Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:12:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: This frozen chicken “had a rich, emotional life.”  (Read 21132 times)
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2015, 03:37:14 AM

Our hospitals are full of meat eaters because ... ?

What will all you healthscam workers do if/when people stay healthy ?

They, just like the private banksters, big oil, the military industrial complex ect. all have a strangle hold on your life's resources.

They, do not want us to know how easy it really is to free ourselves from their 2000 year old reign.

Want milk ? Drink your mom's !

Wink

The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hashman
Legendary

Activity: 1264
Merit: 1008

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 04:28:42 PM

They, just like the private banksters, big oil, the military industrial complex ect. all have a strangle hold on your life's resources.

They, do not want us to know how easy it really is to free ourselves from their 2000 year old reign.

Wink

HippieTech gets the +1
Bon appetit!
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 04:34:44 PM

Wink

2000 years ago... The birth of logic, science, philosophy and veganism?

hashman
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 09:21:05 AM

Wink

Thank you Pythagoras!
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2015, 02:51:58 PM

Wink

Thank you Pythagoras!

The story behind that guy is another glaring example of how little we really know about our ancient past as some/many of their accomplishments are unmatched and/or can't be explained, to this very day. eg. mathematics, engineering, astronomy ect.

Humanity's addiction to flesh and blood started out very much the same as that junkie's first dose of crack, meth, ect., eons ago.

The Garden of Eden was a butcher shop. The red apple, a slab of bloodied meat.

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 03:25:55 PM

Wink

Thank you Pythagoras!

The story behind that guy is another glaring example of how little we really know about our ancient past as some/many of their accomplishments are unmatched and/or can't be explained, to this very day. eg. mathematics, engineering, astronomy ect.

Humanity's addiction to flesh and blood started out very much the same as that junkie's first dose of crack, meth, ect., eons ago.

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 03:33:40 PM

Wink

Thank you Pythagoras!

What does it matter? After the Great Flood at the time of Noah, where only the 8 people of Noah and his family survived in the ark, God formally gave mankind the right to eat meat. The only rule about it was that they wouldn't eat meat with its blood still in it.

Many people pick on this idea of draining the blood out of the meat, as a flaw in the religious side of the meat-eating idea. They suggest that nobody can get every last blood cell out, so the meat-eaters will be disobeying God at least a little by eating any meat. They also say that God's commands are contradictory regarding this.

Such people don't realize that, while a strict law was the rule of thumb before the Flood - people were much more mentally able in pre-flood days; they didn't need a Bible to remember what God was all about - God realized that people were failing through gradual entropy. He realized that never again were they going to be able to keep the strict laws. So, He gave them the semblance of strict laws, so that they could obey within their abilities, showing reverence for God in their hears, minds, and spirits where it really counts. He had it in mind already back then what He was going to do to save them without strict obedience - Jesus.

At a later date, the People of Israel asked God for strict laws - at the time God gave the Ten Commandments through Moses on Mount Sinai. God was pleased that they would ask for such a thing, since He is essentially a God of strict legality - that's why Jesus had to die for the sins of the world. God gave the people of Israel the mental makeup so that they had the ability to keep the strict laws if they only would try. That is why, even to this day, Jews are very clever in their dealings. Their cleverness came from God so they could obey His strict laws.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
hashman
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 09:20:10 PM

What does it matter? After the Great Flood at the time of Noah, where only the 8 people of Noah and his family survived in the ark, God formally gave mankind the right to eat meat. The only rule about it was that they wouldn't eat meat with its blood still in it.

Many people pick on this idea of draining the blood out of the meat, as a flaw in the religious side of the meat-eating idea. They suggest that nobody can get every last blood cell out, so the meat-eaters will be disobeying God at least a little by eating any meat. They also say that God's commands are contradictory regarding this.

Such people don't realize that, while a strict law was the rule of thumb before the Flood - people were much more mentally able in pre-flood days; they didn't need a Bible to remember what God was all about - God realized that people were failing through gradual entropy. He realized that never again were they going to be able to keep the strict laws. So, He gave them the semblance of strict laws, so that they could obey within their abilities, showing reverence for God in their hears, minds, and spirits where it really counts. He had it in mind already back then what He was going to do to save them without strict obedience - Jesus.

At a later date, the People of Israel asked God for strict laws - at the time God gave the Ten Commandments through Moses on Mount Sinai. God was pleased that they would ask for such a thing, since He is essentially a God of strict legality - that's why Jesus had to die for the sins of the world. God gave the people of Israel the mental makeup so that they had the ability to keep the strict laws if they only would try. That is why, even to this day, Jews are very clever in their dealings. Their cleverness came from God so they could obey His strict laws.

Not exactly on topic here, nor reflecting the views of Hashman per se,  but I happened to come across this while the thread was up, so hey hey hey why not link. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJkQb0nuUGA

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 10:07:23 PM

Not exactly on topic here, nor reflecting the views of Hashman per se,  but I happened to come across this while the thread was up, so hey hey hey why not link. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJkQb0nuUGA

Kinda on topic here, not reflecting the views of Wilikon per se,  but I happened to come across this while the thread was up, so blah blah blah why not link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JkT9cJrgKc

From the Upcoming Album "Hatchets and Broccoli"

Wink

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 10:20:27 PM

Do Plants Respond to Pain?

Scientists conduct a plant experiment that may make you rethink those veggie burgers.

hashman
Legendary

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 12:27:25 PM
Last edit: February 21, 2015, 01:53:50 PM by hashman

Kinda on topic here, not reflecting the views of Wilikon per se,  but I happened to come across this while the thread was up, so blah blah blah why not link.

Wink

Boo yeah.  Thanks!!  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yw5Mf9RlW0

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 06:52:04 PM

Kinda on topic here, not reflecting the views of Wilikon per se,  but I happened to come across this while the thread was up, so blah blah blah why not link.

Wink

Boo yeah.  Thanks!!  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yw5Mf9RlW0

You are welcome

Smiley

ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 08:43:24 PM

Do Plants Respond to Pain?

Scientists conduct a plant experiment that may make you rethink those veggie burgers.

Ok so what i gatheres so far is that i cant eat meat, i cant eat veggie, than please tell me what i can eat ? Its a pretty simple answer for this question in nature, where there is an obvious ladder of power, and humans are on very top. So if tigers in jungle can eat a gazelle, why cant i eat a pig? or are all those tree huggers saying the whole nature is wrong, but theyre right.
I eat what i want , when i want, and im sorry if that offends anyone, but it is as it is.

cheers
hashman
Legendary

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 10:16:44 PM

Ok so what i gatheres so far is that i cant eat meat, i cant eat veggie, than please tell me what i can eat ? Its a pretty simple answer for this question in nature, where there is an obvious ladder of power, and humans are on very top. So if tigers in jungle can eat a gazelle, why cant i eat a pig? or are all those tree huggers saying the whole nature is wrong, but theyre right.
I eat what i want , when i want, and im sorry if that offends anyone, but it is as it is.

cheers

Sure doesn't offend me.  What you want to eat is exactly what you should eat and what you will eat.   I do the same. 

You can also eat a bus, 100 hot dogs in a minute, or drip lemon juice into your eyes, if that's what floats your boat.  Ladder of power and all that.   
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 02:20:40 AM

I still think that the chicken would have a richer, more emotional life after being eaten. Of course, better even still if it were eaten alive.

Grin

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 03:17:09 PM

Why healthy eating may be the new eating disorder: Raw food and paleo dieters 'at risk of a dangerous obsession with nutrition'

Orthorexia nervosa is the term coined for the 'health food eating disorder'

Sufferers may be 'plunged into gloom' by eating a piece of bread

They may become anxious about when their next superfood hit is coming

Exaggerated focus on food can be seen in raw, clean and paleo dieters

Orthorexia nervosa, the 'health food eating disorder', gets its name from the Greek word ortho, meaning straight, proper or correct.

This exaggerated focus on food can be seen today in some people who follow lifestyle movements such as 'raw', 'clean' and 'paleo'.

American doctor Steven Bratman coined the term 'orthorexia nervosa' in 1997 some time after his experience in a commune in upstate New York.

It was there he developed an unhealthy obsession with eating 'proper' food.

'All I could think about was food,' he said. 'But even when I became aware that my scrabbling in the dirt after raw vegetables and wild plants had become an obsession, I found it terribly difficult to free myself.

'I had been seduced by righteous eating.'

Bratman's description draws parallels with many modern dietary fads that promise superior health by restricting whole food groups without a medical reason or even a valid scientific explanation.

Raw food followers might meet regularly to 'align their bodies, minds and souls' by feasting on 'cleansing and immune-boosting' raw foods.

Such foods are never heated above 44˚C, so 'all the living enzymes in the food remain intact'. No gluten, dairy or 'sugar' is allowed.

Clean eaters may follow similar regimes, removing gluten, dairy and even meat from their diets.

You might overhear a discussion about 'superfood green smoothie' recipes after a yoga class that also happened to 'cleanse your gall bladder'.

And finally, around the corner, paleo pushers may 'beef up' together with a Crossfit class, followed by a few steaks.

Again, with paleo, there is no gluten – or any grains for that matter – and no dairy or other such 'toxins' are allowed.

There is a blurry line separating 'normal' healthy eating and orthorexia nervosa, but one way to define the condition is when eating 'healthily' causes significant distress or negative consequences in a person's life.

They may be 'plunged into gloom' by eating a piece of bread, become anxious about when their next kale, chia or quinoa hit is coming, or eat only at home where 'superfood' intake can be tightly controlled.

Such behaviours can have a significant impact on relationships with family members and friends, let alone on their mental health.

Orthorexia nervosa is not a clinically recognised eating disorder but researchers have developed and tested questionnaires in various populations to get an idea of its prevalence.

Italian researchers developed the ORTO-15 questionnaire in 2005, with a cut-off score below 40 to signify orthorexia nervosa.

Scores above 40 can still signify a tendency to pathological eating behaviours and/or obsessive-phobic personality traits.

Questions include: 'Does the thought about food worry you for more than three hours a day?' and 'Do you feel guilty when transgressing your healthy eating rules?'

Using this questionnaire and cut-off value of 40, another Italian research group reported a prevalence of orthorexia nervosa of 57.6 per cent, with a female-male ratio of two-to-one.

However, using a cut-off value of 35, the prevalence reduced to 21 per cent.

Most studies have been conducted in population sub-groups that may be at increased risk for orthorexia nervosa, such as health professionals.

Again using the ORTO-15 and a cut-off value of 40, the prevalence of orthorexia nervosa in Turkish medical doctors was 45.5 per cent, in Turkish performance artists it was 56.4 per cent (81.8 per cent in opera singers to 32.1 per cent in ballet dancers) and in ashtanga yoga teachers in Spain, 86.0 per cent.

Using another questionnaire, the Bratman Test, 12.8 per cent of Austrian dietitians were classified as having orthorexia.

You can test your own tendencies towards orthorexia nervosa using this Bratman test here and access support services via the National Eating Disorder Collaboration page and Body Matters Australasia.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3033325/Why-healthy-eating-new-eating-disorder-Raw-food-paleo-dieters-risk-dangerous-obsession-nutrition.html

... It doesn't matter what they say about you. You are still my precious... Kiss

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 03:26:29 PM

UC Berkeley Students Protest For Cows’ Rights On Mother’s Day: “Dairy Cows Are Raped” For Milk…

Mother’s Day held special significance this year for an animal rights group at UC Berkeley and other Bay Area activists, who claim that exploiting the breast milk of “another’s mother,” namely a calf’s, is unfair and disrespectful.

On May 10, the Berkeley Organization for Animal Advocacy (BOAA) at UC Berkeley protested the consumption of mother cows’ milk at Andronico’s Community Market and Safeway, two dairy and meat-selling grocery markets in the San Francisco Bay area.

A group of about 20 students and alumni marched through the grocery markets consecutively, chanting lines such as “animals feel pain, just like us,” and holding signs that read “dairy cows are raped and forcibly impregnated” and “dairy cows are exploited for their breast milk.”

“Every time you drink the milk of a mother cow, there is a baby calf who isn’t,” BOAA organizer Reilly Gardine said in the group’s press release.

“There is no humane way to forcefully impregnate a cow and separate her from her baby, only to steal her milk,” Mike Harvey, another BOAA organizer, said in the press release.

http://www.campusreform.org/?ID=6505

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 03:49:20 PM

UC Berkeley Students Protest For Cows’ Rights On Mother’s Day: “Dairy Cows Are Raped” For Milk…

Mother’s Day held special significance this year for an animal rights group at UC Berkeley and other Bay Area activists, who claim that exploiting the breast milk of “another’s mother,” namely a calf’s, is unfair and disrespectful.

On May 10, the Berkeley Organization for Animal Advocacy (BOAA) at UC Berkeley protested the consumption of mother cows’ milk at Andronico’s Community Market and Safeway, two dairy and meat-selling grocery markets in the San Francisco Bay area.

A group of about 20 students and alumni marched through the grocery markets consecutively, chanting lines such as “animals feel pain, just like us,” and holding signs that read “dairy cows are raped and forcibly impregnated” and “dairy cows are exploited for their breast milk.”

“Every time you drink the milk of a mother cow, there is a baby calf who isn’t,” BOAA organizer Reilly Gardine said in the group’s press release.

“There is no humane way to forcefully impregnate a cow and separate her from her baby, only to steal her milk,” Mike Harvey, another BOAA organizer, said in the press release.

http://www.campusreform.org/?ID=6505

Here we go again - "cows & cows & cows" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FavUpD_IjVY.

Smiley

protokol
Legendary

Activity: 1188
Merit: 1016

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 05:07:26 PM

Cheesy

Haha these militant veggies are pretty funny. It's natural and healthy for us to eat meat, the canine teeth in my mouth prove it.

Rape is also natural. Doesn't prove anything.

While rape does happen in the natural world (humans/apes/dolphins etc), we have not evolved to exhibit traits designed to facilitate rape specifically. However we have developed traits to specifically eat and digest meat, such as our teeth. Therefore I don't think it's a fair comparison.
Actually our teeth are not evolved to eat meat and almost all mammals have canine teeth so this argument is completely invalid in any case. Also we have a lot of digestive similarities with animals that are herbivores.
Just wanted to point out that misconception.

OK, I've done some reading and it seems that yes, some mammals do have canine teeth so that argument is not as valid as I first thought. However, some of these mammals may have evolved from recent carnivores, whereas we probably evolved from recent herbivores, such as Australopithecus. So it could be a case that either these mammals have not lost the canines yet, or they use them for another function, such as fighting or tusks for display.

Our digestive system as a whole has most certainly evolved to be omnivorous, not vegetarian. The human digestive tract is shorter than that of herbivores, and we have lost the function of the appendix to digest cellulose.

Our ancestor Australopithecus had a big large intestine, and large flat teeth to munch and digest vegetation. Later, this species moved to the plains and began to eat meat, many scientist believe this was where our anatomy began to evolve to process meat more effectively. Meat is a more concentrated form of energy, our ancestors would gain energy more efficiently by spending an hour eating meat rather than 5 hours eating berries.
There is also evidence that, more recently in history (1.8m years), our ancestors discovered how to cook meat, which is easier still to digest.

Therefore, due to natural selection, our guts got smaller and we saved energy in digestion, enabling us to be more successful in survival.

There is a lot of evidence that the introduction to meat eating enabled our ancestors to evolve bigger brains, and therefore able to spend less time foraging and more time to develop social structures. This would have progressed the species' intelligence.

Many scientists believe that it is no coincidence that Humans are the most intelligent species, and also the only ones to cook their food.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 09:04:05 PM

Cheesy

Haha these militant veggies are pretty funny. It's natural and healthy for us to eat meat, the canine teeth in my mouth prove it.

Rape is also natural. Doesn't prove anything.

While rape does happen in the natural world (humans/apes/dolphins etc), we have not evolved to exhibit traits designed to facilitate rape specifically. However we have developed traits to specifically eat and digest meat, such as our teeth. Therefore I don't think it's a fair comparison.
Actually our teeth are not evolved to eat meat and almost all mammals have canine teeth so this argument is completely invalid in any case. Also we have a lot of digestive similarities with animals that are herbivores.
Just wanted to point out that misconception.

OK, I've done some reading and it seems that yes, some mammals do have canine teeth so that argument is not as valid as I first thought. However, some of these mammals may have evolved from recent carnivores, whereas we probably evolved from recent herbivores, such as Australopithecus. So it could be a case that either these mammals have not lost the canines yet, or they use them for another function, such as fighting or tusks for display.

Our digestive system as a whole has most certainly evolved to be omnivorous, not vegetarian. The human digestive tract is shorter than that of herbivores, and we have lost the function of the appendix to digest cellulose.

Our ancestor Australopithecus had a big large intestine, and large flat teeth to munch and digest vegetation. Later, this species moved to the plains and began to eat meat, many scientist believe this was where our anatomy began to evolve to process meat more effectively. Meat is a more concentrated form of energy, our ancestors would gain energy more efficiently by spending an hour eating meat rather than 5 hours eating berries.
There is also evidence that, more recently in history (1.8m years), our ancestors discovered how to cook meat, which is easier still to digest.

Therefore, due to natural selection, our guts got smaller and we saved energy in digestion, enabling us to be more successful in survival.

There is a lot of evidence that the introduction to meat eating enabled our ancestors to evolve bigger brains, and therefore able to spend less time foraging and more time to develop social structures. This would have progressed the species' intelligence.

Many scientists believe that it is no coincidence that Humans are the most intelligent species, and also the only ones to cook their food.

C'mon you guys. This topic is serious. Stop turning it into as religion by suggesting that something evolved.

Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: