Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 10:44:06 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOXT] - NobleNXT Proposal/Whitepaper - Noble's 1st Colored Coin  (Read 194164 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 06:45:22 AM

Thats 3.5 months ago. By now you either have something of worth, or you dont. At the moment, how can it be anything other than the latter?

My first post was before the 45 page and growing whitepaper and the beginning of the business plan (which is of no worth until it is). In the beginning I didn't ask for anything besides individual help to help crowd fund myself working on conceptualizing the idea for deliverance in 2015.

You are coming across as someone who needed funds for other reasons (personal dept, maybe?), and you kidded yourself you could produce something that would justify taking funds from people.

I can understand the personal debt suspicion due to the high-profile 'scams' that have been accused of being used to pay of tens of thousands to $100,000+ of debt. That is not the case here. I have had a low personal debt of about $7,000 for half a decade. None of that has been paid off during this period besides a mandatory $20/$80 fortnight which has been going on for a year. That is something I can easily prove if I get a legal letter.

You dont seem to care about that reputation anymore. Theres a reason for that, and its got nothing to do with crypto/NOXT. Show me/us i am wrong.

I care about my reputation very much so. This entire episode has affected it entirely negatively and it's got everything to do with crypto/NOXT. I'm not happy in the slightest this is where it's currently at and some of things I have been sent.

Fair enough. Your replies read as genuine, to me. But Rofo, people need to know that you are putting those funds to good use. There needs to be evidence of what has been achieved, at least on a regular weekly basis. Anything less, and its just your little play thing, that has a low priority in your day-to-day life, and something you can choose to work on or not whenever you feel like it. Well that isnt even close to meeting the expectations of the people who invested in YOU.

Unfortunately, you will be committing yourself to more abuse in your inbox, more questions about your ability, and a reputation shot down in flames, unless you do one of two things.....
1. get off your backside, and start some actual work on this project that people can put a positive value on, or
2. share buyback/put a buy-wall up, so at least in the future you can say and show people, you done the right thing and you owe them nothing.    
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 07:38:19 AM

Thats 3.5 months ago. By now you either have something of worth, or you dont. At the moment, how can it be anything other than the latter?

My first post was before the 45 page and growing whitepaper and the beginning of the business plan (which is of no worth until it is). In the beginning I didn't ask for anything besides individual help to help crowd fund myself working on conceptualizing the idea for deliverance in 2015.

You are coming across as someone who needed funds for other reasons (personal dept, maybe?), and you kidded yourself you could produce something that would justify taking funds from people.

I can understand the personal debt suspicion due to the high-profile 'scams' that have been accused of being used to pay of tens of thousands to $100,000+ of debt. That is not the case here. I have had a low personal debt of about $7,000 for half a decade. None of that has been paid off during this period besides a mandatory $20/$80 fortnight which has been going on for a year. That is something I can easily prove if I get a legal letter.

You dont seem to care about that reputation anymore. Theres a reason for that, and its got nothing to do with crypto/NOXT. Show me/us i am wrong.

I care about my reputation very much so. This entire episode has affected it entirely negatively and it's got everything to do with crypto/NOXT. I'm not happy in the slightest this is where it's currently at and some of things I have been sent.

Fair enough. Your replies read as genuine, to me. But Rofo, people need to know that you are putting those funds to good use. There needs to be evidence of what has been achieved, at least on a regular weekly basis. Anything less, and its just your little play thing, that has a low priority in your day-to-day life, and something you can choose to work on or not whenever you feel like it. Well that isnt even close to meeting the expectations of the people who invested in YOU.

Unfortunately, you will be committing yourself to more abuse in your inbox, more questions about your ability, and a reputation shot down in flames, unless you do one of two things.....
1. get off your backside, and start some actual work on this project that people can put a positive value on, or
2. share buyback/put a buy-wall up, so at least in the future you can say and show people, you done the right thing and you owe them nothing.    

buyback/buy-wall is a very bad idea. A lot of people will sell, draining most of what is left of the remaining funds for development (after the first sell off at the end of the ICO due to profit taking on the back of nobl). Also, he will get a lot of hate for people that sold their coins below that buy wall.

stereotype
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 07:49:09 AM

buyback/buy-wall is a very bad idea. A lot of people will sell, draining most of what is left of the remaining funds for development (after the first sell off at the end of the ICO due to profit taking on the back of nobl). Also, he will get a lot of hate for people that sold their coins below that buy wall.

Yes, its the intention that everyone will sell......because 'development' does not exist here in any meaningful way. Currently, its just vacuous words........"conceptualizing the idea for deliverance in 2015"

Im willing to take a small loss, and put it down to poor judgement. I havnt done any volume analysis, but people selling below is surely minimal, and anyway, they should feel happy that they too, got out at a small loss.  
Wesiematic

Activity: 437
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 11:25:41 AM

Rofo thanks for your post, i am confident here and if you need support let us know.

there is always a light at the end of the tunnel...
ctenc001

Activity: 910

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2015, 05:54:00 PM

Yes, its the intention that everyone will sell......because 'development' does not exist here in any meaningful way. Currently, its just vacuous words........"conceptualizing the idea for deliverance in 2015"

Im willing to take a small loss, and put it down to poor judgement. I havnt done any volume analysis, but people selling below is surely minimal, and anyway, they should feel happy that they too, got out at a small loss.  

what the hell is going on? We have a roadmap till march. so let's wait. Everyone invested money in an unregulated field. so if it runs well - good! and if it doesn't run well - bad! but we all have no claim on what rofo should do! He isn't our money slave...

when pikuchato invested 6 k it is his own risk. Never put all eggs in one basket. And you all can't prove that Rofo isn't giving his best. So I see no chance for a law suit at the moment. Be patient and wait.

In 2 months or so everybody says "ROFO I LOVE YOU! YOU ARE THE MAN" Wink

I'd have to agree.
From that start this was presented as a long term hold coin, Not a get rich quick scheme.
People need to chill, Rofo's done great work for well over a year now, and will continue to do great work. But everyone has their breaking point; keep throwing sh!t in his face, and he's gonna lose motivation and focus.  For him to be as dedicated as he's always been, crypto is obviously a passion he enjoys, the day he stops enjoying it, because of our crap is that day we're out a dev.

You've got my support 100% Rofo!
maccaspacca

Activity: 278
Merit: 258

Twitter: @maccaspacca1

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 09:40:01 PM

I'd have to agree.
From that start this was presented as a long term hold coin, Not a get rich quick scheme.
People need to chill, Rofo's done great work for well over a year now, and will continue to do great work. But everyone has their breaking point; keep throwing sh!t in his face, and he's gonna lose motivation and focus.  For him to be as dedicated as he's always been, crypto is obviously a passion he enjoys, the day he stops enjoying it, because of our crap is that day we're out a dev.

You've got my support 100% Rofo!

+1

Rofo has my 100% confidence

This is a long term investment coin and has a great chance with Rofo behind it

mr.coinzy

Activity: 500
Merit: 507

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 05:25:47 PM

So according to the given roadmap, what and when is the next big step we should be seeing in the project? How is the project doing in moving towards accomplishing this step? (current status?)
I still have the feeling that i can trust Rofo as a person (of course some progress needs to be shown as we move forward over time).
pikuchato

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

Activity: yes

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 11:30:29 AM

45 days after ico and we still know nothing.

You guys (noxt investors) are patient as fuck I must admit Tongue

stereotype
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 11:32:52 AM

You guys (noxt investors) are patience as fuck I must admit Tongue
When theres nothing, hope conquers all.
GBattaglia

Activity: 735
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 03:21:34 PM

I could be wrong in this regard, but I don't really view Rofo as a developer. He may have skill/knowledge in that area, but it doesn't really encompass what he does. From what I've seen, he is becoming more of a researcher and legal spokesperson to get currency [particularly Noble] accepted as legal tender by governments/etc. His work is mostly relevant in Australia though, which makes its global impact a bit lesser. Not only that, in this current point in time; legality isn't much of a concern for users of cryptocurrency. Many people were drawn to crypto for its "No rulers, only users" use, rulers being government of course.

The fact of the matter is digital currency without the investment aspect doesn't hold a lot of appeal for people right now. It is too much of a risk and hassle in a day and age where Apple Pay, Paypal, and Debit Cards just "work" for the most part.

I'm not calling scam in regards to Rofo. I'm saying that a lot of his work probably isn't relevant to users here. Legal matters take a long time, and most people don't see the benefits of such things. The fiasco with NobleCoin's PoS system furthers the viewpoint that Rofo is a leader, spokesperson, and legal researcher, but not as much a developer. There are plenty of devs in the crypto-scene, so this isn't a negative.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3850
Merit: 5015

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 06:48:46 PM

I could be wrong in this regard, but I don't really view Rofo as a developer. He may have skill/knowledge in that area, but it doesn't really encompass what he does. From what I've seen, he is becoming more of a researcher and legal spokesperson to get currency [particularly Noble] accepted as legal tender by governments/etc. His work is mostly relevant in Australia though, which makes its global impact a bit lesser. Not only that, in this current point in time; legality isn't much of a concern for users of cryptocurrency. Many people were drawn to crypto for its "No rulers, only users" use, rulers being government of course.

The fact of the matter is digital currency without the investment aspect doesn't hold a lot of appeal for people right now. It is too much of a risk and hassle in a day and age where Apple Pay, Paypal, and Debit Cards just "work" for the most part.

I'm not calling scam in regards to Rofo. I'm saying that a lot of his work probably isn't relevant to users here. Legal matters take a long time, and most people don't see the benefits of such things. The fiasco with NobleCoin's PoS system furthers the viewpoint that Rofo is a leader, spokesperson, and legal researcher, but not as much a developer. There are plenty of devs in the crypto-scene, so this isn't a negative.

Correct, He is more of a Project Manager. AFA NobleCoin, He has divested himself and handed it over to the community. That is why I am here and no longer there. It will be P&D'd now and has been hijacked by those that were probably 51% attacking it in the first place.

BTW I am devastated!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=956560.msg10470758#msg10470758

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Sharkzz1

Activity: 880
Merit: 251

Think differently

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 09:20:07 PM

It may sound like im patient, but im close to losing my patience...
ctenc001

Activity: 910

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2015, 01:25:58 AM

I'd love it if you'd just give it a rest and let the coin run it's course.
If Rofo did scam us (still highly doubt he did, given his track record. I think he's just tired of your shit) then your constant complaining isn't doing anyone any good.
If he did not, then your just bruising up the image of Rofo and the coin for no good reason. You say you have an investment in NOXT; All you are doing is decreasing the value of your own investment. Looking at the volume, no holder has left. At most, you've driven off any chance of a new investor.

Chill out and give rofo some time. While he didn't assign dates to individual milestones, he did list out everything he wanted done by the end of March. Let's just wait and see how we look in April.

To be clear, I do expect updates before then though.

I've had a few personal dealing with Rofo, he's a stand up guy and has my support 100%
GBattaglia

Activity: 735
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 01:31:19 AM

Correct, He is more of a Project Manager. AFA NobleCoin, He has divested himself and handed it over to the community. That is why I am here and no longer there. It will be P&D'd now and has been hijacked by those that were probably 51% attacking it in the first place.

BTW I am devastated!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=956560.msg10470758#msg10470758

I doubt NobleCoin is really anymore doomed than BTC or NOXT. The person working on the PoS update right now seems committed to making NobleCoin functional again while still utilizing the services provided by Rofo. He has provided VISIBLE and USABLE progress from what I've seen.

I have no stake in any cryptocurrency now, haven't for a good number of months. Frankly I'm glad as I was exiting when BTC was around $400 [now $230], and Monero was $2.25 [now $.25].
pikuchato

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 03:41:13 AM

I think he's just tired of your shit
My shit begun way after he took off.

then your just bruising up the image of Rofo and the coin for no good reason
45 days after the end of the ico and he didn't even bother to update us with final numbers (nor proving any reserves or telling us what he is doing with our money),
I think this reason is good enough.

You say you have an investment in NOXT; All you are doing is decreasing the value of your own investment. Looking at the volume, no holder has left. At most, you've driven off any chance of a new investor.
Really? I thought that value and volume decreased because the developer stopped any communication with us, I must be extremely stupid.

FTW: my first shit post: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=841741.msg10174210#msg10174210
January 16, 2015, 02:30:44 PM
Noxt price at January 16, 2015: ~1400 sats after huge dumps in the days before.
FTW2: This is what started the dump https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=402667.msg10109325#msg10109325
The price was ~3500 sats when rofo posted this.

While he didn't assign dates to individual milestones
Providing basic ico and project information to the people who gave you their money is not a milestone.

It is my pleasure to fill the non cheerleader role in this project/thread, a team full of cheerleaders is actually doing damage because non of them is able to spot any problems nor provide any criticism (I think it is called a cult).
I will stop once rofo decide he could spare few minutes a day to communicate with us, or when you all realize we got fucked (whatever comes first).
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2015, 04:05:44 AM

I will be focusing purely on the NOXT deliverables as mentioned.

I want to make it clear I specifically stated the NOXT cycle, roadmap and updates in this thread were my primary focus while I took a breather from NOBL under revised leadership.

595,000 NXT. 81.8 BTC. Minus final 10BTC of NOXT I still hold on the Polo account that I will burn when I'm on my secure PC again. I hope I am now safe to say I am free of the accusations of dumping large supplies now rather than burning (as shown with the increasing burn address).

edit: Your private tirade after I posted the information rejecting it outright and throwing more accusations are the reasons I stopped responding to you, not because I've 'fled the country' or am 'on holiday'.

However I did and am backtracking on minor daily updates because I don't want things misconstrued or used as basis for accusations if circumstances change. I will save my info. for any legal requirements that come up, but I will just state if what you've assumed and collected/posted to me in private Piku is the information you're passing in, some things are quite off base and that will not help your case.

pikuchato

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 06:21:55 AM
Last edit: February 16, 2015, 07:41:17 AM by pikuchato

List of questions about the current state of the project (New investors won't invest unless they know this kind of information imo + I will fuck off as a bonus Tongue ):

1. ICO : I understand the ico was a huge mess, so instead of asking what happened lets focus on the present/future.
- After refunds/re buys/btc shorts, how much BTC or USD does the project hold?
- Do you intend to keep the project funds in BTC or in USD? (Or keep changing between both for shorts?)
- Please provide prove of reserves by sending all funds into a single address (just for a snapshot, it can be removed after).
- Please provide a list of expenses you had + a list of expenses you are going to have.

2. Future plans :
- Can I assume that everything related to the goal/business plan of noxt is still the same and the project is moving forward as planned? (Please note I didn't mentioned dates, just goals).
- If the answer is yes and the plan is to buy all noxt from circulation in order to complete the cycle, wouldn't it be better (and cheaper) to buy some at the current rates?
- I understand you don't want to reveal things before they are ready, but can you tell us what is the next big step that will be public?
I have no problem to wait just please tell me what I am waiting for.

* I changed all 'we' to 'I', don't want to speak for others.
stereotype
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 10:16:14 PM

Just gonna leave this here.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=890531.msg10483391#msg10483391
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 10:21:37 PM

And that is why NOXT does not promise new technological stuff, but rather applications of the technology.
james6546

Activity: 691

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 10:08:16 AM

List of questions about the current state of the project (New investors won't invest unless they know this kind of information imo + I will fuck off as a bonus Tongue ):

1. ICO : I understand the ico was a huge mess, so instead of asking what happened lets focus on the present/future.
- After refunds/re buys/btc shorts, how much BTC or USD does the project hold?
- Do you intend to keep the project funds in BTC or in USD? (Or keep changing between both for shorts?)
- Please provide prove of reserves by sending all funds into a single address (just for a snapshot, it can be removed after).
- Please provide a list of expenses you had + a list of expenses you are going to have.

2. Future plans :
- Can I assume that everything related to the goal/business plan of noxt is still the same and the project is moving forward as planned? (Please note I didn't mentioned dates, just goals).
- If the answer is yes and the plan is to buy all noxt from circulation in order to complete the cycle, wouldn't it be better (and cheaper) to buy some at the current rates?
- I understand you don't want to reveal things before they are ready, but can you tell us what is the next big step that will be public?
I have no problem to wait just please tell me what I am waiting for.

* I changed all 'we' to 'I', don't want to speak for others.

To be honest I would also like some answers to the points in 2. It has been 48 days since the end of the ICO and so far we have nothing to show for it.

Rofo, I know you don't like to announce stuff until it is ready to be implemented, but a couple of hints, or at least a post that is slightly friendly would be nice...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 »
  Print  

Jump to: