Bitcoin Forum
July 06, 2024, 05:27:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 [588] 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 ... 2458 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW / Josh Garza discussion Paycoin XPY xpy.io ION ionomy. ALWAYS MAKE MONEY :)  (Read 3377066 times)
volder

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 06:42:11 AM

No, I said maybe I am the liar, I never stated that you said anything so I never put words in your mouth, ok?
You said NO CIGAR which would mean, to me, that I was wrong? Please forgive me because English is not my main language.
And if you are not going to post the whole quote a "snip" added would be nice.
...SNIP...
Sometimes, things get lost in text. It's left up to the reader to decipher tone. Perhaps I misjudged your post and I apologize for that.

Regular Guy™
interstellar

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 06:42:21 AM

Hey guys all this nonsense posted today on this thread seems to be some sort of attempt by some HTers to discredit this thread... So try not to play into their hand... Remember why we are here...

https://hashtalk.org/topic/27206/can-you-believe-what-is-going-on-on-bitcointalk/14
I'm not here to discredit anyone. Smiley As long as the discussion stays civil, I don't mind popping in from time to time. Some people here just throw reason out the window though. I think most of us can agree on that much. I'm not pro troll, I'm not pro GAW, I'm pro volder. Smiley

There's no money to be made on this thread. Nothing is being sold. Nothing is being offered. No fortunes will be made here. We could all make more spending our time more productively. We aren't saints and we aren't saving anyone. We aren't wise men and we aren't good people even. We are all just trying to arrive at the truth... A truth told sometimes crudely but always passionately by a thousand different souls in a thousand different ways. That's all we've got here to offer anyone. The truth. Those of us who come back to this thread again and again despite ourselves are compelled to find it.
volder

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 06:47:04 AM

Hey guys all this nonsense posted today on this thread seems to be some sort of attempt by some HTers to discredit this thread... So try not to play into their hand... Remember why we are here...

https://hashtalk.org/topic/27206/can-you-believe-what-is-going-on-on-bitcointalk/14
I'm not here to discredit anyone. Smiley As long as the discussion stays civil, I don't mind popping in from time to time. Some people here just throw reason out the window though. I think most of us can agree on that much. I'm not pro troll, I'm not pro GAW, I'm pro volder. Smiley

There's no money to be made on this thread. Nothing is being sold. Nothing is being offered. No fortunes will be made here. We could all make more spending our time more productively. We aren't saints and we aren't saving anyone. We aren't wise men and we aren't good people even. We are all just trying to arrive at the truth... A truth told sometimes crudely but always passionately by a thousand different souls in a thousand different ways. That's all we've got here to offer anyone. The truth. Those of us who come back to this thread again and again despite ourselves are compelled to find it.
Good post. I agree to an extent. However, many people here (not everyone) proclaim their "truth" as such based solely on their feelings at any given moment. This is not what truth is.

Regular Guy™
TracerX

Activity: 918
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 06:47:29 AM

"When the coin opens to the public on Jan. 2 with what Mr. Garza says will be an anticipated market capitalization of $250 million, the company will partly back that with a store of fiat currency worth around $100 million."

[Suspicious link removed]j.com/moneybeat/2014/11/25/bitbeat-gaw-miners-to-launch-bitcoin-challenger-paycoin/

:grinning:

Neat!  I'm glad the Internet has a copy of that....
geegaw

Activity: 1316
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 06:48:45 AM

YAY!!

ALMIGHTY VOLDER PREFERS TO PLAY HERE

WHAT SAY YOU HOMERO???

hahahaha gulp?

████     ████     ████              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████    █████▄    ███               ████▀▀▀▀███▄
 ███▄   ██▀███   ████   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ████    ▀███
 ▀███  ▄██  ██   ███                ████    ▄███
  ███  ██▀  ███ ▄███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄      ███████████▀
  ▀██▄ ██   ▀██ ███     ██████      ████
   ██████    ██████    ███  ███     ████
   ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▀▀▀▀
                      ███    ███
                     ████████████
                    ▄███      ███▄
                    ████      ████
....WorkAsPro...
First 
Crypto-powered
Freelance Service
....NO KYC...
0% Commission
....Fiverr Alternative...
Blockchain Voting System
    ▄█▀█▄
    █▄ ▄█
     ▀▀▀
▄▄  ▄███▄         █
██ ███ ██        █▀
██ ███ ██       ▄█
██ ███ ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 █▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀█
▄█▀       ▀█▄ ▀█
▀▀         ▀▀  ▀▀
....Join us now...
WaffleMaster

Activity: 966
Merit: 546

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 06:49:18 AM

I just hope this gets circulated around.

interstellar

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 06:51:36 AM

I just hope this gets circulated around.

It is. I think I've seen that in at least five separate threads on HT today. Along with a couple other Josh posts along similar lines. I would say the tide is starting to turn over there, the newlywed phase is finally over.
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3724
Merit: 8996

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2015, 06:53:39 AM

Well, that explains it. Buckrogers comes here to stir up shit with KKK comments and HT is up in arms about racism on Bitcointalk.

Now back to Paycoin. Here is the latest version of the floor:

https://hashtalk.org/topic/27207

tl;dr: Same thing that we already heard (HOLD!), just articulated a bit better by rootdude instead of the CEO.

Still just promises though (debit cards, bill pay, etc), probably even easier to backpedal on later, since this is not an official GAW statement.
puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 07:05:20 AM

But this only serves to kick the can down the road.  At some point they are going to have to fulfill their obligation.  They delayed BTC payouts to push people into stakers and paycoins... that just pushes the debt from one form to the next.  Unless they plan on hiding funds and then declaring bankruptcy, I don't see how any of this can work out as a nefarious scheme.  You can't just hide funds and declare bankruptcy.  The money can be traced.

They didn't just kick the can down the road, they kicked the can from a road they didn't control (BTC) to a road they do control (XPY). They can give you as much XPY as they need to give you, at zero cost to them, and then the problem of turning that into fiat or BTC or whatever is your problem, not theirs.

Not that I think they want to crash it immediately, I'm sure they want to keep the scheme going for as long as possible, letting people have large balances of XPY in their accounts. But eventually, when the scheme collapses, there's nothing to hide. The customers holding XPY are screwed. GAW blames dumpers or trolls or regulators or says the faithful weren't faithful enough or whatever. GAW's money taken via fees and spreads and selling premine coins and everything else won't be in XPY of course.

I get your point, but people are earning XPY every day from their stakers.  They are going to want to be recompensed.  When the number of XPY keeps piling up and people realize they are getting zilch for their efforts... there will be a slow tidal wave of dissent.  Especially at the 30, 45, 60, and 180 day marks.

There's only so many baubles you can buy from Amazon before you realize that it's not doing you much good if the XPY/USD rate is still below $20.

But that still doesn't answer how GAW can get away with it, other than burning through all the USD/BTC as "business as usual" costs as long as possible.  At the end of that day... GAW still has to declare bankruptcy to protect itself from creditors.  You can't just walk away with that amount of money.
Liquid71

Activity: 835
Merit: 1000

There is NO Freedom without Privacy

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 07:08:42 AM

"When the coin opens to the public on Jan. 2 with what Mr. Garza says will be an anticipated market capitalization of $250 million, the company will partly back that with a store of fiat currency worth around $100 million."

[Suspicious link removed]j.com/moneybeat/2014/11/25/bitbeat-gaw-miners-to-launch-bitcoin-challenger-paycoin/

:grinning:

And Litecoin passes Ponzicoin

eoakland

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 07:29:02 AM

PayBase has been open for how long ...3 days ?  I am a little tired of seeing all of the $20 per coin posts.  if that many wanted out, the coin got to about $15-17 bucks on most exchanges...why didn't you all cash out then ?  What i am seeing is many overextended themselves and are either in a BTCJAM or heavily in debt with CC's.  if you fall into that category you took a huge gamble, and basically played this investment as if it were a stock option as opposed to an long-term investment.  Give Josh/GAW time to implement and roll out the new features/services this coin will be able to offer.  This $20 witch hunt got old fast.  

Code:
               ▄▄███████▄▄
            ▄███████████████▄
           ███████████████████
          █████████████████████▄▄▄▄
      ▄▄▄████████████████████████████▄
   ▄█████ ▐▌ ██████████████████████████▄
 ▄█████       ▀█         █          ████▄
▐███████  ███  ▐█  ██▀█▄▄█▄▄██  ██▄▄█████
████████       ██     ████████  █████████
████████  ███  ▐█  ██▄█▀▀█████  ████████▀
 ██████       ▄█         ███      █████▀
  ▀██████ ▐▌ ████████████████████████▀
    ▀▀▀██████████████████████████▀▀
       ▄▄▀▀▀██████▄
    ▄██████▀▀███████▀▀▄
  ▄██████▀▄███████████▄▀▄
 ▄█ ███████████████ ████▄▄
▄██████████████████▌▐█████▄
███████████████████████████
▀▄████████▄▄▄▀▀▀████████▀▄
██████████████████████████
▀████ ████████████████████▀
 ▀████ █████████▀▄████ ██▀
  ▀████▄▀█████▀▀▄█████▌▐▀
▄███▀▄██████▄▄████▀▀▄▄▀███▄
▀██████
▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄▀▀██████▀
   ▀▀▀███████████████▀▀▀
         ▄▄▀▀██▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▀▀██▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
  ▄▄▄▀▀▀█▄▄▄▀▄██████████
▄▀▀█▄▀█▄█▀███████████
▄▀████████▐▌██████
 █▀▄██████████▄████▄████
  ▀▄█████████████████████
   ▀▄█████████▀██████▀███
     ██████████▄██▄█████
      █████████████████████
       ▀▄████████████████
        ▀▄████████████████
          ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
puwaha

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 07:30:40 AM

I've had several of my posts in this thread reported to the moderator.  Every one of my posts that were removed were my responses to personal attacks and threats.  Goose/gander type thing here, right?

As a 100 TH/s single person private BTC  farm running keeping the show on the amongst all others, as small as it may seem. If and when I decide to wield my influence. Publicly and privately. Here there anywhere.

having said that, I will support your in expressible right to free speech here or any where.

Give me the name of who what where attempts to curtail you so.

I don't know who reported me, but they were replies to the following people:  bitcoinnoisseur, alienesb, and Honeycutt22.

I don't know if they were the ones who wanted to suppress me... but...

zoata87
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2015, 07:34:25 AM

PayBase has been open for how long ...3 days ?  I am a little tired of seeing all of the $20 per coin posts.  if that many wanted out, the coin got to about $15-17 bucks on most exchanges...why didn't you all cash out then ?  What i am seeing is many overextended themselves and are either in a BTCJAM or heavily in debt with CC's.  if you fall into that category you took a huge gamble, and basically played this investment as if it were a stock option as opposed to an long-term investment.  Give Josh/GAW time to implement and roll out the new features/services this coin will be able to offer.  This $20 witch hunt got old fast.  
lol yeah. please tell those fancy, dramatic words to those people who bought xpy for 20 on paybase. it just takes time.
interstellar

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 07:38:53 AM

I've had several of my posts in this thread reported to the moderator.  Every one of my posts that were removed were my responses to personal attacks and threats.  Goose/gander type thing here, right?

As a 100 TH/s single person private BTC  farm running keeping the show on the amongst all others, as small as it may seem. If and when I decide to wield my influence. Publicly and privately. Here there anywhere.

having said that, I will support your in expressible right to free speech here or any where.

Give me the name of who what where attempts to curtail you so.

I don't know who reported me, but they were replies to the following people:  bitcoinnoisseur, alienesb, and Honeycutt22.

I don't know if they were the ones who wanted to suppress me... but...

Are you pro and anti gaw at this point? Your thoughts seem close to the center to me, not shill-like... I have no idea why anyone would have a problem with your comments... But I could just be confused though lol. You are no favelle though that's for sure. I think I would remember that.
puwaha

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 07:41:53 AM

But this only serves to kick the can down the road.  At some point they are going to have to fulfill their obligation.  They delayed BTC payouts to push people into stakers and paycoins... that just pushes the debt from one form to the next.  Unless they plan on hiding funds and then declaring bankruptcy, I don't see how any of this can work out as a nefarious scheme.  You can't just hide funds and declare bankruptcy.  The money can be traced.

I think they are still hoping to get out of this somehow. In theory it is possible to "shake out the weak hands", i.e. coerce people to divest at a loss and end up with a positive cash flow, although I don't believe they will be able to pull that off in the long run. These are ongoing operational costs, and they need to make enough revenue to cover that plus pay off at least some of the investors to generate good will and encourage reinvestment etc. Anyway, just my theory.

How do they get fresh blood/money to perpetuate the "floor"?  I'm sure they could offer some new hashlet or staker but that only goes so far.
qwerty555

Activity: 405
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 07:43:22 AM

Since hearing of paycoin in late december I am now in for under 1 Btc total, my last buying price was .0216 btc or around $7.00 yesterday.

y not/ who really knows where the price will go in 30, 60 , 90 days?

Is the propoganda good on what tyhey plan to do with the coin ? Arguably Yes.

Can they make good on their plans?  Maybe, maybe not but I think they will certainly try in the beginning to at the very least make it seem as though they are making every effort. IF it is a scam it is far to early to bail out after less than 30 days.

Do they have the financial muscle to create a $20 floor price? Thay allegedly have many $millions in backing.

As of this moment On coin swap it would take ONLY  119 BTC to immediately drive the price to .05 ( assuming they r fast enough before other sell orders come in)

0.05000000   111.89062790   5.59453140   119.160
0.05010005   1.00000000   0.05010005   119.211

Conversely it would take ONLY 38 BTC to send the price crashing to .00000001   ( assuming they r fast enough before other buy orders come in)

0.00000011   441.72727273   0.00004859   38.177
0.00000001   50753.00000000   0.00050753   38.178

https://coin-swap.net/market/XPY/BTC

The point is we cannot know for sure BUT in a small illiquid market pump and dump and all other price manipulation techniques can and probably will be employed and this is exactly the type of environment where returns of 500% + can be made and probably will be for the next few monthsso I am in for the ride but not betting my shirt.

If at some point it becomes clearer if they are progressing then i will hold and if it becomes obvious they are not I will sell and hopefully have already made back mt total investment of 1 BTC lol.

Finally I would end with

I like the propoganda and the stated aims to a large extent

They have a lot of financial backing compared to many other altcoin start ups

I hope they do well but if they do not I dont think we'll see that for a few months ( at least), they are after all less than 4 weeks since the launch and I will probably have at least recouped my 1btc.

So i have dipped my toe in and we'll see where it leads.

interstellar

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 07:43:34 AM

lol yeah. please tell those fancy, dramatic words to those people who bought xpy for 20 on paybase. it just takes time.

Yeah what about those poor folk? What a scam. Nobody seems to mention them. I hope every single one does a chargeback and causes gaw to lose its merchant account.

Just as despicable as selling that last batch of cashtakers just before they released paybase. I'm sure they knew there was no way they could sell those cashtakers after the price crashed because of their non-existent floor. Just one last chance to load up some cash.
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2015, 07:50:31 AM

Who are you talking to? There aren't that many HERE who ever believed in the $20 floor.

As for giving time to implement... nobody forced the CEO to brag about 100 thousand merchants and other nonsense. What you are saying basically means - thank you for the cash (HashStakers etc), now wait and hope they deliver. That was NOT the original message. And you did not come here a few weeks ago to explain that there is no $20 floor, nor did you explain it on HT a few weeks ago, which could have helped to prevent all these loans from happening if that's your concern. On the contrary, many posters here ridiculed the floor for weeks, and rightfully so, while HT visitors were adamant it was a real thing. Where were you back then?
interstellar

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 07:51:58 AM
Last edit: January 02, 2015, 08:06:16 AM by interstellar

Oh geez, paycoin2 really crashing... .0216 BTC on cryp right now. That's $6.80 lol.

Do you guys think this might be a sign? Is Homero is actually the Antichrist!? It would explain a lot.

(Not Photoshop)
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2015, 08:01:51 AM

I think they are still hoping to get out of this somehow. In theory it is possible to "shake out the weak hands", i.e. coerce people to divest at a loss and end up with a positive cash flow, although I don't believe they will be able to pull that off in the long run. These are ongoing operational costs, and they need to make enough revenue to cover that plus pay off at least some of the investors to generate good will and encourage reinvestment etc. Anyway, just my theory.

How do they get fresh blood/money to perpetuate the "floor"?  I'm sure they could offer some new hashlet or staker but that only goes so far.

I think there are many potential scenarios, I'm just not the right person to ask, I'm not a scheming type. What about slowly dumping their millions of XPY and then issuing some other instrument for bagholders to convert the worthless coins to? Maybe issue an occasional pump too, just to maintain the legend of "trolls" dumping.

Think how hashlets suddenly became completely unprofitable and the next best thing was offered as a solution.

Pages: « 1 ... 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 [588] 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 ... 2458 »
  Print  

Jump to: