Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:32:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 112 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BRK] Breakout Coin | Sale June 13 2016 | Multicurrencies | Smart Contracts  (Read 243294 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
BreakoutGaming

Activity: 246
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 09:50:16 AM
Last edit: October 06, 2014, 10:42:25 AM by BreakoutGaming

And you just registered to let us know it on your first post... sounds legit.

barabbas, here is my 1st post:

"I have been involved with Breakout since May, helping with poker & I have to admit - this team is an amazing collection of talent & hard work - they have to be destined for success."

Wow. Too many (anonymous) people on the team. It gets confusing...

barrabbas, we have over 40 members working on this project and many of them were unfamiliar with cryptocurrencies until joining the BRO team.  Please forgive us if there has been any confusion, most of us are trying to say hello in support of BRO.  I believe most of the team have introduced themselves and their respective roles.  Feel free to ask any of the posters if they are related to Breakout Gaming and their respective roles in the company.  Thanks.

**edit** Breakout Gaming has the most transparent team in the entire crypto community.  Most of the core members are listed on our breakoutcoin.com site.

Except for one thing: You guys use anonymous handles here... I assume you are Jay Berg. am I right? And if so -and that and every case, why not use your real names instead of anon handles?

Edit to add: Why a censored thread?

barrabbas,  this thread is handled by multiple support staff in order to answer questions and respond to posts such as yours in a timely manner. Some of the members have introduced themselves and others have created new accounts to show support.  If a member wants to create an account using his legal name, we are leaving the decision up to each individual.  The names of very prominent people on our team that have been made public should speak for the credibility of the project.  Please follow the links to the core team members profile pages.

http://fundraiser.breakoutgaming.com/the-team/
http://fundraiser.breakoutgaming.com/all-stars/

Why a censored thread?

While we believe in free speech, we do not believe an individual has a right to deliberately use that freedom with the sole intent to cause harm. This type of answer has been explained more eloquently by others as argument of a moderated thread, so no need to get into a long answer.  We do understand that there are those who feel moderated threads are unnecessary.  

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
████BREAKOUT STAKEWEBSITEMULTICURRENCY SMART CONTRACTS + SIDECHAINS ANN ★  COINSALE July 10 – July 24  ████
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ofortuna

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 09:55:26 AM
Last edit: October 06, 2014, 10:06:22 AM by ofortuna

████BREAKOUT STAKEWEBSITEMULTICURRENCY SMART CONTRACTS + SIDECHAINS ANN ★  COINSALE July 10 – July 24  ████
BreakoutGaming

Activity: 246

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 10:23:12 AM

"I have been involved with Breakout since May, helping with poker & I have to admit - this team is an amazing collection of talent & hard work - they have to be destined for success."

barrabbas, we have over 40 members working on this project and many of them were unfamiliar with cryptocurrencies until joining the BRO team.  Please forgive us if there has been any confusion, most of us are trying to say hello in support of BRO.  I believe most of the team have introduced themselves and their respective roles.  Feel free to ask any of the posters if they are related to Breakout Gaming and their respective roles in the company.  Thanks.

**edit** Breakout Gaming has the most transparent team in the entire crypto community.  Most of the core members are listed on our breakoutcoin.com site.

(and here the concept is even more confusing for Wells and his Soda & Lime are part of the "team", whatever that means... is it team of developers?

As for the "pros", what is their level of involvement? Are they just being paid for lending their name to support the project or do they have any future activity/interest? If they are simply endorsing the project, how much are they being paid and for how long are they committed?

Finally, what happens when regulation comes -and it IS coming, in the US-. I am assuming you are based in the US... What happens when gambling is prosecuted as an illegal activity in the US?

Bonner Bellew and Joshua Wells and their newly formed Soda & Lime is responsible for our Creative Design and Social Media outlets.  When we mention “team” we are talking about anyone who has contributed to the project.  Sorry about the confusion.

Each “Marketing Pro” has their individual deal and not available for disclosure on a public forum.  However, I can tell you they are all committed to the project entirely and believe in the future of cryptocurrency (although not all have extensive knowledge of crypto tech  Roll Eyes ). All the pros will be participating for the long-term foreseeable future (hint: marketing agreements) with the promotion of the BRO coin and gaming sites.  Gamers will get a chance to play with the “pros” in freeroll tournaments and “live” games when available. While the marketing pros are used to large 6-7 figure compensation, we feel very fortunate we were able to persuade them to join our team with only BRO and a dream.  

As mentioned in a previous post, Breakout Gaming will be positioned to address both players’ desire for privacy and regulators demand to meet both KYC and AML rules.  Breakout Gaming separates itself from typical crypto gaming sites by making sure that its games and features will only be deployed in “legal-to-play” markets.

We are also adding new members to our "pro team" as Brand Ambassadors.  Do you have what it takes to be a top gaming pro? Do you Dominate your opponents? If you are a world-class eSports competitor, Poker phenom or feared Fantasy sports pro and interested in opportunities as a Breakout Brand Ambassador, please contact us at team@breakoutgaming.com.

brother3

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 10:53:13 AM

The last sentence got me  Grin

http://www.cardplayer.com/poker-news/17851-man-saved-by-slot-machine-as-police-were-about-to-arrest-him-over-unpaid-fine
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 04:16:55 PM
Last edit: October 06, 2014, 05:03:00 PM by barabbas

Except for one thing: You guys use anonymous handles here... I assume you are Jay Berg. am I right? And if so -and that and every case, why not use your real names instead of anon handles?

barrabbas,  this thread is handled by multiple support staff in order to answer questions and respond to posts such as yours in a timely manner. Some of the members have introduced themselves and others have created new accounts to show support.  If a member wants to create an account using his legal name, we are leaving the decision up to each individual.  The names of very prominent people on our team that have been made public should speak for the credibility of the project.  Please follow the links to the core team members profile pages.

http://fundraiser.breakoutgaming.com/the-team/
http://fundraiser.breakoutgaming.com/all-stars/

Why a censored thread?

While we believe in free speech, we do not believe an individual has a right to deliberately use that freedom with the sole intent to cause harm. This type of answer has been explained more eloquently by others as argument of a moderated thread, so no need to get into a long answer.  We do understand that there are those who feel moderated threads are unnecessary.  

You cannot have it both ways. The ONLY reason to have a censored thread is to de facto eliminate freedom of speech and there's no legitimate way to justify it.

No "ifs' no "buts".
jaybny

Activity: 410

Proof-of-Skill - protoblock.com

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2014, 04:51:46 PM

I am Jay Berg and my handle is jaybny. I dont use any other handle, I do help out OP with html, so I am able to post as BreakoutCoin , but for the most part im jaybny.

its a self-moderated thread, and I dont believe any posts are being deleted. There are many reasons for a moderated thread, and is common practice for announcements. Please feel free to start a new thread on the topic, which wont be moderated.

In the PRE-ANN thread,  there was a scammers impersonating "breakoutCoin" by adding an "s" , breakoutcoins, and he posted a bitcoin address and was trying to scam, this is the reason for a self-moderated thread. 

Protoblock turns knowledge of American football into Fantasybit coin, a margin token used to monetize leveraged skill.

https://twitter.com/jaybny/status/1022596877332762624
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 04:58:19 PM

(and here the concept is even more confusing for Wells and his Soda & Lime are part of the "team", whatever that means... is it team of developers?

As for the "pros", what is their level of involvement? Are they just being paid for lending their name to support the project or do they have any future activity/interest? If they are simply endorsing the project, how much are they being paid and for how long are they committed?

Finally, what happens when regulation comes -and it IS coming, in the US-. I am assuming you are based in the US... What happens when gambling is prosecuted as an illegal activity in the US?

Bonner Bellew and Joshua Wells and their newly formed Soda & Lime is responsible for our Creative Design and Social Media outlets.  When we mention “team” we are talking about anyone who has contributed to the project.  Sorry about the confusion.

Each “Marketing Pro” has their individual deal and not available for disclosure on a public forum.  However, I can tell you they are all committed to the project entirely and believe in the future of cryptocurrency (although not all have extensive knowledge of crypto tech  Roll Eyes ). All the pros will be participating for the long-term foreseeable future (hint: marketing agreements) with the promotion of the BRO coin and gaming sites.  Gamers will get a chance to play with the “pros” in freeroll tournaments and “live” games when available. While the marketing pros are used to large 6-7 figure compensation, we feel very fortunate we were able to persuade them to join our team with only BRO and a dream.  

As mentioned in a previous post, Breakout Gaming will be positioned to address both players’ desire for privacy and regulators demand to meet both KYC and AML rules.  Breakout Gaming separates itself from typical crypto gaming sites by making sure that its games and features will only be deployed in “legal-to-play” markets.

We are also adding new members to our "pro team" as Brand Ambassadors.  Do you have what it takes to be a top gaming pro? Do you Dominate your opponents? If you are a world-class eSports competitor, Poker phenom or feared Fantasy sports pro and interested in opportunities as a Breakout Brand Ambassador, please contact us at team@breakoutgaming.com.

In other words, zero transparency in effect, since not even you are willing to identify yourself and prefer to remain hidden behind the handle. Check.

No amount of caustic rhetoric will dim the fact that, in most of the US, gambling is illegal. And federally prosecuted. By several agencies, more notably the FBI. So, to be quite clear, except for residents of Nevada and Atlantic City, gambling in your sites will be an illegal activity no matter where your sites are registered in. Digital currencies themselves are already regulated in New York, with much more coming in there and everywhere so this gambling operation, as far as the US is concerned, is a non-viable enterprise.

The "pro" endorsement/marketing plan... well, these "celebrities" are so, in a quickly diminishing way, in the world of poker ONLY. And not nearly the cream of the crop in that world either. The poker tour has been demoted to "infomercial TV time" already for a long time. And the "endorsements" these "pros" can get these days are nil. None... since the best ones they used to have years ago were for "gaming websites" that have gradually disappeared to federal prosecution and the remaining ones being shot down one at a time... regardless where, geographically, they are based. So the actual value of that support is doubtful at best.

There is also still no explanation of what Bergstake is (in a comprehensible way, I mean) but, at this point, in what concerns me, it is no longer necessary for I don't consider your project to be viable, sorry.
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 05:00:29 PM

I am Jay Berg and my handle is jaybny. I dont use any other handle, I do help out OP with html, so I am able to post as BreakoutCoin , but for the most part im jaybny.

its a self-moderated thread, and I dont believe any posts are being deleted. There are many reasons for a moderated thread, and is common practice for announcements. Please feel free to start a new thread on the topic, which wont be moderated.

In the PRE-ANN thread,  there was a scammers impersonating "breakoutCoin" by adding an "s" , breakoutcoins, and he posted a bitcoin address and was trying to scam, this is the reason for a self-moderated thread. 

Thanks for answering and identifying yourself Jay.

The excuses for the censored thread are just not serious, sorry.
jaybny

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2014, 05:01:54 PM

but it hasn't been censored. 

Protoblock turns knowledge of American football into Fantasybit coin, a margin token used to monetize leveraged skill.

barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 05:03:46 PM

It will be. There's no other purpose to it.
jaybny

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2014, 05:06:31 PM

i disagree. its good practice to self-moderate an "official" ICO thread. 

barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 05:21:54 PM

i disagree. its good practice to self-moderate an "official" ICO thread. 

Oh and, by the way, at least one post has been deleted. Peculiarly enough, one that has been repeatedly quoted (by you, among others), before deletion. Go figure.
jaybny

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2014, 05:30:20 PM

Oh and, by the way, at least one post has been deleted. Peculiarly enough, one that has been repeatedly quoted (by you, among others), before deletion. Go figure.
ok. now your just spreading FUD. op said it can be deleted because its off topic... bottom line, no-one is trying to hide anything. why would I quote a post im trying to hide?

barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 05:34:25 PM

ok. now your just spreading FUD. op said it can be deleted because its off topic... bottom line, no-one is trying to hide anything. why would I quote a post im trying to hide?

That's what makes it peculiar... And the post was quite on topic. Check it for yourself, it's at the very beginning (first page). You guys fully quote the post but have actually deleted it.

Ah the ubiquitous FUD... you can just go right ahead and delete my uncomfortable posts with all those pesky questions. The FUD excuse is old, very old.
Anonz

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 05:51:42 PM

well this can turn good.

Anonz want to remain Anonymous. It's up to those who follow along with us.  My favorite coins?  Magi, Bitcoin, and Darkcoin. Thread about XMG: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=735170.0 - Market of XMG: https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-XMG - #Magi on Freenode IRC:  https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/#magi
jaybny

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2014, 05:51:52 PM

That's what makes it peculiar... And the post was quite on topic. Check it for yourself, it's at the very beginning (first page). You guys fully quote the post but have actually deleted it.

Ah the ubiquitous FUD... you can just go right ahead and delete my uncomfortable posts with all those pesky questions. The FUD excuse is old, very old.
seriously move one...  that quote was from a different thread, that was replaced with this one.  just move on, your really off base here. nothing is being censored.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=808595.msg9060864#msg9060864

Gutshot_Cal

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 05:57:40 PM

Yes it has.  Several posts linking to old stories about some of the poker players were deleted.  So was my first post here, asking why.  I'm new to crypto. 
brother3

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 06:04:48 PM

In the PRE-ANN thread,  there was a scammers impersonating "breakoutCoin" by adding an "s" , breakoutcoins, and he posted a bitcoin address and was trying to scam, this is the reason for a self-moderated thread.  

Yes it has.  Several posts linking to old stories about some of the poker players were deleted.  So was my first post here, asking why.  I'm new to crypto.  

Random drive-by, NEWLY created troll accounts will not be tolerated.  Legitimate questions will always be answered.  

ofortuna

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 06:11:55 PM

Hello,

I have been consulting with Breakout Gaming regarding the post-ICO business model, which will be a legal, licensed operator, with offerings across igaming markets , and across a variety of games.

Feel free to ask about the gaming business to be launched, and its unique features to support BRO, one that will serve post-ICO to bring in traditional fiat gamers to the BRO economy.  

David

Will you offer poker and casino to clients in USA?? That's probably the most important question??If not there is a little value in the project

I tend to disagree with your business analysis for a variety of reasons:

1. There is a big gaming world outside the US, so finding "value" only in terms of the US markets is somewhat artificially limiting the scope of gaming opportunities.

2. In any event, there are business models and gaming channels available to US residents that can be offered.  Breakout will be offering as many varieties of gaming as it can, legally (and profitably) , across US State markets, including fantasy games, skill games and the like.

3. A open-ended term like "poker and casino" also tends to cover more ground than may be intended in your question. There even are many variants of poker and casino models offered legally to US customers as well.  None of them do much to promote cryptocurrency adoption or offer prizing in crypto.

Gzesh covers US markets earlier.  I also quoted his introduction.

jaybny

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2014, 06:21:10 PM

Yes it has.  Several posts linking to old stories about some of the poker players were deleted.  So was my first post here, asking why.  I'm new to crypto.  

this is news to me.

please use this thread for anything goes discussions:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=813333

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 112 »
  Print  

Jump to: