Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:53:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... 1189 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer - MtGoxUSD wall movement tracker  (Read 1811506 times)
Kupsi
Legendary

Activity: 1193
Merit: 1003

9.9.2012: I predict that single digits... <- FAIL

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 08:04:59 PM

Between the current price and $15 you could buy half of the entire MtGox sell orders.  Act now, only $500,000!  After which, buying the same amount will cost infinite dollars.

that's a beautiful avatar!
Yes! Now he only needs to change his prediction from single to double digits  Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 08:40:18 PM

Between the current price and $15 you could buy half of the entire MtGox sell orders.  Act now, only $500,000!  After which, buying the same amount will cost infinite dollars.

that's a beautiful avatar!
Yes! Now he only needs to change his prediction from single to double TRIPLEdigits  Cheesy

FTFY

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2012, 09:32:27 PM

Between the current price and $15 you could buy half of the entire MtGox sell orders.  Act now, only $500,000!  After which, buying the same amount will cost infinite dollars.
That's the spirit!  Cheesy

Adam: Are you all-in or out?

I'm freaking out can't sleep, can't work, i have no smokes.

I'm starting to hate bitcoins...  Angry

edit: working on a poster to hang up on a boulliton board giving away free bitcoin.. if I'm going down I'm take as many people with me!

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 09:33:39 PM

You planning on changing your single-digit prediction?

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 10:17:57 PM

Nope.  It stands.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2012, 10:44:56 PM

Between the current price and $15 you could buy half of the entire MtGox sell orders.  Act now, only $500,000!  After which, buying the same amount will cost infinite dollars.

Nope.  It stands.

based on the resent market conditions and this mystery announcement that promises to bring stability to the bitcoin.

single-digit predictions is wishful thinking at this point.

I'm thinking this mystery announcement has something to do with the seemingly retarded support at these high prices...

cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 11:09:30 PM

Nope.  It stands.

based on the resent market conditions and this mystery announcement that promises to bring stability to the bitcoin.

I'm thinking this mystery announcement has something to do with the seemingly retarded support at these high prices...

i think this is beautiful.  looks like Gavin has figured out the central banker game of comments moving markets  Cheesy
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 11:13:12 PM

Nope.  It stands.

i think this is beautiful.  looks like Gavin has figured out the central banker game of comments moving markets  Cheesy

Yes. Wouldn't surprised if he waited to release the info on September 30th.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 11:27:24 PM

Nope.  It stands.

i think this is beautiful.  looks like Gavin has figured out the central banker game of comments moving markets  Cheesy

and quite honestly, the way those f*ers manipulate markets, he should continuously do it each time we have a dip.  the games those guys play is beyond comprehension.  just kidding of course but sometimes that's how i'd feel.
adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2012, 11:34:41 PM

Nope.  It stands.

i think this is beautiful.  looks like Gavin has figured out the central banker game of comments moving markets  Cheesy

and quite honestly, the way those f*ers manipulate markets, he should continuously do it each time we have a dip.  the games those guys play is beyond comprehension.  just kidding of course but sometimes that's how i'd feel.

what game?

Gavin does this often?

cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 11:35:53 PM

Nope.  It stands.

what game?

Gavin does this often?

he never does it.  that's the point.  he's honest unlike some folk we know.
sunnankar
Legendary

Activity: 1031
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2012, 11:58:52 PM

I have been talking with the owners of a few businesses about using bitcoins as a redundancy plan for their operating expenses due to the instability of the banking system. The last thing a business owner wants to think about is the problems that result from being unable to make payroll. This is part of how they blackmailed the bailouts in 2008; they threatened Congress by CFOs telling Treasury that if they didn't bailout then they (Chevron, Exxon, ConAgra, etc.) would be unable to make payroll.

If these small business owners I have talked to moved 5% of their working capital into bitcoins and offered employees the option to receive part or all of their paycheck in bitcoins then you could easily see the price melt up to $15. One of these companies is actually pretty small, only about $35m/year in sales, but has about $500k/bi-monthly in payroll. That one company alone would add $50k/month in demand for bitcoins.

The single largest reason I see for any reasonable corporation to not adopt Bitcoin is the lack of corporate governance when it comes to private keys and the segregation of duties. There must be proper corporate governance and segregation of duties or the board of directors or management will be liable for breach of fiduciary duty. They will not allow Bitcoin to be accepted if it is going to result in a breach of fiduciary duty. They would rather deal with an unstable banking system because then if the SHTF at least they will not be liable because they have acted reasonably. Multi-sig could be implemented in such a way that this hindrance would be completely eliminated.

If Bitcoin can have proper corporate governance and segregation of duty abilities then corporations can adopt it. If corporations can adopt and use Bitcoin then larger capital flows will happen. If larger capital flows happen then there will be greater stability in the price.

adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2012, 12:14:01 AM

I have been talking with the owners of a few businesses about using bitcoins as a redundancy plan for their operating expenses due to the instability of the banking system. The last thing a business owner wants to think about is the problems that result from being unable to make payroll. This is part of how they blackmailed the bailouts in 2008; they threatened Congress by CFOs telling Treasury that if they didn't bailout then they (Chevron, Exxon, ConAgra, etc.) would be unable to make payroll.

If these small business owners I have talked to moved 5% of their working capital into bitcoins and offered employees the option to receive part or all of their paycheck in bitcoins then you could easily see the price melt up to $15. One of these companies is actually pretty small, only about $35m/year in sales, but has about $500k/bi-monthly in payroll. That one company alone would add $50k/month in demand for bitcoins.

The single largest reason I see for any reasonable corporation to not adopt Bitcoin is the lack of corporate governance when it comes to private keys and the segregation of duties. There must be proper corporate governance and segregation of duties or the board of directors or management will be liable for breach of fiduciary duty. They will not allow Bitcoin to be accepted if it is going to result in a breach of fiduciary duty. They would rather deal with an unstable banking system because then if the SHTF at least they will not be liable because they have acted reasonably. Multi-sig could be implemented in such a way that this hindrance would be completely eliminated.

If Bitcoin can have proper corporate governance and segregation of duty abilities then corporations can adopt it. If corporations can adopt and use Bitcoin then larger capital flows will happen. If larger capital flows happen then there will be greater stability in the price.

i'm not sure i understand what your saying.

but isn't the gr8 thing about bitcoin the lack of corporate governance?

sunnankar
Legendary

Activity: 1031

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2012, 12:23:02 AM

That is truly regrettable. Perhaps you should follow the links and do some reading.

No, it sucks. And until it is fixed it will be relegated to small and immaterial amounts of capital flows.

cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 12:56:08 AM

That is truly regrettable. Perhaps you should follow the links and do some reading.

No, it sucks. And until it is fixed it will be relegated to small and immaterial amounts of capital flows.

but why couldn't you have, as an example, the treasurer hold the wallet on his computer and the CEO hold the password?

there are also ways of splitting passwords btwn multiple parties as well; Shamir's Secret Sharing.
Spekulatius
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 02:19:30 AM

Yes or by just funding different wallets around your company with its weekly/monthly budget from your main wallet?
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 02:31:49 AM

oh yeah, what am i thinking!?

Armory, etotheipi's fantastic deterministic wallet (what i use), is perfect for small businesses and maybe large.  for a small biz, like a grocery store with multiple checkout stands, you put watching only wallets at each of the checkouts and keep the wallet with the private keys in the back in sole control of the owner.  cashiers can generate new addresses for each customer and take btc pmts w/o being able to steal.

i don't see why this concept couldn't be extended to large corporations as well.  a few division managers could keep control of main wallets across the country and are accountable to the central headquarters while they manage the multiple pts of payment.
Beta-coiner1

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 03:39:29 AM

I'm thinking 14 could actually be hit tonight or tomorrow.

cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 03:40:26 AM

Crankin' Baby, just crankin'  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2012, 03:41:13 AM

holy shit another rally!
facing enormous walls, bitcoin presses on.

Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... 1189 »
  Print  

Jump to: