Elated/joyful
Happy/loving
Excited/surprised
Industrious/content
Fearful
Sad
Y
N

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 247 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto Kingdom - 1991 Retro Virtual World(City)  (Read 632635 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
paulsonnumismatics

Activity: 265
Merit: 250

Honni Soit Qui Mal i Pense

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 09:36:41 PM

it would be pretty badass to allow people to set up betting taverns around NFL sunday, soccer matches etc in this game.

Im pretty sure betting will be allowed, a man has to be able to spend his hard earned moneritos... earned by his servants, i mean... xD

@rpietila amazing detail! I just hope you are not soon overwhelmed with all the development. Do we have some coders already on it? Boy this will need a whole bunch of them...

I have a whole lot more of questions about housing (for me one key part of any really good online game) but i refrain for shooting them as i guess the vast majority  will be answered on the upcoming Rulebook.

One more idea i want to throw in: Taken from the wonderful Star Wars An Empire Divided MMO, which basically failed because technical reasons, not concept: The Quality of components.
When building a new (lets say) iron mine, the possible outcomes are:
(D100 roll)
1- 01-20 Poor quality iron: decay of items made with it (weapons, armor, house structure, carts for merchant caravans) is a +25% faster.
2- 21-80 Average Iron - Non modifier to standard decay rate
3- 81-95 Excellent Iron - -25% to rate of decay
4- 96-100 Legendary Iron - Provides a -70% to rate of decay

This rate mods are over base number, so if lets say, the weapons of your regiment/soldier (still dunno if you plan players to control several units of ppl or single servants) have a 100 durability and decay at a rate of 1 per game day, weapons crafted with Excellent Iron will decay 0.75 per day.

This system of course implies basically a database x4 to assess qualities, but also livens up the marketplace a lot. Also it opens new necessities/spendings/professions.
Two examples:
Prospector - Profession:
LEVEL - DESCRIPTION
0 - You heard Bobo Burger on the tavern that there are some dudes that can smell gold. His cousin knew someone that once saw one.
1 - Know the difference between a mountain of dirt and a mountain of actual stones.
2 - You are proficient with shovel and bucket, and have caved several traps and tombs. But thats another story.
3 - You are capable to instruct your workers when to use shovel, when pickaxe and how not to get buried themselves while doing it. +5 to D100 roll when discovering mine quality
4 - You are able to design a plan in order to exploit a mine more or less efficiently. +10 to D100 roll when discovering mine quality
5 - A Veteran prospector, can find quickly the best spots for looking for good quality ore. +15 to D100 roll when discovering mine quality.
6 - You are the Legendary Tunneler.Other miners come to see you from far lands to try to learn from you. +20  to D100 roll when discovering mine quality

Note that only level 6 profession virtually saves you for creating a mine on a poor quality iron spot.

Spendings: If lets say to build a mine cost 1,000,000 moneritos and 25,000 stones, Hiring the services of the Royal Cartographer School (For 500,000 moneritos) gives you a reroll possibility if the quality output of the mine is not the desired. That money will go to gross the vaults of our fearless leader, or maybe a part distributed in cascade to the rest of the Nobles, etc.

Ok, stop spam for today xD

This space is for lease, apparently.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 09:44:16 PM

Good ideas. I will give the approximate version number when I believe they could be implemented.
(Note that there are 9 versions per real-year so it comes quite fast Wink ).

Im pretty sure betting will be allowed, a man has to be able to spend his hard earned moneritos... earned by his servants, i mean... xD

Version 3.

One more idea i want to throw in: Taken from the wonderful Star Wars An Empire Divided MMO, which basically failed because technical reasons, not concept: The Quality of components.
When building a new (lets say) iron mine, the possible outcomes are:
(D100 roll)
1- 01-20 Poor quality iron: decay of items made with it (weapons, armor, house structure, carts for merchant caravans) is a +25% faster.
2- 21-80 Average Iron - Non modifier to standard decay rate
3- 81-95 Excellent Iron - -25% to rate of decay
4- 96-100 Legendary Iron - Provides a -70% to rate of decay

Version 12.

Prospector - Profession:
LEVEL - DESCRIPTION
0 - You heard Bobo Burger on the tavern that there are some dudes that can smell gold. His cousin knew someone that once saw one.
1 - Know the difference between a mountain of dirt and a mountain of actual stones.
2 - You are proficient with shovel and bucket, and have caved several traps and tombs. But thats another story.
3 - You are capable to instruct your workers when to use shovel, when pickaxe and how not to get buried themselves while doing it. +5 to D100 roll when discovering mine quality
4 - You are able to design a plan in order to exploit a mine more or less efficiently. +10 to D100 roll when discovering mine quality
5 - A Veteran prospector, can find quickly the best spots for looking for good quality ore. +15 to D100 roll when discovering mine quality.
6 - You are the Legendary Tunneler.Other miners come to see you from far lands to try to learn from you. +20  to D100 roll when discovering mine quality

Version 5.

Spendings: If lets say to build a mine cost 1,000,000 moneritos and 25,000 stones, Hiring the services of the Royal Cartographer School (For 500,000 moneritos) gives you a reroll possibility if the quality output of the mine is not the desired. That money will go to gross the vaults of our fearless leader, or maybe a part distributed in cascade to the rest of the Nobles, etc.

Version 9.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
proride

Activity: 367
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 10:18:31 AM

Hello!
How can i start to play?)

▀    ★★★ LETHEAN ★★★ 
┊┈ ┊┈ ┊┈ ┊┈ ┊ THE SAFEST WAY TO BE ONLINE: BLOCKCHAIN VPN┊┈ ┊┈ ┊┈ ┊┈ ┊
█ █ █ █ █ █  Medium Twitter Discord Reddit TelegramFacebook Whitepaper  █ █ █ █ █  
xulescu

Activity: 263
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 11:14:52 AM

Hello!

If you want to join right now head over to the Gold auction and secure a dividend-paying chunk of this limited resource. Otherwise you will have to wait and lose precious stone.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=831625
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 12:59:57 PM

Hello!

Current phase is gold purchase, character creation, and earning of dividends in stone. This is all done strictly through forum threads.

Next phase (schedule for a few days from now) will using stone to build (as allowed by the game rules) with some shared documents that show a map of the city

After that (scheduled for next month) will proceed to the first interactive phase where you will be able to visit a web site where you can "walk" around the city and interact with other characters.

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 02:33:19 PM
Last edit: October 24, 2014, 07:27:03 PM by rpietila

Tidings of the Kingdom, (in the beginning of) A.D. 1428

The HM accounting service is very pleased of the progress of the game and the increase of all kinds of wealth in the Kingdom.

While the amount of gold has increased 25% since our last report, the quantity of stone quarried and ready to be used in construction, has gone up 70%! The character count is 24, which is 7 days ahead of target.

The full list of characters and their ingame possessions:

Code:
TOTALS.................	..	150,000 2,765,676 

Full name.............. Level gold stone
HM The King............ 15 61,362 1,220,062
David, Earl of Armagnac 10 16,600 446,000
Riccardo, Earl of F. S. 10 7,167 68,837
Lord NewLiberty........ 9 10,550 140,500
Dr. Choo............... 9 2,000 44,000
Lord smooth............ 9 2,500 57,500
Dame Roopatra.......... 8 1,000 30,000
Zenon the Sorcerer..... 7 1,400 40,000
Master James Syme...... 6 10,700 142,000
Master Ale............. 6 10,200 137,000
drfred................. 5 4,000 60,000
serje.................. 5 1,167 26,505
saddambitcoin.......... 4 2,500 48,000
Damoiseau.............. 4 3,000 59,000
AdamWhite.............. 4 2,000 44,000
xulescu................ 4 2,096 11,192
binaryFate............. 4 3,000 44,000
Rhadamanthus........... 3 1,450 33,000
Febo Urso Mortiginto... 3 1,400 40,000
Ms. Leila Liekki....... 3 1,400 40,000
Paulson, Esq........... 3 1,200 7,000
Ms. Irma............... 3 1,000 6,000
superresistant......... 3 1,308 15,080
Karl Hungus............ 3 1,000 6,000

smooth is created Baron.   "Due to various considerations requiring our thought, it has slipped unnoticed that Lord smooth is a Monero core team member. It goes without saying that in the game designed and dedicated for the furtherance of Monero, such a noble profession carries a noble title. Not only is smooth created Baron, but every other core team members will be (at least) Knighted as well."

The King bestows smooth with 250 gold.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2014, 05:06:34 PM

Tidings of the Kingdom, (in the beginning of) A.D. 1428

smooth is created Baron.   "Due to various considerations requiring our thought, it has slipped unnoticed that Lord smooth is a Monero core team member. It goes without saying that in the game designed and dedicated for the furtherance of Monero, such a noble profession carries a noble title. Not only is smooth created Baron, but every other core team members will be (at least) Knighted as well."

The King bestows smooth with 250 gold.

Hip Hip Huzzah for the wisdom and beneficence of our king!  Cheerful tidings and eternal grace be on the noble and grand Lord Smooth.  There shall certainly be much feasting in the kingdom on this day.  Roasted alpaca, a frothy brew, and a fresh apple for all whose shadow crosses my barbican on this day.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 09:18:25 AM

Final moments left before Rulebook for Version 1.1: Building is published!

It will be ready before the end of the ongoing gold auction.

The first buildings have been built today. City Walls are the requirement that it is safe to continue building other structures. The Central Obelisk marks the foundation of the city on this 30th year of His Majesty's rule. (There were rumors that it would have been gilded. Well that is not the case, at least not yet. It is made of stone, as well as everything else.)

From the cost breakdown, which is included in the Buildings registry excerpt below, you can see that the total cost of the projects so far 152,388,400 m. Of that, stone has accounted for 71% and labor 29%. In simple structures, the material cost is higher than the cost of labor.

Code:
B_id	Bldg name......	Lot..........	Description...........................................................	Built year..	stone..	labor
1 Old City Walls. several...... 4 m high wall enclosing N and C chapelries with 1 gate into each wind. 1430 921,600 35,766,400
2 Central Obelisk 1-C-Q(h4-5).. 17 m high obelisk on 6x6x4(h) m solid stone pedestal.................. 1430 163,500 8,112,000

Ale

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 10:03:27 AM

Excellent news. Really looking forward to the updated rulebook.

Does HM need donations for gilding the obelisk or any other buildings?
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 10:28:37 AM
Last edit: October 25, 2014, 12:19:01 PM by rpietila

Excellent news. Really looking forward to the updated rulebook.

Does HM need donations for gilding the obelisk or any other buildings?

We decided to donate the land below the obelisk (21 quadrats to be precise) to the Town council. Now it makes a fruitful ground to discuss gilding donations, since their future dividends go to the Town, which, as we remember, is governed by the owners of the gold.

Yes, the gilding is still in plans. The obelisk was enlarged since the initial plan, now the gilding costs ~2,000 gold but it is not really a cost since it continues staking to the well-being of everyone.

His Majesty takes pride in gilding his own palace himself, with the gold that has rightfully been extracted from the peasants as tribute. Giving gifts, however, has always been the second nature of the King, so receiving them should suit him well also.

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 12:18:29 PM

The first ingame CKG/XMR exchange will be opened in a few hours.

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 03:08:53 PM
Last edit: October 28, 2014, 01:34:18 AM by rpietila

Version 1.1: Building is now released, and the building can start tomorrow!

Game resources:

Rulebook v. 1.1
Characters & Resources Online Database
City Map & Buildings Online Database
Building Editor.

superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1121

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 06:24:35 PM

Very nice work.
I can see that Risto have a lot of experience in making games (game design, rules, story, communication, ...).
This could get really big.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 08:22:13 PM

It will be possible to use gold and stone to buy a parcel and build something soon ?

Land is sold for XMR.

But you can sell gold and get XMR, margin is only 5% in the King's Coinshop. Or deposit XMR.

And the largest part of the land does not cost anything, just go and build!  Grin
(it is only for residential construction now since we need houses; so you need to follow the rules)

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 07:09:46 AM

With the Kings coinshop, the XMR deposits, the weekly auctions, a new player every day on average, auctioning off the building lots and judging the submissions for the palatial building zone, HM's job will be getting exponentially more difficult everyday.

Oh yes... Luckily the game designing will take much less time from now on, because all the essential functionalities for the whole of Ancient era are now in place (and my role in the online version is limited anyway although I remain the lead designer). This saves time for running the game. Cross-referencing the various googlesheets databases is indeed not the most glorious job one could have, and also does not accept mistakes, for which reason I need to wait a few days before letting any aspiring archivist touch them (which is the plan of course..)

The King's coinshop - works as follows: you have the intention in your mind to buy or sell gold, up to 500 CKG. Your game account contains the gold or the moneritos. Then you ask me by way or another (I am about 50% online lately) what is the price of gold. Don't tell me if you are buying or selling, this keeps me honest. Once I tell the price, add 5% if you are buying, subtract 5% if selling, and reply back with the confirmation of the deal (how many (up to 500 CKG), and if you buy or sell). Note again: you have to have your part of the deal ingame already.

The XMR deposits
- work similarly as auction results before, but it is more relaxed because there is no exchange rate risk. With some planning, David could issue a permanent personal payment-id for XMR deposit purposes, then it would from a player's point-of-view work similar as any exchange.

Weekly auctions - they indeed give me some trouble because of exchange rate risk and the necessary involvement of new people (the auctions are held to enable the coming of new people). These are only 6 to go, and if I find a way to get rid of them, I will. Currently they are the most liquid way for determining the price, and that function cannot be overlooked either.

A new player every day - Actually about 2*5 people every week. This is right on target.

Auctioning off the building lots - This auction does not involve much, because it must be paid with ingame value. Once the results are confirmed, I just take their money. It is much more stressful to wait whether to receive the money or not, easy-peasy if you administer the database where it is.

Judging the architecture - As the designer of the building editor, I have such a headstart with using it. This is going to be a pleasure.

I'm interested by the sudden appearance of a wizard amongst us, are you trying to encourage a fantasy theme running through the kingdom?

The King is more into very earthly themes, such as precious metals, building, and potato farming (all are things that he has done in his young age before becoming King of the realm). The Great Magus asked for an audience and said great things. I did not have much method to prove the contrary, so is it not diplomatic to wait for the promised next appearing at my castle? Smiley Wizards have place in the Kingdom but thieves do not. A general fantasy theme is not coming, yet citizens have freedom to practice what they wish. The buildings have to be built according to laws of physics lest they fall... Cheesy

NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2014, 03:35:49 PM

I'm interested by the sudden appearance of a wizard amongst us, are you trying to encourage a fantasy theme running through the kingdom?
It isn't fantasy.  This is an actual wizard that has decided to play among us.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 03:57:31 PM

It seems that 4-5 people are simultaneously browsing each of the 3 databases. I'm thinking that is good Smiley

Some buildings have already been built in the city, including the Obelisk, Notre Dame d'Armagnac (which Earl David, the Donator, will soon inaugurate), and the initial royal residence.

The labor pool has swollen due to the erection of these great monuments, and now contains 105,000,000 moneritos. The rule is that every realday, 20% of the pool is distributed among all the characters in the game in relation to their efficiencies. By building your own residence, you get to increase your efficiency greatly (+100%...+300%). Having a home also makes your level increase faster, which in turn affects the labor pool payout also!

So that you would not think that every building is a 100+ XMR building project (as the ones so far have been) there is an example of an L4 house also in the Building editor. This example is 18 sqm (minimum size for L4 permanent residence, and also minimum allowed for the land grant area) and has a garden, windows to 2 directions, front and back door, and peaceful area for sleeping.

Total: 28,600 stone + 2.4 XMR

The breakdown of the monetary component is:
- Labor 1,500,000 m
- Windows 400,000 m
- Building permit 500,000 m.

The cost is adjustable up by adding more windows, paving, garden or room height. Or down by cutting down on these features.

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 05:08:01 PM
Last edit: October 26, 2014, 05:43:27 PM by rpietila

After the recent launch, it almost feels unemployed. There are no new features coming in 21 days, which after the hectic start feels like eternity. Then, what will be released is the online version. The differences to the current online database version are:

- instant messaging to other characters;
- trollbox group chat for characters in the same place;
- building facade view;
- can directly do many things that now can be done only via administrator.

In a sense, not even much! No new features. The greatest improvement is the automatization of the game backend routines, which enables unlimited number of players, instead of the few dozen that will be the limit during the most ancient time.

So, what can you do now?

- Collect famepoints by proposing and designing needed public buildings and participating in crowdfunding activities;
- Get to know other players, eg. in the IRC channel (this happens more easily later in the trollboxes though);
- Decide your optimal amount of gold for stone staking, level increase, and other purposes;
- Buy gold from the auctions (6 more coming);
- Buy OR sell gold in the HM coinshop. It works so that you contact me, and I will give you the midprice. If you want to sell, the price is 95%. If you want to buy, it is 105%. 500 CKG maximum (after which you can ask for a new quote). Characters only;
- Make a strategy for the Land grants. The areas inside the very first city walls are very prestigious, but it is also possible that areas opened later on are nice. It is only 1 lot/character;
- Plan how big a house you need considering personal preferences and character level and prospects of its increase;
- Build a house without delay, to receive much larger labor pool payouts;
- Whether to participate in the auction of the free market area in the C chapelry. This land will remain the starting point of the players of the online version and holds great commercial value;
- Whether to team up in building in the Palatial zone. This is like the auction but the land is free instead Smiley
- Whether to become an Architect. Not everyone has time to design his buildings. Doing it for them earns you nice moneritos;
- Propose practical matters and helps in the game;
- Update the game wiki - the latest Rulebook 1.1 is not wikized yet;
- Tell your friends! After the initial hurdles, we are now ready to take some more characters;
- Tell a story! This thread is open for storytelling elements.

superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1121

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 05:35:28 PM

So, what can you do now?

- Get to know other players, eg. in the IRC channel (this happens more easily later in the trollboxes though);

There is now an IRC chan opened to anyone: ##crypto-kingdom.

About IRC, don't forget the "##" if you want to connect.
I didn't find the channel at first.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 05:45:29 PM
Last edit: October 26, 2014, 06:18:08 PM by rpietila

Gold auction #3 closes next Thursday. Reserve your place!

The Old Town lot 1-C-F1 is also on auction for highest bidder. Characters only.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 247 »
  Print  

Jump to: