Elated/joyful
Happy/loving
Excited/surprised
Industrious/content
Fearful
Sad
Y
N

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 247 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto Kingdom - 1991 Retro Virtual World(City)  (Read 632634 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 01:37:25 PM
Last edit: October 22, 2014, 01:44:02 PM by rpietila

Just a question, Am I also part of the current players?

I'm also interested in playing when it's released Smiley

None other except the ones listed in the above post are among current players. A player is entitled to 1 character only.

Currently we limit the number of characters (and thus, players) by the "minimum 1000 gold" rule. So you have to pay likely over 100 XMR just to play at this point. But the gold becomes yours, and is valuable and useful in many ways so the money is not wasted.

If "by when it is released" you mean the online version, it will be released 2014-11-16. But there will be many things happening before that you don't want to miss out, such as the release of the City Map, land speculation and building editor in 2014-10-26.

This post lists the ways how to acquire gold at this point, and to get in the game as a result.

Link to the ongoing gold auction (CLOSES Wed 6pm GMT).

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gwada971

Activity: 32
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 03:02:20 PM

Dear King,

Will be honored as a young sailor, by the name of Damoiseau, to explore the new world in the name of the King. Bring the good faith and trade all the good values i could find !!

Long Life

iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 06:39:55 PM

is a referral system going to be implemented?

Looking for a signature campaign.
MadCow

Activity: 655
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 05:15:08 AM

This is very cool! I've put in a bid for the gold auction, hope I get lucky!

What else can I do to get gold now? Is anyone selling?
Shrikez

Activity: 399
Merit: 263

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 08:18:37 AM

Considering the price level of the gold auction I will have to sneak in by the beggar gate later in the game.

Die Würde des Menschen ist unantastbar
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2014, 08:55:33 AM

Hi created a wikia for Crypto Kingdom. Wikia is like Wikipedia, but for communities and proved time and time again a great tool as a reference for hardcore game, introduction for newbies and promotion for would-be players. Help us achieve the same goals for Crypto Kingdom and remember: any can edit everything!

http://cryptokingdom.wikia.com/

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2014, 11:16:50 AM

Hi created a wikia for Crypto Kingdom. Wikia is like Wikipedia, but for communities and proved time and time again a great tool as a reference for hardcore game, introduction for newbies and promotion for would-be players. Help us achieve the same goals for Crypto Kingdom and remember: any can edit everything!
http://cryptokingdom.wikia.com/

Nice work. Impressive.
Who is currently selling gold right now ?
EDIT : Oh yes, the auction thread. Never mind.
Hmm... really hard to decide.
For those who cannot get gold from auctions, I will sell some of mine.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
McHaggis

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 11:49:12 AM

Nice work on the wiki, are you planning to convert Ristos original google document on the inner workings of it to the wiki as well?
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 12:01:13 PM

For those who cannot get gold from auctions, I will sell some of mine.

Aaah,,, finally. Kiss of death to the auction price rise!  Grin

I am sure we agree that 0.24 is a good price for Earl David to start distributing his excess possessions.

A calculation from yesterday about the possible value of gold showed that:

- as 1,000 lots, the stone generated will be worth 0.05 XMR/gold;
- the labor pool payouts, arising from the right to play, will be worth ~0.05 XMR/gold.

So the Ancient era "dividends" in total would be about 0.10 XMR/gold, and the rest must be attributed to the "remaining value" at the start of Economy, and the willingness to enter the game among the first ones.

The risk is that the game never takes off, which would make playing not so prestigious (but nevertheless fun).

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 01:00:18 PM

The building phase will begin soon, and the current characters will have accumulated roughly the following amounts of stone by its start (assuming no changes in ownership of gold):

Code:
HM The King.................	1.4 M
David, Earl of Armagnac.... 500k
Lord NewLiberty............ 200k
Master James Syme........ 200k
Master Ale.................. 200k
Riccardo, Earl of F. S.... 100k
drfred....................... 100k
others........................ 50k each

TOTAL......................... 3.5 M

HM would feel pleased to build a city wall around 2 chapelries, but that will consume 1.1 M stone. The planned 4 towers for guarding the gates would add 0.1 M each (even if modest). The paving of all streets even without the central square is 1.5 M stone.

HM has already abandoned his plan to build The Royal Palace straight away as unrealistic (that would be millions of stone). A modest palace he will have to begin with is a few hundred k stone. In addition there will be a golden obelisk to mark the center of the city.

The gold in existence is not sufficient to cover all the planned buildings, especially as we feel that the citizens want to build their own houses as well (in addition to the warm feeling, they give labor pool payout bonuses).

Now, therefore:

- HM will build the city wall regardless and feels it his duty to do it himself (he owns the land afterall). If things seem bad, it will be lower than the planned 5 meters (rules allow for minimum 3 meters).

- The towers for city wall may be built by groupwork, since they will remain in Town land. If you want to design or donate stone/XMR, chime in!

- The streets will be dirt for now, for the lack of paving. Maybe we could attach the requirement to pave the street in front of your house...?

- HM will build the central obelisk and a small paved town square around it. It will technically remain in HM land, so he is now asking donations for himself.  Embarrassed  Wink The idea is that all characters have a chance to donate, prorated to their ownership of gold, the amount needed to gild the obelisk, which is about 1,600 gold. (Opting out is an option, and will have to be for the ones not having excess gold to donate.) This would make us feel more like a community, and the donators' names would be inscribed to a gold plaque in the base of the obelisk. Later, more plaques would be added to make it a memorial to the builders of the city during its growth.

- Earl David is contemplating of building a church. He may accept donations, ask him.

David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2014, 01:06:52 PM
Last edit: October 22, 2014, 03:38:19 PM by David Latapie

Nice work on the wiki, are you planning to convert Ristos original google document on the inner workings of it to the wiki as well?
Some I already did. I expect YOU, the community, to do it (me included - I am part of the community)

Aaah,,, finally. Kiss of death to the auction price rise!  Grin
Not exactly, since no one knows how much I will sell (maybe not even me) and I will definitely have less than the king to sell. So "I'll wait for David" might not be a good strategy, no Osbourne effect. You don't know the price or if, whatever the price is, there will be some gold left by the time you want to play. So, better safe than sorry, buy when you can Smiley

The risk is that the game never takes off, which would make playing not so prestigious (but nevertheless fun).
That should remain the most important thing. Money is a means to an end, not an end in itself (this I say for the crowd, not for the King who already knows it).

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 04:05:52 PM

(families will be implemented in version 5).
Isn't it supposed to be on version 6?

Between my post that you quoted, and the publishing of the rulebook, the Version number for Genesis was changed from 0 to 1. This is the reason for the apparent confusion.

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 05:11:56 PM

when does stone stop being generated?

in building or in ancients?

Last stone (as a dividend of gold) will be generated for the year 1600, which is the first year of Economy era, 2015-1-18.

Since that, stone will be generated in quarries that are operated by characters. They are located in the city area.

luigi1111
Legendary

Activity: 1105
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 12:06:41 AM

Wow, just read the whole thread. I can see I've been missing out! Heading over to the auction thread now...
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 12:17:35 AM

could be possible to publish a spreadsheet after the auction with gold and stone ?

This google spreadsheet already exists and it will be polished to be published as part of the Version 1.1: Building. Despite having a launch date of this Sunday, it is possible that it will be published prior to the ending of the auction (I believe it will boost the auction results a lot, to see the city map with your own eyes, plus the possibilities for constructing grand edifices and all the new rules).

Tomorrow (in about 12 real-hours) I will write the Kingdom Tidings, and include gold and stone balances of all characters.

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 10:00:18 AM

Good. Seems King works hard.  Grin

There is a misconception that ruling means not doing anything. On the contrary, ruling is very hard work because the degrees of freedom are often less than with the ones being ruled. The King needs to do what it takes to maintain peace and prosperity in the Kingdom, and cannot fool around like the young nobles do. Often it requires doing nothing, which is hard if it is forced upon you. In other times, it requires you to live in Pacific timezone despite residing in Estonia and working 16/7.

Also the King's finances are a pressing affair of state. The maintenance of real-life 3,500 square-meter Malla Palace (whose ingame 1,200 sqm miniature costs ~1,300 XMR to build, not including the gilded roof with ~2,700 XMR recovery value), is eating the King's treasury like a worm. With the help of the income in the game and the gold sales, the King will feel more comfortable to attend to the Palaces in the real life also. Taxable event is never constituted, because the income from ingame sales of virtual items (gold) stays ingame as virtual items (XMR).

What will come next as regards the game:
- soon (Thursday morning, 1426) list of characters with their balances
- quite soon (Saturday, 1430) publishing of the Rulebook v. 1.1 Building, and the character database, city map, and building editor
- rather soon (Saturday, 7pm GMT, 1430) the gold auction ends
- almost soon (Sunday, 1432) first land grants, and characters may build buildings

What is needed:
- Building inspector / Archivist / Cartographer. The buildings need to be checked that they conform to the rules, before they are built. Game databases of lot ownership, city map (detailed) and city map (overview), resource consumption etc. must be updated. Utmost care must be exercised in handling the databases. This is not for a loose character. You receive 500,000 moneritos (/ negotiable) fee for every transaction. PM me.

- Architect. This voluntary profession is to design pleasing buildings that conform to the rules and are easily accepted by the Building inspector. (Saving the work from rich busy players who can't take the time to master the building rules and design their buildings themselves.) Architect's work is about 5% of the total cost, so designing a building whose value is 200 XMR, might net the architect 10 XMR if he can make such a deal. PM me also, you might get hold of the editor earlier.

gwada971

Activity: 32
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 02:53:41 PM

i have yet my idea of what type of house i would like to build, something very important in a town to keep it in peace Wink

http://aprilis420.deviantart.com/art/Petyr-Baelish-334362847
paulsonnumismatics

Activity: 265
Merit: 250

Honni Soit Qui Mal i Pense

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 07:46:41 PM

The buildings will be "enter-able"? Im envisioning something like the old old Ultima Online mixed with Zelda-like rooms... i am right? So we can just decide between different arrangements on a given 8x8 plot, etc... Am i in the same page?
Boy i remember my old days at Luna Trading in UO Europa... The BOD Empire that we run with Vita Drakonia i think it was the most massive organization in the whole game xDD

This space is for lease, apparently.
joebob999

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 07:50:44 PM

it would be pretty badass to allow people to set up betting taverns around NFL sunday, soccer matches etc in this game.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 08:37:29 PM
Last edit: October 28, 2014, 01:12:04 AM by rpietila

The buildings will be "enter-able"? Im envisioning something like the old old Ultima Online mixed with Zelda-like rooms... i am right? So we can just decide between different arrangements on a given 8x8 plot, etc... Am i in the same page?
Boy i remember my old days at Luna Trading in UO Europa... The BOD Empire that we run with Vita Drakonia i think it was the most massive organization in the whole game xDD

I am busy with the building editor currently. Some sneak peeks:

- A quadrat is 10 x 10 meters and is the smallest lot. The lots inside the first City Walls will be 1x1, 2x1, 3x1, 2x2, 3x2 and 3x3 quadrats.
- Buildings must be built with stone with 1 m thick walls including interior walls.
- A building can be 20 m high, and therefore up to 6 stories + roof garden if the intention is to maximize the number of floors.
- Realistic arching rules for supporting the great mass of stone may necessitate the use of buttresses and supporting columns, and limit the span of arching to 4 meters (with low arching that does not eat the height and acts as the floor of the upper story) or 12 meters (with high arching that uses up height at a 45-degree angle, making it impractical to build above it, but suitable for cathedrals and great halls).
- Latest in the online Version 3: Sandbox (2014-12-14), every "room" (actual room in a building, and other space, such as street, lawn or rooftop) will be enterable and contain a local Trollbox-style chat.
- The same version will allow customizable activities that the owners can install in the rooms, and the visitors use them.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 247 »
  Print  

Jump to: