Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:32:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 94 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER C1 Discussion and Support Thread  (Read 128918 times)
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2014, 10:07:41 AM

Hi,
 I have not had any luck getting my new C1 running.  I have worked with liquid cooling before that is all well and good. 
First I am running a 1200W Termaltake   PS with 8 PCI plugs, so I have power.

The instructions for the cooling says to plug it in inside the box, I open the box and well there are no pci plugs in there.
So on here somewhere I read to use a plug on the C1 and only 4 power cables,  So I put only 4 plugs and try to start the miner.  I plug the cooling system into one of the available ports on the C1

I have a s3 so I know that the red light comes on when it is booting then the green light when it is hashing.\

The red light does not come on, the green light does not come on,

The green and yellow lights on the Ethernet cable are flashing that is all.

I am unable to contact it via the interface/  Since its not running that is not surprising.

Sometimes there is a blue light coming through the reset whole. sometimes just a red light from inside the case.

My watt meter says I am drawing a whole 109 watts at the wall.  The fan and the pump are running but the fan inside the C1 is not running

Suggestions

Barbara

Try powering just the C1 (don't let it mine, ie network to your laptop and not router) to see what happens. I don't like the sound of a TTake PSU.

mdude77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 10:43:14 AM

Were you guys able to get ssh access on this? i log in with root/root and get invalid password.

It's built like an S2... try root/admin.

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 04:21:04 PM

Hi,
 I have not had any luck getting my new C1 running.  I have worked with liquid cooling before that is all well and good. 
First I am running a 1200W Termaltake   PS with 8 PCI plugs, so I have power.

The instructions for the cooling says to plug it in inside the box, I open the box and well there are no pci plugs in there.
So on here somewhere I read to use a plug on the C1 and only 4 power cables,  So I put only 4 plugs and try to start the miner.  I plug the cooling system into one of the available ports on the C1

I have a s3 so I know that the red light comes on when it is booting then the green light when it is hashing.\

The red light does not come on, the green light does not come on,

The green and yellow lights on the Ethernet cable are flashing that is all.

I am unable to contact it via the interface/  Since its not running that is not surprising.

Sometimes there is a blue light coming through the reset whole. sometimes just a red light from inside the case.

My watt meter says I am drawing a whole 109 watts at the wall.  The fan and the pump are running but the fan inside the C1 is not running

Suggestions

Barbara

What is the exact PSU model? Most thermaltake units have multiple 12V rails, and if you run all ~850W load of the C1 on a rail equipped with less than 80A you will likely have problems. Try powering just 2-3 blades (one of which powers the control board) and see if that works

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
Nightshiftgirl

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 05:13:25 PM

Hi,
 I have a toughpower 1200W gold.  It has one rail.  I tried several different ways of plugging in the cables, I tried 4 different cables, and since each cable has two connecters I tried it with just two cables in four slots.  Nothing happens

I tried powering just two cards, still no joy.

With the case off, the only light on is a blue light that flashes it is very fast it might be several lights in sequence.

With the Ethernet unplugged there are no Ethernet lights, when it is plugged in either on my network or on my laptop not on the network the red and green light flash.

I tired it on a coolmaster 750 from the S3 just to see if it would work same thing, it never seems to try to boot.
On the cool master it draws 150 watts at the wall.  I reported it to Bitmain and they sent be a diagram of how to hook up the cables one on each card.  I had that part correct.

Thanks
Barbara

▬[  FXPay.IO  ]▬   
▌ A Decentralized Gateway to The World's Digital Ecosystem  ▌
▬▬  MAIN SALE STARTS 1st AUGUST▬▬ | Twitter  | Telegram  | ANN  | Medium  | LinkedIn  | Facebook| ▬▬
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 07:27:59 PM

Hi,
 I have a toughpower 1200W gold.  It has one rail.  I tried several different ways of plugging in the cables, I tried 4 different cables, and since each cable has two connecters I tried it with just two cables in four slots.  Nothing happens

I tried powering just two cards, still no joy.

With the case off, the only light on is a blue light that flashes it is very fast it might be several lights in sequence.

With the Ethernet unplugged there are no Ethernet lights, when it is plugged in either on my network or on my laptop not on the network the red and green light flash.

I tired it on a coolmaster 750 from the S3 just to see if it would work same thing, it never seems to try to boot.
On the cool master it draws 150 watts at the wall.  I reported it to Bitmain and they sent be a diagram of how to hook up the cables one on each card.  I had that part correct.

Thanks
Barbara

can you SSH?
sounds like a controller issue - heres what id try:
1) open the unit, check all cables are seated. eject and re-insert the SD card. Test.
2) unplug 3 hashing boards (from both power and the controller). Test
2b) if not, try with it powered/plugged to another singular card. Test
3) buy a new micro-sd card and format/image it with the newest firmware. Test.
get a class-10 card. usually miners are shipped with crappy class-4 or class-6 cards that can have its data corrupted or even cause the card to be un-formatable. Ive seen this in the S2 which uses the same controller. This is most common

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
Nightshiftgirl

Activity: 154

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 08:12:52 PM

Thanks,
 I am still trying.  If I leave it plugged in for over 20 min finally all of the little red lights come on the hashing boards. At that time it shows it is taking 350 watts at the wall and is giving off heat

When I try to hook to 192.168.1.99 it requests a pass word.  I have tried root/root  admin/root root/admin admin/admin and so on.  No luck,  I am going to go buy a sd card and try that I suppose I should try the new firmware  one.

It is just frustrating, I have a S3+ worked out of the box, I have a S4, would not work after some research Took out the sd card then put it back.  Runs fine

The S4 is too noisy for where I have it, so I came up with the hair brain idea to test drive a C1 if the first one passed the quiet test, I was going to buy 4 more.

Most frustration I bought 2 U3's, and well they are still in a drawer and will remain since I almost burnt the house down

Let me also say I am retired and no not expect to get my money back, the money in the bank is a loosing thing at 1% interest and 2% inflation.  This way I can accumulate BIT and hope when my grandkids are older they will have some BIT to play with.

I wish Bitmain had better quality control

Barbara

▬[  FXPay.IO  ]▬   
▌ A Decentralized Gateway to The World's Digital Ecosystem  ▌
▬▬  MAIN SALE STARTS 1st AUGUST▬▬ | Twitter  | Telegram  | ANN  | Medium  | LinkedIn  | Facebook| ▬▬
mdude77
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 08:30:21 PM

Thanks,
 I am still trying.  If I leave it plugged in for over 20 min finally all of the little red lights come on the hashing boards. At that time it shows it is taking 350 watts at the wall and is giving off heat

When I try to hook to 192.168.1.99 it requests a pass word.  I have tried root/root  admin/root root/admin admin/admin and so on.  No luck,  I am going to go buy a sd card and try that I suppose I should try the new firmware  one.

It is just frustrating, I have a S3+ worked out of the box, I have a S4, would not work after some research Took out the sd card then put it back.  Runs fine

The S4 is too noisy for where I have it, so I came up with the hair brain idea to test drive a C1 if the first one passed the quiet test, I was going to buy 4 more.

Most frustration I bought 2 U3's, and well they are still in a drawer and will remain since I almost burnt the house down

Let me also say I am retired and no not expect to get my money back, the money in the bank is a loosing thing at 1% interest and 2% inflation.  This way I can accumulate BIT and hope when my grandkids are older they will have some BIT to play with.

I wish Bitmain had better quality control

While mining is a lot easier than it was in the GPU days, it's still rough.  If you don't have parts laying around, it's hard to troubleshoot things.  If I were in your boat, I'd try another PSU on the C1 and see if it works.  If it does, then your PSU is at fault.  If not, I'd reach out to Bitmain ASAP to troubleshoot it and/or replace it.

Also, I'll echo what someone else here said, I'd avoid Thermaltake PSUs.  Next time you're looking for a PSU, get a EVGA, Corsair, or Rosewill Lightning.

Are you in the US?  If so I'll take the U3s off of your hands, just for experimental/development purposes only.  (Yes, they run hot.  Very hot.)

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
ChineseSavior

Activity: 366
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 11:05:55 PM

what size is the tubing on the c1?
tbolt

Activity: 74

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 11:39:09 PM

N8

http://www.moddiy.com/products/Syscooling-N8-Transparent-Tube-%288mm%2A11mm%29.html
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2014, 01:48:39 AM

When my voltage was on 725, watts at the wall was 745-750. I increased voltage to 760 and the watts at the wall went up to over 820. So be careful when making changes to the voltages. Unfortunately I have a bum unit where it just won't get to 1000TH/s unless it is at 760 volts, but I have a feeling if I keep it at 800 volts it's gonna burn up real quick.

My question still stands. What does this second firmware do? Changelog, anything, please?

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2014, 01:53:02 AM

Were you guys able to get ssh access on this? i log in with root/root and get invalid password.

RMA process was a breeze with the CO guys too. Got everything hooked up a few days ago and its very stable

What water pump do you have there in that picture? Is that the one from Ebay? How is the quality? I purchased one from FrozenCPU for $100, yes, $100 but the quality was excellent and turn around time would be quick. Not sure what to do. I just want to mine my 6 rigs at 1000TH/s that supposed to be guaranteed. according to the sales pitch online.

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 02:17:12 AM

RMA process was a breeze with the CO guys too. Got everything hooked up a few days ago and its very stable
(image removed to save space)

What water pump do you have there in that picture? Is that the one from Ebay? How is the quality? I purchased one from FrozenCPU for $100, yes, $100 but the quality was excellent and turn around time would be quick. Not sure what to do. I just want to mine my 6 rigs at 1000TH/s that supposed to be guaranteed. according to the sales pitch online.

I have two of the ebay pumps.  Both good quality and running great they are rated just a little faster then original pumps. Also much larger reservoir and different design.  I also purchased the 3 pin molex powered board that's powering them.    The main reason of that pump was it was shipped quickly in US and I needed a pump quickly(as both original pumps died and syscooling RMA I won't go into and waste more space).
opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2014, 08:17:02 AM
Last edit: December 07, 2014, 09:32:07 AM by opentoe

Received a DOA unit today. All it does is stay at that high pitched fan noise and doesn't connect to the network. I'd love to troubleshoot, but the lack of information is holding me back. Can I manually flash the firmware some how without accessing the unit via IP? Is there a hard reset button somewhere?

There is a serious problem here. I re-flash my rig back to defaults and now it is only hashing at 500GH/s. Also, Dogie's name was all over it. I have a feeling maybe someone knew it was bad hardware and someone didn't want it, so they shipped it out anyway.

Why can't these fucking things just work? I'm really starting to hate myself for trying to save a little money when I could of had a Spondoolie that could run an entire year without intervention. These things are like kids. They need constant attention and work just to get them running normal. Looks like I'm definitely going to RMA this paperweight back.

These were the pool settings that were in the rig before I had a chance to even flash it. So to top it off, it seems like it was a used piece of hardware also. And I could only wish to get that hash rate. Won't budge over 500.

And more bullshit. Since when did they start combining two fans into one connector??? Well, they fucked it up. Now both fans don't work. If you look closely you'll see that two fans are connected together using the same 3pin connector. Well, guess what? It doesn't work!!!! They either have a bad crimp or another crossed wire or just have no idea what their doing. That shit is going back to China and I sure as hell hope I get an UN-USED unit with proper wiring.

mdude77
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 12:11:35 PM

Received a DOA unit today. All it does is stay at that high pitched fan noise and doesn't connect to the network. I'd love to troubleshoot, but the lack of information is holding me back. Can I manually flash the firmware some how without accessing the unit via IP? Is there a hard reset button somewhere?

There is a serious problem here. I re-flash my rig back to defaults and now it is only hashing at 500GH/s. Also, Dogie's name was all over it. I have a feeling maybe someone knew it was bad hardware and someone didn't want it, so they shipped it out anyway.

Why can't these fucking things just work? I'm really starting to hate myself for trying to save a little money when I could of had a Spondoolie that could run an entire year without intervention. These things are like kids. They need constant attention and work just to get them running normal. Looks like I'm definitely going to RMA this paperweight back.

Unfortunately Bitmain's S1 days are gone.  They no longer make rock solid items.

I may get one more C1 (or C2?) one day if the price is low enough, just to have more water cooled gear for backup purposes.  Otherwise it seems Bitmain has lost their way and it's unlikely they'll be getting anymore of my business.

M

tbolt

Activity: 74

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 04:33:29 PM

There is a hard reset button next to the Ethernet port.
Be careful as the button may not line up with the small hole perfectly

Reset Procedure:
Power on the C1 and let it run for 3-4 minutes.  

Press and hold the reset button with a paperclip for 5-10 seconds.

Let it go and wait for 3 minutes.

Power it off and wait for 1 minute

Power it back on.  

It should be 192.168.1.99 and clear all the setting by then

dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2014, 05:42:27 PM

8mm ID, ~10mm OD.

dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2014, 05:50:17 PM

Received a DOA unit today.

You just posted a screenshot of it running @ 1TH, how is that DOA?

I'd love to troubleshoot, but the lack of information is holding me back. Can I manually flash the firmware some how without accessing the unit via IP? Is there a hard reset button somewhere?

There is information EVERYWHERE about that, in the #2 post, in the Bitmain guide, in my guide. You can use the reset button or reflash the SD card using the image in #2 post.

These were the pool settings that were in the rig before I had a chance to even flash it. So to top it off, it seems like it was a used piece of hardware also. And I could only wish to get that hash rate. Won't budge over 500.

That's just the defaults on the image I made in post #2 [so we know they work]. It does not mean its used, unless I have been cloned in China. tldr, its not preowned.

Since when did they start combining two fans into one connector???

That's systech and I doubt they manually require fans when they already make the harness.

pak13

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 05:55:56 PM

Unfortunately Bitmain's S1 days are gone.  They no longer make rock solid items.

I may get one more C1 (or C2?) one day if the price is low enough, just to have more water cooled gear for backup purposes.  Otherwise it seems Bitmain has lost their way and it's unlikely they'll be getting anymore of my business.

M

Agreed, bitmain have lost their way. Employing people like dogie make it worse since all they can do is tell you to RMA or wait for them to find out a solution to your problem. In the mean time you are losing each day the miner is offline. The best offering is by far the spondoolies sp20. Dogie tries to talk it down since he isn't employed by them, so just ignore his comments. But if you check out the recent threads, like philipma's, he and many others are loving them for their underclocking and therefore long life expectancy due to the low power they use when underclocked. Don't take my word or nodogie's check the threads by others.
pak13

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 05:58:47 PM

And more bullshit. Since when did they start combining two fans into one connector??? Well, they fucked it up. Now both fans don't work. If you look closely you'll see that two fans are connected together using the same 3pin connector. Well, guess what? It doesn't work!!!! They either have a bad crimp or another crossed wire or just have no idea what their doing. That shit is going back to China and I sure as hell hope I get an UN-USED unit with proper wiring.

Are the brackets for the 2nd fan in that pic broken?

Just ignore dogie's response and try to get someone from bitmain direct to answer you. ie someone who can give you a real answer. replying to dogie's responses will get you no where.
opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2014, 07:01:19 PM

There is a hard reset button next to the Ethernet port.
Be careful as the button may not line up with the small hole perfectly

Reset Procedure:
Power on the C1 and let it run for 3-4 minutes.  

Press and hold the reset button with a paperclip for 5-10 seconds.

Let it go and wait for 3 minutes.

Power it off and wait for 1 minute

Power it back on.  

It should be 192.168.1.99 and clear all the setting by then

Thanks. After spending more time with it last night it turned out to be a physically bad/defective SD card. I had to use one from my camera to get the unit to boot up properly. Since I don't have any extra fans for my radiator I really can't run the unit until I do. There are no stores around here at all that would have fans like these, and from the feedback I read on here trying to get an RMA for defective parts is almost impossible. I really wish I knew that before I bought these things.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 94 »
  Print  

Jump to: