Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 12:14:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NOXT] - NobleNXT Proposal/Whitepaper - Noble's 1st Colored Coin  (Read 194164 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
james6546

Activity: 691
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 06:24:01 AM

Thanks for the updates, sorry to hear about your other partnership.

Today's thought: If you answered peoples questions when they were asked (e.g. three weeks ago), maybe people wouldn't get so "toxic" and "try to write off what you have done". Personally I don't think there is anything of the sort, you just need to keep a more regular presence in the thread so that people know you are still around. I know you don't like to announce anything until it is done, which is a good principle to live by, but what about "hey guys, just working on version 0.3.0 but don't want to promise anything".

But hey, maybe that is just my opinion. We have had this argument many many times before, and probably will again, so I shall leave it at that.

I look forward to having a go with the latest version of the app.
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 06:54:46 AM

Thanks for the updates, sorry to hear about your other partnership.

Today's thought: If you answered peoples questions when they were asked (e.g. three weeks ago), maybe people wouldn't get so "toxic" and "try to write off what you have done". Personally I don't think there is anything of the sort, you just need to keep a more regular presence in the thread so that people know you are still around. I know you don't like to announce anything until it is done, which is a good principle to live by, but what about "hey guys, just working on version 0.3.0 but don't want to promise anything".

But hey, maybe that is just my opinion. We have had this argument many many times before, and probably will again, so I shall leave it at that.

I look forward to having a go with the latest version of the app.
Around and around we go.  Roll Eyes

The really annoying part of this invented drama by Rofo, is that he comes here to read whats being said/asked for/commented on, and then chooses to not reply, which he has admitted to.
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2016, 11:36:49 AM

thx for update jason

regarding federated blockchain initative
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1456407.msg14942070#msg14942070
if u as it looks now just represent NOXT can u relay the invite to whoever represent NOBLE this days

eagleflies  or is there some community group managing it together with him

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2016, 10:04:18 PM

- 0.2.1 will be live in 6 hours when I am back home (Patch notes)
- 0.3 patch notes will become available at that time, showing all changes that were incoming
- 0.3 will include the ability to shift coins into NOXT and vice versa via Shapeshift
- 0.3+ will include other methods to purchase/trade NOXT in light of Poloniex
- Coin addition will become simplified on this page, rather than done manually/by discussion
- Currently finalizing the NXT addresses and PC/wallet security for the above page
- For many of you wanting to relieve yourself of NOXT getting active in coin support will make that easier/burn large quantities

szenekonzept
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1012

Europecoin Financecloud API

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2016, 12:54:45 AM

thx for update jason

regarding federated blockchain initative
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1456407.msg14942070#msg14942070
if u as it looks now just represent NOXT can u relay the invite to whoever represent NOBLE this days

eagleflies  or is there some community group managing it together with him

Exactly both projects are highly welcome

rofo, i would feel honoured to see you in our thread
and in terms of "relayed persons":
anybody invited by cryptonite, is invited by me
dead simple  Grin
have fun
Matthias

Rofo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2016, 12:26:30 AM

I have added potential support for DAO and LSK to the app. They will appear today.

GetVisaCoin

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 12:57:41 AM

I have added potential support for DAO and LSK to the app. They will appear today.

Wonderful! Would be awesome if NOXT could surf either/both of those WAVES!
KLONE

Activity: 264
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 01:15:41 AM

@rofo, have you thoughts on recent australian gov response to senate inquiry into digitial currencies and fintech?

https://www.scribd.com/doc/312261888/Australian-Government-Response-to-Senat-Currency-Game-Changer-or-Bit-Player

How will this effect you & NOXT in the future?
boomboom

Activity: 1068
Merit: 523

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 02:33:20 AM

@rofo, have you thoughts on recent australian gov response to senate inquiry into digitial currencies and fintech?

https://www.scribd.com/doc/312261888/Australian-Government-Response-to-Senat-Currency-Game-Changer-or-Bit-Player

How will this effect you & NOXT in the future?

The inquiry made four recommendations, one & four will effect NOXT the most

Recommendation 1
The committee is of the view that digital currency should be treated as money for the purposes of
the goods and services tax. As such, the committee recommends that the government consults
with the states and territories to consider amending the definition of money in the A New Tax
System (Goods and Services Tax) Act 1999 and including digital currency in the definition of
financial supply in A New Tax System (Goods and Services Tax) Regulations 1999

Recommendation 2
The committee recommends that further examination of appropriate tax treatment of digital
currencies should be included in the taxation white paper process, with particular regard to
income tax and fringe benefits tax.

Recommendation 3
The committee recommends that the Australian Government consider establishing a Digital
Economy Taskforce to gather further information on the uses, opportunities and risks associated
with digital currencies. This will enable regulators, such as the Reserve Bank of Australia and ASIC,
to monitor and determine if and when it may be appropriate to regulate certain digital currency
businesses. In the meantime, the committee supports ADCCA’s continued development of a selfregulation
model, in consultation with government agencies.

Recommendation 4
The committee recommends that the statutory review considers applying AML/CTF regulations to
digital currency exchanges.
Fishmaster42

Activity: 803
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 02:35:32 AM

Awsome tons of new crypto, Lots of talk around those two. should bring in plenty of new lookers. Thanks Rofo.     Fish
LemonAndFriesOne
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 04:09:05 AM

Take a look at NEWBIUM for consideration to add to NOXT app:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1418497.0

It's a tool (different tools) for novice crypto investors.

Rofo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2016, 11:32:32 PM

Recommendation 1 and 4 applies to me/NOXT immensely, 2 not so much, 3 I interpret as "finance traditionalists in bed with government will be given keys to blockchain to continue business as usual".

The current legal and regulatory state of crypto. in general is why I'm not rushing into anything before a more baseline framework/understanding is established in the space. I do think most people currently in crypto. will leave and be replaced once AML/KYC becomes mandatory and the shenanigans/manipulation/p&d games forced out of most markets are forced out of here.

I can also guarantee from personal experience all government mentioning of groups, bodies, invitations and advice is little more than posturing at this point. Most emails will go unanswered and those that don't are an "I'm not sure, yet", and there is a particular group in Australia I think I've applied for membership on their website half a dozen times now with zero response. To me it's all an indication that we're just not close to being "there" yet, wherever that is, and I wonder where "there" is with the focus now on centralized, permission-based, closed blockchain applications (defeating the purpose of BTC entirely).

So on one hand my thoughts are I need to be patient and wait, on the other I wonder if there is even a point in waiting if we end up with closed bank and Microsoft blockchains databases.

boomboom

Activity: 1068
Merit: 523

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 05:34:22 AM

Recommendation 1 and 4 applies to me/NOXT immensely, 2 not so much, 3 I interpret as "finance traditionalists in bed with government will be given keys to blockchain to continue business as usual".

The current legal and regulatory state of crypto. in general is why I'm not rushing into anything before a more baseline framework/understanding is established in the space. I do think most people currently in crypto. will leave and be replaced once AML/KYC becomes mandatory and the shenanigans/manipulation/p&d games forced out of most markets are forced out of here.

I can also guarantee from personal experience all government mentioning of groups, bodies, invitations and advice is little more than posturing at this point. Most emails will go unanswered and those that don't are an "I'm not sure, yet", and there is a particular group in Australia I think I've applied for membership on their website half a dozen times now with zero response. To me it's all an indication that we're just not close to being "there" yet, wherever that is, and I wonder where "there" is with the focus now on centralized, permission-based, closed blockchain applications (defeating the purpose of BTC entirely).

So on one hand my thoughts are I need to be patient and wait, on the other I wonder if there is even a point in waiting if we end up with closed bank and Microsoft blockchains databases.

+1

I agree that regulatory certainty is still a while away in australia. One implication from those recommendations that I'm still not sure about is how changing bitcoin from being an 'intangible asset' to a 'currency' will effect any possible capital gains tax. It will remove double GST, but CGT I'm still not sure about

As for AML/KYC , I think for the vast majority of people that'll be a good thing when it comes in, and it'll usher in a more 'professional' era for digital currencies. For those that want to stay 'dark' there will still be plenty of alternatives like Monero & SuperNET & Dash & zCash, but for most regular people who want to use an intermediary like blockchain.info, they'll actually want increased regulations if it means they can do less due diligence themselves.

I've found the same thing myself when contacting the ATO & AUSTRAC & ASIC asking there position on crypto currencies - very few people know the regulations inside the government and bureaucratic agencies. One guy from the ATO who did reply did use the phrase "in good faith" multiple times when trying to explain the ATO's policy. I took this to mean in this pioneering phase for crypto, if you do something now that later becomes illegal, but you took steps to "act in good faith" by emailing someone relevant and asking questions, then in all likelihood you'd be OK, but you'd have to alter your behaviour to comply promptly.

I think for NOXT it is OK to jump in now and "act in good faith", but be ready for AML/KYC in 1-2 years time.
Zebedee23
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 10:46:52 AM

so Polo is history. Are there other exchanges that list NXT assets???

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
██████████        ▀████████
█████████    ████▄  █████████
█████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀   █████████
█████████▄▄  ▄▄   ▄██████████
▀██████████  ███▄  ▀████████▀
▀█████████▄▄█████▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
████████▀▀▀███▀▀▀████████
█████████   ███   █████████
███████               ███████
██████████   ███   ██████████
▀██████               ██████▀
▀████████   ███   ████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄███▄▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
Zebedee23
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 05:56:30 AM

anything happening??

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
██████████        ▀████████
█████████    ████▄  █████████
█████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀   █████████
█████████▄▄  ▄▄   ▄██████████
▀██████████  ███▄  ▀████████▀
▀█████████▄▄█████▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
████████▀▀▀███▀▀▀████████
█████████   ███   █████████
███████               ███████
▀██████               ██████▀
▀████████   ███   ████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄███▄▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
kennyP

Activity: 544
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 07:38:50 AM

so Polo is history. Are there other exchanges that list NXT assets???

wow, that's a damn shame Sad
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2016, 09:08:03 AM

anything happening??

Watching payments and coin additions, working on the Noble app., primarily secondary fintech app. due September, and watching the ETH/DAO drama.

szenekonzept
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2016, 04:19:56 AM

anything happening??

Watching payments and coin additions, working on the Noble app., primarily secondary fintech app. due September, and watching the ETH/DAO drama.

Hey ROFO i added you to our Initiative.
Knowing you are busy, but please sign up on our Website, to stay up to date
and jump in anytime, you want:

http://federatedblockchains.eu.org

have fun
Matthias Smiley

Rofo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2016, 10:08:37 PM

have fun
Matthias Smiley

[/size]

Visited it yesterday and will sign up. Smiley

v0.2.2 is being pushed today for some immediate fixes/changes. Patch notes will become available later here.

szenekonzept
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2016, 12:48:19 PM

have fun
Matthias Smiley

[/size]

Visited it yesterday and will sign up. Smiley

v0.2.2 is being pushed today for some immediate fixes/changes. Patch notes will become available later here.

thank you for the feedback, looking forward the collaboration

Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 »
  Print  

Jump to: