Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 12:17:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: delete  (Read 165493 times)
rdnkjdi
Legendary

Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 06:16:05 PM

Do the math, dude.

yeah - i did.  On darkcoin, litecoin, bitshares, peercoin, dogecoin, nxt ...

I did the math.  You are the one that has a problem with it apparently.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 06:16:37 PM

Oh give me a break, youve been whining in the thread for a week talking about how the devs are losing their motivation, that they dont feel like putting in the extra effort like they used to, so um, yeah I can read just fine.

The sheep are begging you to PLEASE just give a detailed breakdown of they need, LIKE A REGULAR COMPANY, (sound familar)

Anybody who treats an open source project like a regular company is clueless, such as you. Fortunately though, most of our actual users (as opposed to you trolls who are just trying everything they desperately can to drag us down) don't say that.

If there isn't enough volunteer funding then we will try another method. If that doesn't work then we will all get on with our lives (including walks on the beach with our wives). I don't know why you think any of this is that big a deal. Perhaps you need to get out more.

mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 06:19:56 PM

Your mathematicians didn't address that rs = qs - csx mod l is also known, where qs is unknown.
qs is unknown (and random) which makes the above equation more or less useless for solving for x, this will be addressed in a later memo.

So sure are we. Subtraction may play differently in modular arithematic. I will wait to see what your memo says.

A single modular linear equation with two unknowns can't be solved. You can't argue or troll with that, it's maths.

So I take it you know fuck all about number theory.
bobbyb

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 06:20:44 PM

I figure I've got a couple of days to learn how and set something up.

I've never mined a damn thing...don't know anything about it.  Can I mine CPU?  Can I use Amazon ec2?  How to set that up?  I will find some reading on it tomorrow night, but if anybody can point me to shortcuts, PM me or post here.

My experience, best XMR GPU miner is
Claymore's CryptoNote GPU Miner v7.0
. 5% mining fee but fastest optimization for my AMD cards.

Best CPU miner is Yam's M7v miner

Yam's is 1% mining fee and tailored to CPU type. You will need to know your CPU micro-architecture so that you can download the proper Yam build for your CPU.  He also has a good generic build for Non AES_NI CPU's but it is a bit slower as are ALL non AES_NI miners.  See  http://www.cpu-world.com/ to reference your CPU micro-architecture.

Yam's was a little faster than wolf's to begin with, but after enabling "hugepage capability it really took off.

Wait what?
Nowadays you have to pay fee for using a mining software? Wow!
Hotmetal

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 06:21:25 PM

Analysis of simultaneous equations attack on CryptoNote

"...that implies that no such attack, as outlined above, is possible against CryptoNote protocol."

Your mathematicians didn't address that rs = qs - csx mod l is also known, where qs is unknown.

Sorry I know you know everything.

You can stop helping now, it's clear your hard work is no longer needed.
eratta

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 06:23:58 PM

Now you got a guy who has taken down multiple coins, doing you a favor and  tell u he could break  monero if he wanted

Like when he said he was going to attack LTC and then didn't?
Come-In-Behind

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 06:29:04 PM

The amount of lies, manipulation, and trolling, is outstanding in this thread alone. On one corner you have the evil troll bigots like cryptomite, moneroman88, and their troll squad, on the other corner you have the monero/cryptonote supporters and devs, and in the middle you have anonymint/bcx.
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 06:36:43 PM

MEW - Monero Economy Workgroup communication

A taskforce is set up to address the issue of a possible "BCX exploit", and an ultimatum by BCX to find and fix it in 72 hours lest a serious attack is launched upon Monero.

The taskforce consists of several Monero developers, AnonyMint, CZ, jl777 and me.

There are differing opinions in the taskforce concerning the severity of the threat. No coinkiller is yet found and several avenues are probed. The members who have technical competence are talking about their views themselves.

Regardless of the outcome in the technical side, this is a serious economic attack on Monero - about 15% of the pre-ultimatum value is lost, and there is a great information asymmetry plaguing traders currently. It is notable that nobody has offered to borrow XMR for shorting (which I could provide against full guarantee deposit of BTC). Neither has anyone bought the PUT options. This means that the downside speculation has so far been limited to selling out from a trader's own stash. An economically motivated player who knows for sure about a lethal attack might decide to take leverage for personal gain.

I believe that the Monero devs are up to their task and can mitigate the potential exploit, and fix the code in preparation of the announced attack. I further believe that Monero will rise even stronger. Since I am not in possession of any knowledge that indicates that a realistic attack could take place, I can only estimate the probability that it exists unnoticed, and my estimate is 4-8%.

The MEW will be inaugurated on Tuesday, and also the devteam has important announcements (not related to the attack). Provided that our coin still exists, I am sure we have a great future ahead of us as a community with these new methods of organizing our activities for the mutual benefit.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 06:40:01 PM

qs is unknown (and random) which makes the above equation more or less useless for solving for x, this will be addressed in a later memo.

So sure are we. Subtraction may play differently in modular arithematic. I will wait to see what your memo says.

A single modular linear equation with two unknowns can't be solved. You can't argue or troll with that, it's maths.

Does it need to be solved fully, if the number of possible answers can be reduced enough so you can brute-force the answer?
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 06:42:21 PM

A taskforce is set up to address the issue of a possible "BCX exploit", and an ultimatum by BCX to find and fix it in 72 hours lest a serious attack is launched upon Monero.

The taskforce consists of several Monero developers, AnonyMint, CZ, jl777 and me.

There are differing opinions in the taskforce concerning the severity of the threat. No coinkiller is yet found and several avenues are probed. The members who have technical competence are talking about their views themselves.

Regardless of the outcome in the technical side, this is a serious economic attack on Monero - about 15% of the pre-ultimatum value is lost, and there is a great information asymmetry plaguing traders currently. It is notable that nobody has offered to borrow XMR for shorting (which I could provide against full guarantee deposit of BTC). Neither has anyone bought the PUT options. This means that the downside speculation has so far been limited to selling out from a trader's own stash. An economically motivated player who knows for sure about a lethal attack might decide to take leverage for personal gain.

I believe that the Monero devs are up to their task and can mitigate the potential exploit, and fix the code in preparation of the announced attack. I further believe that Monero will rise even stronger. Since I am not in possession of any knowledge that indicates that a realistic attack could take place, I can only estimate the probability that it exists unnoticed, and my estimate is 4-8%.

The MEW will be inaugurated on Tuesday, and also the devteam has important announcements (not related to the attack). Provided that our coin still exists, I am sure we have a great future ahead of us as a community with these new methods of organizing our activities for the mutual benefit.

My compliments on this, it's nice to see everyone working together afterall. It's the best thing to do for CN in general

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 06:42:56 PM
Last edit: September 21, 2014, 07:07:17 PM by aminorex

Does it need to be solved fully, if the number of possible answers can be reduced enough so you can brute-force the answer?

That can only be true to the degree that qs is non-random:  You can't tell where the probability mass has been shifted unless you know qs.  If it is not observable, it is not informative.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
ajaxgeorge

Activity: 11

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 06:50:37 PM

Any input from MEW on this?  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=791366.0

Maybe he's just planning a 51% attack and the "fatal flaw" is just a distraction?  Knowing BCX has at least 500BTC to expend on this if he wants ... it seems greater than 4 - 8% to me.
RAJSALLIN

Activity: 665
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 06:53:17 PM

This was the kind of response I was waiting for from the developers. I guess rpietila takes on the role as the CEO which kind of makes sense.

A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
`Join us:██`Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github`
.ATHERO
.Internet 3.0 solution
TheFascistMind

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 06:53:29 PM

So I take it you know fuck all every mathematical relationship in the universe known and to be found.

And now we have 3 equations with 3 variables with one employing multiplication 'bxG' and another subtraction 'qs - csx'. Let's think about how subtraction and multiplication interact in the simultaneous solution space and see if it doesn't narrow the solution space.
aminorex
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 06:57:03 PM

Maybe he's just planning a 51% attack and the "fatal flaw" is just a distraction?  Knowing BCX has at least 500BTC to expend on this if he wants ... it seems greater than 4 - 8% to me.

The probability of a 51% attack with the numbers you have mooted is vanishing.  Effectively zero.  The probability of a time-warp is miniscule, but meaningful.  Less than 4% certainly.
BUT:
1) he probably has more resources than you think, and
2) a marginally successful attack does not suffice to damage the ledger if it is deftly mitigated in the event.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
ajaxgeorge

Activity: 11

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 06:59:00 PM

The probability of a 51% attack with the numbers you have mooted is vanishing.  Effectively zero.  The probability of a time-warp is miniscule, but meaningful.  Less than 4% certainly.
BUT:
1) he probably has more resources than you think, and
2) a marginally successful attack does not suffice to damage the ledger if it is deftly mitigated in the event.

my maths may be way off.  if maybe I'm missing some 0's somewhere in the h/s - kh/s - mh/s comparison?

I see 51% as being very attainable here based on the pool info.  Where am I messing up at?
TheFascistMind

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 06:59:07 PM

I let myself to uncover a little anonymint's research that we was privately discussed this evening: imo it's not critical, it's not about stealing money and it's not coin killer. it's about anonymity that could be compromised on very rare situations(with some specific conditions) and untypical for current transactions distribution(if could call it so).

BBR apparently thinks anonymity is not important because most txs don't use it?
aminorex
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 07:00:18 PM

And now we have 3 equations with 3 variables with one employing multiplication 'bxG' and another subtraction 'qs - csx'. Let's think about how subtraction and multiplication interact in the simultaneous solution space and see if it doesn't narrow the solution space.

You expect to achieve a useful mathematical discussion in a troll thread?  It's pure drama here.  Seriously, get a grip.  You'd have so much less stress -- and probably improve your immune system health as a result -- if you didn't waste your energy on trolls anyhow.

evergrow

Activity: 426
Merit: 256

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 07:02:15 PM

You expect to achieve a useful mathematical discussion in a troll thread?  It's pure drama here.  Seriously, get a grip.

Last time I'm going to say it. If you expect real discussions open your own forum, period.
5w00p

Activity: 644
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 07:02:33 PM

Where am I messing up at?

In your math, maybe?
 Huh

my maths may be way off

Yes, & the pope may wear a funny hat.

maybe I'm missing some 0's somewhere in the h/s - kh/s - mh/s comparison?

Gee, ya think? Roll Eyes

Just fire up your ASIC farm, d00d! Totes wipe out the network, brah!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 139 »
  Print  

Jump to: