Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 07:40:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 118 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Moolah Scam on Mintpal - Reporting Missing Coins  (Read 226851 times)
BlockaFett (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 07:53:14 PM

Heads up friends. TheBoffin was the person who facilitated Alex Greens operations.  The American business was under Landons name, the accounts as well, YET I have not heard a thing about his involvement. Without him, this whole operation cannot function. It is 100% known through chat logs that TheBoffin was willing to take responsibility for a company, while just an employee, and knowing that Alex Green had no face, wanted to remain anonymous, and ADMITTED he thought it was sketchy, but still took his paycheque and enables thousands to lose their money. So I guess, before he enables more fundsmissing, he is starting a new business

CryptoGold.me - Reddit Gold with Altcoins by TheBoffinin dogecoin
TheBoffin 1 point 10 days ago
This is a side project that myself and some of the previous Moolah staff have started. We are trying to move on the best we can all things considered Smiley
http://cryptogold.me/. I would recomend using your brain before supporting these people. I don't feel all themoolah employees should be accountable for Alex Greens actions, but Boffin was a willing participant in something he was even fishy about. He took $$ over matter and offered to be the face ofa financial service that even he thought could be a scam.. Use these services with extreme caution.

Is Landon TheBoffin?  Landon was the one who said 'no evidence of any wrongdoing by Moolah at this time' despite 5000 BTC gone AWOL...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sushibi

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 07:55:07 PM

Heads up friends. TheBoffin was the person who facilitated Alex Greens operations.  The American business was under Landons name, the accounts as well, YET I have not heard a thing about his involvement. Without him, this whole operation cannot function. It is 100% known through chat logs that TheBoffin was willing to take responsibility for a company, while just an employee, and knowing that Alex Green had no face, wanted to remain anonymous, and ADMITTED he thought it was sketchy, but still took his paycheque and enables thousands to lose their money. So I guess, before he enables more fundsmissing, he is starting a new business

This is a side project that myself and some of the previous Moolah staff have started. We are trying to move on the best we can all things considered Smiley
http://cryptogold.me/. I would recomend using your brain before supporting these people. I don't feel all themoolah employees should be accountable for Alex Greens actions, but Boffin was a willing participant in something he was even fishy about. He took $$ over matter and offered to be the face ofa financial service that even he thought could be a scam.. Use these services with extreme caution.

Is Landon TheBoffin?  Landon was the one who said 'no evidence of any wrongdoing by Moolah at this time' despite 5000 BTC gone AWOL...

Correct. I recommend reading http://www.reddit.com/user/theboffin it really is very interesting the way he distances him self and throws other employees under the bus. Must have picked up a thing or two from his buttbuddy
BlockaFett (OP)

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 08:01:20 PM

Is Landon TheBoffin?  Landon was the one who said 'no evidence of any wrongdoing by Moolah at this time' despite 5000 BTC gone AWOL...

Correct. I recommend reading http://www.reddit.com/user/theboffin it really is very interesting the way he distances him self and throws other employees under the bus. Must have picked up a thing or two from his buttbuddy

Thanks for the link.  IDK about Landon.  People saying it should have been obvious to employees, well people like Green are often strong personalities and when they bosses, employees tend to follow blindly and be really loyal and go along with everything, be a team player and ignore the elephants in the room subsconsciously. Also Green scams everyone, his hobby is Anime and he even scammed his local Anime club lol and sometimes used his own mom's name, so why would he cut a lowly employee in.  But Landon saying no evidence of wrong doing is a bit much...
sushibi

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 08:07:08 PM

Thanks for the link.  IDK about Landon.  People saying it should have been obvious to employees, well people like Green are often strong personalities and when they bosses, employees tend to follow blindly and be really loyal and go along with everything, be a team player and ignore the elephants in the room subsconsciously. Also Green scams everyone, his hobby is Anime and he even scammed his local Anime club lol and sometimes used his own mom's name, so why would he cut a lowly employee in.  But Landon saying no evidence of wrong doing is a bit much...

Agreed completely, until i read these logs. https://network23.org/dogecoin/2014/10/21/first-chat-with-the-boffin-typos-and-all/  He was 100% aware that his boss has no face. He was 100% aware that his boss wanted to be anonymous. He was 100% aware that this was fishy. Now, how on earth, does someone put a FINANCIAL business in their name, with these unknowns is beyond me, in the real world.  BUT the crypto ecosystem, give me a break. It's called a paycheck and turning the blind eye to 100% of any risk. Accountability for these people is important.
BlockaFett (OP)

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 08:38:33 PM
Last edit: November 02, 2014, 08:56:42 PM by BlockaFett

Thanks for the link.  IDK about Landon.  People saying it should have been obvious to employees, well people like Green are often strong personalities and when they bosses, employees tend to follow blindly and be really loyal and go along with everything, be a team player and ignore the elephants in the room subsconsciously. Also Green scams everyone, his hobby is Anime and he even scammed his local Anime club lol and sometimes used his own mom's name, so why would he cut a lowly employee in.  But Landon saying no evidence of wrong doing is a bit much...

Agreed completely, until i read these logs. https://network23.org/dogecoin/2014/10/21/first-chat-with-the-boffin-typos-and-all/  He was 100% aware that his boss has no face. He was 100% aware that his boss wanted to be anonymous. He was 100% aware that this was fishy. Now, how on earth, does someone put a FINANCIAL business in their name, with these unknowns is beyond me, in the real world.  BUT the crypto ecosystem, give me a break. It's called a paycheck and turning the blind eye to 100% of any risk. Accountability for these people is important.

Yes, from reading that it's highly suspicious. And saying he had death threats as an excuse, it's like Green constantly saying he had injuries or Moolah was being hacked all the time, playing the victim.  Plus saying no evidence of wrongdoing and not exposing more about the scam.

But if he knew it was a scam why put the business in his name to keep green anonymous.

Too many people after Green on this, Syscoin, Mintpal, Mintpal customers, people tracking the withdrawals and wallets, and no plausible deniability like GOX had...his time is coming and I guess people like Landon will have to choose to explain the full story even if it implicates them some or go down with the ship.

Felt was exposing Moolah way back, as was Doernberg, shame all this info doesn't get connected so people can hear about it earlier and avoid scammers like them

EDIT: ok reading the Reddit, Landon's story totally doesn't make sense Wink
BlockaFett (OP)

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 08:47:12 PM

Just noticed Landon replied to me on Reddit when I asked for more details, his response 'I have no involvement in Mintpal'...

http://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin/comments/2jn4n6/a_statement_from_landon_merrill/cled8vr
sushibi

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 09:12:00 PM

Just noticed Landon replied to me on Reddit when I asked for more details, his response 'I have no involvement in Mintpal'...

http://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin/comments/2jn4n6/a_statement_from_landon_merrill/cled8vr

His answers are far short of touching on anything.

I would imagine he has been legally advised not to comment on anything that could implicate him.  

Well,regardless... I had no funds in Moolah, and no legal proceedings, but i do run a number of promotional sites, it is getting tiring promoting this stuff to people that have a 50% chance of getting it all stolen in the first 6 months (sarcasm,but seriously..).  Awesome, everyone who gotfucked,don't worry your taxes are also used to protect these fine folks from financial liabilities. Such a great system we have.

TheBoffin 2 points 14 days ago
Opening up a company in the United States was one of the best things that I could ahve done, as it made sure that I am protected. I will also state that there has yet to be any proof of wrongdoings.
BlockaFett (OP)

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 09:14:39 PM

I would imagine he has been legally advised not to comment on anything that could implicate him.  

Well,regardless... I had no funds in Moolah, and no legal proceedings, but i do run a number of promotional sites, it is getting tiring promoting this crap when people keep losing all of their money.  Especially with comments like this. Awesome, everyone who gotfucked,don't worry your taxes are also used to protect these fine folks from financial liabilities. Such a great system we have.

Opening up a company in the United States was one of the best things that I could ahve done, as it made sure that I am protected. I will also state that there has yet to be any proof of wrongdoings.

Yeh I hear you, whole scene is getting tired by these scams I think, and yeh this douche's comments don't read well in that context lol Wink
sushibi

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 09:15:18 PM

Well,regardless... I had no funds in Moolah, and no legal proceedings, but i do run a number of promotional sites, it is getting tiring promoting this crap when people keep losing all of their money.  Especially with comments like this. Awesome, everyone who gotfucked,don't worry your taxes are also used to protect these fine folks from financial liabilities. Such a great system we have.

Yeh I hear you, whole scene is getting tired by these scams I think, and yeh this douche's comments don't read well in that context lol Wink

At least footballs on today.
BlockaFett (OP)

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 09:16:33 PM

At least footballs on today.

yay!
karrotbear

Activity: 10

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 10:36:51 PM

Didn't know where to report, or how to, so I'm just going to write it up here.

96,540.12085510 FLT
618.63636251 VTC

Submitted a withdrawal request around the 17th (maybe) of October.

I know it's not much :/
deephouse

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 11:01:08 PM

Saw the last message from Alex. So he is trying to give back all the missing funds? Even he does not know how the funds disappeared. I find hard to believe him.

SnjafSnjaf

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 11:20:58 PM

Saw the last message from Alex. So he is trying to give back all the missing funds? Even he does not know how the funds disappeared. I find hard to believe him.

You must be joking!!! He doesn't know how funds disappeared but only he had access to BTC funds and he personally moved all BTC's to his personal wallet! No one should believe him and he should be arrested and put away...
Bobbs

Activity: 36

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 12:41:36 AM

When will this scam with them end?  Huh
sushibi

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 02:38:09 AM

If this goes unpunished it will seriously damage the crypto community.
I'm asking myself is crypto just for scammers. All those scam coins and now the Mintpal fraud, what next? Cryptsy or Bittrex?
I lost money on on crypto, both scam coins and also because of a scam dev, and now it seems like i'm losing in scam exchange.
I will NEVER invest in this kind of bullshit again.

there are very many before you who have arrived at that position, which why things as as cheap as they are.

if you don't demand accountability it will only get worse

there are really only two solutions: stay and fix it, or leave.

lol. You're the first person I have seen on here with warnings all over your stuff. Might I ask why? You don't have to answer, none of my business, just curious.
RenegadeMan

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 03:11:22 AM
Last edit: November 03, 2014, 04:14:37 AM by RenegadeMan

BlockaFett and sushibi it's pretty clear TheBoffin is Landon (as you've noted) otherwise why would he give this Skype address? ("[21:55] <TheBoffin> Skype?  Landon@Moolah.io" in https://network23.org/dogecoin/2014/10/21/first-chat-with-the-boffin-typos-and-all/)

And to me this bit gives some idea that it's far more than just the "paycheck" factor here:

Agreed completely, until i read these logs. https://network23.org/dogecoin/2014/10/21/first-chat-with-the-boffin-typos-and-all/  He was 100% aware that his boss has no face. He was 100% aware that his boss wanted to be anonymous. He was 100% aware that this was fishy. Now, how on earth, does someone put a FINANCIAL business in their name, with these unknowns is beyond me, in the real world.  BUT the crypto ecosystem, give me a break. It's called a paycheck and turning the blind eye to 100% of any risk. Accountability for these people is important.

You can almost guarantee that Alex/Ryan set up some sort of incentive arrangement for Landon to receive some equity in the business or a major financial benefit if certain objectives were met. The nature of his comments in that discussion with FeltPen are too far beyond mere "employee". He's attempting to defuse suspicion, protect Alex/Ryan and denounce any need for more transparency/openness. I'd say he was far more aware of the many issues with Alex/Ryan than he's (subsequent to that interaction with FeltPen) let on. He's most likely way in over his head too and being involved with someone like Alex/Ryan (who appears to be your classic corporate psychopath) it would have been very hard to walk a straight line without being subject to threats, recriminations and all sorts of subversive pressures:

If anyone reading this hasn't seen the appalling interaction between Alex Green/Ryan Kennedy/Ryan Gentle/(who knows what other names?) and a couple of people from the Doge Foundation watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjUsn2rH_xE

It starts off pretty tame but go to about an hour in and you will see Alex/Ryan in full flight. Credit to Ben Doernberg (previously) from the Dogecoin Foundation for standing up to him. As I've said, classic corporate bully/psychopath who will have left multiple trails of destruction wherever he goes.

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
gristlelump

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 06:55:03 AM

BlockaFett and sushibi it's pretty clear TheBoffin is Landon (as you've noted) otherwise why would he give this Skype address? ("[21:55] <TheBoffin> Skype?  Landon@Moolah.io" in https://network23.org/dogecoin/2014/10/21/first-chat-with-the-boffin-typos-and-all/)

And to me this bit gives some idea that it's far more than just the "paycheck" factor here:

You can almost guarantee that Alex/Ryan set up some sort of incentive arrangement for Landon to receive some equity in the business or a major financial benefit if certain objectives were met. The nature of his comments in that discussion with FeltPen are too far beyond mere "employee". He's attempting to defuse suspicion, protect Alex/Ryan and denounce any need for more transparency/openness. I'd say he was far more aware of the many issues with Alex/Ryan than he's (subsequent to that interaction with FeltPen) let on. He's most likely way in over his head too and being involved with someone like Alex/Ryan (who appears to be your classic corporate psychopath) it would have been very hard to walk a straight line without being subject to threats, recriminations and all sorts of subversive pressures:

If anyone reading this hasn't seen the appalling interaction between Alex Green/Ryan Kennedy/Ryan Gentle/(who knows what other names?) and a couple of people from the Doge Foundation watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjUsn2rH_xE

It starts off pretty tame but go to about an hour in and you will see Alex/Ryan in full flight. Credit to Ben Doernberg (previously) from the Dogecoin Foundation for standing up to him. As I've said, classic corporate bully/psychopath who will have left multiple trails of destruction wherever he goes.

Thanks for the link to the FULL vid.  The reactions to the questions of liquidity and identity by Alex is why I pulled all my coins off Mintpal.  I found the original truncated vid a few days after it was posted and said "OH SHIT"  this guys full of crap and is as schysty as hell.  I've seen fucks like this in the payday loan business and knew immediately he was up to something.  Persistence is key when someone is obviously obfuscating facts that would be considered reasonable in any business transaction.

Nomercy82

Activity: 44

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 09:47:45 AM

Ferdous controls FLT, KARMA, MIN, XCR, XMR, FAIR, SUPER, and TES wallets (v1 wallets). Ryan controls all other wallets and mintpal.com v2, including withdrawal requests. Ferdous is trying to gain control over the other wallets and mintpal.com v2. However, Ryan will not give up control over anything else, so Ferdous is taking legal action against him.

I agree that Ferdous should get the database snapshot from Ryan to process the withdrawals. If he's not making an effort to do this, he is holding the v1 wallets in hostage.

Ryan will not give anyone any access to the database. Ferdous cannot know who any of the coins belong to without the database. Yet he also does not want to hand any more wallets over to Ryan for 'processing', as there is a chance that nobody will ever see them back again.

He's correct, regardless of what may or may not be on paper, nobody other than Ryan had any access to anything regarding Mintpal management (apart from perhaps Forrest who would restart the daemons when they went down - he couldn't see anything else though). Some support staff answered emails and collated lists for Ryan, but that's about it.

What is also worth saying is that aside from the single 'audit' that Ryan provided on the moolah platform around 4 months ago, NO OTHER AUDITS have taken place to our knowledge. He has continually stated that they have and that they would be made available but not even Landon has seen these. He also stated that he had 'several third parties' assess the code for Mintpal V2. I highly suspect no decent software firm ever looked at that code though. It was horrendous.
BlockaFett (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 12:10:48 PM

Ferdous controls FLT, KARMA, MIN, XCR, XMR, FAIR, SUPER, and TES wallets (v1 wallets). Ryan controls all other wallets and mintpal.com v2, including withdrawal requests. Ferdous is trying to gain control over the other wallets and mintpal.com v2. However, Ryan will not give up control over anything else, so Ferdous is taking legal action against him.

I agree that Ferdous should get the database snapshot from Ryan to process the withdrawals. If he's not making an effort to do this, he is holding the v1 wallets in hostage.

Ryan will not give anyone any access to the database. Ferdous cannot know who any of the coins belong to without the database. Yet he also does not want to hand any more wallets over to Ryan for 'processing', as there is a chance that nobody will ever see them back again.

He's correct, regardless of what may or may not be on paper, nobody other than Ryan had any access to anything regarding Mintpal management (apart from perhaps Forrest who would restart the daemons when they went down - he couldn't see anything else though). Some support staff answered emails and collated lists for Ryan, but that's about it.

What is also worth saying is that aside from the single 'audit' that Ryan provided on the moolah platform around 4 months ago, NO OTHER AUDITS have taken place to our knowledge. He has continually stated that they have and that they would be made available but not even Landon has seen these. He also stated that he had 'several third parties' assess the code for Mintpal V2. I highly suspect no decent software firm ever looked at that code though. It was horrendous.

Whilst Ryan might have kept logins / data to himself, its not true to say others had no access - Landon is COO and a shareholder so he does have 'access' at the highest level - as Ryan conducted his theft, Landon has a corporate and legal responsibility to make sure the company business is being conducted legally and responsibly and customers are not being defrauded on a massive scale as they have been here, and at least report crimes when they are being committed which obviously they are (or did 5000 BTC not go missing...).

You can't be head of Moolah US and shareholder of Moolah UK and be Ryan's right hand man and say you have 'no involvement' in the companies latest venture (Mintpal V2) it doesn't wash and no court will buy this, Landon's an idiot for thinking he can get away with it buy saying this, any US/UK court will eat him alive if he stands up and says that.
BlockaFett (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 12:29:39 PM

Added Landon to the OP. Whole story stinks, what a company lol
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 118 »
  Print  

Jump to: