Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:28:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 [122] 123 124 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GAP] Gapcoin - Prime Gap Search - New Math Algo - CPU / GPU - Zero Premine  (Read 286844 times)
Dies diem docet

Activity: 28
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 09, 2021, 05:50:48 AM

There are another coin on Coinmarketcap that are listed as GAP.    GAPS/GAP

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/gaps/

This coin
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/gapcoin/markets/

https://coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/freiexchange/
GAP is further down under unverified markets. 

Need to fill in a rquest form.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2021, 08:50:32 AM

Need to assess whether it's worth the effort.

Stumbling blocks in terms of assumptions of centralized organisation that are inappropriate to a decentralized cryptocurrency:

(SECTION B) Guidelines for 'Tracked Listings'

Note that these are just guidelines and meeting them does not guarantee a listing.

(1) Cryptoassets

For a cryptoasset to be considered for a tracked listing, it should meet the following guidelines:
    Must be traded publicly, and actively traded on at least one (1) exchange (with material volume) that has tracked listing status on CoinMarketCap.
    Provide a representative from the project with whom we can establish open lines of communication for any clarifications.

(SECTION C) Evaluation Framework

Beyond the guidelines, we perform our evaluation holistically and pay close attention to a multitude of factors (both quantitative and qualitative). Getting listed is therefore not simply a matter of ticking off a checklist or hitting predefined thresholds, as we benchmark submissions against others in the cohort. These factors include but are not limited to:

Community Interest & Engagement

A project’s usefulness is largely a function of adoption and its ability to foster meaningful interactions with its community and user base.

Team

The personnel, investors, and advisors are integral to the success of any given project, especially if there are transferable skills/experience/networks that can be leveraged. The conduct of the team (e.g. transparency and professionalism) will also factor into our assessment.

Circulating Supply is verified by our team through communication with the project’s team. We ask for details including but not limited to the initial distribution, private allocations, locked addresses, team-controlled addresses, and addresses containing portions of the supply allocated for future use.

We define Total Supply as the total amount of coins in existence right now, minus any coins that have been verifiably burned.

Cheers

Graham

Dies diem docet

View Profile
May 09, 2021, 11:41:02 AM

Need to assess whether it's worth the effort.

Stumbling blocks in terms of assumptions of centralized organisation that are inappropriate to a decentralized cryptocurrency:

(SECTION B) Guidelines for 'Tracked Listings'

Note that these are just guidelines and meeting them does not guarantee a listing.

(1) Cryptoassets

For a cryptoasset to be considered for a tracked listing, it should meet the following guidelines:
    Must be traded publicly, and actively traded on at least one (1) exchange (with material volume) that has tracked listing status on CoinMarketCap.
    Provide a representative from the project with whom we can establish open lines of communication for any clarifications.

(SECTION C) Evaluation Framework

Beyond the guidelines, we perform our evaluation holistically and pay close attention to a multitude of factors (both quantitative and qualitative). Getting listed is therefore not simply a matter of ticking off a checklist or hitting predefined thresholds, as we benchmark submissions against others in the cohort. These factors include but are not limited to:

Community Interest & Engagement

A project’s usefulness is largely a function of adoption and its ability to foster meaningful interactions with its community and user base.

Team

The personnel, investors, and advisors are integral to the success of any given project, especially if there are transferable skills/experience/networks that can be leveraged. The conduct of the team (e.g. transparency and professionalism) will also factor into our assessment.

Circulating Supply is verified by our team through communication with the project’s team. We ask for details including but not limited to the initial distribution, private allocations, locked addresses, team-controlled addresses, and addresses containing portions of the supply allocated for future use.

We define Total Supply as the total amount of coins in existence right now, minus any coins that have been verifiably burned.

Cheers

Graham

It's not easy to deal with companies like Coinmarketcap. I did not like them much and when Binance bought them I have more things against them.

There is one more projekt that have taken GAP and maybe there will be a good one that overtakes the GAP.
They should not list other projekts with the same 3 letters. That maybe is easier for them to take care of. They have a placeholder for us so maybe they will be a little easier on us when they see that there is activity here. GAP is not premined so that is a very good thing.
'It's a advertising platform to get more computers to this network and protect GAP as I see it.

I agree that they are not good.
gjhiggins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2021, 12:43:35 PM

They have a placeholder for us so maybe they will be a little easier on us when they see that there is activity here.
The community is overwhelmingly comprised of pseudonymous individuals but CMC won’t respond without an email address - I can't resolve that contradiction without giving them my email address, which I'm not prepared to do.

Cheers

Graham
Dies diem docet

View Profile
May 09, 2021, 07:48:28 PM

They have a placeholder for us so maybe they will be a little easier on us when they see that there is activity here.
The community is overwhelmingly comprised of pseudonymous individuals but CMC won’t respond without an email address - I can't resolve that contradiction without giving them my email address, which I'm not prepared to do.

Cheers

Graham

OK, I understand.  I like your work on this coin.
wizz13150

Activity: 67
Merit: 26

Tempus Narrabo

View Profile
May 09, 2021, 10:50:10 PM

Tweets from the twittersphere ...

"Hey @CoinMarketCap
[...]

bla bla bla ... meh, 1K$ per day, meh ... bla bla bla

Angry Sad

Exchanges answer :" bla bla bla ... meh, block explorers and coinmarketcap, meh ... bla bla bla

Angry Sad

Ouroboros

Wizz_^
Dies diem docet

View Profile
May 11, 2021, 09:12:04 PM

Cheers

Graham

Gapcoin is listed on Coingecko so that's good. No need for coinnarketcap.

https://www.coingecko.com/en/exchanges/freiexchange

UsernameNumber7

Activity: 256
Merit: 60

View Profile
May 14, 2021, 05:10:40 AM
Last edit: May 14, 2021, 05:24:34 AM by UsernameNumber7

Good news, apparently this Repository will build MX-Linux and possibly most others as well.  

https://gitlab.com/gapcoin/gapcoin

It seems to have been when I tried MX-Linux before I had not started ./configure during the Source Code Compliling using --without-miniupnpc

It compiles and runs good on MX-Linux.  I will work on bringing over Jonn9's Prime-Gap Miner which he programmed to submit the largest merit PrimeGaps into Blocks......

MX-Linux installs Nvidia Graphics drivers easier than Windows, so it will work with https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=822498.msg56895333#msg56895333

Thanks Benxy031, but I have not Tested this yet for Nvidia GPU Mining

https://www.TRISQUEL.INFO #1 Free Software Linux Operating  System

Trisquel OS "Just Do It"        "Sic Semper Tyranis"
gjhiggins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2021, 06:12:18 PM
Merited by BitcoinFX (3), wizz13150 (2)

Upgrade of Gapcoin Core client from 0.9 to 0.16 completed.

FWIW: Are we approaching a re-announcement ?
Dunno. Not completely happy with the getwork implementation. Turns out that the demands of the standalone GapMiner cause the client to run out of rpcworkqueue capacity, doubling it to 64 seems to work but I don't know whether that's practical for pool mining.
I fixed the issue that caused the client to create excessive demand on the RPC work queue and I have now completed the process of upgrading the Gapcoin client from 0.9 to 0.16.

There are two releases, one for a “minimalist” version and one for an “extended” version (with extended GUI and RPC-API functionality):

https://github.com/gapcoin-project/gapcoin-core/releases

Cross-compiled binaries are available, along with the scripts (one for each version) used to generate the binaries (Ubuntu-0.18 VM/host recommended) and a zipped bootstrap.dat file (be prepared to wait a day-and-a-half to a couple of days to sync from 0 if using -loadblock=bootstrap.dat).

Due to changes in the structure of the wallet code, the 0.16.3 client cannot load a wallet.dat saved by an 0.9 client. You can't simply copy the wallet file over, you have to use the dumpwallet command in the command-line/console in the 0.9 client to create a text dump of the wallet. Then, in the 0.16.3 client, use the importwallet command in the command-line/console to import the dumped wallet.

Step-by-step procedure:
0.9 client
Code:
dumpwallet "/tmp/dumped-gapcoin-wallet.txt"

0.16.3 client
Code:
importwallet "/tmp/dumped-gapcoin-wallet.txt" true

(and wait for a few hours while the client scans the entire blockchain's tx history, rebuilding your UTXO set).

@gjhiggins - Can we all now safely assume (as per https://gapcoin-project.github.io/), that;

1. This repository: https://github.com/gapcoin-project/gapcoin-core.git is now the main Gapcoin Core v0.16.3 source / release?
Yes.

2. This repository: https://github.com/gjhiggins/gapcoin-core is very much a 'work in progress'.
This is my personal development area, following the convention for contributions: “The codebase is maintained using the "contributor workflow" where everyone without exception contributes patch proposals using "pull requests".”

3. This repository: https://github.com/gapcoin-project/gapcoin is for v0.9.2-3 and that the experimental v0.9.4 source should generally be avoided.
Kinda. Just the same as everyone else operating in a decentralized space, I’m obliged to take my cue from the community and its collective response to technical contributions.

As far as the 0.9 client is concerned, I won’t be spending any further time/effort in that direction, either in terms of development or support.

The presence of 0.9 clients in the Gapcoin network does act to constrain some of the functionality of the 0.16.3 client. A couple of examples:

1. Users will note that in the provided example.gapcoin.conf, the configuration peerbloomfilters is set to 0, effectively disabling the bloom filter optimisation used in network connections. The reason that this service has been disabled in the config for the 0.16 clients is that 0.9 clients are unable to handle bloom filiter messages and register an error in the log.

2. There is no means of preventing 0.16 clients from creating transactions using segwit addresses which, although not actually causing an error in the 0.9 client, causes it to treat such transactions as “nonstandard” and basically, misrepresent them.

Here's an example from testnet, txid 94cfec5d7da0853f2ba04a3a23957171027a2875a5f43b8cc9bf3cf19d4a5aff

As reported by the 0.16 client:
Code:
  "vout": [
    {
      "value": 100.00000000,
      "n": 0,
      "scriptPubKey": {
        "asm": "0 8b27793e0c60c3941cbb411d33d7976f2e2451f5",
        "hex": "00148b27793e0c60c3941cbb411d33d7976f2e2451f5",
        "reqSigs": 1,
        "type": "witness_v0_keyhash",
        "addresses": [
          "gpt1q3vnhj0svvrpeg89mgywn84uhduhzg504t95ulk"
        ]
      }
    }

As reported by the 0.9 client:

Code:
"vout" : [
   {
     "value" : 100.00000000,
     "n" : 0,
     "scriptPubKey" : {
       "asm" : "0 8b27793e0c60c3941cbb411d33d7976f2e2451f5",
       "hex" : "00148b27793e0c60c3941cbb411d33d7976f2e2451f5",
       "type" : "nonstandard"
     }
  },

At some future time, when a significant majority portion of the Gapcoin network is hosted by 0.16 clients, we can increment the version number and set appropriate values in chainparams.ccp to enable the community to signal its acceptance of a phased transition to a full segwit-enabled network. At that point we can discuss the issue of incrementing the minimum version number in order to exclude relatively-incapable 0.9 clients from the network.

4. The v0.16.3 source / binary releases would generally now be advisable over running v0.9.2-3 for anyone starting afresh with Gapcoin / Core / Solo  / Pool Mining ?
The 0.16.3 client is the only one that I'm prepared to provide any support for in terms of responding to reported issues and/or providing limited help.

Cheers

Graham
UsernameNumber7

Activity: 256
Merit: 60

View Profile
May 26, 2021, 04:52:42 AM

Hey Benxy031, can you either post here the Fermat.cl file changes here or open a Pull Request here https://gitlab.com/gapcoin/gapminer

The GapMiner Compiles now using MX-Linux.

I have never used the GPU miner so if you can list the Command Line Commands too I can include it into the Readme file otherwise after I try the GPU miner I will list them myself. 

I am mostly interested in double checking your Fermat.cl changes before I merge it......

https://www.TRISQUEL.INFO #1 Free Software Linux Operating  System

Trisquel OS "Just Do It"        "Sic Semper Tyranis"
benxy031

Activity: 44
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 26, 2021, 02:12:15 PM
Merited by xandry (2)

Hey Benxy031, can you either post here the Fermat.cl file changes here or open a Pull Request here https://gitlab.com/gapcoin/gapminer

The GapMiner Compiles now using MX-Linux.

I have never used the GPU miner so if you can list the Command Line Commands too I can include it into the Readme file otherwise after I try the GPU miner I will list them myself. 

I am mostly interested in double checking your Fermat.cl changes before I merge it......

Gpu commands are:

Code:
 -g  --use-gpu           use the gpu for Fermat testing

-d  --gpu-dev           the gpu device id

-w  --work-items        gpu work items (default 2048)

-z  --queue-size        the gpu waiting queue size (memory intensive)

-a  --platform          opencl platform (amd or nvidia)

-n  --num-gpu-tests     the number of test per gap per gpu run

YOu can download fermat.cl from here https://github.com/wizz13150/GapcoinStuff/blob/main/Custom/fermat.cl and compare with orginal fermat.cl

gjhiggins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2021, 09:07:30 AM
Merited by BitcoinFX (1)

Update to 0.16.3 client, “extended” version

Seth Troisi, of the Mersenne Forum's Prime Gap Search group, has slightly changed the way that the prime gap list is maintained and the URL for the latest list (allgaps.sql) has changed, necessitating an update of the Gapcoin 0.16.3 extended client (the "minimal" version doesn't have the checkprimegaplist RPC API facility so is unaffected).

If you're using a downloaded binary of the 0.16.3 extended client version and want to use the checkprimegaplist console/RPC-API call to monitor the as-yet-uncommitted Gapcoin records, you need to download a fresh binary from the Github releases. (If you're running a self-compiled version, just git pull and recompile.)

Cheers

Graham
wizz13150

Tempus Narrabo

View Profile
June 02, 2021, 10:13:00 AM
Last edit: June 02, 2021, 12:43:42 PM by wizz13150
Merited by BitcoinFX (1)

Smiley

Some good blocks, above 30 (only those valid as a current improved record):
cf. Submissions

Merit 31.21 - 06-05-2021

Merit 31.76 - 04-05-2021

Merit 31.99 - 01-06-2021

60M PPS yesterday Smiley :

Wizz_^
BitcoinFX
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1720

https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2021, 12:06:12 PM

Smiley

...snip...

60M PPS yesterday Smiley :

Smiley  Tweeted ...

"This math / cryptocurrency project that I've been involved with since 2014 could use some additional CPU/GPU Proof-of-Work hashing.

Keep your #Bitcoin!

Higher hash rate = Larger Prime Gaps found.

Not a token or a sh*tcoin. Number Go Up tech.

Cheers!

https://gapcoin-project.github.io/ "

- https://twitter.com/BitcoinFX_XBT/status/1398263679813144580

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
gjhiggins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2021, 11:11:51 AM

Interesting. OP has been editing their posts.

Back on page 6:
Can you also please elaborate on this:
First of all, Gapcoin follows Riecoin's way and uses enough Miller-Rabin tests with random bases to avoid composite numbers being accepted as Prove of Work, like Primecoin mistakenly could.
Checking back though pp1-6, there's no such statement in any of j0nn9's posts to be quoted, so it must have been subsequently edited out.

On different topic, Riecoin successfully upgraded to 0.20 back in March and is now on 0.21 with the benefit of having TapRoot and Schnorr signatures available via soft fork.

Somewhat obviously, while the Gapcoin network remains predominantly hosted on 0.9 clients, there is no point in me pursuing any upgrade of Gapcoin to 0.20/0.21.

Cheers

Graham
BitcoinFX
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1720

https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2021, 01:53:01 PM

...snip...

Somewhat obviously, while the Gapcoin network remains predominantly hosted on 0.9 clients, there is no point in me pursuing any upgrade of Gapcoin to 0.20/0.21.

Cheers

Graham

New club nodes running Gapcoin Core v0.16.3 will go 'live' before the end of next week.

Some existing nodes will be upgraded to v0.16.3 before 15th of July 2021.

This will be the lions share of the network nodes.

Cheers!

P.S. Continuing lack of community interest in this project is still shameful. Oh well ...

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
wizz13150

Tempus Narrabo

View Profile
June 15, 2021, 05:32:21 PM

Gapcoin submissions from May 21 to June 15
cf. Gapcoin-Project.github.io

Wizz_^
minerja

Activity: 1248
Merit: 297

View Profile
June 17, 2021, 07:42:07 AM

...snip...

Cheers

Graham

New club nodes running Gapcoin Core v0.16.3 will go 'live' before the end of next week.

Some existing nodes will be upgraded to v0.16.3 before 15th of July 2021.

This will be the lions share of the network nodes.

Cheers!

P.S. Continuing lack of community interest in this project is still shameful. Oh well ...

Regarding your last comment....
Unfortunately i think the vast majority of miners are now only in the game to turn a quick profit....
Perhaps, the project needs moving along to a different platform / audience, such as "folding@home", or the "boinc" crowds.
I have to say, for me personally much as i love mining rarer algos, overall if i am spending significantly more on power than i am earning (unless the coin is in its infancy) then i struggle to keep mining.
Thing is GAP is not a new coin, and hasn't really taken off (on this forum), so like i say, for it to grow, perhaps it simple needs pushing in other circles.
I hope so, cos whilst i have no issue leaving my wallet open, to act as a node, i can't continue to mine this coin, but also don't want to see it die....
Perhaps it needs aiming at a bunch of students, who might run with it ...
wizz13150

Tempus Narrabo

View Profile
June 25, 2021, 04:46:41 PM

"shift": 39,
   "gapstart": "5653514004836777450031801388933365590705066858742989241227789414990661467112763 1875099217",
   "gapend": "5653514004836777450031801388933365590705066858742989241227789414990661467112763 1875106077",
   "gaplen": 6860,
   "merit": 33.56825148,

Great.

3 improved records at 30+ merit in the last 1000 blocks Smiley

Wizz_^
wizz13150

Tempus Narrabo

View Profile
September 08, 2021, 10:53:27 PM
Last edit: September 09, 2021, 09:44:40 AM by wizz13150
Merited by BitcoinFX (1)

Hey peeps,

Here is the last submission  Smiley :

Gapcoin-Project.github.io

Since June 15th

Wizz_^
Pages: « 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 [122] 123 124 »
  Print  

Jump to: