Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:44:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 [132] 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 ... 470 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FACTOM - Introducing Honesty to Record-Keeping  (Read 2115838 times)
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 04:50:00 PM

To tell u the truth, that s my feeling exactly, that the team does not give a shit about Factom community. They needed us during the fund gathering phase but now final consumers are what they care about.

Yes, I d gladly sell now but the demand s so weak I dont want to crash the price and lose money. So I have to find another way.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Freckleg

Activity: 508
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 05:41:49 PM

To tell u the truth, that s my feeling exactly, that the team does not give a shit about Factom community. They needed us during the fund gathering phase but now final consumers are what they care about.

Yes, I d gladly sell now but the demand s so weak I dont want to crash the price and lose money. So I have to find another way.

Do you actually read any of the posts of other people? You sound like a spoiled kid turned into a broken record
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 05:49:43 PM

Selling now would be a big mistake.  This has the biggest growth potential of any altcoin - more so even than ether.  The reasons have been clearly stated in the various posts by people like Tempus.  It would be like selling Bitcoin when it was worth a dollar.
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 05:52:04 PM

You are funny. Everybody who bought into the ICO is more than just safe in the profit zone. Calculate it! Some weeks ago I was critical about the wallet because it didn't work for me and some others but now it's all fine. To say they don't give a shit is simply not true. They just don't do babysitting.  

The last update was this:

Our latest binaries v0.3.7.0 have been released, read more about it on our blog:

https://www.factom.com/factom-technical-update-binaries-v0-3-7/

That's 10 days ago.

What do you expect? That they post their diaries?

And, don't take it personal, but it seems as if you want them to work, so you can be happy about a rising price, while you didn't do your homework very well. Just look above, your theory about the price. I understand that Factom can be confusing for those who are new to it, but those who are invested since some time should know that stuff.

And do they work? Today is Sunday, but obviously yes:

factomd
Milestone2 work
Updated 20 minutes ago
https://github.com/FactomProject/
crazyivan
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 06:20:43 PM

Do you actually read any of the posts of other people? You sound like a spoiled kid turned into a broken record

Put your money where your mouth is. Buy all of my Factom at current market price and then u take care of the record.

crazyivan
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 06:28:33 PM

You are funny. Everybody who bought into the ICO is more than just safe in the profit zone. Calculate it! Some weeks ago I was critical about the wallet because it didn't work for me and some others but now it's all fine. To say they don't give a shit is simply not true. They just don't do babysitting.  

Our latest binaries v0.3.7.0 have been released, read more about it on our blog:

That's 10 days ago.

And, don't take it personal, but it seems as if you want them to work, so you can be happy about a rising price, while you didn't do your homework very well. Just look above, your theory about the price. I understand that Factom can be confusing for those who are new to it, but those who are invested since some time should know that stuff.

factomd
Milestone2 work
Updated 20 minutes ago

What do I expect? I expect them to follow fucking deadlines. The deadline for M2 was Q1, that was 35 days ago. All we ve got since then is "just around the corner". The only reason why I ve got into Factom is cause the team sold me the story about honesty, hard work, innovations and dedication. For now, I see only empty promises and that stuff I ve seen with almost any other coin including Josh Homero Garza and his Paycoin. So pls, spare me just around the corner stuff and let me know when we re going to see M2.

Nothing personal but compared to Ether and the amount of work and project produced by their team, Factom s kindergarten. And yes, I am a competitive person, I like to see my own team wins.

Freckleg

Activity: 508
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 07:16:09 PM

That's 10 days ago.

factomd
Milestone2 work
Updated 20 minutes ago

What do I expect? I expect them to follow fucking deadlines. The deadline for M2 was Q1, that was 35 days ago. All we ve got since then is "just around the corner". The only reason why I ve got into Factom is cause the team sold me the story about honesty, hard work, innovations and dedication. For now, I see only empty promises and that stuff I ve seen with almost any other coin including Josh Homero Garza and his Paycoin. So pls, spare me just around the corner stuff and let me know when we re going to see M2.

Nothing personal but compared to Ether and the amount of work and project produced by their team, Factom s kindergarten. And yes, I am a competitive person, I like to see my own team wins.

well we have a merge from m2 to master a few days ago, and now readme's are being updated. So I would expect just around the corner is in fact just around the corner. With the >30 days delay.....better have good software than buggy software, nothing is more harmful than a bad release. It'll come when it is ready
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 07:34:11 PM

That's 10 days ago.

factomd
Milestone2 work
Updated 20 minutes ago

I can't let you know when M2 will be released because I don't know it. I'm not from Factom. I believe they can't predict that safely themselves. They do testing and they won't release it until it's totally stable. And everybody should want exactly that: That they do it as perfect as it can be. Factom is already used (or tested, not sure) by some bigger companies. They can't rush things out because some would like to see a pump in price or because of comparisons with Ethereum.

Btw: Ethereum was announced 1 year before Factom! At the same time Factom is most likely earlier at a stage that it really can (and will) be used.

And to say you would just see empty promises like it was known from Mr. Garza and XPY. Sorry, but that is a 12 on a Ignorance-scale from 1-10.  
Factom is the total opposite to those kind of projects. And they already have delivered a lot. I don't know of any project with that much progress on all fronts. They are constantly working on the tech, they are constantly working on the business-side and I don't see any reason to complain about the price.

And just btw: Last year, after Factom got my attention because they hit Polo, there were also some complaining. The price even went down below ICO-price and the volume was below 5 Bitcoin for a lot of days. I bought at any price, because I figured one thing: Factom never got the attention out of the crypto-community it deserved. The ICO can hardly be called successful. But exactly that was and is a big opportunity. Why? Because the ICO was also the decision about total supply and marketcap. It was totally undervalued.

How is the market-situation now? On a higher level but the same regarding the principle. The total supply was traded multiple times at the current price range (subtract the last pump which had nothing to do with development, just hyping/manipulation). The rising Bitcoin-price is pressure on all others but it's not safe that Bitcoin won't come under pressure itself. Some big ICO-projects (like Lisk) could cash out. The Blocksize-problem is still not solved. Maybe another Satoshi will confuse us all... That's why I stay in Factom. And I believe: It won't need much and it will shoot up. Maybe this month, maybe next month, maybe in October. I'm happy if it's stable where it is. The rest is patience.

And: If the Bitcoin-price should explode because of the halving, ETH will come under pressure. ETH could come under pressure because of the DAO-ICO as well. The Factoid-price also would suffer because of that and already did. But: Differently to Ethereum a rising Bitcoin would be free PR for Factom, because Factom is seen as connected to Bitcoin while Ethereum is seen as a competitor while it's not really a competitor to Factom. Think about that.

But, just to say that as well: I don't write all this to avoid that you sell. If somebody would like to dump his FCT's it wouldn't change one bit, just the distribution.

whiteorg72

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 04:07:21 AM

Very bad that now can not see the exact amount factoids that remained. Before this could be done through the Factom explorer, but somehow this line was removed from there. Angry
BrianDeery

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 04:21:54 AM

Very bad that now can not see the exact amount factoids that remained. Before this could be done through the Factom explorer, but somehow this line was removed from there. Angry

run factomd and fctwallet then run:
Code:
factom-cli properties
whiteorg72

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 04:23:26 AM

Has anyone drew attention on DigixDAO on the Ethereum platform. Now costs more Ethereum. Wink
crazyivan
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 07:46:27 AM

Has anyone drew attention on DigixDAO on the Ethereum platform. Now costs more Ethereum. Wink

That kind of projects is what I talk about when comparing Ether and Factom. Dao s withdrawing a lot of Ether from the market, really a lot. Also, general idea about being the vessel for innovations s quite nice.

I do agree with Tempus that BTC price growth might put lots of pressure on Ether price but these kind of project act as a counterweight. Also, there s no indication Factom will face anything different if BTC price goes up cause what I ve seen so far, Ether and Factom move more less in the same direction vis a vis BTC price.

MyFarm

Activity: 854

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 02:39:29 PM

Market is looking a bit unhealthy.  I suspect we'll be dropping below $1.00/FCT short term.  Long term I'm of course bullish.
whiteorg72

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 03:40:33 PM

Market is looking a bit unhealthy.  I suspect we'll be dropping below $1.00/FCT short term.  Long term I'm of course bullish.

Big fall before the big climb. M2 on the approach. Bitcoin history may be repeat. Grin
Mrboot
Legendary

Activity: 1204

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 04:14:33 PM

Market is looking a bit unhealthy.  I suspect we'll be dropping below $1.00/FCT short term.  Long term I'm of course bullish.

Big fall before the big climb. M2 on the approach. Bitcoin history may be repeat. Grin

$1200 Wink would be nice, what will i buy first then.
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 05:16:44 PM

That's the problem - people assume everything will move up constantly in a linear fashion.  Instead of seeing price falls as a good chance to buy, they buy at the top and then panic sell at the bottom.
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 05:20:57 PM

The falling FCT-price has nothing to do with Factom. It's because of the rising Bitcoin-price.
Mrboot
Legendary

Activity: 1204

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 08:31:41 PM

That's the problem - people assume everything will move up constantly in a linear fashion.  Instead of seeing price falls as a good chance to buy, they buy at the top and then panic sell at the bottom.

The price now doesnt matter a lot the usage will increase the price and that takes time, We just need to be patient.
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2016, 11:28:20 PM

I've been in, buying some. Reloading, really.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

whiteorg72

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 07:04:58 AM

The falling FCT-price has nothing to do with Factom. It's because of the rising Bitcoin-price.
Price factoids falls not because of Bitcoins (the cost of Bitcoin has risen slightly), but due to the fact that there is no further progress which would be seen, Milestone 2 simply can not finish, to go to the Milestone 3.
Now the Factom team stuck with Milestone 2 and some people think that they will mark time with the Milestone 2 for a long time, there is some doubt that they will be able to finish it. Therefore, the cost falls factoids, Bitcoin only slightly affect the price cut.
Pages: « 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 [132] 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 ... 470 »
  Print  

Jump to: