Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 09:29:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 94 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER C1 Discussion and Support Thread  (Read 128903 times)
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2014, 07:05:33 PM

Received a DOA unit today. All it does is stay at that high pitched fan noise and doesn't connect to the network. I'd love to troubleshoot, but the lack of information is holding me back. Can I manually flash the firmware some how without accessing the unit via IP? Is there a hard reset button somewhere?

There is a serious problem here. I re-flash my rig back to defaults and now it is only hashing at 500GH/s. Also, Dogie's name was all over it. I have a feeling maybe someone knew it was bad hardware and someone didn't want it, so they shipped it out anyway.

Why can't these fucking things just work? I'm really starting to hate myself for trying to save a little money when I could of had a Spondoolie that could run an entire year without intervention. These things are like kids. They need constant attention and work just to get them running normal. Looks like I'm definitely going to RMA this paperweight back.

These were the pool settings that were in the rig before I had a chance to even flash it. So to top it off, it seems like it was a used piece of hardware also. And I could only wish to get that hash rate. Won't budge over 500.

And more bullshit. Since when did they start combining two fans into one connector??? Well, they fucked it up. Now both fans don't work. If you look closely you'll see that two fans are connected together using the same 3pin connector. Well, guess what? It doesn't work!!!! They either have a bad crimp or another crossed wire or just have no idea what their doing. That shit is going back to China and I sure as hell hope I get an UN-USED unit with proper wiring.

Are the brackets for the 2nd fan in that pic broken?

Just ignore dogie's response and try to get someone from bitmain direct to answer you. ie someone who can give you a real answer. replying to dogie's responses will get you no where.

Yes, this morning I just noticed all three brackets on one of the fans is broken. Who is receiving fans with one 3 pin connector attached to 2 fans? I agree with your statement about Dogie and all the other statements I've just read about him.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 07:07:34 PM

Received a DOA unit today. All it does is stay at that high pitched fan noise and doesn't connect to the network. I'd love to troubleshoot, but the lack of information is holding me back. Can I manually flash the firmware some how without accessing the unit via IP? Is there a hard reset button somewhere?
There is a serious problem here. I re-flash my rig back to defaults and now it is only hashing at 500GH/s.
Why can't these fucking things just work? Looks like I'm definitely going to RMA this paperweight back.
These were the pool settings that were in the rig before I had a chance to even flash it.

The unit was not DOA based on the photo you provide. It clearly operated at spec for over 3min, with the default pools being part of the installed firmware. You re-flashed it with a different firmware and now it is half-working.

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2014, 07:46:51 PM

There is a serious problem here. I re-flash my rig back to defaults and now it is only hashing at 500GH/s.
Why can't these fucking things just work? Looks like I'm definitely going to RMA this paperweight back.
These were the pool settings that were in the rig before I had a chance to even flash it.

The unit was not DOA based on the photo you provide. It clearly operated at spec for over 3min, with the default pools being part of the installed firmware. You re-flashed it with a different firmware and now it is half-working.

I couldn't run the unit for longer then a couple of minutes because 2 of my fans were not working. Picture provided above as well. Why the heck they tried to put two fans on one connector baffles my mind when their harness clearly has three fan connections. So I put a high speed table fan in front of the radiator to make sure nothing would over heat. The unit only powered and worked once. After that it just ran the high speed fan initialization process and that's it. Would not even connect to network or get an IP. To make a long story short I had to flash my own SD card for the unit to boot up properly. After several boots, I tried the original SD card (flashed) and it wouldn't work. Apparently a defective SD card. As long as the miner works I'm good with that, but not having two fans working is making things a pain in the ass. I really don't want to trust a table top fan to cool the loop. Since the fans come from syscooling, I'm dreading trying to work with them in getting replacement fans since I saw one guy on here wait for many weeks to get two pumps replaced. So in 20/20 hindsight, the unit wasn't DOA but whatever killed that original SD card is unknown to me.

I downloaded a flash image called C1 Image - DHCP.zip at https://mega.co.nz/#!tEIQkDqJ!wTLk4B_K2IiNl248puBU6JXsq5hF7nR1wzWPJqvKHT0 from the 2nd post from Dogie. If this was why his information was in the pools then I apologize for being so brazen about it, but at the time (2am in the morning) I was just tired and pissed about shit not working.

Nightshiftgirl

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 08:38:22 PM

Anyone able to tell me how to flash an image?

just copying to the card does not work
Barbara

▬[  FXPay.IO  ]▬   
▌ A Decentralized Gateway to The World's Digital Ecosystem  ▌
▬▬  MAIN SALE STARTS 1st AUGUST▬▬ | Twitter  | Telegram  | ANN  | Medium  | LinkedIn  | Facebook| ▬▬
opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2014, 09:08:49 PM

Anyone able to tell me how to flash an image?

just copying to the card does not work
Barbara

Download this program and use it to "flash" the SD card with the image file.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/

You can't just copy the contents.

opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2014, 09:55:06 PM

I want to apologize for blowing up last night and being so brazen. Getting defective parts on anything is a bad deal, but it is especially bad when it comes to mining hardware since the goal is to try and get your money back. Every minute not hashing is losing money. I've dealt with 4 companies, all of which I had to process an RMA and all of them were quite efficient and quick. Unfortunately Bitmaintech.com's support is quite slow and the only time you really hear from him on here is when there is a new product. Too bad. Anyway, let me make a pool. Anyone that can guess how long it takes Bitmaintech/Syscooling to get my two fans replaced with working ones will get $20. I have emailed Bitmaintech and Syscooling information, pictures, order numbers, everything that is needed. See ya!

Nightshiftgirl

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 10:10:09 PM

Thanks, I downloaded the program, and had it write the file to the SD card.  Now the fan just runs and the red light came on.  put the cards in the miners and now just fast fans
Does it take a long time to load

Same thing on the S4 both just running on hi fan
Barbara

▬[  FXPay.IO  ]▬   
▬▬  MAIN SALE STARTS 1st AUGUST▬▬ | Twitter  | Telegram  | ANN  | Medium  | LinkedIn  | Facebook| ▬▬
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 10:16:29 PM

Thanks, I downloaded the program, and had it write the file to the SD card.  Now the fan just runs and the red light came on.  put the cards in the miners and now just fast fans
Does it take a long time to load

Same thing on the S4 both just running on hi fan
Barbara

It should not take to long (maybe a few minutes).  Do the network lights seem to blink?  If they are blinking, and fan is running "fast" sounds like possibly mining. 

Are you using a 192.168.1.X as ips? If so the 192.168.1.99 should be the miner.   If that does not wok check on the router and look at whats connected and try IP's on it.
Nightshiftgirl

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 10:38:19 PM

The network lights are not blinking, the S4 was running fine until I tried to under volt it.

I am double posting this as I really need an answer soon S4 and C1 Support

I am trying to flash a file to a sd card

I downloaded the files tar.gz both for the S4 and the C1

I downloaded Win32Disk imager.

I put the SD cards in my computer, I can view the old files there are 7 of them.

I point Win32Disk imager to the downloaded tar.gz files.

I Point the Device to the SD card and select write.

I warns me and then writes.

I try to view the file on and it says I have to format the disk first.  {Okay I know I just viewed the previous image)

I put the card in the miner and it runs high fans for over 5 min and nothing at all happens, the fans do not slow down and the Watt meter does not register any real usage.

This should not be so difficult even for a old person like me. 

Thanks for your thoughts

Barbara

▬[  FXPay.IO  ]▬   
opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2014, 12:27:38 AM

The network lights are not blinking, the S4 was running fine until I tried to under volt it.

I am double posting this as I really need an answer soon S4 and C1 Support

I am trying to flash a file to a sd card

I downloaded the files tar.gz both for the S4 and the C1

I downloaded Win32Disk imager.

I put the SD cards in my computer, I can view the old files there are 7 of them.

I point Win32Disk imager to the downloaded tar.gz files.

I Point the Device to the SD card and select write.

I warns me and then writes.

I try to view the file on and it says I have to format the disk first.  {Okay I know I just viewed the previous image)

I put the card in the miner and it runs high fans for over 5 min and nothing at all happens, the fans do not slow down and the Watt meter does not register any real usage.

This should not be so difficult even for a old person like me. 

Thanks for your thoughts

Barbara

If you read in my previous posts one of my C1's came with a defective SD card. I flashed it several times and the miner would never boot. Soon as I used my own SS card from my girlfriends camera it worked fine. I'm not even going to try to RMA the SD card. All I want are two working fans that were botched up when I received them.

Nightshiftgirl

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 12:41:44 AM

Thanks,
 I tried that I am using a new class 10 card, still once I use win32diskimage, I am unable to read it.  The S4 and the C! both just spin the fans.  This is really frustrating and I have tried win 7 win 8.1 and the new tech preview. 

Barbara

▬[  FXPay.IO  ]▬   
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 12:48:07 AM

Thanks,
 I tried that I am using a new class 10 card, still once I use win32diskimage, I am unable to read it.  The S4 and the C! both just spin the fans.  This is really frustrating and I have tried win 7 win 8.1 and the new tech preview. 

Barbara

Win 7 or 8 varients should work with win32diskimage.   You put the card in reader connected to computer.   The important thing is the device letter is the sd card drive letter.   

1) Select SD device letter
2) Hit little folder select the image file hit ok.
3) Hit the write button (again make sure right drive letter)

After that put sd card back in miner.   Hope that helps.   
Nightshiftgirl

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 01:04:58 AM

That is what I have done over and over....  But the card becomes unreadable in windows and nothing happens when I plug it into the miner.

barbara

▬[  FXPay.IO  ]▬   
tbolt

Activity: 74

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 01:49:13 AM

You should always format the SD card first using this:

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/

Then write the image to it using Win32diskimager

syscooling

Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 02:31:24 AM

what size is the tubing on the c1?
N8 transparent tubing,8mm inner diameter.

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
Nightshiftgirl

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 03:25:11 AM

That is what I have been doing, format the card used both SDFormatter and windows disk
Write the image to the SD with Win32
then I am unable to view the files, it says I need to format the drive./

I cant seem to be able to upload images.
Barbara

▬[  FXPay.IO  ]▬   
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 04:14:26 AM
Last edit: December 08, 2014, 04:33:49 AM by notlist3d

Just to update incase anyone else cared about my RMA pains with syscooling.  After a full month they have contacted me to say the RMA pump left china.... over a month late.   It took over a month and still not even here.  

My credit card company started a dispute after 3 weeks and syscooling person ignoring communication.   I bought parts elsewhere as they stopped communication and parts never got here.   What a company to say "we couldn't do anything but to wait. " And they sent it EMS they knew it was not speedy.  But to contact me after a full month and ask me to let them know "ASAP" that things are ok....  No they are not ok.

It appears the dispute got their attention (but is far to late).   If it helps anyone it appears Shijiazhuang Dongyuan Cooling Technology Co., Ltd. is the company  behind syscooling.  And watercooling@ysun.net is email their "after- service center" uses.   
Nightshiftgirl

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 05:31:19 AM

This is very frustrating and I need help, I look online and every thing says to un-zip the files, then burn them to a SD card.  Here Dogie says to just burn SD-C1-20141126.tar.gz file with Win32 Disk.  I have tried and tried with both the S4 and the C1 nothing works. just fan playing very loud.

Does someone have an card image I can just copy to my SD card.

I live in the Seattle wa area and I am willing to pay some BC to someone who can get this going.  I have written to Bitmain, but still waiting for answers.  I have 3.5 tb of hashing currently with 3 tb sitting around doing nothing

Who should I talk to??

Barbara

▬[  FXPay.IO  ]▬   
opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2014, 08:44:01 AM

This is very frustrating and I need help, I look online and every thing says to un-zip the files, then burn them to a SD card.  Here Dogie says to just burn SD-C1-20141126.tar.gz file with Win32 Disk.  I have tried and tried with both the S4 and the C1 nothing works. just fan playing very loud.

I live in the Seattle wa area and I am willing to pay some BC to someone who can get this going.  I have written to Bitmain, but still waiting for answers.  I have 3.5 tb of hashing currently with 3 tb sitting around doing nothing

Who should I talk to??

Barbara

Try this image.
http://www.deligny.us/public.php?service=files&t=6f4a4656b948da72128dd9f66f91b4c3
That share will stop working in a few days.

This is the image I used to flash my card with. Unfortunately Bitmaintech doesn't have a "support" department or even a support ticket system. It is basically email back and forth 100 times until he makes you just give up. I've already sent him 5 emails with duplicate information regarding just two fans.

Format the card.
Flash it with Win 32 imager by selecting that image you just downloaded
Insert the SD card carefully into the miner, make notice that all pins make contact with the metal on the SD card.
Try to boot.

IITravel01

Activity: 338
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 04:00:31 PM

This is very frustrating and I need help, I look online and every thing says to un-zip the files, then burn them to a SD card.  Here Dogie says to just burn SD-C1-20141126.tar.gz file with Win32 Disk.  I have tried and tried with both the S4 and the C1 nothing works. just fan playing very loud.

I live in the Seattle wa area and I am willing to pay some BC to someone who can get this going.  I have written to Bitmain, but still waiting for answers.  I have 3.5 tb of hashing currently with 3 tb sitting around doing nothing

Who should I talk to??

Barbara

Barbara, you are you in the U.S.?  Have you called their (844) number?  I had a problem with one of my S3+'s last week and got straight through to someone who used TeamViewer to fix the problem and also got the IP address for my other 3 and updated the firmware all online at the same time.  I thought it was great, quick, easy service call that went well (until I found out the new firmware had problems).   But this sounds like it could be done over the phone and online with them.

By the way, I want to hang out with Barbara. I've been building computers since 386's, but Commadore 64.  Now that's OG!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 94 »
  Print  

Jump to: