Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:25:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 [658] 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 ... 2458 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW / Josh Garza discussion Paycoin XPY xpy.io ION ionomy. ALWAYS MAKE MONEY :)  (Read 3376980 times)
jacobw

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 06:27:23 PM

Be very careful posting crazy accusations. It furthers discredits this topic. This topic began great, valid information and it was kept civil, but for some reason it has become a troll's paradise.

Just because you could not support GAW "all the way back in July" doesn't mean that others did not. I am good friends with most of the resellers and I am fairly confident they are not able to see the future.

I don't think making your entrance with words like "troll" is helpful here. But I get what you're saying. I was mostly talking to myself in the original thread in August. Very few could have seen this coming, and many still don't.

But this thread is now ballooning 50 pages a day, for better or worse, so using "ignore" should be mandatory by now.

Edit: dekay's nuked again: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=408550

Sorry, but I cannot find any other word to describe what "MOB" is.
The thread began civil. Here and there you would see a troll but that was about it. This thread still has the potential to be good, but I think a few users are creating multiple accounts just to further stir it up.

Very, very few people could have seen this coming. GAW began as a very reputable company and was on track to changing Bitcoin for the better, but as of now I think it is fairly obvious that is no longer the case. In my opinion, this is a result of greed and selfishness.

Yes, the ignore button is becoming my friend! Tongue

Perhaps you should go read the original thread to see when exactly I thought GAW was a scam and why. GAW had quite a few red flags with the launching of Hashlets. You are correct though, it was August, not July. I am terrible at time.

My response earlier was, granted, an overreaction to Mad Macs bland egoism that "basement Colombos" over here are somehow idiots or fools for putting two and two together with GAW long before he did.

It seems odd to accuse someone of having multiple accounts when you have a brand new account.

I see!
My account is not a fake account! I am "jacobw" on HashTalk feel free to message me there to confirm!
I am definitely not a clone account!
Paul Revere

Activity: 406
Merit: 260

The Scamcoats are coming!

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 06:29:24 PM

Remember: When you are going nowhere, Stay the Course!!

I think the Paycoined definition needs another Synonym added....

All of my posts are simply statements of my own personal opinions based on available information and pondering what might be possible considering human nature, with the goal of finding truth and preventing fraud. Please look at all of the facts and theories and put your thinking cap on to draw your own conclusions. If you feel that I have made a false statement or have been unnecessarily derogatory, I encourage you to please point it out, and if proven correct and/or reasonable I will remedy it. ~ Paul Revere
kekek

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 06:38:03 PM

I hereby award XPY the first ever "Worse than MAX"  award for GAW's repeated incompetence and trickery.

Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 06:43:20 PM

Man... What is it with people named Josh involved with Bitcoin, and being such lying, unscrupulous sociopaths ?

Do they really think their prior posts aren't going to come back to haunt them in the internet age ?

AMT, Butterfly Labs, GAW...

It really is uncanny.

Hey guys, I'm still in contact with Josh.

Does anyone have screenshots or links to these claims? I'm pretty sure I've seen the screens posted here before but I'm too lazy to dig through the thread to find them.

Thanks.

*The "100m" thing is referring to the $100,000,000 funds raised for Paycoin's floor or something
Honeycutt22

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 06:46:00 PM

Man... What is it with people named Josh involved with Bitcoin, and being such lying, unscrupulous sociopaths ?

Do they really think their prior posts aren't going to come back to haunt them in the internet age ?

It really is uncanny.

Does anyone have screenshots or links to these claims? I'm pretty sure I've seen the screens posted here before but I'm too lazy to dig through the thread to find them.

Thanks.

*The "100m" thing is referring to the $100,000,000 funds raised for Paycoin's floor or something

Sounds like he's fishing for supporting documentation and if it exists... He damn well knows what he said.
MOB

Activity: 493
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 06:50:08 PM

It really is uncanny.

Thanks.

Sounds like he's fishing for supporting documentation and if it exists... He damn well knows what he said.

To be fair, he probably doesn't. There is no single "true" narrative when the story changes every single day. I am sure Josh has no idea what was originally said.

I do agree that he is just fishing ;p   Let him though. Hard to imagine that this will not end with a court date.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 07:01:38 PM

All the supporting information he's fishing for is available right in this thread.

It has been very well documented.

What the heck is his deal ?
dlresponse

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 07:09:59 PM

Fortunately the notion of "country club" prisons for white collar criminals is largely a myth. Some prisons are less bad than others though.

Especially in the United States,  your penal system seems to be much harsher than in the UK. Over here our white collar criminals would probably be sent to what is called a category C prison, which is basically an open prison for non violent offenders. That's if they don't buy their way out of the charges using slick legal teams.
bananafana

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 07:18:41 PM

It really is uncanny.

Thanks.

To be fair, he probably doesn't. There is no single "true" narrative when the story changes every single day. I am sure Josh has no idea what was originally said.

I do agree that he is just fishing ;p   Let him though. Hard to imagine that this will not end with a court date.

I picture him sitting around thinking of ideas, then announcing it publicly without any significant review, then the whole company swings into action to try to do damage control and to try to accomplish something that looks sort of like what he promised except they don't have the devs or budget to really do much.

He sees paycoin revenues dropping, so he thinks hey, if they're out of bitcoins let's get some more money out of them by credit card. So he announces that they'll start accepting credit card purchases for xpy, there are screams from neighboring offices, people explain to him about how many chargebacks they'd get every time he breaks a promise, the team announces that they're going to need more time to work on fraud prevention (fraud = people getting their money back when what they were told they were buying turns out not to be true), and they they mostly just hope it will blow over.

There's no grand plan, just someone looking for every possible way to squeeze more money out of his customer base, and boundless confidence that when the shit hits the fan he can talk his way out of it or come up with a new plan and keep the whole thing going.
sobitcoin

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 07:20:30 PM

Fortunately the notion of "country club" prisons for white collar criminals is largely a myth. Some prisons are less bad than others though.

Especially in the United States,  your penal system seems to be much harsher than in the UK. Over here our white collar criminals would probably be sent to what is called a category C prison, which is basically an open prison for non violent offenders. That's if they don't buy their way out of the charges using slick legal teams.

Pre-trial is where you have to watch out in Canada, white collar is in with the rest unless out on bail   Cheesy
interstellar

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 07:21:58 PM

The problem is in some ways Josh has already won. He has a coin with tons of trading volume and an almost infinite supply of coins to sell. Even if he sells off slowly every day, every day that goes by makes him richer and richer.

He can sell 10000 paycoins at $3 every single day. That's $30k per day. Even if it drops to $.50 he will make 5k per day. Every day that passes gets him richer and richer. And the cultists/pawns are more than willing to sacrifice themselves to allow him to cash out against them. They are about to dig into their credit cards to help him cash out more as I type this.

It's kind of sad. We showed the truth but it doesn't really matter. Shows how fucked the world is. Unless he ends up in lawsuits or jail, what else is to stop him? The exchanges will never delisted XPY because they are making bank on the high volume.

I'm not sure I see this ending well actually. Pretty much like every altcoin scammer, the scammer gets away with a fortune and leaves the bagholders behind to suffer.
galdur

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 07:23:29 PM

I hereby award XPY the first ever "Worse than MAX"  award for GAW's repeated incompetence and trickery.

Hitler's Maxcoin Rant - Episode 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDoaf5Vnh7s

--I bet you halfwits were also planning on mining Dogecoin.
A coin based on nothing but a smiling dog!--  Hitler

inBitweTrust

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 07:25:25 PM

The problem is in some ways Josh has already won. He has a coin with tons of trading volume and an almost infinite supply of coins to sell. Even if he sells off slowly every day, every day that goes by makes him richer and richer.

He can sell 10000 paycoins at $3 every single day. That's $30k per day. Even if it drops to $.50 he will make 5k per day. Every day that passes gets him richer and richer. And the cultists/pawns are more than willing to sacrifice themselves to allow him to cash out against them. They are about to dig into their credit cards to help him cash out more as I type this.

It's kind of sad. We showed the truth but it doesn't really matter. Shows how fucked the world is. Unless he ends up in lawsuits or jail, what else is to stop him? The exchanges will never delisted XPY because they are making bank on the high volume.

I'm not sure I see this ending well actually. Pretty much like every altcoin scammer, the scammer gets away with a fortune and leaves the bagholders behind to suffer.

It will end because there is an army or lawyers, litigants, and regulators salivating to pillage Paycoin2 right now.
Research into what happened to the liberty dollar, DGC, liberty reserve, egold, ect...as historical test cases with centralized currencies controlled by for profit companies.

doogsan

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 07:25:41 PM

These people....

https://hashtalk.org/topic/27873/thank-you/136
strangerdanger101

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 07:27:19 PM

At least the effort won't be in vain we can always say we told you so...

What has it got in its pocketses precious? BTC: 1KctJNLwzFK8qJPsSwDrQRNxxKnVCrZm93
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 8969

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 07:36:53 PM

No more promises, huh.

Soon, things will change. PayBase incoming updates will rock the industry the same way ZenCloud did when it was first released.

The value of XPY will skyrocket and people will love us as quickly as they turned away.

There is not a doubt in my mind.

Edit: and XPY is climbing... this shit is getting weirder by the minute  Grin
strangerdanger101

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 07:42:56 PM

No more promises, huh.

Soon, things will change. PayBase incoming updates will rock the industry the same way ZenCloud did when it was first released.

The value of XPY will skyrocket and people will love us as quickly as they turned away.

There is not a doubt in my mind.

Edit: and XPY is climbing... this shit is getting weirder by the minute  Grin

Yep he did say that I have it archived Smiley

What has it got in its pocketses precious? BTC: 1KctJNLwzFK8qJPsSwDrQRNxxKnVCrZm93
vancefox
Legendary

Activity: 1033
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 07:45:00 PM

Well there has been an increase of approx 1700 coins added to the network on the "test staking" or whatever the new excuse/reason is that GAWlets come up with.

I can't exactly say when hyperinflation will push the value into ever increasing zeros, but it will happen.  There is no inflationary control mechanism in the code.  The coins stake at the stated rates, compounding every time.  Honestly I can't give exact numbers or percentages since the code was so poorly written.

XPY will survive for only as long as GAWlets are willing to pour money into it and for as long as people continue to ride the P&D waves.

Me personally, I rode the waves early while the hype machine was running at full force.  Now that the machine is running out of gas and was never filled with oil I'm not going to care about any money I left "on the table" because I'm not going to be caught holding the bag when, not if but when, this, in my opinion, long con/scam comes to an end.

When the "Prime Controllers" start their staking there will be more coins in the XPY network than DOGE in a very short time frame.

This space not for rent...
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 8969

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2015, 07:50:01 PM

Well there has been an increase of approx 1700 coins added to the network on the "test staking" or whatever the new excuse/reason is that GAWlets come up with.

I can't exactly say when hyperinflation will push the value into ever increasing zeros, but it will happen.  There is no inflationary control mechanism in the code.  The coins stake at the stated rates, compounding every time.  Honestly I can't give exact numbers or percentages since the code was so poorly written.

XPY will survive for only as long as GAWlets are willing to pour money into it and for as long as people continue to ride the P&D waves.

Me personally, I rode the waves early while the hype machine was running at full force.  Now that the machine is running out of gas and was never filled with oil I'm not going to care about any money I left "on the table" because I'm not going to be caught holding the bag when, not if but when, this, in my opinion, long con/scam comes to an end.

When the "Prime Controllers" start their staking there will be more coins in the XPY network than DOGE in a very short time frame.

Have you looked at the 0.1.2.26 version of the wallet? Any changes to fix hyperinflation there?

As for P&D, look at the post just above yours...  Cool
vancefox
Legendary

Activity: 1033
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 08:01:09 PM

Have you looked at the 0.1.2.26 version of the wallet? Any changes to fix hyperinflation there?

As for P&D, look at the post just above yours...  Cool

The main.cpp code has not changed.  Stake percentage is still the same as in my previous post. from ~.01 daily for the smucks to up to ~.96 daily for the "prime" smucks.

The new wallet.cpp seems to only have a staking change to make proper calls.  I can't see anything else that would say that GAW is trying to do anything different than they started with.

NO inflationary changes/controls have been implemented.  IMO, GAW will not implement inflation control because doing so would not help them, only those that don't have a primex code where x = 10, 20, 100, or 350...

https://github.com/GAWMiners/paycoin/blob/master/src/wallet.cpp

^^ Start @ line 1274

EDIT:  Fixed above language to make it more in line with proper English grammar.

This space not for rent...
Pages: « 1 ... 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 [658] 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 ... 2458 »
  Print  

Jump to: