Bitcoin Forum
December 08, 2016, 04:33:11 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.13.1  [Torrent].
 
   Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 82 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Payout Updates] Bitcoinica site is taken offline for security investigation  (Read 145791 times)
trentreznor321
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 26

Firstbits: 1reznor


View Profile
May 30, 2012, 01:39:38 PM
 #61

I only have USD in my account. Mtgox code is good with me. If needed, I can supply the mtgox code that I used to fund my account. I also have the emails of the few small withdrawals I made in BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
1481214791
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1481214791

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1481214791
Reply with quote  #2

1481214791
Report to moderator
1481214791
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1481214791

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1481214791
Reply with quote  #2

1481214791
Report to moderator
1481214791
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1481214791

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1481214791
Reply with quote  #2

1481214791
Report to moderator
Mushoz
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 686


Bitbuy


View Profile WWW
May 30, 2012, 07:42:08 PM
 #62

I can provide anything you want: Mails, ID, deposit numbers, withdrawal numbers.
Just please help me out. The wait is killing me.

www.bitbuy.nl - Koop eenvoudig, snel en goedkoop bitcoins bij Bitbuy!
Sysrq
Member
**
Offline Offline

Activity: 66



View Profile
May 30, 2012, 08:13:48 PM
 #63

I only have USD in my account. Mtgox code is good with me. If needed, I can supply the mtgox code that I used to fund my account. I also have the emails of the few small withdrawals I made in BTC.

Same situation here.
tseale
Donator
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 18


View Profile
May 30, 2012, 08:39:58 PM
 #64

30 May 01:52: Consensus seems to have been reached. Waiting for final confirmation from Tihan to move ahead so we can work out the actual payout implementation specifics.

As a rep for the limited partner, I don't have a vote in this process. I do hope my input has been helpful, but the decision on how to proceed belongs to Donald, Patrick and Amir alone. I'm happy to hear they'll soon be ready.
genjix
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1232


View Profile
May 30, 2012, 09:33:37 PM
 #65

Sorry about the above. It was a slip up by me. Tihan is correct.

30 May 23:30: We're going to proceed with payouts of the few people we have verified hopefully tomorrow for 80% of their claims (the remaining 20% will be refunded later). A more lengthy process will be applied to everyone else.

EDIT: I was under the impression he was acting strictly on behalf of the decision makers due to our conversations and the decisions that have been made thus far. I will confirm that we indeed have the ability to make this decision regarding the claims.
yochdog
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1666



View Profile
May 30, 2012, 09:36:12 PM
 #66

Sorry about the above. It was a slip up by me. Tihan is correct.

30 May 23:30: We're going to proceed with payouts of the few people we have verified hopefully tomorrow for 80% of their claims (the remaining 20% will be refunded later). A more lengthy process will be applied to everyone else.

And how were they verified?  Were they given preferential treatment?  I am sure all of us would love to find out how to become one of the few verified individuals. 


I am a trusted trader!  Ask Inaba, Luo Demin, Vanderbleek, Sannyasi, Episking, Miner99er, Isepick, Amazingrando, Cablez, ColdHardMetal, Dextryn, MB300sd, Robocoder, gnar1ta$ and many others!
WhatsHappening
Newbie
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 23


View Profile
May 30, 2012, 09:43:46 PM
 #67

Sorry about the above. It was a slip up by me. Tihan is correct.

30 May 23:30: We're going to proceed with payouts of the few people we have verified hopefully tomorrow for 80% of their claims (the remaining 20% will be refunded later). A more lengthy process will be applied to everyone else.

Transparency is not your strong side. Why a few people (how they got verified, by claim form ?).

We want to know rules!!
bulanula
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 518



View Profile
May 30, 2012, 09:47:18 PM
 #68

Did you actually use zhoutong's 100 point system Huh
genjix
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1232


View Profile
May 30, 2012, 09:50:10 PM
 #69

Quote
Were they given preferential treatment?

Yes. People with a high rating within the community. These people are having their process expedited.

Originally Zhou favoured simply paying people out based on reputation (trust-based approach) whereas we (me and Patrick) supported divvying funds up accordingly among people (pro-rata). That was the nature of the disagreement and why Zhou was saying he could do immediate payouts quickly if we handed over the process. We did not think this was fair despite people calling for him to handle the process. The final method that's been mutually agreed upon by all is a hybrid method - using both approaches.

That's why I said one method is fast but inaccurate, while the other is slower but more accurate. It's a difficult decision though. And despite the criticism, I'm going to perform the payouts in the way that I personally think is most fair for all. There are a lot of people on this forum who don't have a voice so it would be unfair to simply payout to people based on reputation alone.
ninjarobot
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 755


Mine Silent, Mine Deep


View Profile
May 30, 2012, 09:58:04 PM
 #70

Define 'A high rating in the community'

What community are we talking about and how is this relevant to bitcoinica?
How is this rating calculated?
How is this verified?
How is this fair?

Smacks like favoritism to me.
BadBitcoin (James Sutton)
Donator
Sr. Member
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 451



View Profile
May 30, 2012, 09:59:17 PM
 #71

Quote
Were they given preferential treatment?

Yes. People with a high rating within the community. These people are having their process expedited.

Originally Zhou favoured simply paying people out based on reputation (trust-based approach) whereas we (me and Patrick) supported divvying funds up accordingly among people (pro-rata). That was the nature of the disagreement and why Zhou was saying he could do immediate payouts quickly if we handed over the process. We did not think this was fair despite people calling for him to handle the process. The final method that's been mutually agreed upon by all is a hybrid method - using both approaches.

That's why I said one method is fast but inaccurate, while the other is slower but more accurate. It's a difficult decision though. And despite the criticism, I'm going to perform the payouts in the way that I personally think is most fair for all. There are a lot of people on this forum who don't have a voice so it would be unfair to simply payout to people based on reputation alone.

excellent, please keep this thread updated, I'm checking it twice a day at least.

 if you guys would like wire transfer numbers I have mine somewhere for nearly the exact amount in my account (minus fees), if that helps speed up the process I'll gladly send that along.

EDIT: and to be honest, all the people crying over favoritism, what did you expect? Hes saying they now have a system in place to pay everyone back, thats better than where we were this morning.

Take a look at my  machine learning/economics/engineering blog!
www.learningann.wordpress.com
genjix
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1232


View Profile
May 30, 2012, 10:03:00 PM
 #72

Define 'A high rating in the community'

...

Smacks like favoritism to me.

You're totally right. I dislike this too, but it is the most amicable solution available.

if you guys would like wire transfer numbers I have mine somewhere for nearly the exact amount in my account (minus fees), if that helps speed up the process I'll gladly send that along.

If you have anything that can help, then email verify@bitcoinica.com

There's an internal system being used to collate and organise all this information.
BadBitcoin (James Sutton)
Donator
Sr. Member
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 451



View Profile
May 30, 2012, 10:04:46 PM
 #73

Define 'A high rating in the community'

...

Smacks like favoritism to me.

You're totally right.

if you guys would like wire transfer numbers I have mine somewhere for nearly the exact amount in my account (minus fees), if that helps speed up the process I'll gladly send that along.

If you have anything that can help, then email verify@bitcoinica.com

There's an internal system being used to collate and organise all this information.

sent a couple emails there asking if they want any info that I have, I thought it was a standard email instead of a database, I'll send the AML files along then.

Take a look at my  machine learning/economics/engineering blog!
www.learningann.wordpress.com
realnowhereman
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 504



View Profile
May 30, 2012, 10:06:28 PM
 #74

No part of the claim form asked for a link to any other community.  Please explain how you are securely linking claims to "community reputation".

Please tell me you aren't using "username on bitcoinica = username on bitcointalk".  And "high post count on bitcointalk".

Do you people know anything about security?

1AAZ4xBHbiCr96nsZJ8jtPkSzsg1CqhwDa
repentance
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 840


View Profile
May 30, 2012, 10:07:20 PM
 #75

Sorry about the above. It was a slip up by me. Tihan is correct.

30 May 23:30: We're going to proceed with payouts of the few people we have verified hopefully tomorrow for 80% of their claims (the remaining 20% will be refunded later). A more lengthy process will be applied to everyone else.

So this means that you're with-holding 20% of people's USD deposits as well as 20% of Bitcoin deposits?  I think that you need to define "later" in that case.  Given that people are expecting you to replace the missing Bitcoins by buying them on the open market, it would be wise to provide evidence of doing that.  People want to be confident that you actually have the 20% of both BTC and USD which you're intending to with-hold.

And yes, people need to realise that no matter what system is in place, someone's going to get paid first and someone's going to get paid last.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Maged
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1260


View Profile
May 30, 2012, 10:07:27 PM
 #76

Smacks like favoritism to me.
If it makes you feel better, what Bitcoinica is doing is essentially issuing loans to people that are backed by their reputation. Anyone that doesn't have a reputation can't really be trusted to pay them back if Bitcoinica over-pays them.

And in case you were wondering, anyone who refuses to pay Bitcoinica back if they ask because Bitcoinica believes that you are owed less than you were paid will almost certainly get a scammer tag here. Please keep that in mind.

BadBitcoin (James Sutton)
Donator
Sr. Member
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 451



View Profile
May 30, 2012, 10:11:42 PM
 #77

Smacks like favoritism to me.
If it makes you feel better, what Bitcoinica is doing is essentially issuing loans to people that are backed by their reputation. Anyone that doesn't have a reputation can't really be trusted to pay them back if Bitcoinica over-pays them.

And in case you were wondering, anyone who refuses to pay Bitcoinica back if they ask because Bitcoinica believes that you are owed less than you were paid will almost certainly get a scammer tag here. Please keep that in mind.

good call maged, hopefully this helps move things along.

Take a look at my  machine learning/economics/engineering blog!
www.learningann.wordpress.com
genjix
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1232


View Profile
May 30, 2012, 10:16:51 PM
 #78

No part of the claim form asked for a link to any other community.  Please explain how you are securely linking claims to "community reputation".

We aren't doing that though. We are not using a trust metric, but simply extraditing the process for people with a high degree of certainty.

Also if you do have a forum nickname, and somehow feel it helps you then feel free to email it to the claims email.
ninjarobot
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 755


Mine Silent, Mine Deep


View Profile
May 30, 2012, 10:20:49 PM
 #79

Reputation is more then a pseudonym and a high post count on some forum. The assumption here is that this equals honesty. I'm not so sure myself, especially when money is at stake. I paid for my ticket on this titanic. There was only 1 class when I signed up.

I would like to see some (relative) numbers:
* How many claims has Bitcoinica received? How does this stack up against the total amount of customers?
* Does the amount of claims exceed the amount of deposits? If so by what margin?
genjix
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1232


View Profile
May 30, 2012, 10:24:36 PM
 #80

* How many claims has Bitcoinica received? How does this stack up against the total amount of customers?
* Does the amount of claims exceed the amount of deposits? If so by what margin?

I don't know since I don't have full access to Bitcoinica's records (Tihan has those). But I can see the claims and the total net value is $1.1 million. I don't know what the full amount previously was (Patrick or Zhou knows) but I do know it is a few times less than the total claims.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 82 »
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!