 ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 [164] 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 ... 2248 »
  Print  

Jump to: