Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 04:22:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER C1 Discussion and Support Thread  (Read 128899 times)
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 07:59:15 PM

So you are going to chalk this up to algae, when I have 5 other C1's with running with no problems at all. Then especially hearing from another person having the same problem right after my post indicates there may be some issue. And the coolant that's in there now is only 2 days old. I completely dumped all the old coolant when I switched my hose/pump. And that was only 2 days old. There is a problem with this miner. Algae is just a quick excuse to blame it on something we don't know about yet.

Huh I was explaining the symptoms, I never said it was your fault or anyone elses. Anyway, the buildup of gas you demonstrated in the video is due photosynthesis. How long ago did you purchase?

They were shipped on January 13th.

I also replaced the hoses. The only way to figure this out is a process of elimination here. I need a radiator and a miner. If Bitmain stands behind his products and warranty I'll gladly replace the radiator first and see what happens and if that that help, then there's no only one part left, the miner. Should I contact the warranty center in Colorado?

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 09:46:09 PM

So you are going to chalk this up to algae, when I have 5 other C1's with running with no problems at all. Then especially hearing from another person having the same problem right after my post indicates there may be some issue. And the coolant that's in there now is only 2 days old. I completely dumped all the old coolant when I switched my hose/pump. And that was only 2 days old. There is a problem with this miner. Algae is just a quick excuse to blame it on something we don't know about yet.

Huh I was explaining the symptoms, I never said it was your fault or anyone elses. Anyway, the buildup of gas you demonstrated in the video is due photosynthesis. How long ago did you purchase?

I also replaced the hoses. The only way to figure this out is a process of elimination here. I need a radiator and a miner. If Bitmain stands behind his products and warranty I'll gladly replace the radiator first and see what happens and if that that help, then there's no only one part left, the miner. Should I contact the warranty center in Colorado?

Did you buy the combo from Bitmain or separate cooling order from syscooling?

If it's the same as it was combo I believe Bitmain will help.   If you got the cooling system from a syscooling order then you have to go through them. (This might have changed but it was this).
opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 02:38:06 AM

If it's the same as it was combo I believe Bitmain will help.   If you got the cooling system from a syscooling order then you have to go through them. (This might have changed but it was this).

Bought everything as a kit. I called the Colorado support facility and the guy said all he can do is have me ship my entire system over to them and they will find out what is wrong with it and fix, no matter what it is. So I lose a couple weeks mining, big deal, and have to pay to ship that and my cooling system to Colorado. Hey, at least their willing to help. What's BitmainWarranty going to do? They would have probably told me to do the same thing. Only thing that bothers me is having to pay shipping for an in warranty product. I'll remember that next time when wave of new hardware comes a along. Other companies provide you shipping labels.

WHAT IS OUR RADIATOR MADE OUT OF? THE ONE THAT CAME WITH THE KIT? ALUMINUM OR COPPER?

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2015, 03:18:08 AM

If it's the same as it was combo I believe Bitmain will help.   If you got the cooling system from a syscooling order then you have to go through them. (This might have changed but it was this).

Bought everything as a kit. I called the Colorado support facility and the guy said all he can do is have me ship my entire system over to them and they will find out what is wrong with it and fix, no matter what it is. So I lose a couple weeks mining, big deal, and have to pay to ship that and my cooling system to Colorado. Hey, at least their willing to help. What's BitmainWarranty going to do? They would have probably told me to do the same thing. Only thing that bothers me is having to pay shipping for an in warranty product. I'll remember that next time when wave of new hardware comes a along. Other companies provide you shipping labels.

WHAT IS OUR RADIATOR MADE OUT OF? THE ONE THAT CAME WITH THE KIT? ALUMINUM OR COPPER?

My guess is copper.  They have always been very careful to say to use coolant not water.  That and it looks a copper "PD360" on their site we got: http://www.syscooling.com/products/Radiators/54.html .   The two aluminum radiator's they show selling are much smaller then the one with kit.

I could be wrong if they used a specialty one for miners, but I'm highly guessing its their standard.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 11:21:44 AM

[BitmainWarranty is the Denver, Colorado centre, calling in is just a quicker way to contact them]. I think it is the best solution to return it now, as whatever stuff is growing in that loop will be all up inside those blocks as well. I'm here to see if we can help people remotely without having to ship stuff across a country / continent as then everyone loses out.

They usually do provide labels but I guess its a bit of a confusing situation for them - let me know after its all completed if you're still out of pocket and I'll try and get it sorted.

My guess is copper.  They have always been very careful to say to use coolant not water.  That and it looks a copper "PD360" on their site we got: http://www.syscooling.com/products/Radiators/54.html .   The two aluminum radiator's they show selling are much smaller then the one with kit.

I could be wrong if they used a specialty one for miners, but I'm highly guessing its their standard.

Yes, you have to assume its copper or there are copper components. In several points in the listings (all changed by now) there has been a mention of copper on both the radiator and the fittings [internal coating]. You can see within the chamber of the radiator that there is definitely some form of dark orange coating, which may be brass or copper. So tldr, be safe and assume there is copper and aluminium within the same loop.

Evan

Activity: 507
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 04:12:56 AM
Last edit: January 30, 2015, 04:22:59 AM by Evan

[BitmainWarranty is the Denver, Colorado centre, calling in is just a quicker way to contact them]. I think it is the best solution to return it now, as whatever stuff is growing in that loop will be all up inside those blocks as well. I'm here to see if we can help people remotely without having to ship stuff across a country / continent as then everyone loses out.

They usually do provide labels but I guess its a bit of a confusing situation for them - let me know after its all completed if you're still out of pocket and I'll try and get it sorted.

My guess is copper.  They have always been very careful to say to use coolant not water.  That and it looks a copper "PD360" on their site we got: http://www.syscooling.com/products/Radiators/54.html .   The two aluminum radiator's they show selling are much smaller then the one with kit.

Yes, you have to assume its copper or there are copper components. In several points in the listings (all changed by now) there has been a mention of copper on both the radiator and the fittings [internal coating]. You can see within the chamber of the radiator that there is definitely some form of dark orange coating, which may be brass or copper. So tldr, be safe and assume there is copper and aluminium within the same loop.

My system temps have slowly been crreeping up too, when the unit was new the temp was all 34c +-1 C now all units are 35-38C sometimes 33-40C seems like there a BIG temp variation with liquid cooling,
Especially is they are all sharing the same Liquid loop.

And its ONLY been getting COLDER HERE (-10c to -16 the last few morning and just over 0c during the day) - My heat in the house where the miner is kept is off...

Read this too: http://www.overclockers.com/pc-water-coolant-chemistry-part-ii/

I am poor, but i do work for Coin Smiley
1PtHcavXoakgNkQfEQdvnvEksEY2NvwaLM
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2015, 05:55:50 AM

Just so we know and question can be answered completely are you able to confirm with syscooling that it is their copper version that is used for the kit? Thank you in advance.
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2015, 04:16:42 PM

Just so we know and question can be answered completely are you able to confirm with syscooling that it is their copper version that is used for the kit? Thank you in advance.

I've summoned them here via PM.

opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2015, 04:35:55 PM

My system temps have slowly been crreeping up too, when the unit was new the temp was all 34c +-1 C now all units are 35-38C sometimes 33-40C seems like there a BIG temp variation with liquid cooling,
Especially is they are all sharing the same Liquid loop.

And its ONLY been getting COLDER HERE (-10c to -16 the last few morning and just over 0c during the day) - My heat in the house where the miner is kept is off...

Read this too: http://www.overclockers.com/pc-water-coolant-chemistry-part-ii/

Try to blow out any dust that's caught in your radiator. Power off your miner, and take a strong blow through the radiator, I did mine both ways and temps went back down to normal. Since it is winter here, all the dust in the house gets into those radiators pretty easily. Same the the miner. I have a large 5HP shop vac that has the air blow output connection. So I use that instead of wasting money on canned air.

I read that article also. My next coolant I'm buying will be one that works with all metals and is all premixed, since apparently no one can even confirm what the radiator is. I thought Dogie, the paid rep here would know, but he just speculated.

And over a dozen liquid cooling websites I've been on, they all say distilled water with silver shards in the tubes have always been a fantastic coolant method. I said that before but Dogie said distilled water isn't really a good idea, but his recommendation in the first post was a bottle of ironside coolant which is distilled water. I can never believe or trust a paid rep. Of course they're biased.

dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2015, 12:53:39 AM

I read that article also. My next coolant I'm buying will be one that works with all metals and is all premixed, since apparently no one can even confirm what the radiator is. I thought Dogie, the paid rep here would know, but he just speculated.

I am not a representative of syscooling. I gave you my opinion, as the official listings have mentioned both options previously. This is not speculation, I've also asked the rep to come here and answer.

And over a dozen liquid cooling websites I've been on, they all say distilled water with silver shards in the tubes have always been a fantastic coolant method. I said that before but Dogie said distilled water isn't really a good idea, but his recommendation in the first post was a bottle of ironside coolant which is distilled water. I can never believe or trust a paid rep. Of course they're biased.

The tin foil is strong in this one. For what reason would I be recommending you something I thought was bad? What on earth could I be biased towards with a coolant recommendation??

ilostmyface

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 04:49:55 AM

I use Feser One Pure cooling liquid. Protects COPPER, ALUMINIUM, BRASS and NICKEL systems. Check it out.
rpandassociates

Activity: 174

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 06:18:09 PM

I am currently using primochill but just saw the specs on the feser one and have to say they were pretty impressive, i ordered some for when i change out the fluid here at the end of the year.
opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2015, 05:33:38 AM

I'm going for all the original. Distilled water and silver. What the hell do you think all the other stuff is? Some kind of liquid from another planet. It's all distilled water with additives in it. That's all it is. I changed my one rig already to distilled water and pure silver and for the first time there wasn't any pressure/gas in the loop. I read all the PC liquid cooling forums and all the experts rely on distilled water and silver or distilled water and what additives they thought were best. I will admit when I'm wrong, so if you see me back here in a few days with issues again I'll be sure to let you know. Have to try it to know it.

Just this very morning TWO of my father's C1's were leaking and doing the same exact thing that happened to mine. Soon as he opened up the fill hole, shit spewing up all over the place. And he always kept the fill hole closed %100 of the time. The only thing that's common here is that Ironside coolant that was recommended by Dogie in the first post. That crap sucks. We should have had 6 months at least with good coolant according  to Ironside. Apparently their biocide doesn't work and their product is crap.

And the saga continues....

ncsupanda
Legendary

Activity: 1628
Merit: 1012

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 05:37:07 AM

I'm going for all the original. Distilled water and silver. What the hell do you think all the other stuff is? Some kind of liquid from another planet. It's all distilled water with additives in it. That's all it is. I changed my one rig already to distilled water and pure silver and for the first time there wasn't any pressure/gas in the loop. I read all the PC liquid cooling forums and all the experts rely on distilled water and silver or distilled water and what additives they thought were best. I will admit when I'm wrong, so if you see me back here in a few days with issues again I'll be sure to let you know. Have to try it to know it.

Just this very morning TWO of my father's C1's were leaking and doing the same exact thing that happened to mine. Soon as he opened up the fill hole, shit spewing up all over the place. And he always kept the fill hole closed %100 of the time. The only thing that's common here is that Ironside coolant that was recommended by Dogie in the first post. That crap sucks. We should have had 6 months at least with good coolant according  to Ironside. Apparently their biocide doesn't work and their product is crap.

100% this.

Always use distilled water (really cheap to buy a gallon at a local grocery store) and I highly recommend a silver kill strip:

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/11441/ex-tub-705/IandH_Silver_KillCoils_-_Antimicrobial_999_Fine_Silver_Tubing_Reservoir_Strip.html

I use that exact product in my water cooling loop in my desktop that has been running strong for almost a year now without getting any buildup/problems. Sorry to hear about the C1 problems, but you're right - distilled and silver.
opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2015, 05:51:34 AM

100% this.

Always use distilled water (really cheap to buy a gallon at a local grocery store) and I highly recommend a silver kill strip:

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/11441/ex-tub-705/IandH_Silver_KillCoils_-_Antimicrobial_999_Fine_Silver_Tubing_Reservoir_Strip.html

I use that exact product in my water cooling loop in my desktop that has been running strong for almost a year now without getting any buildup/problems. Sorry to hear about the C1 problems, but you're right - distilled and silver.

That is exactly what I used. I was green to the liquid cooling world and all those expensive liquids are a big scam. Just like the same way I'm using a $10 HDMI cable with my TV right now and a sales guy wanted to sell me one that cost $89.99.

mavericklm

Activity: 742

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 10:17:02 PM

Syscooling, at what pressure did you test the waterblocks for c1? psi, bar, kPa?

Need to know for my c1 & water boiler project!
Evan

Activity: 507

View Profile
February 01, 2015, 11:32:00 PM

I am not a representative of syscooling. I gave you my opinion, as the official listings have mentioned both options previously. This is not speculation, I've also asked the rep to come here and answer.

The tin foil is strong in this one. For what reason would I be recommending you something I thought was bad? What on earth could I be biased towards with a coolant recommendation??

Silver is one of the oldest known Anti-microbiological agents.

I am poor, but i do work for Coin Smiley
1PtHcavXoakgNkQfEQdvnvEksEY2NvwaLM
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 02:14:10 AM
Last edit: February 02, 2015, 03:16:15 AM by notlist3d

Any luck finding out what the radiator is made out of?
dunand

Activity: 637
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 03:18:53 AM

Silver is one of the oldest known Anti-microbiological agents.

I have a silver coil to control algae but what about corossion if we have mixed metals
rpandassociates

Activity: 174

View Profile
February 02, 2015, 06:05:31 AM

Well the primo chill is deionized water with anti algae and corrosion additives. I have not tried the ironside.
there is a difference between distilled water and deionized water.

The primary concern here is electrical conductivity should it leak. Distilled water is conductive. Which is why i chose deionized and primochill offers a nice lineup even just plain deionized water for mixing your own concoctions.

Something i run accross recently peaked my interest as in another overclocking thread i was discussion oil immersion possibilities, i caught whiff of this tidbit a cpl days back http://www.coindesk.com/bitfury-acquires-immersion-cooling-allied-control/ a more complete reading on the topic http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/archives/2015/01/22/bitcoin-gets-liquid-bitfury-buys-immersion-cooling-specialist/ which is using a 3M novec fluid low boiling boint as they are using vapor cooling. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6ErbZtpL88

No good in a closed loop Smiley as you need a higher boiling point but just a demonstration of modern immersion cooling. And if it was not so damn expensive i would love nothing more than to chuck all my miners in a Novec fluid tub. they work as awesome space heaters for the winter but summer is coming soon.

Theres older methods involving mineral oil search mineral oil PC youtube Smiley and then theres these guys for oil immersion http://www.grcooling.com/bitcoin-mining/
Be nice to see these companyies put out a small scale item for the at home miners. Theres a millon dollar business idea folks small scale submersion cooling for the home miner Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 »
  Print  

Jump to: