Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 11:38:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 [543] 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 ... 1240 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CCminer(SP-MOD) Modded GPU kernels.  (Read 2347502 times)
bensam1231
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 05:56:05 PM
Last edit: April 13, 2016, 06:35:48 PM by bensam1231

Did anyone notice that prices for all algo's dropped like a rock?

Yup, been happening for about two weeks now. Either a big pump is happening soon or they're looking for a more manageable burn rate.

The difference is very small. Currently buying the paid miner a dubious idea.
Waiting for further improvements of the code of the miner from SP, to achieve a significant gap.

But my buyers last month have got a nice profit. The only difference is that Alexei used a couple of months to match my speed of the privateminer, and opensourced his work (11-april-2016). What Can I do?
I added a few MHASH'es to the donators..(12-april-2016) Smiley

Not sure why anyone is still bitching over inching a bit more out of Decred.

What I, and I'm sure a lot of other people here want, is a Eth/Dcr merge miner. I'd pay again for this as long as it works remotely well. Claymore already has a working one for AMD, but that doesn't extend to AMD. Nvidia has quite a bit of processing power that currently isn't being used... It should be.

For the love of god, make a merged miner. Why aren't more people talking about this?

Has anyone tried home-brewed mining 2 algos simultaneously by running 2 instances of the miner? I don't know that
building that capability into a single instance will be significantly better unless it can allocate resources more efficiently
to serve each algo better.

They don't share very well... I tried it and it's pretty messy. You get about maybe a 5% increase in performance by running Eth and Dcr at the same time, which is why a dual miner is really where it's at.

Yelp Roll Eyes

X11 ASIC miners are shipping at moment (ibelink X11 miner 387mhs at 750watts)

Tonnes of anarchy on the Alt coins system for the next 4 months, lot's of hardforks onto alternative algos for X11 cryptos!

On top of that, Bitcoin block halving in June 2016 and speculators are gambling on Bitcoin price going after June; they hoping they can buy back their Alt coin position at a lower price.

Essentially, it all about mining and holding you Alts for the next 6 months, until the anarchy disappears and the Alt coin prices goes back up.
Must be a super farm mining.
Now im mining at the cost of electricity. Angry Every algo down.... a super farm for the greedy sub human.

Yeah, it is up and down with mining, sometimes you mine at loss to support the cryptos you hold a large position in.

Can hurt your head at times.
Not like this ... no a super farm is mining or a lot of miners.... never seen it drop so fast in 7 days. I think it will get worst too.... much worst....mining for 2.5 years now.
Time to release those very private miners sp.

If you've been around that long you'd know about three months ago half your revenue went to power cost. It has gotten much worse before... this is still great profits all things considered.

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.
pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 08:37:33 PM

Yes, the result is, but at the moment the gap is very small, but still progress is being made

That's why I will release a sp-mod ultimate with all kernals optimized. Decred donators wil get a 0.1 BTC discount. Profitabillity is changing from algo to algo.
I have optimized all the 17 algos from x1 to x17, When I merge my kernals into the latest 1.7.6 branch other unkown algos will be faster as well. M2m, c11, sib etc..

Why is sib so slow on the GPU? On the CPU it's .73 x11, on GPU it's only .23.

Current opensource GOST implementations are pretty slow. I made a faster one for AMD and I will look into the cuda one soon.

tbearhere
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 09:15:56 PM

Yup, been happening for about two weeks now. Either a big pump is happening soon or they're looking for a more manageable burn rate.

The difference is very small. Currently buying the paid miner a dubious idea.
Waiting for further improvements of the code of the miner from SP, to achieve a significant gap.

But my buyers last month have got a nice profit. The only difference is that Alexei used a couple of months to match my speed of the privateminer, and opensourced his work (11-april-2016). What Can I do?
I added a few MHASH'es to the donators..(12-april-2016) Smiley

Not sure why anyone is still bitching over inching a bit more out of Decred.

What I, and I'm sure a lot of other people here want, is a Eth/Dcr merge miner. I'd pay again for this as long as it works remotely well. Claymore already has a working one for AMD, but that doesn't extend to AMD. Nvidia has quite a bit of processing power that currently isn't being used... It should be.

For the love of god, make a merged miner. Why aren't more people talking about this?

Has anyone tried home-brewed mining 2 algos simultaneously by running 2 instances of the miner? I don't know that
building that capability into a single instance will be significantly better unless it can allocate resources more efficiently
to serve each algo better.

They don't share very well... I tried it and it's pretty messy. You get about maybe a 5% increase in performance by running Eth and Dcr at the same time, which is why a dual miner is really where it's at.

Yelp Roll Eyes

X11 ASIC miners are shipping at moment (ibelink X11 miner 387mhs at 750watts)

Tonnes of anarchy on the Alt coins system for the next 4 months, lot's of hardforks onto alternative algos for X11 cryptos!

On top of that, Bitcoin block halving in June 2016 and speculators are gambling on Bitcoin price going after June; they hoping they can buy back their Alt coin position at a lower price.

Essentially, it all about mining and holding you Alts for the next 6 months, until the anarchy disappears and the Alt coin prices goes back up.
Must be a super farm mining.
Now im mining at the cost of electricity. Angry Every algo down.... a super farm for the greedy sub human.

Yeah, it is up and down with mining, sometimes you mine at loss to support the cryptos you hold a large position in.

Can hurt your head at times.
Not like this ... no a super farm is mining or a lot of miners.... never seen it drop so fast in 7 days. I think it will get worst too.... much worst....mining for 2.5 years now.
Time to release those very private miners sp.

If you've been around that long you'd know about three months ago half your revenue went to power cost. It has gotten much worse before... this is still great profits all things considered.
Yes it is ben.... the thing is that it dropped soooo fast. Smiley  Never seen that before.. especially on ALL algo's.
tbearhere
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 09:20:31 PM

Yes, the result is, but at the moment the gap is very small, but still progress is being made

That's why I will release a sp-mod ultimate with all kernals optimized. Decred donators wil get a 0.1 BTC discount. Profitabillity is changing from algo to algo.
I have optimized all the 17 algos from x1 to x17, When I merge my kernals into the latest 1.7.6 branch other unkown algos will be faster as well. M2m, c11, sib etc..

Current opensource GOST implementations are pretty slow. I made a faster one for AMD and I will look into the cuda one soon.

I did one, too - WAY better. The current GOST one is dead slow.
For nvidia Wolf0? Or just AMD....
joblo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 10:25:39 PM

For nvidia Wolf0? Or just AMD....

AMD, but I COULD do it for Nvidia. Where's the SIB ccminer? I'd do it for a little BTC.

https://github.com/tpruvot/ccminer

AKA JayDDee, cpuminer-opt developer. https://github.com/JayDDee/cpuminer-opt
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5226770.msg53865575#msg53865575
BTC: 12tdvfF7KmAsihBXQXynT6E6th2c2pByTT,
induktor

Activity: 710
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 02:56:55 AM

Hello

I have been using sp decred #4 with good results on the GTX970, so i decide to move it to one of my 750Ti's rigs

it only mines 1 card, the rest stays in standby  Shocked

it is something related with intensity, so i decide to test.

at -i 26.5 it will mine 4 cards, not more.
at -i 26 will work all of them (6 cards)

dunno what is the default, this behavior is not seen on the GTX970, however someone here recommended use for the GTX970 -i 28.9 and he nailed it!, now the miner is more stable, hashrate is closer on the pool (still 10 to 15% slow than the miner), but at least it is better (it used to be 20% slow (pool vs miner))

lubuntu 14.04 x64, intel G3250, H81Pro-BTC 6xGigabyte 750Ti stock, 32W power limit, getting 515MH/card.
power: 325W at the wall, power efficiency: 9.5MH/W.

pool reports between 2.4 and 3Gh so it is not very stable Sad it got me a little worried, any thoughts?
pool is zpool.ca

BTC addr: 1vTGnFgaM2WJjswwmbj6N2AQBWcHfimSc
crysx

Activity: 364
Merit: 260

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2016, 03:10:56 AM

Hello

I have been using sp decred #4 with good results on the GTX970, so i decide to move it to one of my 750Ti's rigs

it only mines 1 card, the rest stays in standby  Shocked

dunno what is the default, this behavior is not seen on the GTX970, however someone here recommended use for the GTX970 -i 28.9 and he nailed it!, now the miner is more stable, hashrate is closer on the pool (still 10 to 15% slow than the miner), but at least it is better (it used to be 20% slow (pool vs miner))

lubuntu 14.04 x64, intel G3250, H81Pro-BTC 6xGigabyte 750Ti stock, 32W power limit, getting 515MH/card.

pool reports between 2.4 and 3Gh so it is not very stable Sad it got me a little worried, any thoughts?
pool is zpool.ca

dropping the gpu cards in earlier versions - this has happened up until version #7 from my tests ... mostly - the cards appear after quite a number of shares being submitted ... but occasionally the last card is the one that is completely dropped from the mining list ...

i only have one gb 750ti oc lp to test with now - as thefarm is down until i can find another place for it ... and even then with the card i CAN test with - it is the card that is in my machine that im using - so i cant push it to full intensity ... it always needs to be pulled back a little ...

but what i have found is that even with the card thats being used in the system - the intensity level on decred-spmod#7 works nicely on -i 29.6 ... even when i had the gb 980ti g1 / extreme cards atthose intensities - it mined really well ...

later today ( after running my errands ) i will test decred-spmod#9 if all goes well ... ill also try and get the test system running as well as the 980ti beast my friend has loaned me for a few weeks ...

#crysx

ChainWorks Industries . grn - Ga2TFVPW3y2vd9vMdqLWfid9hf8RPSQV19 . exchange - https://bleutrade.com/exchange/GRN/BTC/ . email - crysx@gnxs.com .
crysx

Activity: 364
Merit: 260

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2016, 03:14:50 AM

yup ...

i still want quark Wink ...

im looking at changing granite and ozziecoin to quark ( or a variation on the algo quark ) - so any optimization will be welcome ... though a private kernel would be even more welcome - and paid for ...

so i can mine them both when thefarm gets back up again ...

#crysx

ChainWorks Industries . grn - Ga2TFVPW3y2vd9vMdqLWfid9hf8RPSQV19 . exchange - https://bleutrade.com/exchange/GRN/BTC/ . email - crysx@gnxs.com .
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 05:27:11 AM

Hello

it only mines 1 card, the rest stays in standby  Shocked

pool is zpool.ca

There's an issue with dual core CPU rigs which was discussed several pages back (544).

A workaround I use is to separate the cards into two ccminer instances like this:
ccminer -a decred [...] -d 0,1,2
ccminer -a decred [...] -d 3,4,5

If we're talking about the same issue it's not related to intensity it's just not always happening.

Not your keys, not your coins!
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 06:57:00 AM

what speed you achieved?
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 07:43:56 AM

what speed you achieved?

Looks like ~4.65MH/s on SIB for a 280X, but it's been a long while since I looked at it.

i'm assuming the same speed can be reached on a 970? if yes then it's good, more profit than ethereum currently
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 07:56:13 AM

what speed you achieved?

Looks like ~4.65MH/s on SIB for a 280X, but it's been a long while since I looked at it.

i'm assuming the same speed can be reached on a 970? if yes then it's good, more profit than ethereum currently

Oh, of course.

are you selling the one for nvidia? if yes how much?
bensam1231
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 10:45:02 AM

And only one person is interested in the dual miner Claymore made for Eth/Dcr and thinks there should be similar for Nvidia?

Is this just really hard to do, which is why no one wants to talk about it? Nvidia is crippled on Eth right now because of the memory bus... which means there is even more GPU power that could be devoted to mining Dcr.

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.
Genoil

Activity: 438
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 11:13:29 AM

And only one person is interested in the dual miner Claymore made for Eth/Dcr and thinks there should be similar for Nvidia?

Is this just really hard to do, which is why no one wants to talk about it? Nvidia is crippled on Eth right now because of the memory bus... which means there is even more GPU power that could be devoted to mining Dcr.

GCN 1.0 cards are even worse these days. While compute 5.2 cards on win7/8 and linux will keep a steady hashrate until the DAG hits 2GB, GCN 1.0 have been on the downslope since the beginning. Hashrate is already down by 30%. when DAG hits 2GB it will be 50%. The good thing about the Claymore miner is that while memory latency increases with increasing DAG size, there's more time to spend on DCR mining.

ETH: 0xeb9310b185455f863f526dab3d245809f6854b4d
BTC: 1Nu2fMCEBjmnLzqb8qUJpKgq5RoEWFhNcW
Elun

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 01:26:01 PM
Last edit: April 14, 2016, 01:37:05 PM by Elun

what speed you achieved?

Smth around 5.2-5.25(280X) with a pretty high clocks(someone may consider them as high, for me it is ok): 1100/1500. In my case other algos are limiting the speed.
Elun

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 02:22:09 PM

You have Kachur's SIMD, though.
I'm not quite good at decompiling and asm stuff.
Elun

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 02:54:27 PM

You have Kachur's SIMD, though.
I'm not quite good at decompiling and asm stuff.

I know - but didn't you get your GOST bin from him? Or did you do a different SIMD?
Nope, i never had his sibcoin bin.
Genoil

Activity: 438
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 04:46:45 PM

GCN 1.0 cards are even worse these days. While compute 5.2 cards on win7/8 and linux will keep a steady hashrate until the DAG hits 2GB, GCN 1.0 have been on the downslope since the beginning. Hashrate is already down by 30%. when DAG hits 2GB it will be 50%. The good thing about the Claymore miner is that while memory latency increases with increasing DAG size, there's more time to spend on DCR mining.

Doesn't chunking the DAG help that quite a bit? You could additionally do a very small TMTO if it's worth it.

I haven't been able to get chunking working on AMD yet. The test program that I wrote to create the graph above has a much better hashrate when chunking is applied, but it doesn't really mine anything. When I apply chunking in ethash, I don't get any speed improvement, nor do I get valid results...

ETH: 0xeb9310b185455f863f526dab3d245809f6854b4d
BTC: 1Nu2fMCEBjmnLzqb8qUJpKgq5RoEWFhNcW
scryptr
Legendary

Activity: 1796
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2016, 02:17:28 PM

WHAT PRIVATE MINERS ARE CURRENTLY AVAILABLE?  --

@sp_  Please list the most current private miners available.  Currenlty, I stopped mining DECRED with my 750ti rig and switched to your open-source v1.5.79, and mining mostly X11, Quark, Qubit, and Neoscrypt.  My other rigs are still mining ETH.  I have a couple of your private miners and am interested in the sourcecode.  Having been a long-time contributor, and also a Linux miner, I want to be able to compile and run the modified kernels under Linux.       --scryptr

TIPS:  BTC - 1Fs4uZ6a9ABYBTaHGUfqcwCQmeBRxkKRQT    DASH - XrK81tW31SLsVvZ2WX9VhTjpT6GXJPLdbQ
          SCRYPTR'S NOTEBOOK: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5035515.msg46035530#msg46035530
          GITHUB: "github.com/scryptr"  MERIT is appreciated, also.  Thanks!
sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1087

Team Black developer

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 02:34:24 PM
Last edit: April 15, 2016, 02:56:36 PM by sp_

1. 0.1BTC: Pentablake +100-120% (3 releases)
2. 0.1BTC: Cryptonight +10% (one release) (reported bugs on compute 5.2)
3. 0.1BTC: Spreadcoin +10-20% (with full sourcecode / linux compatible) (9 releases)
4. 0.1BTC: All nicehash algos optimized. 0-10% (5 releases)(x11,x13,x15,nist5,quark,lyra2v2,neoscrypt)
5. 0.1BTC: decred +18-25% (9 releases) (Full sourcecode(linux) 0.4BTC)
6. 0.2BTC: Vcash(+13%+decred(+18-25%) (0.1 btc discount for the decred buyers) (6 releases)

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW MEOWPOW + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
Pages: « 1 ... 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 [543] 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 ... 1240 »
  Print  

Jump to: