Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 07:40:29 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: delete  (Read 165497 times)
oliveforever

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 03:42:01 PM

He was posting that as evidence that everything was running as planned, not trying to make false claims.

It is sad that this thread has turned to be worship of me, but since the matter has surfaced:

The Haikko conference for me was more like a dream.

Lol, you barefaced liar. It was a nightmare for you!

http://paste.ee/p/nv6e1#ETTSpaJkqv5t4RM4kJ2vh9qw6kieSf8z

You legitimately tried to sue the hotel for 10 million euros ~100,000 BTC at the time
because you forgot your laptop in the sauna and the staff were walking around
You suspected the staff members of hacking you, you suspected the other attendees of conspiring against you.
you went CRAZY. bonkers crazy.
you were then taken into pyschiatric ward in finland shortly afterwards against your own will. literally had no shoelaces and no access to sharp cutlery for your own safety.

I am currently detained in a psychiatric institution in Helsinki

that was your manic phase. 1 million USD per BTC phase. Now you tell everyone the same old shit with XMR- that it will reach few thousand dollars.. 35 biillion dollar market cap? you are crazy.

I don't hate you for your issues, but warn investors to be careful. You wouldn't take trading advice from a schizophrenic bum on the street, so don't do it on forums

I will have to eat medication, though. .... As long as I do eat them, I will probably not be able to see the revelation of Bitcoin going to $300 per mBTC. But who cares, since my absence cannot in any way prevent it from doing just that, and I already had a difficult time with seeing so many truths where not many of the others saw them!

So from 15:00 I will be denied communication, and the prevention is to take away my communication equipment.

The meeting with the doctor ended in a mutual agreement that I am too manic to continue posting on this forum.

I think it's time to take away your communication equipment again. You are again entering your manic phase, risto

arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 03:45:23 PM

crypto currency and anonymity  is a "do not trust" system but come to think of it rpietila is the only person with a name, picture and info about him on this thread..i'm not saying that we follow him, maybe we can learn something from him.
Oscilson

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 03:47:00 PM

XMR dies today  Grin

I bet not.

robinwilliams

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 03:47:57 PM

What is more likely to produce an innovation that the whales can't think of? One altcoin run by a bureaucracy or many altcoins competing until one spontaneously attracts millions of users?

dude you're asking me to compare apples to oranges.  top down (per coin) is the dictator developer (nazi germany) trying to get massive buy in (hitler for his crowds which is the bottom up buy in)

the bureaucracy (bitcoin foundation / monero) is more like america or maybe england where whales slowly move the coin around and try to get buy in - more of an egaltarian rule.

both are competeing for the "bottom up buy in" but doing so in different ways.  one is a dictatorship (single dev) the other is a competing coin using a kinda egaltarian approach.

it depends on what you mean by bottom up method?  are you talking about authority structure & descision making?  then egaltarian is more bottom up approach.  (not as bottom up as democracy ... which eventually by necessity leads to egaltariansism )

Or are you talking about WHAT APPROACH the coin takes (is it friendly / trying to capture little fishes or big fishes)?  in THAT case it would all depend on the desicions being made by the dictator or the egaltarians ... either one could be a more "bottom up" coin.

You legitimately tried to sue the hotel for 10 million euros ~100,000 BTC at the time
You suspected the staff members of hacking you, you suspected the other attendees of conspiring against you.

dude did u get your 100,000 bitcoins back?
YarkoL
Legendary

Activity: 996
Merit: 1013

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 03:48:28 PM

Can someone please point me to a resource which explains the TW attack in more detail? I've seen ArtForz's post showing how the timestamps can be backed up in time for coins which don't overlap the retarget of difficulty. Is there still a TW vulnerability for coins that overlap their difficulty retarget windows?

The last timewarp discussion was during the AUR debacle
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=552895.0

“God does not play dice"
darlidada

Activity: 723
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 03:49:52 PM

Ready to bet 5 BTC that todays attack won't kill XMR or other CryptoNote-based coin. Who want to answer ?

Details:
1. The bet is about exploit that could uncover wallet's private keys, or some other exploit that allow to steal money.  i insist that it is not possible.
(time warp attack also could be dangeros, if it will be found, but will be fixed pretty fast with checkpoints and diff algo adjustment, and won't hurt project much, so we not taking into account that kind of attack).

2. If someone ready to answer we both should transfer coins to surfer43 as guarantee.

Zoidberg

anyone wanna take the bet?
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 03:52:10 PM

I have never met a genius who could not benefit from counsel.  Only a small minority could never benefit from appropriate psychiatric help.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
TheFascistMind

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 03:55:10 PM

What is more likely to produce an innovation that the whales can't think of? One altcoin run by a bureaucracy or many altcoins competing until one spontaneously attracts millions of users?

dude you're asking me to compare apples to oranges.  top down (per coin) is the dictator developer (nazi germany) trying to get massive buy in (hitler for his crowds which is the bottom up buy in)

the bureaucracy (bitcoin foundation / monero) is more like america or maybe england where whales slowly move the coin around and try to get buy in - more of an egaltarian rule.

Nazi germany was a collectivist outcome which no citizen could opt-of. A single developer (or small teams) in control of his (their) coin, where there are 1000 other choices for investors to opt-in to is bottom-up.

If you think any democracy is egalitarian or bottom-up, then I think it is pointless for me to continue.

Btw, I originally started this line of discussion because rpietila wrote MEW would police its own members and interface with "LEOs".

Afaik, rpietila believes as Armstrong does that bad authorities are the problem. Whereas, I think the problem is structural and good people become bad authorities whether they like it or not. I thus abhor top-down structure and love bottom-up freedom.
robinwilliams

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 03:57:10 PM

Nazi germany was a collectivist outcome which no citizen could opt-of. A single developer in control of his coin, where there are 1000 other choices for investors to opt-in to is bottom-up.

no it wasn't.  it was a dictator capitalizing on making people think it was a collectivist outcome.

french revolution would have been true "bottom up" society ...

probably it is pointless.  u trying to make things fit together that just don't.  and it's starting to make my head hurt.

you're a smart guy - but your pride will drive you insane someday.  mark my words.
mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 03:58:56 PM

He was posting that as evidence that everything was running as planned, not trying to make false claims.

It is sad that this thread has turned to be worship of me, but since the matter has surfaced:

you were then taken into pyschiatric ward in finland shortly afterwards against your own will. literally had no shoelaces and no access to sharp cutlery for your own safety.

that was your manic phase. 1 million USD per BTC phase. Now you tell everyone the same old shit with XMR- that it will reach few thousand dollars.. 35 biillion dollar market cap? you are crazy.

I don't hate you for your issues, but warn investors to be careful. You wouldn't take trading advice from a schizophrenic bum on the street, so don't do it on forums

I will have to eat medication, though. .... As long as I do eat them, I will probably not be able to see the revelation of Bitcoin going to $300 per mBTC. But who cares, since my absence cannot in any way prevent it from doing just that, and I already had a difficult time with seeing so many truths where not many of the others saw them!

So from 15:00 I will be denied communication, and the prevention is to take away my communication equipment.

The meeting with the doctor ended in a mutual agreement that I am too manic to continue posting on this forum.

I think it's time to take away your communication equipment again. You are again entering your manic phase, risto

well it doesn't help, because his followers are so delusional that literally would deny the sun light... the same people and him call me then systematic hater and obssessed, you fucking fools have no idea what you are talking about.... you are more delusional than him (risto) at least he is a crazy delusional who happen to be a lucky rich person.  
TheFascistMind

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 03:59:11 PM

mark my words.

As you instructed.
rdnkjdi
Legendary

Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 04:01:49 PM

oliveforever

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 04:02:40 PM

My greatest contribution to bitcoin economy was the calculation that 1 Bitcoin is worth $300,000 U.S. Dollars

That suddenly became this

The most egregious prediction I actually have made, is the belief that Bitcoin would reach $300,000 by the end of 2013. Because I believed this myself, I went nearly all-in when the price was $100, and sold a few months later to buy a castle and other nice things. So I was wrong with the number but right on the timing.

Now we have this (notice similarities and inconsistencies?) Did he buy at $3 like he said there? $10, like he said otherwise, or $100 like he said above? - Also about him being present in 2010- Complete lie.

I thought about investing a few months, and when decided to invest, the high price delayed it an additional few months. Bought in starting at $3 and made my first meaningful exit at $675, trading here and there.

Currently I am more interested in Monero, though. Monero makes me feel like Bitcoin in 2010, tons of potential and a $6MM market cap. I actually was there so I can compare the feeling. It will become really big, 1000x gain just to match what Bitcoin is now.

http://barnapkinmemoirs.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/picard-facepalm.jpg

You could not make this shit up...

pa

Activity: 528
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 04:04:37 PM

It's hard to discern from this thread the current status of BCX's threatened attack. Is XMR still in danger? Has BCX called off the attack? Has the attack been attempted but failed?

Secondarily, should crypto-currencies (not just XMR) be defended from similar attacks by offering bounties for information leading to the arrest and conviction of those involved in attacks disrupting transactions or leading to theft of coins? If crypto-currency is property, then it has lawful owners, no? What's the difference between launching a time warp attack and robbing a gold depository?
rdnkjdi
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 04:05:37 PM

Why is a troll trolling Anonymint?

Why are we talking about Risto's past in a mental institution?  Or failed bitcoin predictions?  What believer in bitcoin has NOT had failed predictions?

Secondarily, should crypto-currencies (not just XMR) be defended from similar attacks by offering bounties for information leading to the arrest and conviction of those involved in attacks disrupting transactions or leading to theft of coins? If crypto-currency is property, then it has lawful owners, no? What's the difference between launching a time warp attack and robbing a gold depository?

You want the technology protection decentralized money.  Not centralized authorities or this is never going anywhere.
robinwilliams

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 04:07:43 PM

Why is a troll trolling Anonymint?

i'm less of a troll than most of the posts in this thread dumbass  Roll Eyes
Patel
Legendary

Activity: 1321
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 04:25:25 PM

Forced evolution still happening?
alz

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 04:25:55 PM

ROTFL!

I almost questioned his mental health after seeing that pic of him with the ankle swingers standing proudly in front of Elton Johns old rolls royce!
now I see he really has serious issues I feel somewhat guilty.......

But in all seriousness if this thread represents the collective mentality of monero holders I would posit that for some reason it seems to represent the "special"(think special needs) segment of the crypto community as a whole!

BTC - 1GJ2dWf8WBznTtkuuof3WTBXQAULaqVGYj LTC - LTyCKKCGHJQZwsh5YhyzGeee4womQwChUU DASH - Xp5pq62dgJxmbhawyNtWMKT9Rst8JgNCY7
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 04:27:02 PM

You want the technology protection decentralized money.  Not centralized authorities or this is never going anywhere.

Yes you eventually want that. I'm not sure that a free for all on malicious exploits at every stage of development is most efficient path to that end.

How does attacking achieve that goal more effectively than providing information about some flaw you have discovered to the developers so they can fix it?

More likely the attackers' goals are not the same as your goals.
rdnkjdi
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 04:39:25 PM

This thread =

You want the technology protection decentralized money.  Not centralized authorities or this is never going anywhere.

Yes you eventually want that. I'm not sure that a free for all on malicious exploits at every stage of development is most efficient path to that end.

How does attacking achieve that goal more effectively than providing information about some flaw you have discovered to the developers so they can fix it?

More likely the attackers' goals are not the same as your goals.

Sure - in this instance I 100% agree it would be optimal if the attacker / actor acted like we think he should.  But to think him acting in the way we think he should is going to be the rule (rather than the exception) is simply not plausible for future situations.  

In fact - he's given way more of a heads up (perhaps to pet his ego more than to help - but whatever) than an attacker with the primary goal of malicious intent would.  I'm not sure BCX even knows what his end game is.  But trying to control - or even thinking we exert any control at all in how people act towards a coin without controlling it thru technology / blockchain to me is a result of a lagging worldview.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 139 »
  Print  

Jump to: