Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:52:29 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 [517] 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 ... 2458 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW / Josh Garza discussion Paycoin XPY xpy.io ION ionomy. ALWAYS MAKE MONEY :)  (Read 3376997 times)
NeonTranceBadger

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 07:43:53 PM

Looks like their back to lying that Amazon is on board.

owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1970

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 07:44:40 PM

Haven't people figured out that using PaySave does not mean you are shopping from Amazon, Target, WalMart, etc. You may be browsing that retailers website but you buy from PaySave and they can source the item from any retailer or distributor they want. You are not buying from Amazon, Target, WalMart, etc. as they claim.

They are all to busy wanking each other off over the fact that coinmarketcap.com FINALLY has them listed "Properly".... You just can't make this shit up.  https://hashtalk.org/topic/26353/coin-market-cap/

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 8986

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2014, 07:54:19 PM

Haven't people figured out that using PaySave does not mean you are shopping from Amazon, Target, WalMart, etc. You may be browsing that retailers website but you buy from PaySave and they can source the item from any retailer or distributor they want. You are not buying from Amazon, Target, WalMart, etc. as they claim.

This is one of the more bizarre features. If their plan is to undercut Amazon et al it will fail spectacularly.

Another genius idea is located on the merchant page: https://paybase.com/merchant.html

Convert to USD - coming soon Cheesy

Impressively attractive for any merchant I'm sure.
jackbox
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1024

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 07:58:21 PM

I will buy XPY all day long for $20 each. In return the buyer must purchase BTC from me for $1,000 each. One XPY  sold requires one BTC purchased. I think this is a great deal. Works out well for both parties. Thanks for the idea Josh.

Buy a Trezor and Protect your BTC, BCH, BTG, DASH, LTC, DGB, ZEC, ETH and ETC from hackers.
If I was helpful please buy me a coffee BTC: 1DWK7vBaxcTC5Wd2nQwLGEoy8xdFVzGKLK  BTG: AWvN1iBqCUqG2tEh3XoVvRbdcGrAzfBBpW
If I was helpful please buy me a burger DGB: DLASV6CUQpGtGSyaVz5FYuu5YxZ17MoGQz
inBitweTrust

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 08:00:51 PM
Last edit: December 29, 2014, 08:14:36 PM by inBitweTrust

Another thing; I keep on seeing this about zincsave being banned by amazon, but it's hard to find info on it; when I do searches I just find articles saying how zincsave works. Can anyone find the original source for zincsave was banned story?

Good question , I cannot confirm that rumor either but what I can confirm is:

https://www.paybase.com/faq.html#where-will-my-order-come-from

Where will my order come from?

We fulfill your order from the lowest cost vendor or retailer. This means that if you place an order using the PaySave button on Macy's, it may come in a box from Walmart, or vice versa.

What retailers are supported?

PaySave currently supports Walmart, Macy's, and Target. We'll be supporting more retailers very soon! Homepage mentions amazon but FAQ omits.

The way is works:

http://lifehacker.com/zinc-skips-the-coupon-clipping-and-automatically-applie-1532877581
They joined that retailer's affiliate program and give you portion of their referral commission. All four of the retailers mentioned have an affiliate program with their online store.

Which means it's NOT a real coupon. It's commission split. This also means if you used any referral links, like you clicked through someone else's referral link, this will likely "steal" that referral and substitute their own.

What clients don't like about it:

1) Shipping may take longer
2) The ordered items don't appear on the clients history
3) Returns and cancellations have to be handled through zincsave and not directly through amazon
4) Products may come from another company entirely (This is the part you need to pay attention to as paysave will scalp sales from merchants)

What amazon TOS says about it:

We've received an official response from Amazon regarding the Chrome extension and intend on publishing it in the near future once all of the facts are gathered in the matter but I'm going to take the highlights of the response and share them here in the meantime.

"Amazon does not allow nor condone the use of any piece of software that violates our terms of service specifically the following sections:

[...] will not intercept, record, redirect, read, interpret, or fill in the contents of any electronic form or other material submitted to us by any person or entity.

[...] will not request, collect, obtain, store, cache, or otherwise use any account information used by our customers in connection with any Amazon Site [...]

[...] will not modify, redirect, suppress, or substitute the operation of any button, link, or other feature of the Amazon Site.

[...] will not make any orders or engage in other transactions of any kind on the Amazon Site on behalf of any other person or entity, or authorize, assist, or encourage any other person or entity to do so.

[...] will not take any action that could reasonably cause any customer confusion as to our relationship with you, or as to the site on which any functions or transactions (e.g., search, browse, or order) are occurring.

Any piece of software, extension or other system which implies a partnership or intercepts customers or customer information is in direct violation of our terms and Amazon will act accordingly."

These are just some highlights. As we continue securing facts and information our team will work to publish a full piece.

corygto

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 08:03:24 PM

Looks like Josh is doing one last desperate grab for cash.

Even though these cashtakers are "limited" and they were "sold out" last week.....magically he has pulled some more out of his ass to sell this afternoon before we get the announcement of another paybase delay Cheesy Cheesy
WaffleMaster

Activity: 966
Merit: 546

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 08:03:57 PM

Archive that, they're fucked. We need to contact amazon legal department about this as well as the other retailers. This is just one of the many long list of violations GAWMiners is making to multiple high end retailers.

keshuker

Activity: 395
Merit: 250

aka. dibdab

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 08:06:56 PM

Looks like Josh is doing one last desperate grab for cash.

Even though these cashtakers are "limited" and they were "sold out" last week.....magically he has pulled some more out of his ass to sell this afternoon before we get the announcement of another paybase delay Cheesy Cheesy

But you have to hurry! No time to think about it, they will again be sold out for the umptheenth time very soon™
NeonTranceBadger

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 08:08:50 PM

Archive that, they're fucked. We need to contact amazon legal department about this as well as the other retailers. This is just one of the many long list of violations GAWMiners is making to multiple high end retailers.

And Archived
https://archive.today/dEiIe
WaffleMaster

Activity: 966
Merit: 546

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 08:10:16 PM

And Archived
https://archive.today/dEiIe
This is also part of Amazon ToS. Other retailers like Target, Macy's, and Walmart all have the same stuff basically.
We've received an official response from Amazon regarding the Chrome extension and intend on publishing it in the near future once all of the facts are gathered in the matter but I'm going to take the highlights of the response and share them here in the meantime.

"Amazon does not allow nor condone the use of any piece of software that violates our terms of service specifically the following sections:

[...] will not intercept, record, redirect, read, interpret, or fill in the contents of any electronic form or other material submitted to us by any person or entity.

[...] will not request, collect, obtain, store, cache, or otherwise use any account information used by our customers in connection with any Amazon Site [...]

[...] will not modify, redirect, suppress, or substitute the operation of any button, link, or other feature of the Amazon Site.

[...] will not make any orders or engage in other transactions of any kind on the Amazon Site on behalf of any other person or entity, or authorize, assist, or encourage any other person or entity to do so.

[...] will not take any action that could reasonably cause any customer confusion as to our relationship with you, or as to the site on which any functions or transactions (e.g., search, browse, or order) are occurring.

Any piece of software, extension or other system which implies a partnership or intercepts customers or customer information is in direct violation of our terms and Amazon will act accordingly."

These are just some highlights. As we continue securing facts and information our team will work to publish a full piece.
ikeboy

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 08:16:48 PM

I'm ready to listen.

Apparently not, since you ignored my "rules" completely  Grin

Thank you for proving that your standards apply only to your opponents.

Your "rules" were arbitrary. I gave a good explanation of why I made the first claim without a source, I gave some sources, and retracted pending further sources. I've never required the level you set for me for anyone (in this thread, at least.)

I'm trying to tell you that you either lack critical thinking or are deliberately spamming. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for the last time and will assume it's the former. You take tweets and other sewage as gospel. You see a number like 100 PH/s and don't spend a minute thinking about it. More than 1/3 of Bitcoin's hashrate, can that be real? How is it calculated? Just a couple of simple questions would tell you what kind of information source you're dealing with, yet you never ask such questions.

Simple math is quite opposite of arbitrary actually.

I haven't "taken tweets as gospel" as you put it, although I can see how you would think that. When I saw the 100Ph/s number, i thought of the following points:

1. it's a "snapshot" number, not a maintained number, so it doesn't mean that that much actually was behind it for a long time
2. I saw several people here posting about how they switched their rigs to paycoin and are dumping it right away.
3. There didn't seem to be a good way to fake the hashrate (which I now know is mistaken.) I'd never heard of hashrates being in dispute before, I thought it was something easily looked up and estimated.

Again, for this particular claim, as soon as someone argued with it I gave in. I had genuinely thought that it wasn't in dispute. I'd read through many pages here and hadn't seen anyone say that the hashrates weren't accurate. I haven't watched many coins launch.

What I meant by saying arbitrary was that you asked for a specific source, and after I gave in and said that the sources I had wasn't sufficient and retracted my statement, that wasn't enough for you.

The standards I apply to others (at least in this context) is that when you're wrong, you should admit it, and when you don't have sources on something which sources is expected, and it's disputed, then you should back down. That's what I did and what that paul who keeps on repeating the same thing seems to have trouble doing.

Another thing; when someone makes a claim about a company, and the company has already said something about it, the claimant should probably mention the official claim/response in their post. If they don't like the official story, then mention it and say what problems you have with it, but omitting it completely makes me suspicious. A few times someone made a claim and gaw had said something about it which made sorta-sense (like a lot of gaw's claims; they have to make sense to some people), and the person just didn't mention it at all. So I usually reply to those posts just mentioning the official story and asking why it isn't enough for them, giving them the benefit of the doubt that they actually hadn't heard it instead of assuming that they heard it but are excluding it maliciously (or other reasons). This seems to have made several people categorize me as shill, unfortunately. Do you agree with my viewpoint on this?

I would like to mention that I think your posts are one of the more sincere ones here, and mostly concentrated in the signal part of this noisy thread. That's why I'm spending more time composing replies to you than to people who are borderline trolling.
ikeboy

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 08:30:47 PM

Violating terms of service may not break the law if you don't agree to follow them (aka amazon does not create law) http://www.forbes.com/sites/oliverherzfeld/2013/01/22/are-website-terms-of-use-enforceable/

Those terms seem only to apply if you want a licence from Amazon. Although maybe including the amazon name on paybase constitutes an acceptance? Not really sure of that. Anyway, we'll know soon enough (unless paybase is pushed off again, of course. Hey, I think the software powering paybase still suffers from the Y2K bug, and we should wait till 3000 to fix it or the world might end )  Wink
inBitweTrust

Activity: 658

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 08:34:35 PM

Violating terms of service may not break the law if you don't agree to follow them (aka amazon does not create law) http://www.forbes.com/sites/oliverherzfeld/2013/01/22/are-website-terms-of-use-enforceable/

Those terms seem only to apply if you want a licence from Amazon. Although maybe including the amazon name on paybase constitutes an acceptance? Not really sure of that. Anyway, we'll know soon enough (unless paybase is pushed off again, of course. Hey, I think the software powering paybase still suffers from the Y2K bug, and we should wait till 3000 to fix it or the world might end )  Wink

Its likely not criminally illegal(copyright/trademark may have criminal implications), but could be a civil crime. Most likely amazon won't notice at first and once they do they will simply shut it down and not waste their time suing GAW.

What it does present is 2 concerns:

1) the dishonesty and desperation GAW will go to when they claimed to have large merchant partners
2) A business model which could fall apart at any moment because it breaks merchants TOS's

cryptodaknight

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 08:37:44 PM

GAW spent 1.1 million on BTC.com only to turn his back on bitcoin , have no use for the domain and than redirect the domain to paybase.

http://btc.com/

Ohh and one more thing ... they cannot even do a simple URL redirect right as you can see from the alternate URL...

http://www.btc.com/

This webpage is not available

Hide details
The server at www.btc.com can't be found, because the DNS lookup failed. DNS is the network service that translates a website's name to its Internet address. This error is most often caused by having no connection to the Internet or a misconfigured network.

So everyone points to this BTC.com as a reason for Gaw being legit, why pay so much. If they truly did pay that much in first place. IF so, it's clearly an investment for Josh, completely outside of this scam as he know BTC.com could fetch a much higher price someday if it goes mainstream.
Paul Revere

Activity: 406
Merit: 260

The Scamcoats are coming!

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 08:37:48 PM

Listen up. Mah client, a missah "Ikeboy" has called me into sahvuss from thuh grave.

I have instructed him to start using very impohtant legal tuhms like "claimant" and "constitutes" in his BS posts. If this does not convince ya'll that black is white and lies are the truth, ahs will have tuh come back from the grave tah haunt your unbeleavun asses.

All of my posts are simply statements of my own personal opinions based on available information and pondering what might be possible considering human nature, with the goal of finding truth and preventing fraud. Please look at all of the facts and theories and put your thinking cap on to draw your own conclusions. If you feel that I have made a false statement or have been unnecessarily derogatory, I encourage you to please point it out, and if proven correct and/or reasonable I will remedy it. ~ Paul Revere
favelle75

Activity: 910

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 08:38:42 PM

I will buy XPY all day long for $20 each. In return the buyer must purchase BTC from me for $1,000 each. One XPY  sold requires one BTC purchased. I think this is a great deal. Works out well for both parties. Thanks for the idea Josh.

BTC already hit is $1000. Quite unlikely to ever do it again, considering the state of things.

_Crypto made easier than cash_

▄███▄              ▄███▄
███████            ███████
███████   ▄████▄   ███████
███████  ████████  ███████
▄██████████  ████████  ██████████▄
████████████  ████████  ████████████
▀██████████  ████████  ██████████▀
▀███▀   ████████   ▀███▀
████████
▀████▀
MenaPay.
ANN THREAD
__
ikeboy

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 08:41:04 PM

Its likely not criminally illegal(copyright/trademark may have criminal implications), but could be a civil crime. Most likely amazon won't notice at first and once they do they will simply shut it down and not waste their time suing GAW.

What it does present is 2 concerns:

1) the dishonesty and desperation GAW will go to when they claimed to have large merchant partners
2) A business model which could fall apart at any moment because it breaks merchants TOS's

I agree with that, but I think we should wait one more day. We'll know after the launch exactly what can and can't be done. We waited this long, another few hours is nothing (but is nerve-wracking.)

There are many extensions that do the same thing or similar and haven't been shut down (for example http://www.savings.com/pricejump and http://www.joinhoney.com/). I think we should wait until the extension is released before jumping to conclusions.

You know what would be useful? If someone has the old zincsave plugin now and could upload it somewhere. I want to look through it and see what it does. Then we could also compare the two side-by-side and see if there's much change.
favelle75

Activity: 910

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 08:42:11 PM

Anyone have a fly swatter handy? There is this constant buzz, almost a whine around here which is really quite annoying.

I agree. The constant chatter of 15-year olds running around trying to archive things is slightly amusing, albeit tiresome. Oh well, I guess if they have the energy, LOL. Maybe they can pump the BTC price up to $320 again. Those were the glory days after all...

_Crypto made easier than cash_

▄███▄              ▄███▄
███████            ███████
███████   ▄████▄   ███████
▄██████████  ████████  ██████████▄
▀██████████  ████████  ██████████▀
▀███▀   ████████   ▀███▀
████████
▀████▀
MenaPay.
ANN THREAD
__
ikeboy

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 08:44:16 PM

Anyone have a fly swatter handy? There is this constant buzz, almost a whine around here which is really quite annoying.

I agree. The constant chatter of 15-year olds running around trying to archive things is slightly amusing, albeit tiresome. Oh well, I guess if they have the energy, LOL. Maybe they can pump the BTC price up to $320 again. Those were the glory days after all...

This just in from Josh: we're pushing xpy to the moon! It needs to be higher than bitcoin so people can accept it, so please get as much money as you can and buy paycoin to make that happen! xpy 330 all the way!

lol
interstellar

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 08:47:43 PM

Even loyal cultists can only take so much....

https://hashtalk.org/topic/26394/i-ve-been-feeling-like-a-milked-btc-cow-for-a-while-now/2
Pages: « 1 ... 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 [517] 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 ... 2458 »
  Print  

Jump to: