Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:57:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 82 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Payout Updates] Bitcoinica site is taken offline for security investigation  (Read 156628 times)
imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2012, 05:14:25 AM

If you have all the information that you need to prove that 'fake claims' are a waste of time, then why not pay out already, even if its only fractional until the backup funding arrives.  The only way to make fake claims a waste of time is that you can dispute it.  If yo have strong enough data to dispute, you have strong enough data to distribute.  Get to it.

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zhoutong
VIP

Activity: 490
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2012, 05:33:13 AM

I hope you have plans to delete those IDs.

They will be deleted permanently once the issue is resolved, unless Bitcoinica Consultancy objects. In that case I'll also post relevant disclosure.

Even though technically I didn't hold any stake in Bitcoinica, but since people submitted these documents due to the trust in myself, I think I have the right to decide what to do with the data.

My own passport scan is also in the repository. I don't want to hand it to third parties either.

Founder of NameTerrific (https://www.nameterrific.com/). Co-founder of CoinJar (https://coinjar.io/)

Donations for my future Bitcoin projects: 19Uk3tiD5XkBcmHyQYhJxp9QHoub7RosVb
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 09, 2012, 05:36:22 AM

zhoutong, you might not need to hand the IDs over, but you may be legally required to keep them for a few years. Keep that in mind.

repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 09, 2012, 05:39:20 AM
Last edit: June 09, 2012, 05:49:50 AM by repentance

I hope you have plans to delete those IDs.

They will be deleted permanently once the issue is resolved, unless Bitcoinica Consultancy objects. In that case I'll also post relevant disclosure.

Even though technically I didn't hold any stake in Bitcoinica, but since people submitted these documents due to the trust in myself, I think I have the right to decide what to do with the data.

My own passport scan is also in the repository. I don't want to hand it to third parties either.

There may be a legal limitation on their ability to delete it any time soon.  They'd need to run that by their lawyers, but it may be several years before that information can be legally destroyed (it looks like it might be 5 years in NZ).

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
zhoutong
VIP

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2012, 06:04:08 AM

zhoutong, you might not need to hand the IDs over, but you may be legally required to keep them for a few years. Keep that in mind.

Sure. I will obtain some info from Bitcoinica LP about this. If any actions are taken I will post disclosures.

Founder of NameTerrific (https://www.nameterrific.com/). Co-founder of CoinJar (https://coinjar.io/)

S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100

View Profile
June 09, 2012, 07:00:17 AM

What about the original topic, the payout: when will it start?

repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
June 09, 2012, 07:19:31 AM

The continued silence on this question is especially annoying when the profiles of the general partners show them as having been online (phantomcircuit's last activity was only a couple of hours ago) recently.  It's pretty galling for Bitcoinica customers to see Patrick posting in the Intersango thread but ignoring this one.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
disclaimer201
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 09, 2012, 09:22:00 AM

The continued silence on this question is especially annoying when the profiles of the general partners show them as having been online (phantomcircuit's last activity was only a couple of hours ago) recently.  It's pretty galling for Bitcoinica customers to see Patrick posting in the Intersango thread but ignoring this one.

Should we ask him over there?
ninjarobot

Activity: 761

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
June 09, 2012, 09:59:55 AM
Last edit: June 09, 2012, 10:10:22 AM by ninjarobot

From www.bitcoinica.com:

The thief stole from us not you. All withdrawal requests will be honored.

So, how is that coming along?

3 June 23:20: We're adding extra fields to the claims database (should be finished soon), we have received the funds from Tihan to make the initial payouts. Then once that's done, the first round of payments can be finished.

Seems to me there should be nothing holding you back:

• June 3: funds received.
  • June 5: database done.
  • June 7: authorization done.

Or is there anything else that Bitcoinica customers need to be aware of? If so please clarify.

Hopefully someone acting on proper legal representation can respond.

Yeah, Hopefully... Who is Bitcoinica's legal representation anyway?

Other questions:
  • Is Zhou an Bitcoinica LP employee or not? Since the has access to claims, funds, AML and financial records he'd better be.
  • Where is Donald in all of this? I assume he is acting CEO.
  • Why is Bitcoinica not responding to user inquiries over email?
  • Why was help.bitcoinica.com taken down? (as it was separate from the app)
  • Why are updates not posted on the Bitcoinica website?
  • When will the claims process close?
  • How is Bitcoinica dealing with open positions?
  • Why the secrecy?
isis

Activity: 154
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 09, 2012, 11:50:01 AM
Last edit: June 10, 2012, 05:35:41 AM by isis

I believe I have posted sufficient information publicly in this thread about who I am to allow you to confirm my claim.
Do you dispute any of the facts I have posted?  Are the facts I have posted in any way insufficient to allow immediate processing of my claim.

If yes, what ones?
If not, then send the refund as per the information contained in my claim and the confirmation I have posted publicly in this forum, or explain why you are refusing to do so.  

Please be sure to consider your reply carefully.  Your response or lack thereof to this posting and all of your previous communication regarding this matter is being used as supporting evidence in a criminal complaint I am filing against you as an individual.

I am required at this point to state that "Any refund you provide will not prevent a criminal investigation from going forward, but may reflect favorably upon you.  Your co-operation is appreciated."

To the others at Bitcoinica, you may believe that the corporate veil will protect you from civil liability.  Registration in New Zealand as a Financial Services Provider, may make enjoining a class difficult.  I do not dispute either of these facts at this time.  However none of this protects you when you act in a criminal matter, act in bad faith or with malfeasance.  

In line with my previous post on the topic; At this point I am putting you on notice that I am actively filing complaints and will continue to pursue criminal charges against your entire organization.   The charges I am alleging are theft, wire fraud, identity fraud, investment fraud, misrepresentation of material facts, failure to return deposited or entrusted funds and racketeering.

My next post will be to inform the rest of the forum how they can begin the process of filing criminal complaints against Bitcoinica as well.

I have edited this post to remove accusations against Zhou, after further research I determined that I was incorrect and he appears to just be caught up in something bigger than himself.  I apologize.  See https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=84042.msg952523 for specifics. 

Interested in OpenPay?
https://github.com/openpay
Donate to show your appreciation and support the effort!

1LMDCSAwjhT2Vp1sSf62dybEYW3MYpsoZj

Pyramining Links - Help OpenPay and get a 10% bonus on your funds.
http://pyramining.com/referral/zre9ysgqt
http://pyramining.com/referral/ans9km72g
http://pyramining.com/referral/f3k4xebzp
http://pyramining.com/referral/nc3ag2sdb
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
June 09, 2012, 11:59:56 AM

I foresee this happening on a large scale. They will have to deal with 20 plus different attacks. This will not end well. At least they have a good fund for legal defense.

Well that settles it, then.  Nobody will get any money back.  Ok, everyone who intends to file legal claims on that side of the room.  Everyone else, move along, it's over.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
Mushoz

Activity: 686

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2012, 12:00:28 PM

Legal battles are to be expected with the way they are handling this.
I'm beginning to become so angry with the lack of communication.
This is just ridiculous. I've never been treated so badly by a company. A company that made good money
off of my trades. I'm seriously at a loss of words about this entire situation. Sigh

www.bitbuy.nl - Koop eenvoudig, snel en goedkoop bitcoins bij Bitbuy!
Mushoz

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2012, 12:02:53 PM

I foresee this happening on a large scale. They will have to deal with 20 plus different attacks. This will not end well. At least they have a good fund for legal defense.

Well that settles it, then.  Nobody will get any money back.  Ok, everyone who intends to file legal claims on that side of the room.  Everyone else, move along, it's over.

Yes, I agree. Or it will at least be significantly less due to money being spend on legal fights. And this all could have been prevented by
assigning someone to provide proper communication between the company and its customers.
The incompetence they have shown so far baffles me.

Mushoz

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2012, 12:09:18 PM

Cool story bro,

So where are the refunds?

Hopefully they get done soon I think. One of the points outlined today by Tihan was:

"This is what I need from each of you today:

1) A sign of life that the claims processing has begun -- an announcement to that effect and/or actually paying people back

..."

So things are moving forwards now after the hiatus. Most people involved are in agreement on what needs to be done.

So? Can we have an update on what happened? Tihan said he wanted there to be an announcement or to see people start getting paid back. I'm seeing neither.

It's unbelievable how little we hear from you guys. Communication is mandatory! And for the 1000th time:
How are open positions going to get settled?
We can't even hedge our own freaking positions due to a lack of communication from you guys.

I'm glad we still have Zhoutong giving us information. He's handling this a whole lot better than you guys. Too bad he's no longer in charge, or this mess would have been solved already.

ninjarobot

Activity: 761

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
June 09, 2012, 12:47:44 PM

If direct refunds are still not an option, can you guys at least send the customer deposits into escrow until this mess is sorted out?
zhoutong
VIP

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2012, 01:02:25 PM

Zhou, I believe I have posted sufficient information publicly in this thread about who I am to allow you to confirm my claim.
Do you dispute any of the facts I have posted?  Are the facts I have posted in any way insufficient to allow immediate processing of my claim.

If yes, what ones?
If not, then send the refund as per the information contained in my claim and the confirmation I have posted publicly in this forum, or explain why you are refusing to do so.  

Please be sure to consider your reply carefully.  Your response or lack thereof to this posting and all of your previous communication regarding this matter is being used as supporting evidence in a criminal complaint I am filing against you as an individual.

I am required at this point to state that "Any refund you provide will not prevent a criminal investigation from going forward, but may reflect favorably upon you.  Your co-operation is appreciated."

To the others at Bitcoinica LP, you may believe that the corporate veil will protect you from civil liability.  Registration in New Zealand as a Financial Services Provider, may make enjoining a class difficult.  I do not dispute either of these facts at this time.  However none of this protects you when you act in a criminal matter, act in bad faith or with malfeasance.  

In line with my previous post on the topic; At this point I am putting you on notice that I am actively filing complaints and will continue to pursue criminal charges against your entire organization.   The charges I am alleging are theft, wire fraud, identity fraud, investment fraud, misrepresentation of material facts, failure to return deposited or entrusted funds and racketeering.

My next post will be to inform the rest of the forum how they can begin the process of filing criminal complaints against Bitcoinica as well.

I have no authority or ability to handle the refund for you. I was no longer the operator of Bitcoinica since April and I no longer own any financial interest of Bitcoinica since November last year. (I assume all operational responsibility until the take-over has happened. But after that, everyone knows that I'm not the sole operator of Bitcoinica.)

Also, keep in mind that Bitcoinica has always been held under a limited entity. It was held by xWaylab Inc., and then Bitcoinica LP (with a limited company as general partner). If your loss happened before January 2012, the responsible party would be xWaylab Inc., after that it would be Bitcoinica LP.

If you have submitted valid claims on Bitcoinica website, you should expect your refunds directly from Bitcoinica.

zhoutong
VIP

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2012, 01:05:17 PM

If direct refunds are still not an option, can you guys at least send the customer deposits into escrow until this mess is sorted out?

If you trust me personally, I can confirm that at the time of this post, at least 75% of total claimed value (even including the identified fake ones) is present in Bitcoinica's accounts.

The team has considered to use a legal settlor to resolve this issue, but some of us believe that the cost is too high for everyone and the settlor may not have the insight to identify fake claims accurately.

proudhon
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2012, 01:06:18 PM

If you have submitted valid claims on Bitcoinica website, you should expect your refunds directly from Bitcoinica.

That's the thing, Zhou, we don't expect refunds from Bitcoinica anymore.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
bulanula

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 09, 2012, 01:12:01 PM

That's the thing, Zhou, we don't expect refunds from Bitcoinica anymore.

And what makes you think THAT Huh

Don't lose faith !

The mugu is not supposed to lose faith. He still waits for this millions ... Cheesy
proudhon
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2012, 01:12:36 PM

If you trust me personally, I can confirm that at the time of this post, at least 75% of total claimed value (even including the identified fake ones) is present in Bitcoinica's accounts.

The team has considered to use a legal settlor to resolve this issue, but some of us believe that the cost is too high for everyone and the settlor may not have the insight to identify fake claims accurately.

I guess what's unclear to me is why clearly not fake claims aren't being processed.  I filed a claim, then I sent an email with transaction dates and transaction IDs for the bitcoins I deposited into Bitcoinica from MtGox.  Additionally, those transaction happened several months ago and the bitcoins I had in bitcoinica were not in any positions.  I believe I was also verified on bitcoinica.  I can't imagine it being difficult to verify those details.  Not only that, I even fudged a bit on my claim in bitcoinica's favor.

I'm sure there are others with even more detailed information, and I simply don't understand why those claims haven't been acted upon, even if it's only to return %75 of the verified claim.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 82 »
  Print  

Jump to: