Elated/joyful
Happy/loving
Excited/surprised
Industrious/content
Fearful
Sad
Y
N

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 247 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto Kingdom - 1991 Retro Virtual World(City)  (Read 632635 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 01:36:48 AM

To the many of our loyal subjects who have sent private communiques to us,

Be it known that after a long separation from the Most Reverent Earl David d'Armagnac, we have today reunited in Tallinn and further in Malla castle, visited the wine cellars, seen the clear signs of poltergeist in action, enjoyed (among others) cigar, 3-course dinner, wine and Roquefort Papillon, and started the design of a 100 quadrat Citadel to the West of the current area of our city.

Due to our happy state, we are currently unable to respond to any serious and/or detailed inquieries. Furthermore, this state will in all probability continue the entirety of the 2 following years, for we have decided that for the 2 years, we will eat nothing but Foie Gras and Caviar, and drink nothing but Wine and Cognac. To cement our determination, we have procured 100 grams of caviar, almost a kilo of foie gras, one bottle of Dom Perignon 2004, and 3 bottles of less remarkable but still commendable wines. (As for Cognac, the stores of Malla were deemed to be well plentiful.) During the enjoyment of all that, our communication towards the subjects of our rule may be erratic and hilarious.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
Adderral

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 100+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 01:47:56 AM

This is one of my favorites so far of the new coins coming out. Very cool concept and the game sounds pretty fun.  Grin

paulsonnumismatics

Activity: 265
Merit: 250

Honni Soit Qui Mal i Pense

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 02:37:16 AM

To the many of our loyal subjects who have sent private communiques to us,

Be it known that after a long separation from the Most Reverent Earl David d'Armagnac, we have today reunited in Tallinn and further in Malla castle, visited the wine cellars, seen the clear signs of poltergeist in action, enjoyed (among others) cigar, 3-course dinner, wine and Roquefort Papillon, and started the design of a 100 quadrat Citadel to the West of the current area of our city.

Due to our happy state, we are currently unable to respond to any serious and/or detailed inquieries. Furthermore, this state will in all probability continue the entirety of the 2 following years, for we have decided that for the 2 years, we will eat nothing but Foie Gras and Caviar, and drink nothing but Wine and Cognac. To cement our determination, we have procured 100 grams of caviar, almost a kilo of foie gras, one bottle of Dom Perignon 2004, and 3 bottles of less remarkable but still commendable wines. (As for Cognac, the stores of Malla were deemed to be well plentiful.) During the enjoyment of all that, our communication towards the subjects of our rule may be erratic and hilarious.

Oh, NOW I understand.  Grin Grin Grin

Anyway, just in case the new message im sending is being lost, used as towel for dropped caviar, or as a partial drawing for a barbicane of the new castle, i would like to officially order the following:
Merchant Suit (red) - If you do business of any kind, these are ok for you - 12,000,000 m.
Please add on each sleeve my family crest of the Chrysantemum and the Carp (seen at the last auction thread) wovened in the finest gold from the Treasury. For that task i will devote 100 gold from the Paulson Esq. chest and the corresponding fee of 3 million moneritos for a grand total of 15,000,000 m. I will transfer those funds to the already in my possession account number and personal ID overseen by Earl David before the next moon rises.

This space is for lease, apparently.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2014, 12:22:25 AM

Why is nobody taking part of our joy??!?  Angry

We have procured a water-pipe, and despite the unlucky finishing of both Dom Perignon and Caviar, there is still plenty of Foie Gras left, as well as every kind of wine imaginable...

Earl David has been granted a haw right to the south from his church, and the tailors are busy filling the orders from our kingdom. So everything is fine. Citizens, rejoice with us!  Grin

Much feasting is shared all around Your Majesty.
Just this day I entertained the good Earl Sir Riccardo and his very lovely Lady Saskia at a fine dining establishment that also catered to her particular vegan proclivities.  Much delightful brewed beverages and an exotic kala improbably called a "swordfish" also made its final appearance on this earth before disappearing, leaving only savory delight in its wake.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
Karl Hungus

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 12:54:57 AM

Why is nobody taking part of our joy??!?  Angry

I celebrated your majesty's joy by unsheathing my blade with a kindly wench, no cognac for me unfortunately.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2014, 02:53:17 PM
Last edit: November 02, 2014, 03:38:57 PM by NewLiberty

Mr. Luigi Romano is pleased to announce, with his associate, Mr. binaryFate, that their newly established Stone Dealership is open for business!

We operate out of the basement of the Royal Palace (CK Character & Resources spreadsheet, tab "trade stone"). Please come see us if you need stone for building ventures or have stone that you feel could be better used by others.

It appears there are several million stone sitting idle.  The Earl of New Liberty is busy paving roads, and now seeks to erect a structure.
If you are holding your stone in order to build, please see me for architectural designs.  With all the building I and my associates have planned, there is now a resident architect in my employ...

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 03:33:50 PM

Royal Proclamations A.D. 1438

Gilding of the Obelisk

We now feel that the time has come for the gilding of the Obelisk that marks the center point of the town. We are envisioning that this effort should be completed to mark the 20th anniversary of the town and the Obelisk, A.D. 1450.

The gilding takes 2,078 gold. We have decided in our wisdom that every citizen who expresses their wish to join the effort latest 1448 is eligible to join. The rule is that the donation to the gilding is directly made in gold, and must be exactly 1% of the character's gold balance at the time of donation (rounded down to the nearest gram of gold). According to the generosity of the citizens, this should raise up to 1,000 gold. His Majesty takes it on him to supply the rest of the gold needed + covers all the labor costs.

2 gold (gilded) plaques will be attached to the base of the Obelisk, one commemorating the foundation of the town in 1430 and the other listing all the donators for the gilding. (These will be readable in the online version.)

The obelisk stands on the public ground, so any staking from this gold will become to the benefit of the gold holders, prorated.

Ohoy! Many citizens have not yet thoroughly considered this offer to become the Founding Fathers of the town!

Please do it latest tomorrow, and enroll in great numbers to support this final touch to our great town square!

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
NewLiberty
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2014, 04:22:19 PM

It appears there are several million stone sitting idle.  The Earl of New Liberty is busy paving roads, and now seeks to erect a structure.

Good citizens! Now your excess stone gives you top monereto!

I have Baron Dr. Choo and Earl d'Armagnac with me here but they went to Rakvere for dinner. As the financial advisor to the Baron, I am willing to let him sell 55,000 stone for 120 apiece. Hopefully also the Earl is willing to sell some of his stash. Baron James is supposedly your business associate and may have some. In addition, you are qualified to buy outright 50,000 @ 120 from Luigi's market without even contacting him.

Hopefully this helps.

Your Majesty, this is indeed very welcome news. 
Even with these stones, the projects are still well short of what is needed.

In my paving the roads this day, I wonder if the allowed half allotment was purchased from the peasant masons or were only my own piles depleted, and if not, could what was used in this paving also be bought from peasants to meet the maximum 50%?

It seems much of the great heap of stones sits unused and not for sale.
My fellow nobles are missing out on the opportunity!

Once these first few edifices are constructed, my own architect also becomes available for hire.
Mayhaps this also serves to reduce the unsightly heap in our grand city square.

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 05:54:55 PM

In my paving the roads this day, I wonder if the allowed half allotment was purchased from the peasant masons or were only my own piles depleted, and if not, could what was used in this paving also be bought from peasants to meet the maximum 50%?

In anticipation of your Earlship's grand projects, the peasants were in fact utilized to the maximum already, so the dearth of stone you feel as a result is only to be remedied by interaction with other stone-owners.

Since lamentably the MEW has been dormant and no one has volunteered to help with the construction of the Monero House, another 600,000 stone project, we must conclude that the House will not be ready before the Jubilee. This allows us to sell or loan out the royal stoneproduction of next year, which is about 200,000 stone. But that is next year only, and we would certainly enjoy the continuation of our own projects also. Nevertheless, the importance of the Noble Palace to be ready for the visiting dignitaries overrides our vulgar considerations of building taverns around the town to boost the royal income.

With this additional 200,000 stone (I would buy them or repay in stone, at your choice)  The Earl's residence has the materials to complete, with the East gate to follow (also this year), then the Noble Palace and the Southern Barbican as soon as stone becomes available at market.

Southern barbican can wait, but the Noble Palace is paramount to the success of my celebration!!!1

We have a host of bedrooms in the 4th story in the Royal Palace, but the festivities ongoing in the floors below degrade the value of sleep. Also some envoys in not so intimate relations with the King will prefer some distance between the venue of the festivities and their own base during them.

If after all our efforts to make the market supply the stone that admittedly is there in the Giant Heap, we will need to resort to either:
- Pressing the stone from the peasants;
- Loaning it from the Great Heap;
- Your Earlship's great benevolence with your new palace with lots of fine rooms.

NewLiberty
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2014, 06:57:53 PM

In anticipation of your Earlship's grand projects, the peasants were in fact utilized to the maximum already, so the dearth of stone you feel as a result is only to be remedied by interaction with other stone-owners.

Since lamentably the MEW has been dormant and no one has volunteered to help with the construction of the Monero House, another 600,000 stone project, we must conclude that the House will not be ready before the Jubilee. This allows us to sell or loan out the royal stoneproduction of next year, which is about 200,000 stone. But that is next year only, and we would certainly enjoy the continuation of our own projects also. Nevertheless, the importance of the Noble Palace to be ready for the visiting dignitaries overrides our vulgar considerations of building taverns around the town to boost the royal income.

With this additional 200,000 stone (I would buy them or repay in stone, at your choice)  The Earl's residence has the materials to complete, with the East gate to follow (also this year), then the Noble Palace and the Southern Barbican as soon as stone becomes available at market.

Southern barbican can wait, but the Noble Palace is paramount to the success of my celebration!!!1

We have a host of bedrooms in the 4th story in the Royal Palace, but the festivities ongoing in the floors below degrade the value of sleep. Also some envoys in not so intimate relations with the King will prefer some distance between the venue of the festivities and their own base during them.

If after all our efforts to make the market supply the stone that admittedly is there in the Giant Heap, we will need to resort to either:
- Pressing the stone from the peasants;
- Loaning it from the Great Heap;
- Your Earlship's great benevolence with your new palace with lots of fine rooms.

Your Majesty's guests would be welcomed at my city home if the Noble Palace is not yet in a state to receive them.
Though I am entreating to all the nobles in private communications, as well as through this announcement that they consider selling any unused stones.

To those who are saving their stones because they are not sure if they will need them, please feel welcome to contact my good self for assistance in determining this and assisting with completing building plans.

serje
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 08:24:20 PM

I need someone to build a house for me!

this is the maximum i can spend 4,677,448 and 88.000 stone .... if you make my house to only cost me 3.500.000 i will give you 500.000 for the design!

also after my house is build i would like to donate some stone for the obelisk ... something like 10.000 stone

Space for rent if its still trending
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 08:49:40 PM

Important information in plain language

The game has now been playable in its spreadsheet database version for 2 weeks.

We have 33 characters (the target was to have 30 at this point so we are fine).

Half of the existing gold has been sold, which is also right at the target.

The sales of gold have enabled the contract for a technical development team. Some of them will join the game as characters also.

I still have the vision that the first online version V.2: Ancients is possible to be developed in 2 weeks. It sounds ridiculously fast, but we need to remember that the first version is a prototype which allows less than the functionality already existing in the spreadsheet version, but is a stepping stone for the version V.3: Sandbox, which comes 4 weeks after, with customizable functionalities.

The important improvements in V.2 will be:
- characters in game will be able to conduct some actions, such as trade their resources, directly without an administrator;
- because the character management is eased for the administrator, the 1000 gold rule (limiting the number of characters) can be removed;
- the game has an approachable online presence where visitors can view the city and buildings as visitor characters (L1);
- the game thread and IRC channel will start migration to ingame scrolls and trollboxes, enabling others than BCT users to access the game.

What I would like all current characters to do now, preferably before the online celebration of Golden Jubilee this Tuesday, 20:00-21:00 UTC:

- Decide if you want to build a house, and if yes, just do it. Everyone has the needed amount of stone, and Luigi's Market can supply the shortfall. If you are not familiar with the building editor, I can design buildings for 15% fee, and NewLiberty also has access to architects. The city is already developed in many ways and there are both free lots available, as well as some in auction, plus the Earls who recently got their haws (tax-free land), are possibly willing to sell some. If you don't need stone, sell it to Luigi, so that the others can make use of it.

- Renting is also enabled. There are rooms available, and taking one will instantly raise your labor pool payout by an amount that is higher than what you pay for the room. So there is no reason to not organize this matter. (The open rental contracts are listed in the Character database in RENT tab, soon.)

- I would like as many as possible to join in gilding the obelisk for 1% of their gold. Inform me latest tomorrow.

- Make your clothes order now, or latest tomorrow, by PM'ing me.

- For nobles, if you want to have servants, as is fitting, see the Character database, SERVANT tab and tell me what you want.

- Make the time available for the online meetup (Tuesday, 20:00 UTC). Meetup will be in this thread and IRC.

A wholehearted THANK YOU to every one of you! You have made the game possible so that we can proceed to the next stage of the development, making this a joyful, memorable, and perhaps profitable endeavour for us all!

serje
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 08:56:06 PM

Yes!!! I will join in gilding the obelisk for 1.337% of my gold

Space for rent if its still trending
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 09:43:30 PM

I need someone to build a house for me!

this is the maximum i can spend 4,677,448 and 88.000 stone .... if you make my house to only cost me 3.500.000 i will give you 500.000 for the design!

also after my house is build i would like to donate some stone for the obelisk ... something like 10.000 stone

After your selection to be the Manager of the Royal Household, you will not need a house anymore. The King will take care of it (your apartment is in the east annex, upper floor, 20+8 sqm) and your salary is 300k/year, which equals to 18 XMR per real-month. Your participation to labor pool is discontinued.

In return, you will have to actually do the management, as soon as it can be implemented Smiley

luigi1111
Legendary

Activity: 1105
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 12:04:41 AM

Mr. Luigi Romano hereby issues a plea for those who have no plans to use their stone in the near future to pass it on to the market for those who do have plans.

Thank you.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2014, 07:44:34 AM

In service to HM, may I direct you to these information to make a start on ordering some sets of clothing?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tgIzgMza7NQsTpMO9pHke1ZVXYH7l5Sj5bHdZHItivo/edit#gid=342199569

With kind regards.
Can your majesty advise on clothing needs, where do I find the options available?

Your humble servant.
Karl Hungus

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 10:46:40 AM

Be it known that we have a gold auction and a land auction, both closing 6pm GMT, so in about 7 hours.

It is a buyer's market - both land and gold are going for very cheap now.

David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2014, 02:28:07 PM
Last edit: November 03, 2014, 07:50:19 PM by David Latapie

The guards at the city gates were nonplussed. Not even after reading the letter signed "Pontifex Maximus". How could such a humble man be Earl d'Armagnac? Or Bishop, as he claimed to be?
The captain of the guard was not ready to believe the story. A "bishop" shall not wear such mundane clothes and shall not come without a noticeable contingent of servants.
It took no less than His Majesty himself to welcome the said humble traveller for everyone to recognize him: Earl d'Armagnac, who had left the city after building the cathedral, closed during 10 years, was finally returned.

The Bishop would not utter a word about the event, not at this moment. Only accompanied by the King (and the usual guards), he went straight to the palace, where he stayed several days. What happened there, no one knows, but on the morning of the seventh day, d'Armagnac was seen exiting the Palace with a cohort of followers dressed in ecclesiastical robes. They headed straight to the Cathedral, inaugurating it thus, without any great fanfare. Bystanders were shocked to see the gigantic building opened for the first time. The gathering crowd started around the now-opened doors were met by the followers of d'Armagnac who prevented any to enter. "Sunday morning" was the only thing they said.

When Sunday morning came, and the bell rung, the citizens, serfs and visitors all gathered around the cathedral.
The Notre-Dame d'Armagnac opened, and it was good.
D'Armagnac was sitting on the cathedra. He waited for the cathedral to fill up with believers. He did not have to wait for long. Soon people had to stay on the nave as benches were all occupied, or even outside the building, between the massive open doors.

And d'Armagnac preached. He preached on judging man on actions, not on appearance. On why he entered the city in humble clothing, on who he met during his travels back to Crypto-Kingdom. On his ordination as a Bishop. On where he was - Rome. On how and why he left a cathedral built and closed, as a test of faith both to him and the believers. On why he started this whole enterprise. On how he had envisioned his role and the one of his counterpart, the now-Marquess of Liberty County.
He spoke about Crypto-Kingdom. His past, present and future.
He spoke and he stayed silent.
Then the choir started to sing, and the crowd sung as well. The air vibrated of radiant fervour as the people behaved as one.

All united for Crypto-Kingdom.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
vleroybrown

Activity: 1157
Merit: 506

This is who we are.

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 02:49:14 PM

Looks cool.

Hey ya BAY.  Does this game play for XMR like huntercoin?
NewLiberty
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2014, 03:10:43 PM

Looks cool.

Hey ya BAY.  Does this game play for XMR like huntercoin?

Not in the same way, no. 
It is a sort of faucet though.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 247 »
  Print  

Jump to: