Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:48:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 2458 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW / Josh Garza discussion Paycoin XPY xpy.io ION ionomy. ALWAYS MAKE MONEY :)  (Read 3376914 times)
kupan787

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 12:04:40 AM

So sounds like it will be for print then. I wonder what publications and when they will be posted.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2014, 12:06:37 AM

So sounds like it will be for print then. I wonder what publications and when they will be posted.

He mentioned Wall Street Journal today, and also Fortune Magazine and CNN earlier.
seedtrue
Legendary

Activity: 963
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 12:11:48 AM

So what is being mined when hashlets are pointed at Hashpoint pool since zenpool payouts suck so bad? I guess this is only IF things are actually being mined. The people on Hashtalk celebrating that they can "mine" hashpoints for another 2 weeks is what made me think about this.
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2014, 12:16:38 AM

So what is being mined when hashlets are pointed at Hashpoint pool since zenpool payouts suck so bad? I guess this is only IF things are actually being mined. The people on Hashtalk celebrating that they can "mine" hashpoints for another 2 weeks is what made me think about this.

Since there are no maintenance fees when mining on HP Pool, the logical conclusion would be that the hashlets are simply "turned off" when you choose HP Pool. Otherwise it would be really hard to justify extreme maintenance fees on BTC mining but zero on HP Pool, if the same equipment is being used. Now don't ask me where the hashpoints are coming from if the equipment is off, I have no idea.
dyask

Activity: 854
Merit: 510

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 12:34:35 AM

GAW is giving away a genesis miner with each new account With genesis 1GH going for .50 they are giving away what $5?  My guess is that most of the "new" customers are "old" customers just creating "new" accounts.

I'm surprised someone hasn't written a bot to do it yet. ;P

They are actually giving away $10.  $5 worth of Genesis to the new user, and 500 hashpoints to the referrer.

There is no $5 worth of Genesis because you can't sell the gift. ...

Actually you can sell gift hashlets now.   I've done it.
NeonTranceBadger

Activity: 168

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 01:05:18 AM

Since there are no maintenance fees when mining on HP Pool, the logical conclusion would be that the hashlets are simply "turned off" when you choose HP Pool. Otherwise it would be really hard to justify extreme maintenance fees on BTC mining but zero on HP Pool, if the same equipment is being used. Now don't ask me where the hashpoints are coming from if the equipment is off, I have no idea.

Mining hashpoints is only a virtual feature, available in API, just like boosts and other stuff. They don't need hardware to do it.
Their hardware is surely mining bitcoin, they wouldn't keep those antminers idle.

If they have a bunch of people mining hashpoints they are pretty much banking all the BTC they would normally have to payout and if they are using all those Antminer S4s then they are making some good BTC.
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2014, 01:23:08 AM

GAW is giving away a genesis miner with each new account With genesis 1GH going for .50 they are giving away what $5?  My guess is that most of the "new" customers are "old" customers just creating "new" accounts.

They are actually giving away $10.  $5 worth of Genesis to the new user, and 500 hashpoints to the referrer.

Actually you can sell gift hashlets now.   I've done it.

Thank you, I stand corrected. So are you farming them one multiple accounts? You can tell us, we won't tell GAW Wink
anderl

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 01:23:43 AM

So with Josh in NY this week for the TV/News interviews, was there ever a schedule posted? Did he ever confirm if it was TV interviews or interviews for print/web?

Also, any reason he would need to be in NY? It seems like most of the interviews done on CNN or CNBC these days are via Satellite. Occasionally they will have someone in studio, but it is generally pretty big name/well known people nationally.

Maybe this got missed in the troll fest that went on for a few pages, but does anyone know the answer to my questions?

Is he actually in NY this week still?

Clearly Josh went to New York to meet with Cantor Fitzgerald because his father in law is Stewart Fraser who is vice chairman.  Looks like Josh married into money and daddy just dumps cash on Josh to keep his businesses afloat.

http://www.bizapedia.com/people/HOMERO-GARZA.html
http://www.bizapedia.com/people/MARK-NAEGELI.html
http://www.bizapedia.com/people/DANIEL-KELLEY.html
http://www.bizapedia.com/people/STUART-FRASER.html
http://www.bizapedia.com/people/ROBERT-GALLAGHER.html

Vannicke

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

That guy, you know, with the face

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 01:26:55 AM

GAW is giving away a genesis miner with each new account With genesis 1GH going for .50 they are giving away what $5?  My guess is that most of the "new" customers are "old" customers just creating "new" accounts.

They are actually giving away $10.  $5 worth of Genesis to the new user, and 500 hashpoints to the referrer.

Actually you can sell gift hashlets now.   I've done it.

Are you sure?  I was unable to sell mine recently, and cannot merge it with my TH of Genesis either ... which annoys me a bit when I enter payout/maintenance data in my spreadsheet, one more thing to go through.

Edit: possibly it has to do with the age of the Gift miner?

Edit 2: Confirmed, just tried to sell it, and got as far as entering a price and clicking confirm and checking the ToU button etc, but then it threw an error that Zen's UI is too fast to display and hide for me to read in the bottom left.  The unit is not listed as for sale either.

The Satoshi Jar: 16t2BLGZyaMpGm3vzYWxucGz8g4bVotr1h
bitcoinnoisseur

Activity: 504

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 01:34:24 AM

I love how there are grammatical errors in the first fucking sentence of the white paper. They have had how long to edit and reedit it?

ABSTRACT
This paper examines PaycoinTM, from a technical and practical perspectives as a new cryptocurrency designed to facilitate mass adoption and long-term valuation stability.

There should be no comma or one after perspectives as well. However it's from a technical and a practical perspective(You need to add an "a"  before technical and perspective is not plural OR from technical and practical perspectives(Remove the a before technical).

If you can't even get the first sentence right and you make 2 errors, how serious can I take any of it?

Maybe this is the reason that only the first few sentences were read at the investment meeting.

LMFAO. Brilliant. I can't believe I didn't think of that. Thank you so much. I'm still laughing.
crashoveride54902

Activity: 784
Merit: 504

Dream become broken often

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 01:54:08 AM

I love how there are grammatical errors in the first fucking sentence of the white paper. They have had how long to edit and reedit it?

ABSTRACT
This paper examines PaycoinTM, from a technical and practical perspectives as a new cryptocurrency designed to facilitate mass adoption and long-term valuation stability.

There should be no comma or one after perspectives as well. However it's from a technical and a practical perspective(You need to add an "a"  before technical and perspective is not plural OR from technical and practical perspectives(Remove the a before technical).

If you can't even get the first sentence right and you make 2 errors, how serious can I take any of it?

Maybe this is the reason that only the first few sentences were read at the investment meeting.

LMFAO. Brilliant. I can't believe I didn't think of that. Thank you so much. I'm still laughing.

good stuff...was he trying to pawn off the idea that they didn't read it cause they just love the idea and threw money at him?

Dreams of cyprto solving everything is slowly slipping away...Replaced by scams/hacks Sad
Vannicke

Activity: 95

That guy, you know, with the face

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 02:01:27 AM

ABSTRACT

There should be no comma or one after perspectives as well. However it's from a technical and a practical perspective(You need to add an "a"  before technical and perspective is not plural OR from technical and practical perspectives(Remove the a before technical).

I was very appalled to see that error at first when I read it, but then realized this is actually not grammatically incorrect, though it is certainly awkward.

One could say one technical and multiple practical perspectives, but it definitely reads very poorly without that clarification.

That said, there are other points that could easily be made a lot clearer with some grammatical correction, such as the part about the "network utilizes a five-network-confirmation protocol, versus a 51% consensus of the Prime Controllers."  After further inspection of the initial launch before Prime controllers are all online, it would be a lot better worded that the "network utilizes a protocol where five network confirmations will be used similarly to current coins, before moving to the the 51% consensus system of the Prime Controllers."

It took me forever to decipher what they meant in that statement, and that was just one sticking point I had in the White Paper's ability to convey a meaning well.

I'm about to leave work, and I'll be dissecting the white paper as fully as I can tonight, and possibly posting on HT as well to see if the Garza or other staff can clarify anything I think is unclear.

To some posters from an earlier conversation, (jimmothy among them I believe) I stated that I did not believe that Hashlets were a security: I retract that previous statement.

After further digging I tend to agree that it is very likely that miner rental payouts are not necessarily paid out entirely from the use of mining hardware rented.  If so much as a Satoshi is paid in addition to the revenue from the mining hardware operation itself, which I think must be the case to sustain things like Double Dip and Turbo after crunching a few numbers, along with ensuring that payouts are a Satoshi over maintenance on the scrypt operations, then by the definitions in both acts, a Hashlet is in part being paid out with security profit, and therefore legally must be a security itself.

I stand corrected.

The Satoshi Jar: 16t2BLGZyaMpGm3vzYWxucGz8g4bVotr1h
corygto

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 02:01:37 AM

ABSTRACT

good stuff...was he trying to pawn off the idea that they didn't read it cause they just love the idea and threw money at him?

Correct.
anderl

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 02:04:29 AM

ABSTRACT

Correct.

You guys don't get it.  They did read it because they were going to throw money at it any way.  Josh's father in law is Vice Chairman of the investment firm.  He could have crapped in a box and they would have still paid him for it lol.
molan

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 02:11:55 AM

Don't a lot of people weren't able to withdraw theirs btc from zencloud a few weeks ago ?

https://i.imgur.com/b09pU38.png
jayendo

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 02:16:59 AM

ABSTRACT

Correct.

You guys don't get it.  They did read it because they were going to throw money at it any way.  Josh's father in law is Vice Chairman of the investment firm.  He could have crapped in a box and they would have still paid him for it lol.
This totally makes sense, and even makes me more scared that this is just a pet project, to basically give Josh a job... this will not end well at all.
reeko400.1

Activity: 66

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 02:24:07 AM

So with Josh in NY this week for the TV/News interviews, was there ever a schedule posted? Did he ever confirm if it was TV interviews or interviews for print/web?

Also, any reason he would need to be in NY? It seems like most of the interviews done on CNN or CNBC these days are via Satellite. Occasionally they will have someone in studio, but it is generally pretty big name/well known people nationally.

Maybe this got missed in the troll fest that went on for a few pages, but does anyone know the answer to my questions?

Is he actually in NY this week still?

Clearly Josh went to New York to meet with Cantor Fitzgerald because his father in law is Stewart Fraser who is vice chairman.  Looks like Josh married into money and daddy just dumps cash on Josh to keep his businesses afloat.

http://www.bizapedia.com/people/HOMERO-GARZA.html
http://www.bizapedia.com/people/MARK-NAEGELI.html
http://www.bizapedia.com/people/DANIEL-KELLEY.html
http://www.bizapedia.com/people/STUART-FRASER.html
http://www.bizapedia.com/people/ROBERT-GALLAGHER.html

And this is the piece of the puzzle that allows it to all make sense now!
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2014, 02:24:40 AM

Don't a lot of people weren't able to withdraw theirs btc from zencloud a few weeks ago ?

https://i.imgur.com/b09pU38.png

Forget BTCs, nobody is mining them on ZenCloud anyway Wink

Belittling an existing financial service - faulty as it may be - against a crypto coin that is still a draft, that's really pushing boundaries.
anderl

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 02:25:33 AM

Yup pretty much. I couldn't move more than 5 BTC per day without having my account locked and then it took 3 days of support requests to get it unlocked. It is still happening.
seedtrue
Legendary

Activity: 963
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 02:26:38 AM

This would cause a lot of things to make more sense.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 2458 »
  Print  

Jump to: