Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:31:52 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 [133] 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 ... 470 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FACTOM - Introducing Honesty to Record-Keeping  (Read 2115845 times)
Mrboot
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 08:43:53 AM

The falling FCT-price has nothing to do with Factom. It's because of the rising Bitcoin-price.
Price factoids falls not because of Bitcoins (the cost of Bitcoin has risen slightly), but due to the fact that there is no further progress which would be seen, Milestone 2 simply can not finish, to go to the Milestone 3.
Now the Factom team stuck with Milestone 2 and some people think that they will mark time with the Milestone 2 for a long time, there is some doubt that they will be able to finish it. Therefore, the cost falls factoids, Bitcoin only slightly affect the price cut.

I Think bitcoin price do influance it, and you know what they say buy when blood is on the street sell on news Wink.

I think Factom have two possibilitys

one;
It will gain adoption in the business world and they deliver what they promise, then factom gonna be huge and then i dont mean $10 but 10 times that. But with that you hav to count in at least 2 years

Two;
They cant deliver and company's wont use it and it keeps floating around this price. what compared to the EC usage atm is overpriced. So it can easly drop much more.
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 05:06:58 PM

I agree with you. The current development of Factom somehow remembers me to the development of Counterparty. The devs got stuck at a particular point and then there was no more real progress for a couple of months. I personally think about to decrease my stack, too, but I still gonna wait a couple of days, maybe weeks.

The falling FCT-price has nothing to do with Factom. It's because of the rising Bitcoin-price.
Price factoids falls not because of Bitcoins (the cost of Bitcoin has risen slightly), but due to the fact that there is no further progress which would be seen, Milestone 2 simply can not finish, to go to the Milestone 3.
Now the Factom team stuck with Milestone 2 and some people think that they will mark time with the Milestone 2 for a long time, there is some doubt that they will be able to finish it. Therefore, the cost falls factoids, Bitcoin only slightly affect the price cut.
CocoLibre

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 05:39:24 PM

Keep the FUD up, I need some cheap FCT around $1 before the barrage of news hits. For those who forget go back in the thread to mid dec 2015 and look at the despondency and complete capitulation into the lows; smart money scooped up their fear and once again smart money is buying from the fear/impatient at a discount.
whiteorg72

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 02:38:40 AM

Keep the FUD up, I need some cheap FCT around $1 before the barrage of news hits. For those who forget go back in the thread to mid dec 2015 and look at the despondency and complete capitulation into the lows; smart money scooped up their fear and once again smart money is buying from the fear/impatient at a discount.
All right. I bought last year factoids at an average price of 11 cents per factoid when many despaired and sold below the price ICO. Grin
whiteorg72

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 02:43:51 AM

Happy Bday to Factom Senior QA Analyst Veena Gondkar, thanks for all your hard work!
https://twitter.com/factomproject
https://twitter.com/veenagondkar

If you look at the photo, it can be seen in the Factom team has become more and more people.
I hope the celebration of birthdays and various anniversaries will not affect the basic work above M2. Wink
GetVisaCoin

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 02:05:06 PM

Happy Bday to Factom Senior QA Analyst Veena Gondkar, thanks for all your hard work!
https://twitter.com/veenagondkar

If you look at the photo, it can be seen in the Factom team has become more and more people.
I hope the celebration of birthdays and various anniversaries will not affect the basic work above M2. Wink

happy people, nice Smiley
whiteorg72

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 02:45:00 PM

State of Blockchain Q1 2016: Blockchain Funding Overtakes Bitcoin.
http://www.coindesk.com/state-of-blockchain-q1-2016/

crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 04:49:32 PM

This is all very nice and dandy but there s still only one question on the table. M2?

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
CocoLibre

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 08:59:51 PM

Usage chart was updated with two new user application entries, Synapse and Aliyun. Looks like just a few test entries so far

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RUZLxxoAfT3C5jIJ144DLYdztYe_sqrKqbTlZuD05-s/edit#gid=445871101
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 10:40:46 PM

This is all very nice and dandy but there s still only one question on the table. M2?

I think you should just sell your Factom as you obviously no longer believe in the project.
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 06:22:04 AM

I think you should just sell your Factom as you obviously no longer believe in the project.

It s not that I do not believe in the project. All my other project I m involved with, I get to have a daily or at least weekly communication with the DEV team. With Factom team, it s once a month, maybe, if they feel like it. This makes me feel they care more about end users then Factoid holders which s also acceptable from business point of view.

However, this is not ACCEPTABLE from my point of view. Still, no point in polluting the thread with this argument, I understand I am not relevant for Factom at all so let s drop it.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 09:35:05 AM

Usage chart was updated with two new user application entries, Synapse and Aliyun. Looks like just a few test entries so far

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RUZLxxoAfT3C5jIJ144DLYdztYe_sqrKqbTlZuD05-s/edit#gid=445871101

Wow, that are good news! It's presumably just testing at the moment, but definitely promising.

Not sure if it's about those two companies, but if, it would be great:

http://www.thesynapses.com/home

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yun_OS (....also called Aliyun OS)
whiteorg72

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 01:13:31 PM
Last edit: May 12, 2016, 08:51:20 PM by whiteorg72

The ATXalist (AUSTIN A-LIST 2016) “emerging” startup winners are embarkvet, Factom project, theIdealSpot and re_3D.
http://austinalist2016.splashthat.com/twitter
https://twitter.com/hashtag/ATXalist

Factom made the A-List AustinChamber: 12 innovative companies named the Hottest Startups.
http://www.austinchamber.com/monkeewrench/files/news_items/A-List_Awards_Release-FINAL_2016.pdf

whiteorg72

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 08:56:14 PM

On MyABJ: "Meet 12 Austin startups with breakout potential”.
http://www.bizjournals.com/austin/blog/techflash/2016/05/meet-12-austin-startups-with-breakout-potential.html

GetVisaCoin

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 12:10:19 AM

It s not that I do not believe in the project. All my other project I m involved with, I get to have a daily or at least weekly communication with the DEV team. With Factom team, it s once a month, maybe, if they feel like it. This makes me feel they care more about end users then Factoid holders which s also acceptable from business point of view.

However, this is not ACCEPTABLE from my point of view. Still, no point in polluting the thread with this argument, I understand I am not relevant for Factom at all so let s drop it.

crazyivan has a valid point, the interests of Factoid speculative holders is different to Factoid users now, so there is some conflict of interests here. I am a speculator too as I bought in the ico before everything was known, like everyone else, and I don't see myself using factoids anytime soon for their intended purpose. I want Factoids to moon so I make some returns, but the dev team probably don't care about that. Factoid users probaby want stable price.
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 01:06:19 AM

crazyivan has a valid point, the interests of Factoid speculative holders is different to Factoid users now, so there is some conflict of interests here. I am a speculator too as I bought in the ico before everything was known, like everyone else, and I don't see myself using factoids anytime soon for their intended purpose. I want Factoids to moon so I make some returns, but the dev team probably don't care about that. Factoid users probaby want stable price.

There is no conflict of interest because between Investors in Factoids and User of Factom. User don't need to care about the price of Factoids. For them it's always about the price of Entry Credits which are fixed: $0.001 They don't even need to know about the existence of Factoids. They can buy EC's with Dollar - Credit-Card etc.

If there is a conflict, than it's about short- and longterm-investors. Short-term-speculation needs news, as much attention as possible, "hype" and "soon". For them it's about the communication of a team. Often enough they buy the announcement of an announcement to sell into the real release (buy the rumor, sell the news). Longterm-Investors want to see the real value increase: The use of the system. So, the system is priority. Second: Business side... partnerships. 

And kind of funny but also kind of weird is how Crypto changed/changes the feeling of time. A month is a year, so there should be something to celebrate at least once a month (exchange-christmas). I know that feeling. But for those who do all the work, a month is still a month.

YoyodyneSystems
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1023

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 08:04:20 AM

Just a comment on price :

Bitcoin is in a cooling phase now for at least the next 3-4 weeks. Probably staying in the 440-460 range for up to the next month.
There is an opportunity for alt coin prices to take advantage of this window.

You may see Factom rise in this time frame Smiley
As well as some other alts.
GetVisaCoin

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 09:20:18 AM

There is no conflict of interest because between Investors in Factoids and User of Factom. User don't need to care about the price of Factoids. For them it's always about the price of Entry Credits which are fixed: $0.001 They don't even need to know about the existence of Factoids. They can buy EC's with Dollar - Credit-Card etc.

If there is a conflict, than it's about short- and longterm-investors. Short-term-speculation needs news, as much attention as possible, "hype" and "soon". For them it's about the communication of a team. Often enough they buy the announcement of an announcement to sell into the real release (buy the rumor, sell the news). Longterm-Investors want to see the real value increase: The use of the system. So, the system is priority. Second: Business side... partnerships. 

And kind of funny but also kind of weird is how Crypto changed/changes the feeling of time. A month is a year, so there should be something to celebrate at least once a month (exchange-christmas). I know that feeling. But for those who do all the work, a month is still a month.

Good post! I didn't realise entry credits had a fixed price, and I agree that crypto time is accelerated to ridiculous extremes now where days feel like months in other industries. I consider myself a long term speculator, so I'm holding factoids for at least 1-2 years. I suppose anyone who doesn't day trade is thinking something similar now, hold until crypto is mainstream, then sell a % for a life changing return
2c0de

Activity: 138
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 01:01:43 PM

As a developer, I feel that Factom has a huge potential.

From record keeping to a trustless certification authority, the future is now.

DHjxvnHB9RirtPbvkovSotn1fY2poNffoi
LWeT4wwDVdJ9x49UcXPyS6CznRpbQFM6nx
0x96273C2FD825f0A2745d917bbbfabD6032dC1aDD
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 03:41:34 PM

Good post! I didn't realise entry credits had a fixed price, and I agree that crypto time is accelerated to ridiculous extremes now where days feel like months in other industries. I consider myself a long term speculator, so I'm holding factoids for at least 1-2 years. I suppose anyone who doesn't day trade is thinking something similar now, hold until crypto is mainstream, then sell a % for a life changing return

My strategy is nearly always the same: I buy into a project that I see as promising and then I watch the development over time. And that's never boring, because I highly focus on "context". Every piece of information, even if it doesn't seem to be directly relevant for a specific project, can be helpful to get a bigger picture, which is needed to evaluate correctly what is relevant. And over time it all together becomes clearer. In some projects I believe to see more negative than positive signs and I sell. In some it's the other way around and I buy more.

In Factom I bought nearly to all prices. Most of my FCT's in the first three months after launch, but I also bought in early January and I bought the last weeks after the "pump-n-dump" in march.

I still believe that a lot of ppl come to wrong conclusions about Factom because they try to understand and evaluate it out of a wrong context. But Crypto has already changed and Factom is one of the projects that are different, not just the system but also the team. Exactly that is good and not bad.

Pages: « 1 ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 [133] 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 ... 470 »
  Print  

Jump to: