Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:25:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 268 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBay |Decentralized Marketplace|Smart Contracts|IoT Tech|Markets Open  (Read 339389 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
VampiricElder

Activity: 495
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 12:52:42 AM

NICE

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitbay/

♥♥♥ BitBay ♥♥♥

Awesome, they added Bitbay less than 24 hours after i sent my application, good times ahead! Cheesy

#   Name   Market       Cap                    Price                           Available Supply             Volume (24h)                 
28    BitBay BitBay    $ 1,072,101    $ 0.001072                    1,000,000,518 BAY *          $ 34,291

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Baghead

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 12:56:39 AM

NICE

♥♥♥ BitBay ♥♥♥

Awesome, they added Bitbay less than 24 hours after i sent my application, good times ahead! Cheesy

Niceone Vamp, what is also awsome>> Proactive investers like many here! i have a feeling of good times ahead also. Well done bud
VampiricElder

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 01:03:47 AM

NICE

♥♥♥ BitBay ♥♥♥

Niceone Vamp, what is also awsome>> Proactive investers like many here! i have a feeling of good times ahead also. Well done bud

You and everyone here are welcome Smiley
And yes u are right about proactive investors, we should help the developers get this off the ground by spreading the word, informing sites/exchanges, advertising/promoting, im keen to watch our graph on coinmarketcap.com shoot up through the roof and smash through the moon all the way to Pluto lol

First destination: To the moon (.001 btc)
Second destination: Pluto (.002btc)

Tongue
JackTheShipper

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 01:21:12 AM

Anyone have any feedback on the staking specifics - like the user's weight vs. the network weight, etc?

I don't feel that fat; do I look fat? ~  Embarrassed  Tongue

Thanks,
Scott-

https://i.imgur.com/220qpYB.png

Yeah some documentation would be nice.
Mig-23
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 01:26:15 AM

when more exchange will be available ?
VampiricElder

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 01:26:38 AM

Anyone have any feedback on the staking specifics - like the user's weight vs. the network weight, etc?

I don't feel that fat; do I look fat? ~  Embarrassed  Tongue

Thanks,
Scott-

I copy and pasted this from this link for you  http://wiki.hobonickels.info/index.php?title=Proof_of_Stake
I hope this helps you and gives you a better understanding.
Btw im not endorsing Hobonickles, never used it, but this site has the answer youre looking for after i googled it for you.

Proof of Stake

Hobonickels use a Proof of Stake system, coupled with Proof of Work. Proof of Stake (PoS) is an energy efficient method of securing a coin's block chain. Typically crypto-currencies use Proof of Work (PoW) blocks that reward miners for using their valuable computing power creating hashes to confirm and create coinbase transactions and therefore maintaining the blockchain. PoS mining does not require the intense computing to secure the block chain, it instead requires a small amount of CPU power, and some coins, to create new blocks within the network.

Benefits of Proof of Stake

A benefit of PoS system in comparison to PoW is that PoW alone can be prone to 51% attacks. A 51% attack is when a node, or a network of nodes, are able to achieve over 51% of the network hashing power of a particular coin, and therefore able to control the majority of the security of the particular coin allowing for dual transactions, chain forking, and other damaging attacks. To launch a 51% attack on a PoS coin the attacker would need both 51% of the network hash and a high percentage of the network stake weight. This creates a significant obstacle to potential attacks, as the attacker would need to acquire the coins in some way, either spending a lot of hashing power or buying them. An attack on a PoS coin would be against the interest of the attacker because it would damage the coin they hold.
Minting Proof of Stake Blocks

To mine PoS blocks, you must hold your coins in a wallet client or coin daemon. In order for coins to begin minting they must be held in a wallet that is not encrypted that is connected to the network after it has matured (10 days for HoboNickels).
Coin Age

Letting coin blocks age is vital to successfully staking. The age of a block of coin is measured in terms of stake weight. Stake weight is calculated by taking the amount of coins held in a single block and multiplying it by the number of days that have passed. As simple arithmetic confirms, holding more coins in one block of coin will produce a higher stake weight and therefore will be more likely to stake close to the ten days.
Staking HoboNickels

HoboNickels become eligible for stake, or "mature", after 10 days. Although a block of HBN may be eligible for stake, they are not guaranteed to stake right away. Mature blocks are competing with other mature blocks to successfully stake. Blocks with the highest stake weight have the highest chances of staking. Staking smaller blocks can take 20+ days depending on block size, the time connected to the network attempting to stake, and the network stake weight.

Currently successful stakes give 100% annual stake (or ~2% per 10 day stake) of the total amount of coins that are in the block staking. The stake reward can differ depending on the network difficulty, when the network difficulty is low staking can reach upwards of 100% annually, when network difficulty is high staking can be as low as 1% annually.

After a successful stake, the coins will be split into two blocks. If an HBN block stakes it will be destroyed and the wallet will be given two equal sized blocks containing the stake reward and the split the original coin count. A likely staking scenario would be a 1,000 HBN block that stakes on day ten and turns into two blocks of 510 HBN. The coin age cycle restarts after staking and the two new blocks will be ready to stake in another 10+ days.
Outgoing Transactions and Age

Outgoing transactions destroy the coin-days of a given block and will prevent HBN blocks from staking because the block is destroyed and replaced by one or two more blocks. For example a wallet that holds a 1,000 HBN block that has aged for five days and is then sent to another address will be destroyed by the network and then deliver a new block to the recipient address thus resetting the coin age to 0. If a wallet holds a 1,000 HBN block and transfers 30 HBN of the block to another address then the block will be destroyed and a new block of 30 HBN will be delivered to the recipient address and a "change" block will be added to the sender's wallet with 970 HBN minus transaction fees.
Incoming Transactions and Age

Incoming transactions do not change coin age. An incoming transaction adds additional coin blocks to a wallet, existing blocks are not altered and continue to age.
Coin Control

It is recommended to utilize coin control when sending HBN in order to optimize the staking process by selected coins of lower coin age or closer to the amount needed to be sent preventing the software to split a mature or almost mature block.
Wallet Setup
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 01:27:28 AM

I been watching this thread since page 10, was tempted to buy in at the ICO but sadly I was not around for those days. Now I'm back and I believe there's no better time to buy some then today... As soon as I get back to my room ima be buying a few bitbay to add to my cryptocoin collection.

I think this coin has a bright future but who knows how long till everyone realizes how life-changing this coin, marketplace and smart contracts really are.

Good luck bay team and god speed.

PSA... This is not a group play of mine. This is a personal investment im making. Please dont ask me "when are you gonna pump bay" or "how long till bay hits x amount" because that kinda shit pisses me off.

Later.

KC6TTR

Activity: 434
Merit: 259

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 01:29:16 AM

Hi Scott i received the 5 Bay bud but i cannot find your address to send back sorry, i am such a noob lol If you can message me or put a receiving address here so i will copy paste and send straight back. Mick

As shown, the sending address is the same as the receiving address and visa versa. You can make additional addresses in your wallet and use those as well if you wish.

No need to return anything. Consider it a tip and verification my wallet is working fine of the sending side.  Wink

Scott-

KC6TTR

Activity: 434
Merit: 259

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 01:33:37 AM
Last edit: November 17, 2014, 01:46:33 AM by KC6TTR

I don't feel that fat; do I look fat? ~  Embarrassed  Tongue

Thanks,
Scott-

I copy and pasted this from this link for you  http://wiki.hobonickels.info/index.php?title=Proof_of_Stake
I hope this helps you and gives you a better understanding.
Btw im not endorsing Hobonickles, never used it, but this site has the answer youre looking for after i googled it for you.

Nice, thanks. ^5
 Smiley
Scott-
einsteinium.biz

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Free Publicity For Your Biz, Coin, Product, or Svc

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2014, 01:37:53 AM

NICE

♥♥♥ BitBay ♥♥♥

And yes u are right about proactive investors, we should help the developers get this off the ground by spreading the word, informing sites/exchanges, advertising/promoting, im keen to watch our graph on coinmarketcap.com shoot up through the roof and smash through the moon all the way to Pluto lol

Tongue

contact me when you are ready for things (press release, and articles) to get published.

ehalvers

Activity: 513

Crypto ehalvers

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 01:41:20 AM

Aww  Cry

Just staked my first orphan block.

█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓        
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓     
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓  
 █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓ 
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓        ▓▓  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓ 
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓  
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓     
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓        
            █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
Fishcoin
      ▄█▄
    ▄█████▄
  ▄█████████▄
  ███████  ██
  ███████████
  ▀█████████▀
    ▀█████▀
      ███
    ▄█████▄
  ▄█████████▄
  ███▀   ▀███

▄█▄
    ▄█████▄
  ▄█████████▄
  ███████  ██
  ███████████
  ▀█████████▀
    ▀█████▀
      ███
    ▄█████▄
  ▄█████████▄
  ███▀   ▀███
Decentralized Network
 Tokenized Incentive    
 Interoperable Tools       
JackTheShipper

Activity: 44

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 01:43:10 AM

Thanks for the reply but that's not really what I'm looking for, for example my wallet is currently encrypted and staking, which apparently isn't possible over at hbn.

I'm looking for the specifics on bitbay & staking. But I do have to ask, why does hbn have 100% annually and bitbay only 1% annually? I feel like it's superlow.

the HBN link you posted says for example 100% with low diff, 1% with high diff, shouldn't there be low diff right now with bitbay? So why does this start at 1?

Also with how fast the field of cryptocurrency moves, is staking really worthwhile at 1%/year? I'm not a fud spreader or anything and I do have quite a few coins too, just concerns/questions that I have right now.
Baghead

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 01:52:20 AM

Hi Scott i received the 5 Bay bud but i cannot find your address to send back sorry, i am such a noob lol If you can message me or put a receiving address here so i will copy paste and send straight back. Mick

As shown, the sending address is the same as the receiving address and visa versa. You can make additional addresses in your wallet and use those as well if you wish.

No need to return anything. Consider it a tip and verification my wallet is working fine of the sending side.  Wink

Scott-

Thank you very much Scott that was a nice and clear guide, hopfully i figured it out and your coins are on there way back to you  Tongue, sorry could not resist. I have seen you help others so would like to say you are a great addition to the community cheers

Mick,
+EV

Activity: 33

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 01:55:24 AM

I been watching this thread since page 10, was tempted to buy in at the ICO but sadly I was not around for those days. Now I'm back and I believe there's no better time to buy some then today... As soon as I get back to my room ima be buying a few bitbay to add to my cryptocoin collection.

I think this coin has a bright future but who knows how long till everyone realizes how life-changing this coin, marketplace and smart contracts really are.

PSA... This is not a group play of mine. This is a personal investment im making. Please dont ask me "when are you gonna pump bay" or "how long till bay hits x amount" because that kinda shit pisses me off.

Later.

Simply announcing you are watching a coin is enough to scare people away from it. You should have just kept your mouth shut man.
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 01:57:57 AM

Later.

Simply announcing your watching a coin is enough to scare people away from it. You should have just kept your mouth shut man.

Who the fuck are you to suggest to me what to do?
Baghead

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 02:06:03 AM

NICE

♥♥♥ BitBay ♥♥♥

Tongue

Cheers again dude, that's so true we do need to help them get this of the ground! money and contacts go along way yes but so does word of mouth and alot of other little things, we are all capable of doing a little which will truly help in the bigger picture like you say. It is amazing to be part of this venture and i will be very happy to join you on a pluto trip sometime in the future Cool cannot forget the little wave to the midnight dumpers
Baghead

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 02:13:02 AM

Later.

Simply announcing you are watching a coin is enough to scare people away from it. You should have just kept your mouth shut man.

Oh dear are you for real? lol. EV play nice nobody is scared that he watched this coin, (i hope)..  
CryptoClub
Legendary

Activity: 1470

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 02:21:45 AM

Later.

Oh dear are you for real? lol. EV play nice nobody is scared that he watched this coin, (i hope)..  

Whales being interested in a coin do not scare me away at all. They normally don't sell below their buy in price, and often have connections that can help.

digicidal

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 02:33:37 AM

Later.

Whales being interested in a coin do not scare me away at all. They normally don't sell below their buy in price, and often have connections that can help.

This.  It's the crazy, irrational people that think you just throw your BTC at anything new and it will just magically turn you into a millionaire over night... who then panic and dump at the first sign of volatility (often at a loss, and always making a bad market turn much worse).  Those are the ones that scare me!  Wink  Besides whales keep the plankton from overpopulating. LOL!
BitBear2

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 02:38:26 AM

Yes, people like Bobsurplus often give objective view of the market. You can just take a note from people like him, exactly the oposite of what you EV are saying!
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 268 »
  Print  

Jump to: