Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:54:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 ... 155 »
  Print  
Author Topic: .  (Read 491693 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
svider

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 10:02:51 AM

fork after v5

for what is weight in hallmark config?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptoClub
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 10:43:31 PM

Non-payment of all nodes. Failure ...

Delayed, but they are aware of it and resolving it. Long as you are updated you should be fine.

MaWo

Activity: 575
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2015, 10:37:37 AM

HZ v5.0 status
At the moment there are no HZ GUI changes, the core is based on nxt-1.5.9 only and I also didn't test it yet.
I guess we will need at least 1.5 month for a HZ v5.0 release.

We shouldn't fear forks. Every new core feature requires a fork!
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2015, 03:38:02 PM

Polo note: In t6he last 24 hours, someone snapped up more than 3 Bitcoins' worth of HZ and managed to drive the price up to 90. Go figure.

It's now sunk down to ~70, with high bid in the high 60s. Good time to buy if you can spare the funds...

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

acha

Activity: 51
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 10:22:21 PM

Good time to buy if you can spare the funds...
May be.. Who is the last? Wink
bit1
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 12:07:34 AM

When distribution is over?
Pizpie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 971

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 06:18:49 PM

CBKR is still working on one last issue with the bounty script...Things should be back to normal soon!

I'm on Twitter: @mBTCPizpie
acha

Activity: 51
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 07:22:30 PM

See - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=823785.1740, answer pharesim, quote - As long as possible. We will change the payout amounts to a dynamic value soon to extend the period. Wink
bit1
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 09:09:13 PM

See - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=823785.1740, answer pharesim, quote - As long as possible. We will change the payout amounts to a dynamic value soon to extend the period. Wink

Thank You!,   In other words, hall mark nodes will be receiving < 1000 HZ as bounty,interesting be to know until when could will extend period aproximately considering that number of nodes keep equals ..........
*Sakura*
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1005

I wish you all love and profitable investments!!!

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 07:18:00 AM

" I have an idea for Horizon HZ that I think is interesting, this is not approved or official, and maybe everyone will love it or hate it, this is just an idea I want to bring to everyone to see what they think of it. The idea is a weekly 1 million Horizon Distribution, or "Lottery," based on the Rich List, or the top 100 holders. (Excluding Blocknet obviously or any Bounty distribution account - just individuals that hold Horizon in the top 100)
Each week there would be some provably fair drawing for 1 million Horizon, there might not be the means to fund it, but I think a live video of real lottery balls being mixed up and drawn out would be the most fun. (Harder to prove fair, or would that be easier?) Short of that, some cryptographic provably fair method that is 100% trusted. Ideally with at least some sort of fun visuals that people could tune in and watch.
In my opinion this would give incentive for people to want to be in the top 100 holders, part of the top 100 rich list. As we are a small community and low priced coin/platform, this is pretty easy to do at this point. Technically this should be very easy to be certain of the top 100 people. Maybe this would incentivize people to buy more to stay in the top 100, get in the top 100, especially on the lower end to get into the top 100. (More demand, and more fun?!)
Four winners a month is a lot, and those people would likely be very loyal to Horizon once they had a big giveaway like that. Word of mouth could get around. My idea was that this is taken out of the monthly bounties. I have not asked Nick Cote or anyone on the team about it, but I am sure sending it to four addresses a month would not be a difficult task. Now, if previous winners should be excluded or not, I am not sure, or if team members should not be included, not sure, but perhaps everyone should be incentivized to want to stay or get in the top 100? What does everything think, great idea, terrible? Thoughts? "

What about this idea? It was a very good idea.
altsheets
Legendary

Activity: 902
Merit: 1001

Free trial of #AltFolio = save time, react faster

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2015, 12:59:43 PM
Last edit: June 30, 2015, 12:30:21 AM by altsheets

Block explorer extension for asset

feature request 2:
block explorer page for assets

https://explorer.horizonplatform.io/?page=asset&id=8101260088962758269
--> "could not find template views/templates/asset.phtml"
If you send me an example, I am offering to build that page for you/us/everyone.

e.g. the views/templates/transaction.phtml (?) the file that generates
https://explorer.horizonplatform.io/?page=transaction&id=8101260088962758269

The advantage would be that every asset has a page with the most basic information about it.
At the moment there is only the "complete list" https://explorer.horizonplatform.io/?page=assets but with no extra information.

Anyone wants to pledge some crowd bounty for it?

Altsheets, after your previous posting about the asset transaction deficit prompted me to examine the leading NXT explorers (my fav has been https://nxtblocks.info/ which much to my dismay I just learned is shutting-down - announcement on their homepage) it occurred to me that this indeed appears to be a needed extension of the Horizon explorer. Therefore if the community sees fit to crowdfund that I would support it. Thx.

I'd love to see that work out. Will publish the source these days!

Thanks, mavigro, for supporting of my idea. Such feedback is honey for my soul :-)

And thanks, pharesim, for the code, and helping me to install it on my server, great!

As usual, and like many times before, I am disappointed that almost no one reacted to this:

Anyone wants to pledge some crowd bounty for it?

... but that seems to reflect the state of the crypto subculture. Egoistic.

Money has a very bad influence on the otherwise beautiful human soul.
We should consider as a species ... if we can afford to stick to capitalism as such.

However, the lack of donations ... has not kept me from doing it ! And ...

YIEHAH, I SUCCEEDED!

• I installed the existing source code (creating a mini manual for it),
    and ran the backend (took ~36 hours on my small droplet!)

• Then today, "learnt PHP" for it.
    And deciphered the existing code structure, whew.

• and then implemented my new page asset.phtml,
    and extended it with many useful little ideas, and improvements.

keep tuned ...

AltFolio = Altcoin Portfolio solution || AAsset = crowdfunding, dividends paying = profit sharing Assets on NXT || Newbium great new platform || AssetGraphs = novel GUI to assets & shareholders (won nxthacks2015!) || ABEE = Block Explorer Extension for ETH clones, live on SOIL || Advice = Consulting || assetparser.py and shareholders.py - tools for NXT/HZ asset buyers & issuers || bamm.py || PeerCrawler || PGP || Texts || Github e.g. ChainCountDown, ethjsre |||| /give/ GiveBackLicense /give/ |||| Looking for an affordable crypto advertisement service with adspaces on crypto-attractive websites, contact me, thx.
altsheets
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2015, 01:14:55 PM
Last edit: June 30, 2015, 12:32:32 AM by altsheets

Block Explorer Extension for Assets ...
B.E.E.f.A - quick start:

So that you can see live what I have coded, I put it on a
(weak!) server of mine (only until it will be  pulled upstream).

Isn't that great?

-->

Now you can get the issuance information (including the text description)
for all HZ assets, just by changing that long 19-digits id number in the above URL.

Try it out - e.g. post links to your favorite asset here ...

AltFolio = Altcoin Portfolio solution || AAsset = crowdfunding, dividends paying = profit sharing Assets on NXT || Newbium great new platform || AssetGraphs = novel GUI to assets & shareholders (won nxthacks2015!) || ABEE = Block Explorer Extension for ETH clones, live on SOIL || Advice = Consulting || assetparser.py and shareholders.py - tools for NXT/HZ asset buyers & issuers || bamm.py || PeerCrawler || PGP || Texts || Github e.g. ChainCountDown, ethjsre |||| /give/ GiveBackLicense /give/ |||| Looking for an affordable crypto advertisement service with adspaces on crypto-attractive websites, contact me, thx.
altsheets
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2015, 01:36:56 PM
Last edit: June 30, 2015, 12:47:18 AM by altsheets

B.E.E.f.A - quick start: ...
Block explorer extension for assets
Suggestion: Warnings about certain assets

In the past there have already been discussions about blacklisting assets - which I do not want to repeat here. Me personally, I am strongly opposed to any kind of censorship. "Caveat emptor (Buyer beware)" is a more grown up concept than the childish "Consumer protection by censorship and prohibition". A good option is whitelisting assets (see the HZ "trusted assets" page), but there are yet only 4, and I always thought ...

... "what about all the other 100+ HZ assets out there"?
That is why I built my extension asset.phtml.

I would want it to always display all assets ... scam, test, or proper ... regardless. What is on the blockchain, gets reported!

But still -especially where without any doubts- I consider ADDITIONAL information is appropriate ... if a certain asset should rather not be bought. Good thinking?

So this is what I coded, to implement a first approximation of that idea:

asset warnings

Some assets are known to be test assets, or revoked (by the issuer), or even scams (perhaps, probably or proven scams).

However, the (too) centralized power of the only official block explorer ... needs a balance between user protection and issuer protection (and censorship is bad)!

So with my new 'asset.phtml' extension ... all assets are still shown - but in some cases with a clear warning.

All is hardcoded into an XML file.
I urge the team to always link back to a forum post where detailed explanations are given, and can be discussed - so that e.g. the issuer gets a chance to react to the suspicion.

examples for the different warnings:

To be totally clear:
Almost all assets will show none of those warnings
- because they are intended to be, and run as proper assets.

What do you think about that suggested system?

P.S.:
This whole "warnings" function is already coded now,
but it can be easily ignored completely. My extension works well without filling in that 'assetwarnings.xml'.
If you find it too much to worry about for now ... just go back to the "quick start" posting above now.

altsheets
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2015, 01:43:20 PM
Last edit: June 30, 2015, 01:46:54 AM by altsheets

B.E.E.f.A - quick start: ... Block explorer extension for assets ...

Source code, and ReadMe

source code: https://github.com/altsheets/hz-blockexplorer

readme for my BEEfA extension asset.phtml: https://github.com/altsheets/hz-blockexplorer/blob/master/assetsReadme.md

new discussion in the horizon forum: https://horizonplatform.io/topic/b-e-e-f-a-block-explorer-extension-for-assets-page-in-b-e-one-per-asset/

wow, what an enjoyable coding day

Cool

CryptoClub
Legendary

Activity: 1470

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 07:16:27 PM

B.E.E.f.A - quick start: ...
Block explorer extension for assets
Suggestion: Warnings about certain assets

In the past there have already been discussions about blacklisting assets - which I do not want to repeat here. Me personally, I am strongly opposed to any kind of censorship. "Caveat emptor (Buyer beware)" is a more grown up concept than the childish "Consumer protection by censorship and prohibition". A good option is whitelisting assets (see the HZ "trusted assets" page), but there are yet only 4, and I always thought ...

... "what about all the other 100+ HZ assets out there"?
That is why I built my extension asset.phtml. I would want it to always display all assets ... scam, test, or proper ... regardless. What is on the blockchain, gets reported!

But still -especially where without any doubts- I consider ADDITIONAL information is appropriate ... if a certain asset should rather not be bought. Good thinking?

So this is what I coded, to implement a first approximation of that idea:

asset warnings

Some assets are known to be test assets, or revoked (by the issuer), or even scams (perhaps, probably or proven scams).

However, the (too) centralized power of the only official block explorer ... needs a balance between user protection and issuer protection (and censorship is bad)!

So with my 'asset.phtml' ... all assets are still shown - but in some cases with a clear warning.

All is hardcoded into an XML file.
I urge the team to always link back to a forum post where detailed explanations are given, and can be discussed - so that e.g. the issuer gets a chance to react to the suspicion.

examples for the different warnings:

To be totally clear:
Almost all assets will show none of those warnings
- because they are intended to be, and run as proper assets.

P.S.:
This whole "warnings" function is coded now, but it can be easily switched off completely.
If you find it too much to worry about for now ... just go back to the "quick start" posting above now.

As you can imagine it gets tricky fast, I think that is why we went with trusted assets instead. It is easier to have a system to get people verified and with some level of trust and safety than trying to determine every asset, although even that isn't a guarantee, as individuals and various groups run assets and are ultimately responsible for their success or eventual failure. If people come out with their own lists and opinions to help though, I don't think that is bad? I would certainly like any additional information like that myself.

GoldenEye

Activity: 601
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 08:06:43 PM
Last edit: June 30, 2015, 06:07:29 AM by GoldenEye

I know some here are annoyed by the bounty issues.
Some appease and say: Wait, you'll be fine.
Others refer to the bounty thread in the Horizon Forum (https://horizonplatform.io/topic/whats-up-with-hallmark-node-payouts/), but nobody cares about this.
Sorry guys, the node bounties are important and the basis of this coin distribution.
I expect, that one of the devs comments the problems and explains possible solutions.
Everybody knows, shit happens, but we must talk about it. I'm a software developer myself and I know what I'm talking about.

Why am I saying all this? In recent days, the bounties have been not or very irregularly paid.
The "Last Payout" date, given by the node checker, shows a payment around 0:20 UTC each day, for each node. But only a few nodes have received a payment. The online time is no longer comprehensible.

Here you can find a summary about the node payments of the last days. The information comes from the blockchain, but I can also provide more detailed information on transaction basis.

Date | Payment per Node | Node count | Number of Payments | Remark
2015-06-25 | 443.06602 | 2257 | 2256 | single payments
2015-06-26 | 0.0 | ? | 0 | no paymants
2015-06-27 | 539.66541 | 1853 | 367 | combined payments
2015-06-28 | 479.84645 | 2084 | 2083 | replayed payments
2015-06-29 | 591.71598 | 1690 | 391 | combined payments
2015-06-30 | 570.12543 | 1754 | 338 | combined payments

Devs, you are doing a good job! But sometimes you have to take some time for the annoying trappings.

EDIT: 2015-06-30 5:03 UTC: last values added
EDIT2: Seems, that all payments to accounts with more than 26 nodes are skipped

GoldenEye

Activity: 601
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 06:09:04 AM

The stakeholder bounty account is dry since 2 days.
altsheets
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2015, 07:58:39 AM
Last edit: June 30, 2015, 08:10:12 AM by altsheets

Nope. (and we would have noticed because of my BAMM.py).

Actually, the numerical account number of NHZ-A9WQ-PC3J-B3SN-DHQSM is 13394496573002751894 (alias NODE BOUNTY)
and there are still 2.2 mio HZ on it: https://explorer.horizonplatform.io/?page=account&id=13394496573002751894

It only looks empty: https://explorer.horizonplatform.io/?page=account&id=NHZ-A9WQ-PC3J-B3SN-DHQSM
probably a glitch in the block explorer ...

quasimodo
Legendary

Activity: 2692
Merit: 1175

Reflinks und User die solche posten sind Scheisse

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 08:12:51 AM

Nope. (and we would have noticed because of my BAMM.py).

Actually, the numerical account number of NHZ-A9WQ-PC3J-B3SN-DHQSM is 13394496573002751894 (alias NODE BOUNTY)
and there are still 2.2 mio HZ on it: https://explorer.horizonplatform.io/?page=account&id=13394496573002751894

It only looks empty: https://explorer.horizonplatform.io/?page=account&id=NHZ-A9WQ-PC3J-B3SN-DHQSM
probably a glitch in the block explorer ...

Stakeholder bounty account is:  
NHZ-XB5G-QDAG-NU3M-EL8L8
ID: 14071728701170426990 | Alias: stakeholder bounty
and its empty: https://explorer.horizonplatform.io/?page=account&id=14071728701170426990
Hubus

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 08:22:14 AM

I am strongly opposed to any kind of censorship.

So with my new 'asset.phtml' extension ... all assets are still shown - but in some cases with a clear warning.

... but that seems to reflect the state of the crypto subculture. Egoistic.

Hi altsheets,

good idea to integrate a short information system into a software.

I haven't been here for a long time. Did you sell any of your software already now? It would mean that your asset is valuable for your shareholders. Note that it might be also egoistic to collect money and not generating profits at all. Well, okay, sorry, it is not egoistic but useless and maybe naive and unrealistic. Well, maybe that's the definition of idealism.

You should really charge money for your work but if nobody wants to buy, an asset is useless for shareholders.

Now please don't be insulted, I appreciate your efforts. (But I have completely sold your asset for my own 'egoistic" reasons. You should take into account that usually not all people here are rich - so it is not a question of egoism if you just can't give away your money for others. Unless your name is Jesus, maybe.)

Regarding information about assets, the real and best thing is to evaluate them and discuss them (uncensored), and the best place for something like this is a forum like this (unless you want to offer some kind of payed information service).

That's why I wrote a short "report" here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1008110.msg11472629#msg11472629

But it seems there is not much feedback. I don't expect any income from this (as you do), but if it can help someone to not invest his money in a scammer or a useless asset, I'm content. Of course, some feedback or discussion would be interesting in this "why would I buy an asset" thread.

As I said somewhere before: For me, the cryptocurrency world from my point of view is divided into the scammers (I would call them egoists, too) and the naive people (idealists without working ideas and the easy-believing victims of the scammers).

And there is the little minority of people who really have working concepts (which includes money, it is not "evil" in itself, and all this here IS about money, that's why it's called a CURRENCY). These people are the hope.
Pages: « 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 ... 155 »
  Print  

Jump to: