Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 12:37:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER C1 Discussion and Support Thread  (Read 128903 times)
dunand

Activity: 637
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 05:17:10 AM

i just got my c1 today with included water cooling, i used some blood red chillblast with A little water as the large bottle was not enough. what i am concerned with is it keeps turning off as to high temperatures 80 degrees + when it says it should only be hitting like 50. when i touch the radiator, psu, and c1 exteriors they are definitely not warm to the touch in any way. ANy help would be appreciated!

Take a picture of your installation and post it here. We will investigate.

Are you sure that your pump is running? What do you see in http://192.168.1.99/cgi-bin/minerStatus.cgi before the miner shutdown?
IITravel01

Activity: 338
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 06:28:25 AM

I want to know if anyone installed multiple C1 in series. For example, if you have 2 C1:

pump#1 > miner#1 > radiator#1 > pump#2 > miner#2 > radiator#2 > pump#1 > ...

I'm looking for redundancy if 1 pump die the miner can still run. Also, I'm looking to use a larger radiator for multiple miners and I want to know if it's a good idea to run them in series. In the end, I want to do something like this:
pump#1 > miner#1 > pump#2 > miner#2 > badAssRadiator > pump#1 > ...

I know miner#2 will run hotter than miner#1 but in average they should run at the same temperature than having them run side by side with a splitter.

Did you look through this thread?  I remember seeing pics of a setup with I believe 8 C1's, think it was in this thread.
dunand

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 07:08:33 AM

Did you look through this thread?  I remember seeing pics of a setup with I believe 8 C1's, think it was in this thread.

I would like to see that. I Did not remember seeing this. But I'm only active in this thread since December.
Tukiisan

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 11:19:31 AM

I'm new to mining here.. but recently pick up 25 UNIT of AntMiner C1.. I was having major temperature issue due to where i live so i have modified a different way of keeping the system cool without the x3 fan and radiator by using a cooling freeze method.. had to rip up a old fridge and did a little DYI cooling tank..

I tested on 5 AntMiner C1 at the moment..

http://postimg.org/image/k0igp7pkf/

Currently keeping it at 30-35 temperature as you see the image below...

http://postimg.org/image/pnylrndlt/

I can go lower than that.. but i'm not sure if it will be too cold for the AntMiner C1.. and i have little understanding of how this BitCoin Mining works.. I tried asked a good friend of mine but i guess he became selfish. I read some where the lower the temperature i can get the better the mining? In speed or more bitcoins? which i'm still lost what i should see to know i'm doing better.

If anyone could share a link to better understanding how this bitcoin thing run i might be able to improve a better system.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2015, 11:32:47 AM

Has anyone run two C1's on a single syscool cooling setup? One pump One Radiator?

I've seen others run one pump 2 radiators, so potentially you could. I wouldn't recommend it though.

I want to know if anyone installed multiple C1 in series. For example, if you have 2 C1:

I'm looking for redundancy if 1 pump die the miner can still run. Also, I'm looking to use a larger radiator for multiple miners and I want to know if it's a good idea to run them in series. In the end, I want to do something like this:

I know miner#2 will run hotter than miner#1 but in average they should run at the same temperature than having them run side by side with a splitter.

Its not a good idea to run two pumps in series, especially when one has failed. There is a larger syscooling kit designed for 4x C1s, designated as C2.

dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2015, 11:35:59 AM

i just got my c1 today with included water cooling, i used some blood red chillblast with A little water as the large bottle was not enough. what i am concerned with is it keeps turning off as to high temperatures 80 degrees + when it says it should only be hitting like 50. when i touch the radiator, psu, and c1 exteriors they are definitely not warm to the touch in any way. ANy help would be appreciated!

Total loop should have taken up about 700-800ml. Those temperatures aren't right at all, sounds like your pump isn't running. How and where is it plugged into?

dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2015, 11:45:34 AM

I'm new to mining here.. but recently pick up 25 UNIT of AntMiner C1.. I was having major temperature issue due to where i live so i have modified a different way of keeping the system cool without the x3 fan and radiator by using a cooling freeze method.. had to rip up a old fridge and did a little DYI cooling tank..

I tested on 5 AntMiner C1 at the moment..

http://postimg.org/image/k0igp7pkf/

Currently keeping it at 30-35 temperature as you see the image below...

http://postimg.org/image/pnylrndlt/

I can go lower than that.. but i'm not sure if it will be too cold for the AntMiner C1.. and i have little understanding of how this BitCoin Mining works.. I tried asked a good friend of mine but i guess he became selfish. I read some where the lower the temperature i can get the better the mining? In speed or more bitcoins? which i'm still lost what i should see to know i'm doing better.

If anyone could share a link to better understanding how this bitcoin thing run i might be able to improve a better system.

There is no particular advantage to going cooler than that, or even 40-45C. Chips might run slightly more efficient (you can test that yourself with a killawat) but then it depends how much additional power you're spending on the cooling side. Hash rate is unlikely to change noticeably.

dunand

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 12:27:57 PM

had to rip up a old fridge and did a little DYI cooling tank..

I'm curious to see for how long the fridge compressor can survive. How much electricity is the fridge consuming?
mavericklm

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 01:07:15 PM

@Tukiisan:

Use the normal radiator and only after that cool the liquid for c1's! this way you don't dump all heat on the refrigeration unit.
Put isolation on that ''heat excanger'' also a top!
Put a fan on that fridge compressor! this are not made for non-stop operation
Look for a beer chiller Grin
Check temperatures, humidity and be aware of dew point!

If you want more info i'm the man to ask for Smiley
gl hf!
Tukiisan

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 01:26:54 PM

had to rip up a old fridge and did a little DYI cooling tank..

I'm curious to see for how long the fridge compressor can survive. How much electricity is the fridge consuming?

It's a mini fridge but me and my friend who is a aircond technician has worked something else out... using the aircond compressor..
Tukiisan

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 01:33:56 PM

@Tukiisan:

Use the normal radiator and only after that cool the liquid for c1's! this way you don't dump all heat on the refrigeration unit.
Put isolation on that ''heat excanger'' also a top!
Put a fan on that fridge compressor! this are not made for non-stop operation
Look for a beer chiller Grin
Check temperatures, humidity and be aware of dew point!

If you want more info i'm the man to ask for Smiley
gl hf!

Read your post and figured a alternative solution by using the aircond compressor since it already comes with the huge cooling fan.. Since me and my friend are into this new Bitcoin mining and he as a electrical technician helped modify the aircond compressor. We also have a lot of old compressor to spare.. As for outsiders i think you can pick up a 1 HP or 2 HP old compressors at around 50-100USD or maybe free.. just need to topup the aircond gas... From where i'm from a aircond 24 hours a day probably cost me 20USD.. So the single compressor is enough to cool the water for 25 AntMiner Machine...

We are heading to customize a aquarium tomorrow so that it will accommodate 20 C1 AntMiner is a single rack... Once don't i grab a picture..

Why i'm doing this because where i come from all year out is summer... So the machine get really heated up.. so had to find a alternative method.. besides the electricity bills here are way cheaper...

About the "DEW point" at what temperature will create those ? That is why i'm not so sure so i keep it 30-35
mavericklm

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 01:56:29 PM

Are u from Iran? or around that earth parallel? Cheesy

Dew point is a combination between temperature, humidity and air pressure! if you get under dew point with your aircon, you will make water droplets inside your c1! water and electronics don't mix!

Depending on your air humidity you can look intro a swamp cooler like the farms located in China use.

How much do you pay for electricity?

You should make a thread for your cooling!
shackleford

Activity: 281
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 12:39:01 AM

Thanks notlist3d and dogie,

I will wait for new firmware that Bitmain will have to post due to some broken miners that may have gotten shipped.
Also, because I have no energy and time left budgeted for this miner over this weekend.

My only frustration is is that despite known problems in shipped miners, Bitmain has not reacted promptly to provide easy solutions to problems like firmware.

My C1 is operational for now though I have to run it at lower speed and manage it with stupid alternatives  e.g. saving miner configuration still does not make all pools operational, (it is random but limited to first pool dead in most cases).
I have to run cgminer from command shell using ssh to make it work.

Thanks for your advise Tupsu, will keep that in mind and that precious link.

regards

The problem you described appears to be a bad SD card which isn't going to be fixed with new firmware.

I just read this entire thread.  I have a solo setup and previously had an S1 on it with no issues and I cannot get the C1 to work. It works with other pools no problem but no matter what I have tried it always comes up "dead" on the C1 . The S1 for the URL I just had x.x.x.x:port and then it would add the http:// on front and work fine (mostly/bit flaky still).. the C1 adds the "stratum+tcp://"  and even when I set it to http://*.*.*.*:port it still shows up as dead.  Is there something different that needs to be done in the C1s?

This quoted post is the only thing I found semi similar but even in different pool slots other than #1 it still is always dead.  Everything else is taken care of ie node is fine and other miners including S1 connect fine and ip is in the rpcallow in the conf. Any ideas..  it is 11/26 firmware

My own server has worked exactly 1 time in the last few days of messing with it.. then I changed another unrelated setting and reapplied and poof... hasn't worked again since. S1's work absolutely no problem.  I even switch IPs between S1/C1 no matter what the C1 just shows up dead pool for no reason I can see. Pretty sure whatever the problem is it is the C1... This is absolutely pissing me off.

It appears as it is C1 does not work with the standard BTC node solo mining. I tried CG 4.61 by itself and it asks for “--btc-address” and would not connect to a server until supplied. I think this is the reason it is not functional.  I must have been seeing things when I thought it worked once.

This is the last response from bitmain after multiple low comprehension emails.
"Sorry to hear that.
there may be some incompatibles with solo mining for C1."

They keep telling me to use their pool and even told me I could user their "solo" setup which sounds like a complete joke...

"suggest you consider to mine with antpool directly. We're using solo mining and will distribute the payment once blocks are found.
stratum.antpool.com:3333, or solo.antpool.com:3333, solo.antpool.com:25 "

Is there a way to supply arguments to firmware containing CG to actually fix my issue? I really expect to be able to connect to the standard client as a server.. seems pretty fundamental for btc mining equipment to be able to do.

I understand everyone is very eager to say how stupid solo is.. I don't care, I am mostly using it to be involved / gambling and for heat...
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 01:02:39 AM

I understand everyone is very eager to say how stupid solo is.. I don't care, I am mostly using it to be involved / gambling and for heat...

One workaround in the meantime is to use a solo 'pool' like ckolivas's.

syscooling

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 02:52:08 AM

Interesting.  36.9°F outside.  Inside is 63.9°.  Maybe it's my connection or maybe it's the pool but my hashrate goes though a long slow rise then fall and so on.  The temperature of the water out port of the water block is cool to the touch while the air pushed thru the C1 is quite warm on exit, warmer than the exiting water.  I just unplugged the single fan so the two closest radiator fans to the ports run.  I wonder if letting the C1 mounted fan run at 12v continually would be a good idea.  Since disconnecting the single radiator fan the C1 mounted fan has started changing speed fairly often.  The hashrate has come up but that might just be the observed cycle.

Odd.  GUI Fan2 speed indication never changes from 1200 although I hear it increasing and decreasing.

If its annoying you can try plugging the fan into the other header that it can reach. You'll have to take the case off unfortunately (and all the PCI-E's) to get to it though.

You sure you pump seems to be running okay? I can't think of a reason why the fluid exhaust would be cooler than the air exhaust.
I think problem might be there is gap between waterblock and hash board.You could have a try to open C1 and make sure whether every screw on board is tight.

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
grn

Activity: 357
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 02:56:54 AM

SYSCOOLING

What is status of order 2014123011433?

How is that Lexical analysis working out bickneleski?
IITravel01

Activity: 338
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 02:58:06 AM

Interesting.  36.9°F outside.  Inside is 63.9°.  Maybe it's my connection or maybe it's the pool but my hashrate goes though a long slow rise then fall and so on.  The temperature of the water out port of the water block is cool to the touch while the air pushed thru the C1 is quite warm on exit, warmer than the exiting water.  I just unplugged the single fan so the two closest radiator fans to the ports run.  I wonder if letting the C1 mounted fan run at 12v continually would be a good idea.  Since disconnecting the single radiator fan the C1 mounted fan has started changing speed fairly often.  The hashrate has come up but that might just be the observed cycle.

Odd.  GUI Fan2 speed indication never changes from 1200 although I hear it increasing and decreasing.

If its annoying you can try plugging the fan into the other header that it can reach. You'll have to take the case off unfortunately (and all the PCI-E's) to get to it though.

You sure you pump seems to be running okay? I can't think of a reason why the fluid exhaust would be cooler than the air exhaust.
I think problem might be there is gap between waterblock and hash board.You could have a try to open C1 and make sure whether every screw on board is tight.

Also, is it just on or is it connected to a pool and hashing?  If it's on but not hashing then it's not going to get hot.
syscooling

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 03:04:58 AM

SYSCOOLING

What is status of order 2014123011433?

It was shipped on 30,December,by DHL.Do you have the tracking NO?

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
syscooling

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 03:13:54 AM

I have multiple miners running.You couldn't only consider about temp.What I want to say about is water pressure.Connecting all miners and cooling system in series has more water pressure than in parallel with splitters in end where you filling with coolant.You will find it's hard to exhaust air.When you have a try you will understand what I said.

soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 03:24:33 AM

Thanks notlist3d and dogie,

I will wait for new firmware that Bitmain will have to post due to some broken miners that may have gotten shipped.
Also, because I have no energy and time left budgeted for this miner over this weekend.

My only frustration is is that despite known problems in shipped miners, Bitmain has not reacted promptly to provide easy solutions to problems like firmware.

My C1 is operational for now though I have to run it at lower speed and manage it with stupid alternatives  e.g. saving miner configuration still does not make all pools operational, (it is random but limited to first pool dead in most cases).
I have to run cgminer from command shell using ssh to make it work.

Thanks for your advise Tupsu, will keep that in mind and that precious link.

regards

The problem you described appears to be a bad SD card which isn't going to be fixed with new firmware.

I just read this entire thread.  I have a solo setup and previously had an S1 on it with no issues and I cannot get the C1 to work. It works with other pools no problem but no matter what I have tried it always comes up "dead" on the C1 . The S1 for the URL I just had x.x.x.x:port and then it would add the http:// on front and work fine (mostly/bit flaky still).. the C1 adds the "stratum+tcp://"  and even when I set it to http://*.*.*.*:port it still shows up as dead.  Is there something different that needs to be done in the C1s?

This quoted post is the only thing I found semi similar but even in different pool slots other than #1 it still is always dead.  Everything else is taken care of ie node is fine and other miners including S1 connect fine and ip is in the rpcallow in the conf. Any ideas..  it is 11/26 firmware

My own server has worked exactly 1 time in the last few days of messing with it.. then I changed another unrelated setting and reapplied and poof... hasn't worked again since. S1's work absolutely no problem.  I even switch IPs between S1/C1 no matter what the C1 just shows up dead pool for no reason I can see. Pretty sure whatever the problem is it is the C1... This is absolutely pissing me off.

It appears as it is C1 does not work with the standard BTC node solo mining. I tried CG 4.61 by itself and it asks for “--btc-address” and would not connect to a server until supplied. I think this is the reason it is not functional.  I must have been seeing things when I thought it worked once.

This is the last response from bitmain after multiple low comprehension emails.
"Sorry to hear that.
there may be some incompatibles with solo mining for C1."

They keep telling me to use their pool and even told me I could user their "solo" setup which sounds like a complete joke...

"suggest you consider to mine with antpool directly. We're using solo mining and will distribute the payment once blocks are found.
stratum.antpool.com:3333, or solo.antpool.com:3333, solo.antpool.com:25 "

Is there a way to supply arguments to firmware containing CG to actually fix my issue? I really expect to be able to connect to the standard client as a server.. seems pretty fundamental for btc mining equipment to be able to do.

I never tried solo mining but about finding blocks: had a zTex, then USB Block Erupters, then a Blade, then my Jalapeno finally arrived, then I bought a Mercury.  When I got the Mercury hashing it found a Block very quickly.  That has been my only block in couple of years of mining.  That includes the S3's, the S3+'s and now my C1.  Seems to me finding a block is mysterious and rare.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 »
  Print  

Jump to: