Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:55:10 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 268 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay |Decentralized Marketplace|Smart Contracts|IoT Tech|Markets Open  (Read 339417 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Koontas

Activity: 784
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 11:28:51 PM

How much coins will stay by the development team?

What is the timeline for all this fantatsic features? Will you be able to deliver this things before Ethereum and NXT?

We'll have coins set aside for different parts of the project. Some coins will be sold immediately for working capital. For a time line, we can tell you that before the new year you'll have a new client that is multi-coin, has smart contracts and a marketplace.

I'm assuming you're referring to the BTC raised during the ICO here?

Don't trust any exchange!
Momimaus

Activity: 767
Merit: 500

Never back down !!!

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 11:29:48 PM

What is the timeline for all this fantatsic features? Will you be able to deliver this things before Ethereum and NXT?

We'll have coins set aside for different parts of the project. Some coins will be sold immediately for working capital. For a time line, we can tell you that before the new year you'll have a new client that is multi-coin, has smart contracts and a marketplace.

Coins? How much? Percentages please?

And don´t you think that 64s blocktime is way to slow for festures like marketplace and smart contracts?

CoinTracking.info - Your personal Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Tool for all Digital Coins
CoinTracking is analyzing all your trades and generates in real time tons of useful information such as the profit / loss of your trades, your balances, realized and unrealized gains, reports for tax declaration and many more. For Bitcoin and over 3000 altcoins, assets and commodities.
Get 10% discount for all packages or create your own affiliate link to get 20% for every sale.
BitBay Team (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 11:31:49 PM

That information will be kept private. I'm sure you understand.
Momimaus

Activity: 767

Never back down !!!

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 11:38:03 PM

Of course I don´t understand. Why should someone invest if he doesn´t know how many coins will be holded by devs (and take this risk of being dumped to death)?

And I don´t know what percentage of all coins I will get if I invest?Huh??

CoinTracking.info - Your personal Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Tool for all Digital Coins
CoinTracking is analyzing all your trades and generates in real time tons of useful information such as the profit / loss of your trades, your balances, realized and unrealized gains, reports for tax declaration and many more. For Bitcoin and over 3000 altcoins, assets and commodities.
Get 10% discount for all packages or create your own affiliate link to get 20% for every sale.
passive-aggresive

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 11:44:40 PM

Of course I don´t understand. Why should someone invest if he doesn´t know how many coins will be holded by devs (and take this risk of being dumped to death)?

There are 0 BAY coins kept by the devs. They are getting BTC not BAY. It is understandable why they will not tell you, how the btc will be distributed...

so what is they incentive 2 keep devving after ico?  Grin  Grin  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
issie81

Activity: 760

CryptoZilla

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 11:47:22 PM

Looks like all 3000BTC are going to be sold out:)
this is sick but i kinda like it haha
altcoinUK

Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 11:48:01 PM

And don´t you think that 64s blocktime is way to slow for festures like marketplace and smart contracts?

I was just about to ask this too. 10 confirmations too?

I was about to asking this too. I am very interested in hardware and IoT related coins, this is definitely the future, I like the BitBay, TileCoin and GadgetCoin projects.

The key question is, do these coins will work at all? If you want to operate a hardware you need real time control. If you want to turn off/on the light or execute a servo motor or open a hardware controlled door the real time control is a must. This coin claims 60 seconds confirmation time, Tile Coin claims 24 seconds transaction time (in the future) and GadgetCoin claims 1 second transaction time. As we all know, in hardware world even 1 second is very long time :-)))

As I said I am very interested, but I would like to see how the smart contract works in practice with BitBay, TileCoin and GadgetCoin. Probably all of them have future but the transaction time will be key in deciding which will be the most successful.

Koontas

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 11:49:45 PM

I'd LOVE to know how you came to that conclusion.  From what I can see, this will not reach even half the 3000 BTC and I am perfectly fine with that. 

issie81

Activity: 760

CryptoZilla

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 11:53:07 PM

I'd LOVE to know how you came to that conclusion.  From what I can see, this will not reach even half the 3000 BTC and I am perfectly fine with that. 

0.00000257 736415178.257 coin 1892.58701BTC
AFAIK there are all ready sold 1107.50 BTC this ICO has yet to complete the first day, the ICO will last till 15nov
Don't forget the rush all ICOs have at the end of the deadline it will be smashed... so can we say IF the 3000BTC is met, we have the biggest succesfull ICO ever?
Koontas

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 11:55:29 PM

I'd LOVE to know how you came to that conclusion.  From what I can see, this will not reach even half the 3000 BTC and I am perfectly fine with that.  

0.00000257 736415178.257 coin 1892.58701BTC
AFAIK there are all ready sold 1107.50 BTC this ICO has yet to complete the first day, the ICO will last till 15nov
Don't forget the rush all ICOs have at the end of the deadline it will be smashed... so can we say IF the 3000BTC is met, we have the biggest succesfull ICO ever?

Nope.  Try again.  

That is NOT how purchasing generally goes during ICO's...  Big interest to start, drastically declines then picks up a little bit at the end.  

I'm not being a naysayer but your justification is just wrong.  

Also, there has been 662 btc of volume, not 1107.50 btc.

levinhostar

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 11:59:37 PM

they obv. faked the vol. on bter. GL guys.
altcoinUK

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 12:05:08 AM

If the ICO reaches 2000 BTC then that will indicate an enormous market acceptance and then I should be definitely part of this project! :-)))

Could we get clarification about the confirmation (block, transaction) times, how does that works with the hardware, i.e. is the hardware idle until the transaction is confirmed and when can we see a working software please?

I should ask these questions in the TileCoin and GadgetCoin thread as well ... I am betting on these coins.
Mig-23
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 01:06:08 AM

its very long time if ico presale only on one place
bter
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 01:06:49 AM

What is the timeline for all this fantastic features? Will you be able to deliver these things before Ethereum and NXT?

BitHalo and BlackHalo were proudly a year ahead of Etherium but nobody noticed it. I'm capable of doing so many more advance contracts but my project just never got the attention or funding because I was new to the scene and Vitalik was around for years.

So the smart contracts are done. But there will be more types of contracts to come on top of that layer. I can add loops and I even know how to decentralize a fork. But im focusing on getting what I promised done first.
BTC-Ninja

Activity: 40

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 01:06:56 AM

IDK I'm really this one. I bought in and thinking it will be an epic ride as these things come to fruition.
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 01:10:12 AM

I cant understand this anonymous thing or the zero knowledge. If I sell you an Iphone, I have to send it somewhere right ? Hence, I know the buyer, but he doesnt know the seller.

Hi there, for info on ZERO can you please check my site BlackHalo.infp?! You will see there is a link to a pdf "How to explain Zero to your kids" and its a story of AliBaba and the 40 theives. Fantastic read. I promise after reading you will understand and LOVE zero knowledge proof.
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 01:14:08 AM

I was just about to ask this too. 10 confirmations too?

No it isnt too slow. Just go ahead and test a Blackcoin contract. Confirmations are about the same so is Blocktimes. You can fund and complete a contract before the first Bitcoin block. It all depends i suppose on how many confirmations you set the client for because it can even send on one confirmation.
dzimbeck
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 01:17:42 AM

This is inaccurate, im being contracted in BTC not bay. Also, if you read OP you will see that if we dont sell out (which I'm now thinking we will anyways), then all the unused coins will be burned. So nobody gets them. I will go ahead and have them confirm this here.
BitBay Team (OP)

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 01:21:30 AM

This is inaccurate, im being contracted in BTC not bay. Also, if you read OP you will see that if we dont sell out (which I'm now thinking we will anyways), then all the unused coins will be burned. So nobody gets them. I will go ahead and have them confirm this here.

This is accurate. Any unsold coins will be burned.
altcoinUK

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 01:41:36 AM

So could you answer please one of the most important questions for the IoT feature: how the software works terms of real time hardware control. So far none of the IoT coins (BitBay, TileCoin, GadgetCoin) answered  this question and I hope you have the answer.

Let see a very simple and basic IoT sample, you have a light switch controlled by an Internet of Things Zigbee switch sensor, how do you turn on/off the light, do you wait 60 seconds until the transaction is included in the blockchain or do you have a workaround to complete the smart contract quicker to execute the hardware control?

I am very interested in your coin :-)) it is a great project and I am sure you have managed to make it work and it would be great to know how the solution works before making a decision about investing in the coin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 268 »
  Print  

Jump to: