Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 02:11:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 74 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FaucetBOX.com - API & faucet script, create your own crypto faucet  (Read 119977 times)
Kazuldur (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 971
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 10:08:22 AM

I plan about 30 minutes maintenance time for update today, sorry for inconvenience. Faucets will show a friendly message about it after user tries to get coins.

Unless stated otherwise, all opinions are of my own, not FaucetBOX.com's.
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kazuldur (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 11:18:19 AM

The update is finished and it looks like everything is okay Smiley. If you find any issue, please let me know.

Now you can finally list multiple faucets on our Faucets list using single account! Smiley. However if you want that, you should now use different API kay for each faucet. You can create new faucets in your Dashboard after logging in on FaucetBOX.com. All faucets share the same balance of coins.

Inftrn

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 09:34:11 PM

The update is finished and it looks like everything is okay Smiley. If you find any issue, please let me know.

Now you can finally list multiple faucets on our Faucets list using single account! Smiley. However if you want that, you should now use different API kay for each faucet. You can create new faucets in your Dashboard after logging in on FaucetBOX.com. All faucets share the same balance of coins.

Smiley awesome the update i like it thanks
karlb187

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Need To Contact Me? Go To My Site!

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2014, 10:31:48 PM

Great update!  Wink

I think I might move one of my biggest faucets to FaucetBox soon  Wink

Bitcoin Faucet List Maker      Makes Your Bitcoin Commissions Explode!   (100% FREE)
   Paid to Post Bitcoin Forum      Earn Up To 3,000 Satoshi Per Post!  
 ▥ SKYPE: karl.moneyinpjs ▥ ▦ TWITTER: @karlmoneyinpjs
MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 10:49:35 PM

So I decided to check out FaucetBOX today. The steps seemed simple enough.

1. Download script and unpack it.
2. Open config.php file with any text editor and replace default values with your database connection parameters. You can get them from your hosting provider.
3. Upload all files to your server. Usually you can do that using FTP, SFTP or similar service.
4. Open your website.

Step 2 was a little more difficult for a newbie to faucets than they make it seem. But I got something working, first it said it couldn't connect to the database, but I created a new MySQL database, and it connected with the username/password, etc.

But after uploading everything I see a bunch of errors, and I contacted support, and they asked me a few questions, but they may be stumped.

So I was hoping someone here might have an idea.

(Keep in mind, it doesn't show errors normally, but the support person said to show the errors on the screen so here they are)

Notice: Undefined index: currency in /home/makingm1/public_html/faucet/index.php on line 730
Notice: Undefined index: solvemedia_challenge_key in /home/makingm1/public_html/faucet/index.php on line 733
Notice: Undefined index: recaptcha_public_key in /home/makingm1/public_html/faucet/index.php on line 748
Notice: Undefined index: rewards in /home/makingm1/public_html/faucet/index.php on line 791
Notice: Undefined index: name in /home/makingm1/public_html/faucet/templates/SpaceRacket/index.php on line 278
Notice: Undefined index: short in /home/makingm1/public_html/faucet/templates/SpaceRacket/index.php on line 279
Notice: Undefined index: referral in /home/makingm1/public_html/faucet/templates/SpaceRacket/index.php on line 328

And I also get this "FAUCET DISABLED. Go to admin page and fill all required data!" (which was the original error when the other errors were hidden), going to the admin page doesn't save any changes.
NeedIfFindIt

Activity: 500

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 12:36:07 AM

Hey. I try to make multy-currency faucet but when I load the links below I always get the BTC balance:

https://faucetbox.com/api/v1/balance?api_key=KEY_HERE&currency=BTC
https://faucetbox.com/api/v1/balance?api_key=KEY_HERE&currency=LTC
https://faucetbox.com/api/v1/balance?api_key=KEY_HERE&currency=DOGE
Kazuldur (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 11:09:30 AM
Last edit: December 15, 2014, 11:42:27 AM by Kazuldur

As you can read here: https://faucetbox.com/en/api the API requests HAVE to be POST, not GET (and adding query string to the URL means a GET request). It defaults to BTC if it doesn't find a currency parameter in POST data.
Retrieving BTC balance using GET request is an undocumented feature made for a compatibility with Microfaucet and you should not use it. Smiley

NeedIfFindIt

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 01:30:40 PM

As you can read here: https://faucetbox.com/en/api the API requests HAVE to be POST, not GET (and adding query string to the URL means a GET request). It defaults to BTC if it doesn't find a currency parameter in POST data.
Retrieving BTC balance using GET request is an undocumented feature made for a compatibility with Microfaucet and you should not use it. Smiley

Ah, crap, then time to ditch the Microfaucet idea and start something better from the scratch.

Thanks anyway  Smiley
MyBitMine

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 02:58:23 PM

Is the referral option for faucets not working? using the "r=" parameter followed by my BTC address?

I do not seem to find the referral payments when checking the address although I know that the referral address has been used to claim with.
Bittzy78
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1019

I do not give financial advice .. do your own DD

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2014, 08:58:03 PM

Please checkout our new Faucetbox faucet..

CryptoDrips (http://www.cryptodrips.com)

Right now payouts are between 99 and 500 Satoshi every 15 minutes.

Bittzy78

░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░▒▒▒████████████████▒▒▒░░
░░▒▒██████████████████████▒▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒████████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒█████████▀▀▀▀███████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████▀      ▀██████▀    ▀████▒░░
░░▒██████▄        ▀██▀       ████▒░░
░░▒███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒▒██████████████████████▒▒░░
░░▒▒▒████████████████▒▒▒░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░

▄                   ▄   ▄                                                        ▄
        ▀ ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄     ▄  ▄████████▄ ▄   ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██████     ▄▄██████   ████████████████   ▀▀  ██████████▀▀    ██████     ▄ ██████  ████████████████▄▄
  ██████   ███████    ▀ ██████  ██████████████████     ████████████     ███████    ▀▀██████  ████████████████▀▀
  ██████   ████████     ██████  ██████▀    ▀██████    ██████████████    ████████     ██████ ▄██████
  ██████ ▄██████████    ██████  ███████▄▄             ██████  ██████    █████████    ██████ ▀██████
▄ ██████   ██████████   ██████   ███████████▄▄       ██████    ██████   ██████████   ██████  ██████████████
▀ ██████   ███████████  ██████  ▄ ▀█████████████▄    ██████    ██████   ███████████  ██████  ██████████████  ██
  ██████   ██████ █████ ██████  ▀    ▀▀███████████  ██████      ██████  ██████ █████ ██████  ██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀
  ██████ ▄ ██████  ███████████            ▀▀███████ ██████████████████  ██████  ███████████  ██████
▄ ██████ ▀ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄     ▄██████████████████████████ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀ ██████   ██████    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████ ██████    ████████████████████████████
  ██████   ██████     ████████▀█▀███████████████████████          ████████████     ████████▀▀█████████████████
  ██████   ██████      ███████    ▀▀███████████▀▀ ██████    ▄▄    ████████████      ███████
           ██████     ▄ ██████           ▄▄                 ▀▀          ██████     ▄ ██████▄▄

GET IN TOUCH              
.▬▬Announcement▬▬.
Facebook | Twitter | Discord | Insane Hub
Bitcoin Hydrant

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2014, 10:16:26 PM

I think there's something very wrong with FaucetBOX payout system. I experienced this behaviour multiple times (look at every referral amount shown below)

...and btw my balance is not over 150k as should have been just summing this amounts togerther, it's <100k. Roll Eyes

Could you please explain it?

Kazuldur (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 10:25:09 PM

Is the referral option for faucets not working? using the "r=" parameter followed by my BTC address?

I do not seem to find the referral payments when checking the address although I know that the referral address has been used to claim with.

On most faucets (those based on Microfaucet and Faucet in a Box) you must go to the faucet and claim your prize. You'll get your referral earnings as a bonus to the usual prize.

I think there's something very wrong with FaucetBOX payout system. I experienced this behaviour multiple times (look at every referral amount shown below)

...and btw my balance is not over 150k as should have been just summing this amounts togerther, it's <100k. Roll Eyes

Could you please explain it?

It looks allright to me. On most faucets (those based on Faucet in a Box and I think Microfaucet too) you get the referral earnings as a bonus to the normal payout and they're splited, that's why you see 2 payouts for each faucet. Or is there something else that you think it's broken?
However the wrong balance sounds bad. Can you send me your Bitcoin address so that I can investigate further?

Bitcoin Hydrant

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2014, 10:39:04 PM

It looks allright to me. On most faucets (those based on Faucet in a Box and I think Microfaucet too) you get the referral earnings as a bonus to the normal payout and they're splited, that's why you see 2 payouts for each faucet. Or is there something else that you think it's broken?
We completely grasp this, as we run a (quite successful) faucet list that lives on referrals. But we find the amount of the referrals quite "peculiar": 95k? 48k? 500? Shouldnt they be all around 1k?

However the wrong balance sounds bad. Can you send me your Bitcoin address so that I can investigate further?
PM sent, thank you.

Kazuldur (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 10:57:01 PM

We completely grasp this, as we run a (quite successful) faucet list that lives on referrals. But we find the amount of the referrals quite "peculiar": 95k? 48k? 500? Shouldnt they be all around 1k?

Hmm... let's try with an example:
1. there's a faucet, which gives a constant 500 satoshi and has 20% referral
2. you create a referral link and share it all over the Internet
3. 100 people uses your link, each requesting prize 2 times. You get 20% * 500 = 100 satoshi for every prize request from every people that used your link. That totals to 100 people * 2 times * 100 satoshi = 20k satoshi.
4. You visit this faucet, claim a prize and you get 500 satoshi normal prize + 20k satoshi for referrals.

If you'd wait twice as long time and everyone of these 100 people claimed a prize 2 more times, you'd get 40k satoshi when requesting your prize.

Is that clear now?

Bitcoin Hydrant

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2014, 11:04:06 PM

Hmm... let's try with an example:
1. there's a faucet, which gives a constant 500 satoshi and has 20% referral
2. you create a referral link and share it all over the Internet
3. 100 people uses your link, each requesting prize 2 times. You get 20% * 500 = 100 satoshi for every prize request from every people that used your link. That totals to 100 people * 2 times * 100 satoshi = 20k satoshi.
4. You visit this faucet, claim a prize and you get 500 satoshi normal prize + 20k satoshi for referrals.

If you'd wait twice as long time and everyone of these 100 people claimed a prize 2 more times, you'd get 40k satoshi when requesting your prize.

Is that clear now?
This is crystal clear.

It is not clear why on most faucets I simply get the referral payout once over 1k *without* manually requesting a payout, but not in these cases.

And of course there's the issue with the strange balance...   Undecided

Kazuldur (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 11:07:27 PM

It is not clear why on most faucets I simply get the referral payout once over 1k *without* manually requesting a payout, but not in these cases.

And of course there's the issue with the strange balance...   Undecided

The FaucetBOX.com has nothing to do when a faucet sends you a referral payout or how much does it send. And it depends on the particular faucet when it'll do that. Faucet in a Box script requires you to manually request a payout, but some custom scripts don't. I'm not sure how Microfaucet works, I'd have to check that.

I've sent you a PM about the balance Smiley

Bitcoin Hydrant

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2014, 11:16:33 PM

The FaucetBOX.com has nothing to do when a faucet sends you a referral payout or how much does it send. And it depends on the particular faucet when it'll do that. Faucet in a Box script requires you to manually request a payout, but some custom scripts don't. I'm not sure how Microfaucet works, I'd have to check that.

I'm sure Microwallet was the way I describe it and the same holds true for those faucets migrated to FaucetBox.

Quote from: Microwallet script
if ($row['referral_earnings'] >= 100000) {
    $referralEarningsInSatoshi = (int) ($row['referral_earnings'] / 100);
    $result = $microwallet->sendReferralEarnings($_COOKIE['r'], $referralEarningsInSatoshi);
    if ($result['success']) {
        $escapedReferralEarnings = mysqli_real_escape_string($db, $referralEarningsInSatoshi * 100);
        mysqli_query($db, "update microfaucet_users set referral_earnings = referral_earnings - $escapedReferralEarnings where username = '$escapedR'");
     }
}

Probably only the FaucetBOX faucets created from "scratch" exhibit this behavoiur (how sad!  Embarrassed )

I've sent you a PM about the balance Smiley
Thank you for your support!

Kazuldur (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 08:16:15 AM

Probably only the FaucetBOX faucets created from "scratch" exhibit this behavoiur (how sad!  Embarrassed )

I think you'll be happy to hear, that we have a fix for that on our Roadmap Smiley. Hovewer it'll be up to faucet owners to decide if they want that, because they'll have to update the script on their servers.

MyBitMine

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 09:29:55 AM

On most faucets (those based on Microfaucet and Faucet in a Box) you must go to the faucet and claim your prize. You'll get your referral earnings as a bonus to the usual prize.

I think you have misunderstood my question Smiley
I was asking if the referral system is broken? I have shared my referral links to faucets with some people who I know has made a request in the faucets.
However, I do not see any referral payments on my address:
https://faucetbox.com/en/check/1EoHJefEoZc7v4qTRMSBNDPPiZYDj2Zo3v

NeedIfFindIt

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 11:45:06 AM

I think you have misunderstood my question Smiley
I was asking if the referral system is broken? I have shared my referral links to faucets with some people who I know has made a request in the faucets.
However, I do not see any referral payments on my address:
https://faucetbox.com/en/check/1EoHJefEoZc7v4qTRMSBNDPPiZYDj2Zo3v

FB faucets will accumulate the REF earning and will pay when YOU visit the faucet (there are scammers ofc that will either show one % and give you zero or lower %).

MF faucets will accumulate the REF earning and will pay when YOU visit the faucet (no need to enter the captcha if you want only the REF earning) OR when the earning is ABOVE 1000 satoshi (there are scammers ofc that will either show one % and give you zero or lower %).

Custom faucets. Who knows Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 74 »
  Print  

Jump to: