Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 10:47:50 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOXT] - NobleNXT Proposal/Whitepaper - Noble's 1st Colored Coin  (Read 194164 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
hunterwolf
Legendary

Activity: 1108
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 01:18:11 AM

Date for current Android release is 30th July. These notes are not final. Why the move to mobile? For future integration of monetized apps and games, one of which is already in development under NDA. As well as long-term integration of services under banking license.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/you-ready-when-mobile-wallets-turn-banking-upside-down-vishal-gupta?trk=hp-feed-article-title-share - Thanks cryptonit

Noble Suite Alpha (Android) 0.1 - Release 30th July

User Account Management
- Cloud-based account registrations and access
- Web-based account password reset
- Web-based account sign up confirmation
- Voluntary tier one personal details
- AML/KYC user approval tier (to unlock bullion)

Social
- Making purchases or payments will reward Nobility rewards points
- View, follow updates and send payments to users
- Update/news history viewable from app
- Public chat room – basic Slack/IRC
- User Nobility leaderboard (linked to rewards and prizes)      

NobleGift
- Purchase gift cards (up to 239 internationally available)
- Send to friends as a gift

NoblePay
- Pay any Australian utility bill, credit card or tax office payment via BPAY (NOBL/NOXT)
- Direct bank deposits (NOBL/NOXT)

Noble Suite Alpha (Android) 0.2 - Release late August
- Mostly reserved for design and feature feedback
- View list of all latest global payments
- Purchase NOBL/NOXT in-app using PayPal or BTC
- Escrow between users
- Bullion page (buy, legal/regulatory news/updates, information on depository)

Noble Suite Alpha (Android) 0.3+
- Tentatively focused on international micro-payments and bullion depository infrastructure

Others
- NobleCoin Android Wallet (with the choice of two apps - open source independent or close source integrated) – Schildhbach’s port and compile (100% complete), bitcoinj port (33% complete)
- For non-mobile community members new marketplace with bullion and original Gift available

looks like very nice. but i dont understand, how can escrow between users?
I was thinking about this issue for a long time. I really wonder
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3850
Merit: 5015

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 03:34:21 AM

Great to see things getting sorted out and moving along. Smiley

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
james6546

Activity: 691
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 08:30:07 AM

That sounds like an amazing move forward in terms of general crypto usability.

Are you offering a more basic framework to other coins? I think there would be a massive market.

How does the bank transfers from NOBL/NOXT work?

Also, I thought there were problems with paypal and crypto, have you managed to get around these?

Really looking forward to the release Smiley

I look forward to it all, although slack probably isn't worth the effort unless there is an automated approval of users of some kind.

Rofo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2015, 12:19:36 PM

looks like very nice. but i dont understand, how can escrow between users?

It's a more automated front-end for users who agree on set conditions, it's still a human service (Noble) not managed on the blockchain.

Are you offering a more basic framework to other coins? I think there would be a massive market.

That may be in the works.

How does the bank transfers from NOBL/NOXT work?

BPAY, same as Living Room of Satoshi for BTC and for Australia initially. Deposit NOBL/NOXT into a Noble Account, provide bank details and Noble deposits fiat into designated target. Version 0.3+ will be the focus on international markets - something that requires greater licensing (funding) or 100% guarantees that what is offered is fine under local laws.

It is initially aimed to be a fine balance between 'next-level' Australian utility and good international utility.

Also, I thought there were problems with paypal and crypto, have you managed to get around these?

It is getting more commonplace but often requires KYC verification and a more trusted trade history of the customer (to minimise fraud/reversals). Something longer-term as the audience shifts and accepts the inevitable AML/KYC for non-privacy centric currencies.

I look forward to it all, although slack probably isn't worth the effort unless there is an automated approval of users of some kind.

It's an automated customer account/user system where you can follow/post/ignore, etc. Just means people can chat and follow news in-app if they so choose. The non-automated is only the AML/KYC aspect at this point (which I don't expect a lot of people to take up initially, but will in the future).

Keep in mind 0.1-0.3 is just the general utility as well as establishing the baseline for AML/KYC, legal gold-backing/tokenized depository ownership and monetized mobile apps/games. I distinctly separate the decentralized blockchain/currency aspects required for auditing/transparency and independent trade from the centralized service aspects requiring (for now) a cloud database.

I won't allow this to be taken advantage of and if that means longer verifications or controls they will be improved over time.

I should add management of your purchased Gift cards also and most probably the option to instantly sell them back for NOBL/NOXT in a future update.

LemonAndFriesOne
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 02:14:43 PM

How about offering part of the fees of escrow to a third party just to verify. This can be anyone with a NOBL wallet, you would take care of the middle man problem in escrow and at the same time create a new job (like miners mine to earn fees). I'm sure there's plenty of people out there that would pick up escrow tickets and verify them once the contract is fulfilled. Just an idea
Zebedee23
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 02:17:03 PM

WOW great stuff , looking forward 2 release Smiley

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
██████████        ▀████████
█████████    ████▄  █████████
█████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀   █████████
█████████▄▄  ▄▄   ▄██████████
▀██████████  ███▄  ▀████████▀
▀█████████▄▄█████▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
████████▀▀▀███▀▀▀████████
█████████   ███   █████████
███████               ███████
██████████   ███   ██████████
▀██████               ██████▀
▀████████   ███   ████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄███▄▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
Lovethecoins

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 05:31:25 AM

Smiley 8 days later. silence.

no one wants to discuss a bit about those updates?

Nobl thread is much more active

NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 12:59:12 PM

Smiley 8 days later. silence.

no one wants to discuss a bit about those updates?

I guess we are all very anxious to see a working version of the app! Smiley I guess well have plenty to discuss then.
NorrisK
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 09:50:49 AM

Rofo, are you on schedule for the release today? I'm very enthousiastic and anxious to see the results! Any update on the release notes?
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2015, 11:27:46 AM

Rofo, are you on schedule for the release today? I'm very enthousiastic and anxious to see the results! Any update on the release notes?

Yep, just taking as much time as possible today for cleaning up and bug hunting before my deadline dries up.

Rofo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2015, 07:25:58 AM

Yep, just taking as much time as possible today for cleaning up and bug hunting before my deadline dries up.

So I've passed the deadline and will post progress on the app hitting the store (won't be too long but may have to wait to test some final wallet generation here). Still bug-hunting and cleaning up, while polishing as many features as possible. Please note multiple currency support (at either cost to be supported (for NOXT) + no fees or listed anyway with 1% fee auto-removed from NOXT), address generation, multiple API's being hooked into, linked accounts, app bullion trade, app gift card support, app gift card trade and send. This is just the beginning, there are a lot more features being readied and an app/game (or two) to be built on top of the platform. See screenshots:

PS. The balances are dummy test figures.

Sharkzz1

Activity: 880
Merit: 251

Think differently

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 06:21:16 PM

Very impressive Rofo! Looks very nice! Grin
Great job!
NorrisK
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 09:21:14 PM

Very impressive Rofo! Looks very nice! Grin
Great job!

Yep, totally agree!. Excited to see the performance of the ap itself after seeing This Smiley
NorrisK
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 01:20:51 PM

Australia is very open to cryptocurrencies!

http://mashable.com/2015/08/04/bitcoin-currency-australia/

Seems like Rofo is doing his work in the right country Smiley
Zebedee23
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 01:24:13 PM

any idea when release is gonna happen??

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2015, 07:45:06 AM

any idea when release is gonna happen??

This coming week probably for the first version. I need to digest the change in the Australian stance towards digital currencies first.

Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3850
Merit: 5015

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 02:01:12 PM

I find it amusing that the organization making these rulings acronym is ASIC. Smiley

http://www.coindesk.com/australian-securities-regulator-puts-brakes-on-bitcoin-ipo/

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Zebedee23
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 07:32:35 AM

release soon??

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2015, 07:27:59 AM

release soon??

I'll post some more screenshots of the payment processing, but yes.

More importantly, it's crucial people are aware of this ruling related to longer-term plans with gold. It does not affect the currency or payment aspect that the app focuses on right now. This may include very public current coins/tokens planning/claiming similar directions. This is very important for anything US-customer-based.

http://www.coindesk.com/fincen-rules-commodity-backed-token-services-are-money-transmitters/

For Australia/non-US, it is my current understanding I will all but guaranteed exemption from a financial services license for at least a couple years (I hope not less) due to being a low-vol/value start-up, the Aus-based regulatory hearings being exploratory in nature, and BTC still not officially being recognised. What I will be providing is payment processing for multiple digital currencies (at NOXT listing fee as outlined). When and if an exemption ends I should be in the right position to receive licensing at that point.

boomboom

Activity: 1068
Merit: 523

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 08:33:54 AM

release soon??

I'll post some more screenshots of the payment processing, but yes.

More importantly, it's crucial people are aware of this ruling related to longer-term plans with gold. It does not affect the currency or payment aspect that the app focuses on right now. This may include very public current coins/tokens planning/claiming similar directions. This is very important for anything US-customer-based.

http://www.coindesk.com/fincen-rules-commodity-backed-token-services-are-money-transmitters/

For Australia/non-US, it is my current understanding I will all but guaranteed exemption from a financial services license for at least a couple years (I hope not less) due to being a low-vol/value start-up, the Aus-based regulatory hearings being exploratory in nature, and BTC still not officially being recognised. What I will be providing is payment processing for multiple digital currencies (at NOXT listing fee as outlined). When and if an exemption ends I should be in the right position to receive licensing at that point.

Recent reports also suggest bitcoin & crypto currencies generally will be treated as 'digital currencies' rather than 'digital commodities' in Australia soon, and thus no GST (i.e. no tax). This is great news for rofo & NOBL/NOXT!! This should put Australian regulations on par with the UK.

http://www.smh.com.au/business/banking-and-finance/senate-committee-says-bitcoin-should-be-treated-as-a-regular-currency-20150731-gior3u.html

As another aussie myself, this makes Australia a great place to setup crypto businesses, so I'm pretty pumped for the future now!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 »
  Print  

Jump to: