Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 12:26:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 94 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER C1 Discussion and Support Thread  (Read 128903 times)
syscooling

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 03:16:55 AM

Does it matter which hoses go into the radiator, just as long as as the output of the hot water goes into the bottom of the pump? Seems the hoses are backwards here, but temps are good and it is hashing well. Take a look.

There is no problem in your connection.But personally I think it's better to let hot water go  into the top of the radiator,since the pump would be under less pressure.Parts of cooling kit improved,online video haven't change yet,we will replace with a new one as soon as possible.

Syscooling, I set it up just as it is in your video. Now you are saying there is a better way to hook everything up and you are going to create a new one now? Please get with the program and up to speed on your own products.

There is NO problem in video and your connection,Dear sir.What i suggested is just theorical and personal,you could follow my advice and see what differences between them and whether it is better.So many users have their own ideas and better ways and didn't connect as video,right?

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
ChineseSavior

Activity: 366
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 04:06:48 AM

after following my c1 all around the city i finally got it.

Hook up and hashing at 1ths smooth as butter.

whats the best site to post pictures too now? Roll Eyes
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2014, 04:24:12 AM

I like flickr because it automatically generates all different sizes of pictures, ie: https://www.flickr.com/photos/121870988@N08/15695662940/sizes/l

ChineseSavior

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 05:30:38 AM

I like flickr because it automatically generates all different sizes of pictures, ie: https://www.flickr.com/photos/121870988@N08/15695662940/sizes/l

I must say I like how the new harness just plugs into the board. I'm very interested in testing the 4 unit cooler you have highlighted earlier in the thread..

The question will be how am i going to find enough power for four units but i will figure something out. This thing ispretty cool.

And very quiet compared to s3's
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 05:51:49 AM

Today I received two batch two C1 miners with syscooling systems.  The original orders were placed on Nov 14 and 15.  Here is the good, the bad and the ugly.

Good...miners perform exactly as specified by BitMainTech...no surprise there...my first two C1's performed at spec as well.  The version 2 wiring harness from Syscooling is much improved in that it plugs into one of the extra PCI-e connectors on top of the miner.

Bad...I'm not sure if I have a bad fan or if one of the connections in the new syscooling set up is bad. In the version 2 set up I received two fans use one 3-pin connector and the third fan uses another 3-pin connector; the fan uses a 4 pin connector.  The version 2 harness connects to the miner via a PCI-e  connector and has three 3-pin connectors and one 4-pin connector. This leaves one of the 3 pin connectors on the harness "open" which may not be the best plan. In any case, one of the two fans connected to the same 3-pin connector is not spinning...again, not sure if it is the fan or the harness, but something clearly wasn't tested (again) by syscooling.

Ugly...it took numerous emails, photos and posts to get syscooling to offer to replace one of my first two pumps which is leaking/non-functional.  They said a day or two ago that they would "arrange shipping".  To date, they have not contacted me with any sort of tracking number or other confirmation that they have actually mailed a replacement pump. One 1TH/s miner has now been down for a week.  This coupled with the fact that I was also unlucky enough to receive one of the version 1 harnesses with a short which fried a fan header on one of my first C1s has left me with a very poor opinion of syscooling.com and I have to question BitMainTech's choice of partners.  

I feel your pain.   I was ignored and lied to and still have not received RMA unit's from syscooling.  

Keep in mind you can contact your credit card provider.  Funny how after I did they started communication again asking if I got RMA..... which they know from previous emails I have not.  I know for me after almost a month I reached my limit of trying to get RMA parts.    
seriouscoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 06:27:26 AM

Today I received two batch two C1 miners with syscooling systems.  The original orders were placed on Nov 14 and 15.  Here is the good, the bad and the ugly.

Good...miners perform exactly as specified by BitMainTech...no surprise there...my first two C1's performed at spec as well.  The version 2 wiring harness from Syscooling is much improved in that it plugs into one of the extra PCI-e connectors on top of the miner.

Bad...I'm not sure if I have a bad fan or if one of the connections in the new syscooling set up is bad. In the version 2 set up I received two fans use one 3-pin connector and the third fan uses another 3-pin connector; the fan uses a 4 pin connector.  The version 2 harness connects to the miner via a PCI-e  connector and has three 3-pin connectors and one 4-pin connector. This leaves one of the 3 pin connectors on the harness "open" which may not be the best plan. In any case, one of the two fans connected to the same 3-pin connector is not spinning...again, not sure if it is the fan or the harness, but something clearly wasn't tested (again) by syscooling.

Ugly...it took numerous emails, photos and posts to get syscooling to offer to replace one of my first two pumps which is leaking/non-functional.  They said a day or two ago that they would "arrange shipping".  To date, they have not contacted me with any sort of tracking number or other confirmation that they have actually mailed a replacement pump. One 1TH/s miner has now been down for a week.  This coupled with the fact that I was also unlucky enough to receive one of the version 1 harnesses with a short which fried a fan header on one of my first C1s has left me with a very poor opinion of syscooling.com and I have to question BitMainTech's choice of partners. 

They choose Dogie as their forum PR, what do you really expect?

Here is how Dogie would say to defend Bitmain: You paid fucking $50 for a whole kit. And this makes you money so what are you bunch of greedy fck?

I'm not even jking about Dogie's fcked up ethic.
ChineseSavior

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 06:50:21 AM

ive been running for idk like almost 3 hours now without issues...

when i hit the 7 day,30 day and 365 day mark out of the pump i will be impressed Smiley

What exactly is the expected life span of the pump per sys cooling
hulk

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 02:55:29 PM

when i hit the 7 day,30 day and 365 day mark out of the pump i will be impressed Smiley

Mind to share some picture on how cool it is?

dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2014, 02:24:27 AM

Pumps should follow quite a nice bathtub curve, so if you can survive the initial period should continue well.

opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2014, 03:21:18 AM

What is the max voltage you can enter without damaging the C1?

Apparently I'm not able to sustain 1TH/s as guaranteed. If something is sold on the basis of that guarantee and it doesn't meet that guarantee, what's are options?

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
ChineseSavior

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 08:36:41 AM

im too lazy to post pics atm but i will...

I'm in the middle of preparing to transfer to something with more power.

Im also ordering two more b3 c1's tonight to hookup to the 8 fan unit.

i kind of wish i didnt get the radiator because i dont know what to do with this.

If 8 fans cools 4 c1's would this 3 fan cool 2?

if i can plug 2 into this 3 fan that would be perfect
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2014, 09:12:54 AM

What is the max voltage you can enter without damaging the C1?

Apparently I'm not able to sustain 1TH/s as guaranteed. If something is sold on the basis of that guarantee and it doesn't meet that guarantee, what's are options?

Try one or two steps up from default

ChineseSavior

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 09:23:52 AM

if i run this

http://shop.syscooling.com/goods.php?id=46

it says it can sustain 4 of the c1's

can i integrate the stock 3 fan w pump into the same or separate loop totaling 6 units ran by 11 fans?

also does the 8 fan kit come with the updated harness? If so do you have to plug it into 1 or 2 c1s?
R4v37

Activity: 266

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 09:35:26 AM

Ugly...it took numerous emails, photos and posts to get syscooling to offer to replace one of my first two pumps which is leaking/non-functional.  They said a day or two ago that they would "arrange shipping".  To date, they have not contacted me with any sort of tracking number or other confirmation that they have actually mailed a replacement pump. One 1TH/s miner has now been down for a week.  This coupled with the fact that I was also unlucky enough to receive one of the version 1 harnesses with a short which fried a fan header on one of my first C1s has left me with a very poor opinion of syscooling.com and I have to question BitMainTech's choice of partners. 

You can use one pump for two  miners. My one set of C1 works from the  beginning only with one pump, two miners, two radiators. Another pump  was D.O.A.  There is no replacement sent for syscooling and I've been "too lazy" to leave them negative feedback..
I'm still waiting a bit.

mr Tupsu, may you pls post the picture of your setup? 2miners,2radiators, 1pump
what is the temperature sir?
is it going to be ok if we make it like this?
1st Miners -> Radiator -> Pump -> Miner -> Radiator -> back to 1st Miner

Tupsu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 11:11:00 AM

Ugly...it took numerous emails, photos and posts to get syscooling to offer to replace one of my first two pumps which is leaking/non-functional.  They said a day or two ago that they would "arrange shipping".  To date, they have not contacted me with any sort of tracking number or other confirmation that they have actually mailed a replacement pump. One 1TH/s miner has now been down for a week.  This coupled with the fact that I was also unlucky enough to receive one of the version 1 harnesses with a short which fried a fan header on one of my first C1s has left me with a very poor opinion of syscooling.com and I have to question BitMainTech's choice of partners.  

You can use one pump for two  miners. My one set of C1 works from the  beginning only with one pump, two miners, two radiators. Another pump  was D.O.A.  There is no replacement sent for syscooling and I've been "too lazy" to leave them negative feedback..
I'm still waiting a bit.

mr Tupsu, may you pls post the picture of your setup? 2miners,2radiators, 1pump
what is the temperature sir?
is it going to be ok if we make it like this?
1st Miners -> Radiator -> Pump -> Miner -> Radiator -> back to 1st Miner

The ambient room temperature is there 20 degrees Celsius . Miners temperatur max 45

http://www.perearstike.ee/avatar/IMG_0079.JPG
lovenlifelarge

Activity: 676
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 05:31:16 PM

My 2 cents...

Running 1 x B3-S3 at stock 440gh

2 x B10-S3 at 500gh

1 x B2-C1 at 1000gh - see pick above if u have x's in ur asics change the voltage to 0735 from 0725 (Came with new style cooling kit)

All things concerned beyond this point, If someone see's something wrong with what i'm doing please speak up as i have learnt a lot from mining from cpu to gpu to asic but there are some things that i might not have my head around so please take heed that im no pro...

All due care taken, No responsibility accepted

& i do have some questions to ask after & a pros & cons of what i think normal people should do...

Ok i run both my o/c B10-S3's at 500gh on 1200w solarstone power supplies (Overkill i know but its not easy to find power supplies with 4 or more pcie plugs) They run smooth as... No problems.

My B3-S3 & my B2-C1's run off 2 x corsair 1000rm's - These have 6 pcie connectors & are cheaper than the solarstones. I feed 4 x 6 pin pcie connectors to the first 2 blades & then i connect 4 x 6 pin pcie connectors from the other corsair 1000rm - The remaining spare 2 pcie sockets from each power supply go to a blade each on my B3-S3 - I make sure i turn on both power supplies at the same time to sync the blades - If u get any xxxx's on anything in this config i just restart the miners from within the software & this usually fixes the problem - So far no problems all running smooth.

Ok Pro's & Con's

Pro's take up smaller footprint than 2 units although the housing is slightly bigger.

Con's U need more area for the water cooling radiator.

No coolant came with system - brought from petrol station. $10 for 1lt used 750ml

Questions i have : Do i need to use 8 pcie connectors to run the C1? Or can i run it just with 4 meaning i can turn off one power supply?

What i would have done differently is just brought 3 x S3's and 2 corsair 1000rm's giving me 12 pcie connections & run those without any worry about cooling systems from failing, I can live with the noise, I just dont wanna stuff my miner cause of a pump failure (let alone downtime caused by failure)

Next move if nothing better on the market before hand is AntMiner S4 2TH/s @ 1400w which is almost the speed i'm doing now using only half the power consumption.

Overall my results have been great compared to everyone else here (I get a rough 2.5th out of the rig), I think in 25 pages only 5 people have posted with 1000gh on a C1... Not real good if u ask me.

The water cooling element to this is so they can sell 4 blades in a small container needing to ship one item instead of 2.. Its called cost cutting...

The only difference between the S3 & the C1 is the water block & pump. Power used is the same, noise is about the same, U need the same amount of pcie connections (And lets not forget there are only 2 people on the market who sell power supplies with 8 pcie connectors meaning u'll prob need 2 power supplies to run a C1) & last but not least the radiator fucks up the extra space u save.

My Suggestion - 3 x S3's and 2 corsair 1000rm's before u make the jump to the next category of miner. No Mess, No fuss.....

Side note - I usually buy my systems & chop & change thru my gear, I have never paid a cent for any of my gear, Its always been paid for with the coins i earnt & only since the beginning of this year it looked like the price had dropped on bitcoin so low that its almost not worth doing anymore, I made $300 profit after electricity on the last 3 months, Without switching off my S1's & changing to a C1 i would lose money on this quarter.

My house is so much cooler & quieter since i turned off my 2 x S1's

Oh btw FUCK BFL!!! RIPOFF CUNTS!!!! I would have brought an S4 by now....

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄███▀▀▀      ▀▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀                ▀▀██▄
▄██▀                      ▀██▄
██▀                          ▀██
██▀                            ▀██
██▀    ███████        ███████    ▀██
▄██   ██████████████  ██████████   ██▄
██     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄███████▄▄     ██
██     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███████▀▀▀     ██
██         ███████  ███████         ██
██         ▀██████████████▀         ██
▀██         ▀████████████▀         ██▀
██▄         ████████████         ▄██
██▄         ██████████         ▄██
██▄                          ▄██
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀██▄▄                ▄▄██▀
▀▀███▄▄▄      ▄▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
    ███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
    ████████████████████▄
██                ████▄
██                ██████▄
██                ████████▄
██                ██████████▄
██                ████████████
██                ██        ██
██████████████████████████████
██                          ██
lovenlifelarge

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 05:37:09 PM

BTW if u change the ip address in anyway & the webgui wont show up use :

http://192.168.1.*/cgi-bin/minerConfiguration.cgi

Change the star (*) for the number of ur miners address

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄███▀▀▀      ▀▀▀███▄▄
▀▀███▄▄▄      ▄▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
    ███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
    ████████████████████▄
██                ████▄
pak13

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 05:39:24 PM

imgur.com (less advertising and far faster than Flickr)
lovenlifelarge

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 06:01:38 PM

http://tinypic.com/

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄███▀▀▀      ▀▀▀███▄▄
▀▀███▄▄▄      ▄▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
    ███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
    ████████████████████▄
██                ████▄
Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 06:42:54 PM

I ordered this on Sunday and it was delivered to my office on Wednesday at 10 am. (Phoenix).
Never messed with water cooling before but it was up and running within 90 minutes.
I guess I got lucky.

Question - Has anyone tried over-clocking this or is there a thread for that?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 94 »
  Print  

Jump to: