Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 12:37:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 74 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FaucetBOX.com - API & faucet script, create your own crypto faucet  (Read 119977 times)
elm
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 12:29:06 PM

i have allways positive balance and over 13 500 users who use it.

is this a lot? is it daily users? hourly? I am learning the faucet idea, any help is very much appreciated

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Kazuldur (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 971

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 02:40:58 PM

is this a lot? is it daily users? hourly? I am learning the faucet idea, any help is very much appreciated

I think it'd be better if you start a new thread Smiley. It's a little offtopic here, so less chance someone will answer you.

Unless stated otherwise, all opinions are of my own, not FaucetBOX.com's.
elm
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 07:15:45 PM

I think it'd be better if you start a new thread Smiley. It's a little offtopic here, so less chance someone will answer you.

no problem but I thought You could shed some light if it is worth to start a faucet and what to aim for. are You related to faucetbox? thanks
minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2015, 07:19:46 PM

no problem but I thought You could shed some light if it is worth to start a faucet and what to aim for. are You related to faucetbox? thanks
Kazuldur is the creator of Faucetbox.
elm
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 08:08:05 PM

Kazuldur is the creator of Faucetbox.

oh how nice Smiley thanks for info

I am a noob but I would like to have a faucet, and I would like to have a faucetbox faucet Smiley

thanks to minifrij ( very kind and helpful) I will need to look for a coder who can add the game I want to add to my future faucetbox faucet .
Kazuldur (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 08:47:14 PM

I see new faucets rise and fall each day. Some of them lasts only for a few days, others are here since the beginning of FaucetBOX. So I guess it all depends on the owner Smiley. If you will take care of your faucet, your users, keep promoting it in various way than it'll be successfull. The one thing I can tell from experience is not aiming for profit. Instead try to make your faucet as pleasant to use as possible. Otherwise your users will simply turn back on you.
But I never really run a typical faucet, only the old one-time-a-day ones, so your mileage may vary. That's why I simply recommend you spending a few bucks, trying to make a high-paying faucet for at least a week or two and then deciding where to go next. You'll learn fast Smiley

elm
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 09:03:17 PM

I see new faucets rise and fall each day. Some of them lasts only for a few days, others are here since the beginning of FaucetBOX. So I guess it all depends on the owner Smiley. If you will take care of your faucet, your users, keep promoting it in various way than it'll be successfull. The one thing I can tell from experience is not aiming for profit. Instead try to make your faucet as pleasant to use as possible. Otherwise your users will simply turn back on you.
But I never really run a typical faucet, only the old one-time-a-day ones, so your mileage may vary. That's why I simply recommend you spending a few bucks, trying to make a high-paying faucet for at least a week or two and then deciding where to go next. You'll learn fast Smiley

thank You for the detailed explanation. very much appreciated. actually thats what I understood from minifrij = jump in the cold water and see whats happening.
as I mentioned before I will look for a coder to add may game idea to the faucet. if I spend already some coins for a faucet I want to go online with the full faucet idea.

cheers
whitewhidow

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 09:39:20 PM

if anyone needs a dev to make changes / add implementations to their faucet site, i hereby offer my services. feel free to pm me

TO WHOEVER STOL MY ACCOUNT AND WAS NOW USING IT AS HIS OWN,   FCK OFF PLEASE   
 - The REAL WHITEWHIDOW
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 09:47:15 PM

Far too many people join in thinking they are going to get rich off it. You will never make a lot of money off a faucet by itself. They are a means to marketing, in a sense, to help drive traffic for your real money makers (like information, guides, courses, affiliates, whatever). Use the faucets as a tool, not as a generation method. They are in almost all cases going to result in a net loss, but the value they bring to the rest of your site can far exceed that.

Also, guys, if you get a new faucet set up, please toss me a PM if you plan to have it up a while. I run a faucet rotato that supports BTC, DOGE, KARM and MINT (at the moment, with more to come at some point) and I can help you with traffic as well.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 10:02:25 PM

Also, guys, if you get a new faucet set up, please toss me a PM if you plan to have it up a while. I run a faucet rotato that supports BTC, DOGE, KARM and MINT (at the moment, with more to come at some point) and I can help you with traffic as well.

If you don't have mine listed yet, here it is: http://makingmoneyhoney.com/index.php
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 10:08:13 PM

If you don't have mine listed yet, here it is: http://makingmoneyhoney.com/index.php

Thanks! You've been added, Smiley.

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 10:20:54 PM

Thanks. Smiley

Also check out our faucet list page for any links you may not have, we have a list of over 100 doge faucets, that have been tested to payout: http://makingmoneyhoney.com/dogefaucets.htm and over 55 bitcoin faucets (http://makingmoneyhoney.com/faucets.htm#Bitcoin) so far, and many others.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 10:24:05 PM

Thanks. Smiley

Also check out our faucet list page for any links you may not have, we have a list of over 100 doge faucets, that have been tested to payout: http://makingmoneyhoney.com/dogefaucets.htm and over 55 bitcoin faucets (http://makingmoneyhoney.com/faucets.htm#Bitcoin) so far, and many others.

Awesome, thanks for the list! I'll be re-writing my script soon to cover a lot more coins and reorganize the faucets. Until then, I'm mostly just taking on requests, Smiley.

elm
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 05:13:40 AM

if anyone needs a dev to make changes / add implementations to their faucet site, i hereby offer my services. feel free to pm me

did you do or help to finish any faucetbox faucet? if yes can I see any references? thanks for offering you help
elm
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 05:39:56 AM

Far too many people join in thinking they are going to get rich off it. You will never make a lot of money off a faucet by itself. They are a means to marketing, in a sense, to help drive traffic for your real money makers (like information, guides, courses, affiliates, whatever). Use the faucets as a tool, not as a generation method. They are in almost all cases going to result in a net loss, but the value they bring to the rest of your site can far exceed that.

@Kazuldur if my answer/posting is off topic please tell me and I will delete it and no hard feelings Smiley

@ranlo your posting is very discouraging for someone like me who wants to open a faucet.
They are in almost all cases going to result in a net loss
all of you are talking/writing a lot but not really helping newbies to try it the right way. I see some faucets out there having tons of traffic and should make some good money IMHO. why is no one out there explaining how they started and what to do to get a nice running faucet ? there is only one reason for this and this  that they just dont want competition. I for myself know that I have a good faucet idea to bring tons of traffic. I know marketing and know that it needs first of all investment of good coins. but I cant code and dont know whom to trust. thanks for listening/reading
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 06:59:13 AM

@Kazuldur if my answer/posting is off topic please tell me and I will delete it and no hard feelings Smiley

@ranlo your posting is very discouraging for someone like me who wants to open a faucet.
They are in almost all cases going to result in a net loss
all of you are talking/writing a lot but not really helping newbies to try it the right way. I see some faucets out there having tons of traffic and should make some good money IMHO. why is no one out there explaining how they started and what to do to get a nice running faucet ? there is only one reason for this and this  that they just dont want competition. I for myself know that I have a good faucet idea to bring tons of traffic. I know marketing and know that it needs first of all investment of good coins. but I cant code and dont know whom to trust. thanks for listening/reading

You're right. I hate competition. I absolutely loathe having more faucets to add to my rotator.

Seriously, read what you're writing.

I already told you how to do it "the right way." You use a faucet as a way to generate traffic - not income. Ad money from faucets is almost nonexistent. And yes, I personally know of a few sites that are pulling in 200k+ a year in profit. But I'll give you a hint: they are losing money on the faucets themselves; their benefit comes from increased traffic to other areas of their sites.

I'm not going to sit around BUILDING businesses for you and making them profitable, as that'd be absurd. That's up to you. Again, faucets are a tool - not something that should be made for direct profit.

whitewhidow

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 12:32:37 PM

Facuetbox,

I just performed a payout to a user, is was deducted from my balance, but it does not seem to be showing up in the users balance on faucetbox ?

Is there a delay ? (last time it seemed there was not).

THx in advance

- The REAL WHITEWHIDOW
Kazuldur (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 12:49:15 PM

Facuetbox,

I just performed a payout to a user, is was deducted from my balance, but it does not seem to be showing up in the users balance on faucetbox ?

Is there a delay ? (last time it seemed there was not).

THx in advance

There's no delay. What's the user address, amount and UTC time of the payout? Also does it show up when you click "Payouts" in your Dashboard next to your faucet?

voephilis

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 12:51:41 PM

really like your service Smiley installed one on blog.btcgermany.eu/faucet
whitewhidow

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 01:07:50 PM

Amount 8406 satoshi    Date 2015-01-02 11:06:15

it is showing on my payouts page, but not in the users faucetbox

- The REAL WHITEWHIDOW
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 74 »
  Print  

Jump to: