Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:32:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 76 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOXT] - NobleNXT Proposal/Whitepaper - Noble's 1st Colored Coin  (Read 194164 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
miKnutty

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 01:17:08 AM

Awesome progress, glad to see NOXT picking up!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ReserviorHunt

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 01:57:22 AM

Awesome progress, glad to see NOXT picking up!

My thoughts exactly Smiley

I am expecting some buys will come in fast and hard during the last few days. People are watching Cheesy
Parano

Activity: 118

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 02:03:52 PM

very strange...what is this?

I can see an sell order on the exchange for https://www.poloniex.com/exchange#btc_noxt for 82 BTC and SAE only one sell order

NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 04:18:07 PM

I can see an sell order on the exchange for https://www.poloniex.com/exchange#btc_noxt for 82 BTC and SAE only one sell order

SAE was only for the initial sell phase i think. Main funding is now through poloniex and in btc.
Porte

Activity: 489
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 06:54:28 PM

SAE was only for the initial sell phase i think. Main funding is now through poloniex and in btc.

So the IPO is in poloniex now? why should I buy, what warranty do I have?
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4906

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 06:58:51 PM

So the IPO is in poloniex now? why should I buy, what warranty do I have?

Aside from the most trustworthy DEV in crypto?

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Youghoor

Activity: 1036
Merit: 275

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 07:00:44 PM

only 10 BTC left on poloniex Cool

That volume is decreasing slowly.
Porte

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 07:56:37 PM

PLEASe can someone explain this instead of writing 2 words, is there an IPO going on and how does it work
Parano

Activity: 118

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 08:08:21 PM

I don't get it?

same marketing, similar project with different coin name, same dev?what the difference between these two coins?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=402667.0

Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4906

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 08:45:09 PM

PLEASe can someone explain this instead of writing 2 words, is there an IPO going on and how does it work

Youghoor is troll, best to put on ignore, Don't have time but someone will answer your question.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
ReserviorHunt

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 11:11:22 PM

I don't get it?

same marketing, similar project with different coin name, same dev?what the difference between these two coins?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=402667.0

Parano, I will paste the answer I gave to a similar question such as yours on noble thread:

Here is what I understand:

Noble is a scrypt based decentralized cryptocurrency similar to litecoin in origin, developed in January 2014 by Jason L. Curby (Rofo).

NOXT (once again developed by Rofo) is a crowdfunded asset colored coin that is still in the crowdfunding phase, using the 2.0 platform specifically branded and made for business purposes. Its crowdfund marketcap is very low and affordable, so it's a good chance to invest early as a long term investment.
Honeypot

Activity: 420

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 11:14:29 PM

There is an ongoing crowdfunding, which for purely intents of purchase is more or less the same as and IPO. You buy however much you want from the amount offered.

You can buy them with nxt on secureae (https://trade.secureae.com/#6780060819348751348) OR buy with BTC on poloniex here: https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_noxt

If you have nobl, you can also contact rofo directly and ask to buy NOXT for Noble - your coins will be 'burned' and you will receive NOXT in turn.

I highly encourage you to check out the NOXT whitepaper and thread through the OP and the pdf flier images posted there thoroughly.
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2014, 12:56:16 AM

All info. is in the ANN but feel free to PM me. I'm in the capital again to print a bunch of docs (will post), have some meetings and prepare a final presentation for private people interested and social media.

Porte

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 09:37:48 AM

All info. is in the ANN but feel free to PM me. I'm in the capital again to print a bunch of docs (will post), have some meetings and prepare a final presentation for private people interested and social media.

This look quite promising, how long will last the crowdfunding (IPO), also in a few words in which companies will use this coin and how do you intend to be able to be one of the good ones as there are over 500 cryptocoins in coinmarketcap and we all know 90 per cent will be a failure, they all say they are here to stay and say big things, how do you intend people to believe you with all the scams and failures coins out there promising heaven, To me your coins and presentation look great but how will you convince people that you are coin worth to invest?
Honeypot

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 09:46:27 AM

This look quite promising, how long will last the crowdfunding (IPO), also in a few words in which companies will use this coin and how do you intend to be able to be one of the good ones as there are over 500 cryptocoins in coinmarketcap and we all know 90 per cent will be a failure, they all say they are here to stay and say big things, how do you intend people to believe you with all the scams and failures coins out there promising heaven, To me your coins and presentation look great but how will you convince people that you are coin worth to invest?

From what I understand, very few have actually officially registered their person as a business in this manner, not to mention a track record of persistence and continued support for nearly a year since creation. Developer is not some anonymous no body on the forums - he has quite clearly stated his intent and identity from the beginning.

If you read the whitepaper, you will find many reasons that you ask - I think as a starting point just having a government registered business being presented should give you a good idea of what to expect in the future. Remember, this project is getting started, and unlike those 2000 or 20,000 btc ipos that promise heaven than fall short of their false hype, this is doing things slow and correctly with a modest, reasonable amount of crowdfunding.

So far, I see little reason to doubt the intentions or ability of the developer to carry out his stated goals and vision.

Again, consider this a beginning. You can hardly expect a crowdfund to begin with all of its goals already achieved. Crypto is a newly emerging technology, and such modest beginnings are the start of a cycle of positive reinforcements from my point of view.
Porte

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 09:58:48 AM

From what I understand, very few have actually officially registered their person as a business in this manner, not to mention a track record of persistence and continued support for nearly a year since creation. Developer is not some anonymous no body on the forums - he has quite clearly stated his intent and identity from the beginning.

If you read the whitepaper, you will find many reasons that you ask - I think as a starting point just having a government registered business being presented should give you a good idea of what to expect in the future. Remember, this project is getting started, and unlike those 2000 or 20,000 btc ipos that promise heaven than fall short of their false hype, this is doing things slow and correctly with a modest, reasonable amount of crowdfunding.

So far, I see little reason to doubt the intentions or ability of the developer to carry out his stated goals and vision.

Again, consider this a beginning. You can hardly expect a crowdfund to begin with all of its goals already achieved. Crypto is a newly emerging technology, and such modest beginnings are the start of a cycle of positive reinforcements from my point of view.

I understand what you are saying and if I am here its because I like how it looks all, but there is one thing I don't understand, why to create another coin like NOXT when exist already NOBL? why not to do all with one coin?
Honeypot

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 10:38:37 AM

I understand what you are saying and if I am here its because I like how it looks all, but there is one thing I don't understand, why to create another coin like NOXT when exist already NOBL? why not to do all with one coin?

Please bear in mind I am only speaking from my own understanding - Jason L. Curby is the best person to ask for solid answers regarding these questions.

From what I know, NOXT and Noble are two fundamentally different projects from a technical point of view - Noblecoin is a scrypt based, decentralized crypto currency while NOXT is NobleNXT - built on 2.0 platform and issued as a colored coin/asset as a crowdfund.

Not to mention, if you read the whitepaper there is an emphasis on 'brand' of each project. That does in fact make a difference in two projects even if you somehow disregard the clear technical differences.

The way I take it, what the developers DO with the coin is the important part, and that takes time to set up and reach out. It's the action based on the brand and name of the coin that makes each project unique, or so I understand, instead of all the 'differences' supposedly set in stone from the beginning.

Once again, please contact rofo for all such questions. Smiley
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 03:47:46 PM

Not all technologies required are avaiable on the scrypt based network. The development of 2.0 crypto like nxt have enabled new opportunities.

A lot is explained in the whitepaper, including the need for the new platform and crowdfunding.
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2014, 11:18:06 PM

Funding and a restricted supply. 2014 has taught me there is only so much one can do when you're competing with market demands and crowd funds raising millions. If I could keep things simple Id roll all of NOBL into NOXT, but a lot of people prefer NOBL and dont want a centralized approach. It would be the same as if I hostile took over and forced people into NOXT rather than give them a choice. Because of the burn in a way it is the same coin, you can choose what you prefer.

Damelon
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 11:19:56 PM

Funding and a restricted supply. 2014 has taught me there is only so much one can do when you're competing with market demands and crowd funds raising millions. If I could keep things simple Id roll all of NOBL into NOXT, but a lot of people prefer NOBL and dont want a centralized approach. It would be the same as if I hostile took over and forced people into NOXT rather than give them a choice. Because of the burn in a way it is the same coin, you can choose what you prefer.

I líke the option of choice.
In the end it is about results, especially for projects like Noblecoin. Smiley

Member of the Nxt Foundation | Donations: NXT-D6K7-MLY6-98FM-FLL5T
Join Nxt Slack! https://nxtchat.herokuapp.com/
Founder of Blockchain Workspace | Personal Site & Blog
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 76 »
  Print  

Jump to: